Galactic Conquest

I'm super excited about this new mode and can't wait to try it out! I'm sure the boards will be full of early negative criticism, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Sounds like it will be a much more in depth, challenging version of Galactic War. Can't wait!

Replies

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I’m also cautiously optimistic.
  • I'm super cautiously optimistic expialidocious. :D
  • It will be the same as with gc, you need all mandalorians on relic 8 or something to participate. They will make it frustrating as much as they can, maybe I will be surprised with this game mod. But i don't think so, don't hold your breath and get your hopes up. They will feed on your tears!
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    It will be the same as with gc, you need all mandalorians on relic 8 or something to participate. They will make it frustrating as much as they can, maybe I will be surprised with this game mod. But i don't think so, don't hold your breath and get your hopes up. They will feed on your tears!

-r8 to participate-; we know for a fact that won't be the case, it won't be the case to win either because the difference between r7 and r8 isn't significant. The mode will surely differentiate between players and roster states. If it doesn't and everyone gets the same bundle out of it, what's the point...
  • I am looking forward to this game mode, but am afraid of two things.

First, similar to GC you will need certain factions highly reliced to get passed certain stages along the way. So, in short we will be forced to gear up specific toons to progress (looking at you Mandalorians).

Second, the Razor Crest will be a fleet game changer similar to Hounds Tooth and Han's ****. If it is, it will make fleet become a p2w game mode, which it hasn't been in a long time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to this game mode, but am afraid of two things.

First, similar to GC you will need certain factions highly reliced to get passed certain stages along the way. So, in short we will be forced to gear up specific toons to progress (looking at you Mandalorians).

From my understanding we are playing through a path system that allows you to choose (to some extent) which team you face and you can plan to get to one team vs another in any particular set of battles.

These are "common" teams so you may want/need to use a counter team, but that is your game play style and you want to beat the team. There doesnt seem to be any required factions or teams as a set thing.

The difficulty will scale, so at some point yes you will be facing very difficult teams, and you may not be able to win without a developed roster.

• Miketo28 wrote: »

Second, the Razor Crest will be a fleet game changer similar to Hounds Tooth and Han's ****. If it is, it will make fleet become a p2w game mode, which it hasn't been in a long time.

I think specific factions will be required for feats at most, meaning that you can progress without them but might not get the maximum possible keycards.
    As for RC, I don't think it will be a complete game changer. Sure, it will push BH fleets up a step or two, but it's still lacking a dedicated capital and Thrawn or Tarkin can only get you so far. It remains to be seen whether it warrants a spot on Nego or Male fleets, but I think not. Well, maybe in Nego to put mark on enemy Anakin, but Male already has Hyena to get around taunts.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Miketo28 wrote: »

I think specific factions will be required for feats at most, meaning that you can progress without them but might not get the maximum possible keycards.
    As for RC, I don't think it will be a complete game changer. Sure, it will push BH fleets up a step or two, but it's still lacking a dedicated capital and Thrawn or Tarkin can only get you so far. It remains to be seen whether it warrants a spot on Nego or Male fleets, but I think not. Well, maybe in Nego to put mark on enemy Anakin, but Male already has Hyena to get around taunts.

From my understanding, if you are correct and they issued faction specific feats, they would have to implement frasing or limitations about them being done on different nodes and I dont think that is likely.

I am imagining feats being more quantity based to conflict with energy and stamina, vs faction specific, unless its something like "cast X# of debuffs with sith"

Winning X# of battles with a specific team type feats seem unlikely.