Conquest!! Razorcrest Confirmed in video???

Prev1
Title says it all.
“But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”

Replies

• Im wondering what the kit will look like and who will be the crew. Bando? OG Mando? Both? Random mix of Mandalorian toons? Also, is Bo-Katan still going to be added as Conquest exclusive?
  • Awesome!!! :)
  • Razor Crest confirmed, yes. Unclear if we get to activate after this conquest or if it will take multiple though. Also don't know who the pilot is (Mando or Beskar presumably).
  • From the YouTube video description
    The latest update to Galaxy of Heroes expands the Galactic War table with a new game mode, Conquest! You will face increasingly difficult foes as you advance from sector to sector, but special Data Disks and consumables will help power up your squads along the way. You’ll need a variety of squads and your favorite combination of Data Disks to defeat some of your most difficult challenges yet! Complete feats and battles to improve your reward crate at the end of the event and for this Conquest, earn a very special ship, the Razor Crest!

So it is confirmed, which is great as Ships need some serious love! Question is, where will it fit in? Bounty hunters or scoundrels or BOTH???
  • Spear mando might come in.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    From the YouTube video description
    The latest update to Galaxy of Heroes expands the Galactic War table with a new game mode, Conquest! You will face increasingly difficult foes as you advance from sector to sector, but special Data Disks and consumables will help power up your squads along the way. You’ll need a variety of squads and your favorite combination of Data Disks to defeat some of your most difficult challenges yet! Complete feats and battles to improve your reward crate at the end of the event and for this Conquest, earn a very special ship, the Razor Crest!

So it is confirmed, which is great as Ships need some serious love! Question is, where will it fit in? Bounty hunters or scoundrels or BOTH???

New Mando tag?? Add Slave 1 for Jango as well??
  • Dang I wanted a character!!!!!!!!!!
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Dang I wanted a character!!!!!!!!!!

We still might...

EDIT: Theres no way this is the only "Season 2" things we were promised.
  • Can't wait for all the complaint threads when people can't finish the hard mode the first time. B)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wow, those bonuses look pretty bonkers. Hope that the better data disks will be at least somewhat accessible for ftp too.
    Wonder what the Razor Crest will do to the ship meta. It could bring together the BH faction in ships, but I'm not sure if they could unseat the current metas without their own capital (where's my boy Hondo and his flying saucer?). Or they give it the Mandalorian tag, when Mando ships are in even worse place than characters?
  • Im wondering if there will be an "easy" difficulty eventually. Because the "normal" is recommending at least 2 mil gp.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Im wondering if there will be an "easy" difficulty eventually. Because the "normal" is recommending at least 2 mil gp.

The first sector on normal is tuned for g12, I don't think they will go lower than that.
  • It’s for mid-endgame players it seems
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It’s for mid-endgame players it seems

What I like is the broad reach - it goes all the way from g12 to r8. Pretty much everyone beyond early game will find something to do there.
  • It’s for mid-endgame players it seems

Yea, as early game players still have tons of stuff to navigate.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    Razor Crest confirmed, yes. Unclear if we get to activate after this conquest or if it will take multiple though. Also don't know who the pilot is (Mando or Beskar presumably).

kit release is on its way.

from my understanding, this will be a rare purchase/find so its hard to tell, but I would bet on activating this ship too quickly and 7* may take a bit depending on how far a player can make it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Razor Crest confirmed, yes. Unclear if we get to activate after this conquest or if it will take multiple though. Also don't know who the pilot is (Mando or Beskar presumably).

As in today?

I dont have the power to make that promise.
  • Kyno wrote: »

As in today?

I mean, we'll figure it out by tomorrow if they don't post it.
  • its up now
  • Im wondering if there will be an "easy" difficulty eventually. Because the "normal" is recommending at least 2 mil gp.

I guess that you're supposed to start with Galactic War and evolve to Conquest mode later on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Im wondering if there will be an "easy" difficulty eventually. Because the "normal" is recommending at least 2 mil gp.

I guess that you're supposed to start with Galactic War and evolve to Conquest mode later on.

Yes this is the idea
  • @Starslayer

Yep, that was my understanding as well. Galactic War is for level 40/50/60 (whenever it starts, I forget) until Level 85 + maybe a month or two.

Conquest is set up to transition fairly smoothly from the time you get to the point where you can sim GW, where you can do some fights in Conquest & get minimal rewards up until people much farther along in the game than I am, where you have 6-8 GLs and 8M gp or more, where it might get to be old hat/sim worthy.

While some people have 8M gp, no one has their 6 GLs yet, so I imagine that's part of what they'll use to keep people locked out of instant mastery of the game mode (they want people to have goals, after all).

My guess is that they'll make the multiple GLs necessary by making certain battles require certain skill sets. Imagine a mode you can clear with Barriss-led support/healer jedi + KAM if they're all r1+ with at least a couple at r5, but is extremely challenging to clear with all R7+ SLKR/First Order.

By diversifying your roster, you can save SLKR for a node that only SLKR can beat (thus the benefit of a broad 8M+ roster) but only with SLKR (or another PvE monster of a GL) can you beat the final node for the ultimate prize - thus the benefit of GL farming.

In this way you have long term playable content. I'm a good year away from having 6GLs and 7.5-8M gp. I'm not nearly the most advanced player in the game, but with the exception of one 6 month break, I've been playing since January 2016, less than 2 months after the game came out. So I'm about equal to someone who has been playing since July 2016, FtP, reliably every day, but not necessarily so focussed on the game I'm getting the top rewards for a player of my length of time/GP. (Someone doing better in Arena, for example, might have several hundred thousand more GP than me and be 3 months closer or so to getting 6GLs and 8M gp.)

Farming is quicker now, but I would still think that getting to the point where you can max out conquest, starting with a new account, would take more than 2.5 years. And, of course, 2.5 years from now we'll have other new content.

Again, these are guesses, of course, but I'll be pretty surprised if 8M gp players aren't maxing this within about 3-4 months after the next GLs are released.

The one trick is that they might basically require a Conquest-exclusive toon + the Conquest-exclusive Razorback to get max rewards. In that case, in addition to GLs & 8M gp, endgame players will be held back however long it takes to get & gear those 2 things.

I'm expecting that BAM will be required for Razorback, which is bad for me since I don't have him, but I'm close with IG-11 at 53/100, so I'll certainly have him done & geared before I have the Razorback unlocked.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Well, there's only 4 GLs, so that's a really big reason why nobody has 6 yet.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

Do you think that "War" is going to get revamped?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

There are no plans for that at this time.
  • Kyno wrote: »

There are no plans for that at this time.

Darn. It would be nice if they would so that its easier and a better transition for the people doing that going into conquest.