[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

• Mandalore wrote: »
    That's a reasonable response but frankly not many of the responses or questions posed to doja have had that same respectful or reasonable approach to them. It's true that his job is to communicate to the community, that is his assigned position. He does a good job of doing so when there is something to communicate. But if there is nothing to be said, which he is not responsible for coming up with solutions and content for the game, if there isn't any new developments to report on, should we really expect him to come onto the forums everyday and say "still nothing new to report"? That doesn't make sense. So it also doesn't make reasonable sense to keep asking about the same things over and over again in a more and more confrontational manner.
    We as the community also cannot assume that there is a simple and quick fix to anything in the game for multiple reasons. A couple simple reasons would be most of us don't understand how complicated coding is and because we aren't in the development process we can't possible know the complexity of these issues and how they affect other parts of the game. So to say they aren't doing their jobs based on how much money the company makes (which we don't know how much actually goes to employees after overhead) is unfair. The other side of the argument could just as easily be made that the lack of communication is due to how hard they are working to trying to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and so filling in the community on each step and every miniscule detail is a waste of valuable time and resources are better directed elsewhere.
    "Why can't you just give this to us?" Is a question we cannot fairly ask under any circumstances.

Thank you for this. People absolutely need to have a way to voice their opinions. It helps me know how they're feeling and potential areas of focus. How they do so is up to them.

But, your perspective and comments are definitely appreciated.

• At the end of the day Doja, your efforts are recognized and appreciated by a vast majority of the fan base!
  • abring15 wrote: »
    At the end of the day Doja, your efforts are recognized and appreciated by a vast majority of the fan base!

Thank you. I recognize there's still a lot to be done. Hopefully the best is yet to come
  • abring15 wrote: »
    At the end of the day Doja, your efforts are recognized and appreciated by a vast majority of the fan base!

Agreed
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • So they said you need to beat normal to do hard, then they said you choose. So how does that work? Is it one then the other or choosing?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So they said you need to beat normal to do hard, then they said you choose. So how does that work? Is it one then the other or choosing?

You get to choose once you beat normal would be my guess.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    So they said you need to beat normal to do hard, then they said you choose. So how does that work? Is it one then the other or choosing?

I think you have to have completed the normal difficulty at least once prior to attempting the hard. Similar to how TB is structured with the different gp requirements, like once your guild gets the certain gp you can switch back and forth as you choose. This is just choosing based off of you beating the first one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

you have to beat normal at least once before you can move on to hard.

once you choose normal or hard you are locked in for the whole event.
  • Ok thanks Kyno
  • What level do I need to be to play this? I am level 61 and my characters are level 50-55
  • What level do I need to be to play this? I am level 61 and my characters are level 50-55

Any gp is allowed, but 2 mil is the recommendation because the enemies are going to be g12 up.
  • I've been watching this forum since 2016 and lately it seems one of the most requested things is a voice from CG communicating with us. The silence was the worst part and made it feel like the game was almost dead.

Doja has done a great job of being a voice even when there's no news. Kudos for that! It been one if the most welcome changes to this forum in quite some time. Keep it up Doja!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.

I appreciate your work on this, but your statement doesn't sit well with me. We were told that Q&A's would be monthly, which they were for awhile...then the infamous April "No, too expensive" Q&A happened and since then, we have got nothing....no reason for the sudden stopping, no date when they will return, just classic CG radio silence and we are supposed to believe they "fell off the radar" despite multiple requests for a Q&A for months now.

We got word from Crumb (through someone else) that he was working on a new format... 7 months ago......now we have to wait another month to "see what happens". We are coming up on a year without a Q&A....and people wonder why people post on here saying that CG doesn't care about its player base....this is just evidence to that fact.

I'm trying to believe here Doja, and I do not put any of CG's past failures to follow through, again without saying a word, on you. I believe that you are so restrained, that it is almost impossible for you to do your job. Hopefully, the revamped revamped Q&A version 3 will be great but based on CG's past, I have serious doubts.

I can't change what has happened. I can only focus on doing my job and try to make things happen going forward. I'm not asking you to believe or change your mind about anything. I'm gonna do my best to try to get questions answered under the new format and hopefully people like it.

The announcement of you joining the team was back in October 2020, it has been 5 months. So what happened was your job and you have been trying to make things happen since you came. Your addition and efforts are appreciated, but come on now. If there was an actual plan on doing things, there would be a deadline as well, not just words all the time. The last Q&A was in February 2020, that is a year of nothing. You can say all want on the plans and formats you have, but till I see actions I can't say that the addition was of any significance.
    As far as planning goes in this company, I really don't know what to say anymore.
    Was it really the plan to release a toon you already had ready till you get Conquest up and running? If you knew the work that was needed to get this thing running why didn't you have another toon released so you can keep your people happy or something? Was this the plan all along? Almost 2 months of nothing? I really don't understand.
    Again, I appreciate your efforts and it might not be totally your fault and I apologize, but you are the peoples contact.

You're welcome to your opinions, but luckily for me my job isn't dependent on your timelines. I'm building programs from the ground up and that takes time, approval process, etc.

It's taking way more time than I wanted, but not much I can do about that.

But, overall, I understand why you feel the way you do. I can't fault you for taking a wait-and-see approach. It makes sense and I'd prolly do the same thing if I were in your position. I'll do my best and it won't be perfect. But, things will be better.

And yes, I am the people's contact so I understand that frustrations are going to be directed at me. I'm totally fine with that. It's important to have your voices and opinions heard as it helps me do my job and let me know what things players would like to see improvement upon.

I appreciate your response Doja!
    I never expected anyone to meet my timeline or any customers timeline, in that matter.
    In most businesses, people have some type of deadlines, which keeps the employees accountable and the customers engaged.
    If you are indeed working on these things you are saying there must be some type of window that we should expect them to drop. A month, 2 months, 1 year?
    As a game, you are making about 1 billion $ and expectations are going to be up there no matter what.
    I am pretty sure that when the financial department has to deliver an annual, monthly, or quarterly report, they do it on time. Correct? Because the bosses wouldn't be happy to not know what they are making.
    You took my post more personal than I expected. I don't think you run the whole deal and I don't expect you to. As I said, you are the people's voice so I am addressing you my curiosity on how some things have transpired in the months that pasted. I don't think any of my questions were answered, rather it was a general post.
    Anyways, to finish up I didn't think that the Road Ahead post was what its supposed to be and the months of 2021 have been more than slow.
    Would it be extremely hard every month to either have a Character release OR a character touch-up/rework?
    One per month, i think that would keep most of the crowd happy with all the extra work that is going on.
    But getting a lame post where nothing is said and then actually getting nothing is sad. The fact that they have added personnel and the output is still the same is again sad.
    I am not saying it is your fault, but they have not utilized their assets correctly for sure!
    That's a reasonable response but frankly not many of the responses or questions posed to doja have had that same respectful or reasonable approach to them. It's true that his job is to communicate to the community, that is his assigned position. He does a good job of doing so when there is something to communicate. But if there is nothing to be said, which he is not responsible for coming up with solutions and content for the game, if there isn't any new developments to report on, should we really expect him to come onto the forums everyday and say "still nothing new to report"? That doesn't make sense. So it also doesn't make reasonable sense to keep asking about the same things over and over again in a more and more confrontational manner.
    We as the community also cannot assume that there is a simple and quick fix to anything in the game for multiple reasons. A couple simple reasons would be most of us don't understand how complicated coding is and because we aren't in the development process we can't possible know the complexity of these issues and how they affect other parts of the game. So to say they aren't doing their jobs based on how much money the company makes (which we don't know how much actually goes to employees after overhead) is unfair. The other side of the argument could just as easily be made that the lack of communication is due to how hard they are working to trying to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and so filling in the community on each step and every miniscule detail is a waste of valuable time and resources are better directed elsewhere.
    "Why can't you just give this to us?" Is a question we cannot fairly ask under any circumstances.

Good points man!
    Listen I don't expect him to be out here all the time and answer my posts or do I expect him to solve all the problems at CG. I am referring to him because I know he is the only one that he takes time to look into some of the peoples opinions.
    My whole point is that when there are these amounts of money there is usually structure and a managerial system in place to prevent such things and to guide how a year and most often a 5-year period will go.
    If the Road Ahead post was more clear on what we are actually getting the following months like we usually get and it wasn't a lame post just about conquest, then I would have some type of expectations.
    Now, not only I don't but it has been a slow slow 2 months of absolutely nothing.
    Am I that unreasonable? Am I asking Why can't you just give this to us? Or do I state facts on how things have transpired.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.

I appreciate your work on this, but your statement doesn't sit well with me. We were told that Q&A's would be monthly, which they were for awhile...then the infamous April "No, too expensive" Q&A happened and since then, we have got nothing....no reason for the sudden stopping, no date when they will return, just classic CG radio silence and we are supposed to believe they "fell off the radar" despite multiple requests for a Q&A for months now.

We got word from Crumb (through someone else) that he was working on a new format... 7 months ago......now we have to wait another month to "see what happens". We are coming up on a year without a Q&A....and people wonder why people post on here saying that CG doesn't care about its player base....this is just evidence to that fact.

I'm trying to believe here Doja, and I do not put any of CG's past failures to follow through, again without saying a word, on you. I believe that you are so restrained, that it is almost impossible for you to do your job. Hopefully, the revamped revamped Q&A version 3 will be great but based on CG's past, I have serious doubts.

I can't change what has happened. I can only focus on doing my job and try to make things happen going forward. I'm not asking you to believe or change your mind about anything. I'm gonna do my best to try to get questions answered under the new format and hopefully people like it.

The announcement of you joining the team was back in October 2020, it has been 5 months. So what happened was your job and you have been trying to make things happen since you came. Your addition and efforts are appreciated, but come on now. If there was an actual plan on doing things, there would be a deadline as well, not just words all the time. The last Q&A was in February 2020, that is a year of nothing. You can say all want on the plans and formats you have, but till I see actions I can't say that the addition was of any significance.
    As far as planning goes in this company, I really don't know what to say anymore.
    Was it really the plan to release a toon you already had ready till you get Conquest up and running? If you knew the work that was needed to get this thing running why didn't you have another toon released so you can keep your people happy or something? Was this the plan all along? Almost 2 months of nothing? I really don't understand.
    Again, I appreciate your efforts and it might not be totally your fault and I apologize, but you are the peoples contact.

You're welcome to your opinions, but luckily for me my job isn't dependent on your timelines. I'm building programs from the ground up and that takes time, approval process, etc.

But, overall, I understand why you feel the way you do. I can't fault you for taking a wait-and-see approach. It makes sense and I'd prolly do the same thing if I were in your position. I'll do my best and it won't be perfect. But, things will be better.

And yes, I am the people's contact so I understand that frustrations are going to be directed at me. I'm totally fine with that. It's important to have your voices and opinions heard as it helps me do my job and let me know what things players would like to see improvement upon.

I never expected anyone to meet my timeline or any customers timeline, in that matter.
    In most businesses, people have some type of deadlines, which keeps the employees accountable and the customers engaged.
    If you are indeed working on these things you are saying there must be some type of window that we should expect them to drop. A month, 2 months, 1 year?
    As a game, you are making about 1 billion $ and expectations are going to be up there no matter what.
    I am pretty sure that when the financial department has to deliver an annual, monthly, or quarterly report, they do it on time. Correct? Because the bosses wouldn't be happy to not know what they are making.
    You took my post more personal than I expected. I don't think you run the whole deal and I don't expect you to. As I said, you are the people's voice so I am addressing you my curiosity on how some things have transpired in the months that pasted. I don't think any of my questions were answered, rather it was a general post.
    Anyways, to finish up I didn't think that the Road Ahead post was what its supposed to be and the months of 2021 have been more than slow.
    Would it be extremely hard every month to either have a Character release OR a character touch-up/rework?
    One per month, i think that would keep most of the crowd happy with all the extra work that is going on.
    But getting a lame post where nothing is said and then actually getting nothing is sad. The fact that they have added personnel and the output is still the same is again sad.
    I am not saying it is your fault, but they have not utilized their assets correctly for sure!

You seem to have the view that nothing has changed since Doja has come in to the job which I find odd because it very clearly has. Now admittedly there is still room for improvement, but that will come when we get the new Q&A (which should be out in the next month I believe he said, so there’s a timeline for you) as well as the other things that we’ve been told he’s working on. We’ve been told time and time again that stuff takes time, getting onto discord took 3 months I think they said. There was probably no way to tell how long that would take to be approved so these timelines you want just aren’t there, or at least aren’t for us to see past, they’re trying to get it done as quick as they can.

Also I can’t speak for others but I certainly don’t expect a new character release every single month and touch ups, while some are needed (looking at Mace Windu) they are somewhat on the rarer side so I definitely don’t expect touch ups every month there isn’t a character release and I think it’s silly to do so.
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

You seem to have the view that nothing has changed since Doja has come in to the job which I find odd because it very clearly has. Now admittedly there is still room for improvement, but that will come when we get the new Q&A (which should be out in the next month I believe he said, so there’s a timeline for you) as well as the other things that we’ve been told he’s working on. We’ve been told time and time again that stuff takes time, getting onto discord took 3 months I think they said. There was probably no way to tell how long that would take to be approved so these timelines you want just aren’t there, or at least aren’t for us to see past, they’re trying to get it done as quick as they can.

Also I can’t speak for others but I certainly don’t expect a new character release every single month and touch ups, while some are needed (looking at Mace Windu) they are somewhat on the rarer side so I definitely don’t expect touch ups every month there isn’t a character release and I think it’s silly to do so.

Would you mind expanding on what has changed?
    Other than some replies here and there on this forum?
    And that is exactly my point, how the hell does it take 3 months to get on discord? (If your info is correct)
    If policies and structures where in place, which you expect to be in an EA company you wouldn't need 3 months to do it. Just saying!
    Also, I never said I expect this to happen. I am just throwing ideas out there on how to cover dead periods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gouj4 wrote: »

And that is exactly my point, how the hell does it take 3 months to get on discord? (If your info is correct)
    If policies and structures where in place, which you expect to be in an EA company you wouldn't need 3 months to do it. Just saying!
    Also, I never said I expect this to happen. I am just throwing ideas out there on how to cover dead periods.

I think you are missing the point. Doja came into this position with some more rounded knowledge about the situation than you have, and even he didnt know how long some of this would take or how much red tape was involved.

You say you dont want to hold him to a timeline, but then comment how things shouldn't take so long. Doja is trying to explain that they take as long as they take, and he is always working on things.

Either way, you have some timelines that have been given by Doja, so you can use those to adjust your expectations rather than expect them when you are, which seems to be quicker than the reality of the situation.

What has changed?

We have had community issues that get updates and a visible level of follow through. While he cant speak to all the plans he has, we also have seen a visible level of follow through with the expansion of communication (looking at you Discord).
  • Not to mention a massive increase of forum thread communication…
  • Obitoo_johnobi11
    122 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

I think you are missing the point. Doja came into this position with some more rounded knowledge about the situation than you have, and even he didnt know how long some of this would take or how much red tape was involved.

You say you dont want to hold him to a timeline, but then comment how things shouldn't take so long. Doja is trying to explain that they take as long as they take, and he is always working on things.

Either way, you have some timelines that have been given by Doja, so you can use those to adjust your expectations rather than expect them when you are, which seems to be quicker than the reality of the situation.

What has changed?

We have had community issues that get updates and a visible level of follow through. While he cant speak to all the plans he has, we also have seen a visible level of follow through with the expansion of communication (looking at you Discord).

I would hope he would have a more round knowledge on the subject than I do, or else he wouldn't be the right hire.
    As of missing the point, you continue to be missing my point. As I stated earlier, If I had an actual Road Ahead or any tool that would give a small picture of what is to happen, then I would expect what was expected.
    When you know [Removed - CM] then you can't expect anything.
    Anyways, I wish my job was as free flowing and target free as all your jobs are.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021

What has changed?

I would hope he would have a more round knowledge on the subject than I do, or else he wouldn't be the right hire.
    As of missing the point, you continue to be missing my point. As I stated earlier, If I had an actual Road Ahead or any tool that would give a small picture of what is to happen, then I would expect what was expected.
    When you know [Removed - CM] then you can't expect anything.
    Anyways, I wish my job was as free flowing and target free as all your jobs are.

There you are again, saying things that dont really show any understanding, and an expectation that he should be meeting your timeline.

He does have targets, and a work load, and goals. Those are all set by his boss, who also gets updates about the hurdles and obstacles in the way.

You seem to have some expectations anyway, and you dont seem to be basing them on anything that is happening around us. Getting the first steps of his comms plan implemented took 3 months. Things will take time, but he is there busting his.... to get stuff done.

We had a road ahead, you not accepting it as a RA, doesnt change that. People talk about the RA covering months out, which if the exhibition is basically 1 month long, with possible extensions, then correlating feedback and implementing it, then running another one.... all that adds up to around 2 months right there, without any extensions. Conquest is the focus for the next few months...

And even without you knowing anything you seem to be mounting some expectations and giving them timelines...... I'm just suggesting that maybe you lay off the guy, as you're not his boss, and stop projecting onto him this vision you have of him having no boss, no deadlines, and just getting to it when he does while sitting on a beach feeding his parrot.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Doja has def made communication better. Even Crumb chimed in on a question yesterday about Conquest. Communication is better. Much appreciated.
  • Kyno wrote: »

What has changed?

When you know jackshiet then you can't expect anything.

There you are again, saying things that dont really show any understanding, and an expectation that he should be meeting your timeline.

He does have targets, and a work load, and goals. Those are all set by his boss, who also gets updates about the hurdles and obstacles in the way.

You seem to have some expectations anyway, and you dont seem to be basing them on anything that is happening around us. Getting the first steps of his comms plan implemented took 3 months. Things will take time, but he is there busting his.... to get stuff done.

We had a road ahead, you not accepting it as a RA, doesnt change that. People talk about the RA covering months out, which if the exhibition is basically 1 month long, with possible extensions, then correlating feedback and implementing it, then running another one.... all that adds up to around 2 months right there, without any extensions. Conquest is the focus for the next few months...

And even without you knowing anything you seem to be mounting some expectations and giving them timelines...... I'm just suggesting that maybe you lay off the guy, as you're not his boss, and stop projecting onto him this vision you have of him having no boss, no deadlines, and just getting to it when he does while sitting on a beach feeding his parrot.

I stated on my first post that it might be wrong addressing all this to Doja, but he is the one interacting with us. As for my understanding, I appreciate his effort and work and have said it a bunch of times.
    With that said, if I feel something is going in a way which I might feel is right, is my opinion and this forum is for posting our opinion when I last checked.
    You talk a lot of generalities and focusing on timelines I have not set. You can continue to say it all you want, it won't change anything. Go compare all Road Aheads to the last one and tell me if I am wrong. I guess even if you do you won't see any difference cause you are biased, but anyways.
    Never said I was his boss and as said earlier never expected him to meet my timelines or anyone's timelines.
    I was questioning the way things are being managed and the process in which they get things out.
    Read and then start defending your owner, Parrot.
  • Konju wrote: »
    Doja has def made communication better. Even Crumb chimed in on a question yesterday about Conquest. Communication is better. Much appreciated.

THIS! Our expectations are so skewed by their work that Crumb answering a question is insane progress! LOL
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

What has changed?

I stated on my first post that it might be wrong addressing all this to Doja, but he is the one interacting with us. As for my understanding, I appreciate his effort and work and have said it a bunch of times.
    With that said, if I feel something is going in a way which I might feel is right, is my opinion and this forum is for posting our opinion when I last checked.
    You talk a lot of generalities and focusing on timelines I have not set. You can continue to say it all you want, it won't change anything. Go compare all Road Aheads to the last one and tell me if I am wrong. I guess even if you do you won't see any difference cause you are biased, but anyways.
    Never said I was his boss and as said earlier never expected him to meet my timelines or anyone's timelines.
    I was questioning the way things are being managed and the process in which they get things out.

Your definition of the Road ahead is different than the one they have stated.

I wont go through the effort right now to quote all the timelines you are setting when you say, it should happen quicker....

Please dont try to make this personal, that is not the way you want this to go.

What has changed?

cikyt1oqlcae.jpg

What has changed?

I wont go through the effort right now to quote all the timelines you are setting when you say, it should happen quicker....

Where is my definition of a Road Ahead and where is theirs? I said compare. I didn't say it should be this way.
    Second, you can go and read all my posts and if you understand anything, you will see that I never said I need something quicker.
    Lastly, I am not sure but I feel this is a threat. Really?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

What has changed?

Where is my definition of a Road Ahead and where is theirs? I said compare. I didn't say it should be this way.
    Second, you can go and read all my posts and if you understand anything, you will see that I never said I need something quicker.

You said compare the 2 road ahead, the content of a RA is supposed to pertain to a certain time period or element. The actual content they contain is not open for comparison (unless you want to redefine that), as long as the timeframe/substance they cover is what has been within the stated area they put forth.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/213082/state-of-the-galaxy-september-2019

I have read all your posts, and several of them you say you dont hold him responsible and then you contradict yourself later by talling about how things should be quicker or you rag on his job acting like you have information about what he is doing (as if you are his boss).

Name calling is starting to make things personal, and is not necessary or constructive.

What has changed?

You said compare the 2 road ahead, the content of a RA is supposed to pertain to a certain time period or element. The actual content they contain is not open for comparison (unless you want to redefine that), as long as the timeframe/substance they cover is what has been within the stated area they put forth.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/213082/state-of-the-galaxy-september-2019

I have read all your posts, and several of them you say you dont hold him responsible and then you contradict yourself later by talling about how things should be quicker or you rag on his job acting like you have information about what he is doing (as if you are his boss).

Name calling is starting to make things personal, and is not necessary or constructive.

Ok, I understand what you are saying on the Road Ahead, but you can see how much detail has gone to the one you send me. Probably my expectations were wrong because of the detail that had been delivered in all the previous posts.
    Also, having a guy like Doja that is engaged and like you say puts in work, I was expecting something similar or better, wrongfully.
    Now on my posts, again I didn't say things should be quicker. I said that with no view on what's going on you create fake expectations. Especially when nothing really is happening or being discussed about like the last month. I know Conquests and yeah we are all excited, but even a post that would say due to the complexity and all the new features it will take more time than expected, would be better.
    The only criticism I had on time was when I got the example of Discord and I wasn't talking about Dojas managerial skills or policies. I was referring to the company.
    To me to be honest it sounds ridiculous that it took 3 months to get on discord. And again I am not judging Doja, not all things go throw him, I understand.
    I apologize if I took it too personal.
  • Here's the point, the road ahead is intended to give us something to look forward to in the next 3 months or so.

Historically if you look back and pay attention to their timelines they often release a road ahead about 4-6 weeks before the content they are promoting is released. Sometimes sooner but it seems like a fair assumption to expect the next new thing in the next 2 months. Given the scope of this new game mode it's also reasonable to expect it to take a little longer than other events or new things in previous road aheads. (Roads ahead?)

If the project went past that and into the next quarter then it would be more understandable to pose questions in regards to their timeline and why it has been prolonged. I don't pretend to understand how another person's job or company works. What i do know is there are always things that cannot be seen or sometimes even understood from the outside.

But in this case the release and announcement of conquest is well within a reasonable time frame.

Communication is in itself a complicated issue especially when it comes to dealing with consumers/customers and something that has been greatly improved on in the past few months. To avoid mistakes whether in the past or potential ones I think it's reasonable to expect changes to be made slowly and progressively.
    Here's the point, the road ahead is intended to give us something to look forward to in the next 3 months or so.

Historically if you look back and pay attention to their timelines they often release a road ahead about 4-6 weeks before the content they are promoting is released. Sometimes sooner but it seems like a fair assumption to expect the next new thing in the next 2 months. Given the scope of this new game mode it's also reasonable to expect it to take a little longer than other events or new things in previous road aheads. (Roads ahead?)

If the project went past that and into the next quarter then it would be more understandable to pose questions in regards to their timeline and why it has been prolonged. I don't pretend to understand how another person's job or company works. What i do know is there are always things that cannot be seen or sometimes even understood from the outside.

But in this case the release and announcement of conquest is well within a reasonable time frame.

Communication is in itself a complicated issue especially when it comes to dealing with consumers/customers and something that has been greatly improved on in the past few months. To avoid mistakes whether in the past or potential ones I think it's reasonable to expect changes to be made slowly and progressively.

I thought the Road Ahead meant the same thing you did, until I went back and reread what they posted a while back.
    Going forward, we will be posting the Road Ahead when we’ve got a new chapter of content to announce or something huge and exciting to announce (approximately once a quarter) but if there isn’t, we will post a State of the Galaxy that month in lieu of the Road Ahead. Our hope is while the Road Ahead is about driving hype and excitement around something cool and new, the State of the Galaxy can be where we discuss how things are going in the game and go deeper into our intentions.

The Road Ahead are no longer tied to quarters....they are tied to whenever they have something to announce. The problem was that the Road Ahead didn't drive up hype. The conquest post SHOULD have been the road ahead.

Communication isn't that hard really, other games do it with ease....this studio just seems to have too much red tape and poor management on top of that. We shouldn't be praising Crumb for coming on once in blue moon to answer someone's question... it should almost be a daily occurrence....