Kit Reveal: Razor Crest

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Hardware: PRE-EMPIRE TRANSPONDER (Cooldown 3)
    FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: Razor Crest gains Stealth for 2 turns and inflicts Ability Block on target enemy for 1 turn, which can't be evaded or resisted.

So did Hardware change to Reinforcement then back to Hardware again? Also, Cooldown of 3? Whats that about?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @MasterSeedy how about we get proper filled out fleets for the existing factions (Res & FO in particular) before we add 3+ BH ships to build that one? That way we don't have to keep rotating Houndstooth through every "synergy" image in kit reveals.

how do I upvote this? oh wrong forum
  • @Vendi1983

Well don't look at me. I'm not the one that put Razorcrest in the game and gave it BH synergy, with a whole lot of Breach, where Hound's tooth is the only ship that really was designed to benefit from Breach.

I'm discussing the kit & taking the logic of the kit to its natural conclusion
  • Fill out fleets? IDK about you, but in most battles, the back ships are mostly just filler anyway - and this forces us to find different interactions. Does everything need to be dummy-proofed to THAT degree?

Also, I'm perfectly happy under-sizing my FO fleet by 3 spots, and do it every GAC.

Thanks for the cool new ship ;)
  • I asked that question in the kit thread. I’m guessing it’s a copy and paste error. Perhaps they still have reinforcements labeled as hardware in the code....I dunno, I don’t know anything about coding.
  • Two things that make zero sense:
    1) Ulta not the first one to comment
    2) BAM being the pilot - BH Razor Crest --> BH Mando // Scoundrel (only) Razor Crest --> BAM

I can see why the Razor Crest shall have the bounty hunter tag, to push that faction and make them somewhat viable which is a good thing and I like it. The only logical thing to do now is change the pilot from BAM to BH Mando.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • 5-6 sec animation on special? Not fun. I remember capships animations were cut off for being too long.
  • Hortus wrote: »
    5-6 sec animation on special? Not fun. I remember capships animations were cut off for being too long.

I mean, it's called "Stalling Strafe"...
  • Hortus wrote: »
    5-6 sec animation on special? Not fun. I remember capships animations were cut off for being too long.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that's the 1x speed animation. So only really a 1.25/1.5 second animation in battle. Guess we'll see.
  • Just take the logic of the design to its natural conclusion & you can see that they're setting this up to be the basis of a BH fleet that eventually disrupts the current meta by destabilizing Nego's ability to hold on defense without being able to take out Mal or Rebels consistently on offense - so it doesn't simply replace Nego, but rather it replaces Nego **on offense**, and only against Negos. In other words, no more Nego vs. Nego mirror matches.

Since Nego doesn't hold on defense at all vs. Mal (and Mal doesn't hold at all vs. Nego), if they do go this route and add in another Nego counter, I'm pretty sure it will upset a few people.
    Only people with no Mal fleet should ever do Nego vs. Nego mirror matches, and I can't see why those people should go for a BH counter where we still seem to lack a good capital ship.

But I do agree with you that Razor Crest looks like something that would hold better vs. Nego/Empire fleet than vs. Rebels/Sep fleets.
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    @Vendi1983

Well don't look at me. I'm not the one that put Razorcrest in the game and gave it BH synergy, with a whole lot of Breach, where Hound's tooth is the only ship that really was designed to benefit from Breach.

I'm discussing the kit & taking the logic of the kit to its natural conclusion

Literally every single ability (except the reinforcement) on IG-2000 has synergy with breach. Also Xanadu Blood has strong synergy with it, while also infcliting it left and right. The only current BH ship without any real synergy is Slave I.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    I'm sure we won't get there without Hondo's flying saucer,.

My money is that they bring in Gideon's cruiser that the Mando crew captures in S2.
  • We need a slave 1 touch up (probably wont happen til book of boba is out tho) and maybe add jangos slave 1?

But seriously all we need is a new ship meta.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Two things that make zero sense:
    2) BAM being the pilot - BH Razor Crest --> BH Mando // Scoundrel (only) Razor Crest --> BAM

I can see why the Razor Crest shall have the bounty hunter tag, to push that faction and make them somewhat viable which is a good thing and I like it. The only logical thing to do now is change the pilot from BAM to BH Mando.

One more, that I find odd...

This may be the first ship that someone could unlock before the character, depending how easy it is to get the shards in conquest.
  • Kyno wrote: »

This may be the first ship that someone could unlock before the character, depending how easy it is to get the shards in conquest.

Technically you could get any ship before the toon, other than the capital ships.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Moff Gideon’s Cruiser plz. Everything Moff Gideon.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Technically you could get any ship before the toon, other than the capital ships.

Yes but with an equal focus on both, most pilots come first, but there are other reasons why players make that happen. But yes you are correct.
  • Moff Gideon’s Cruiser plz. Everything Moff Gideon.

Only if we get the Dark Troopers that come with it!

dark-troopers-1200x675.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Moff Gideon’s Cruiser plz. Everything Moff Gideon.

Only if we get the Dark Troopers that come with it!

dark-troopers-1200x675.jpg

Cant like this enough.
  • DT were weak in the Mandalorian though
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    DT were weak in the Mandalorian though

Mando in his beskar armor barely took out one and when the whole bunch of them was walking up to the bridge, the mando crew was sithing their pants and Gideon was smiling as he knew they were lost.
    Luke's just OP, that's all.

1) Take B2 stats (including HP and Prot)
    2) Put it 100 stacks of Droid Battailon
    3) Panic
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    LordDirt wrote: »

Mando in his beskar armor barely took out one and when the whole bunch of them was walking up to the bridge, the mando crew was sithing their pants and Gideon was smiling as he knew they were lost.

Mando is weak. He gets beat by everyone. Lets his ship get messed up all the time and then destroyed.

Those DT just stood there and let Luke destroy them. Those things just booted up, got pulled out into space, casually came back, and then just stood around. B1 droids shoot faster than those things. How is ONE just going to go up to a door and slowly beat on it? Too much nostalgia for you guys and you ate it up.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    RTS wrote: »
    I'm sure we won't get there without Hondo's flying saucer,.

My money is that they bring in Gideon's cruiser that the Mando crew captures in S2.

as long as we get a lot more ships, i'm down for anything
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Special: STALLING STRAFE

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Breach for 2 turns. If the target already had Breach, inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns. Call target other Bounty Hunter ally to assist.

Unique 1: TENACIOUS PILOT

FINAL TEXT: Whenever another Bounty Hunter ally uses a Special ability, they first inflict Breach on the selected target for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Question: If I use Stalling Strafe on a target that has no debuffs, will breach be applied first due to unique, and then will that proc the Buff Immunity condition of Stalling Strife?

Given the wording, I'm starting to think its going to be

Apply Breach -> Check if target has Breach (not resisted), and apply Buff Immunity if they do
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    It's only "another Bounty Hunter ally" so I assume it would not inflict Breach from unique prior to the check with Strafe, as they're assisting with their basic.
    LordDirt wrote: »

Mando is weak. He gets beat by everyone. Lets his ship get messed up all the time and then destroyed.

Those DT just stood there and let Luke destroy them. Those things just booted up, got pulled out into space, casually came back, and then just stood around.
    Put another way...you didn't actually watch it. If you going to try to be a troll, at use factual information. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Special: STALLING STRAFE

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Breach for 2 turns. If the target already had Breach, inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns. Call target other Bounty Hunter ally to assist.

Unique 1: TENACIOUS PILOT

FINAL TEXT: Whenever another Bounty Hunter ally uses a Special ability, they first inflict Breach on the selected target for 2 turns, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Question: If I use Stalling Strafe on a target that has no debuffs, will breach be applied first due to unique, and then will that proc the Buff Immunity condition of Stalling Strife?

Given the wording, I'm starting to think its going to be

Apply Breach -> Check if target has Breach (not resisted), and apply Buff Immunity if they do
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's only "another Bounty Hunter ally" so I assume it would not inflict Breach from unique prior to the check with Strafe, as they're assisting with their basic.

This is correct, he does not trigger his own unique.
  • No developer insights this time @CG_Doja_Fett ?
  • @Kyno @CG_Doja_Fett is this a marque or galatic chase?