My new project: Imperial Remnant Troopers Kits (please check out)

Prev1
I am going to be making a new Imperial Trooper team called the 'Imperial Remnant Troopers' which will work under Moff Gideon. The team increases certain enemy stats as a gamble to decrease other stats, and is not based on TM gain. The aim is for Gideon to set the stage and then start a slaughter. I will also give Gideon a touch-up to work with the other kits. Today, I'll start with the Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper (a decent toon unlike his counterpart in the regular Stormtrooper.
My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

Replies

• TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper:

Dark Side, Tank (STR), Empire, Imperial Remnant, Imperial Trooper

Basic Omega: Memory of the Empire
    Deal physical damage increased by Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper's Critical Damage. If this doesn't critically hit, inflict health up for 1 turn and expose for 3 turns (both stacking). This attack does not trigger exposes. When target enemy’s health increases, their offense decreases by 5%.

Special Omega: Expendability
    Gain Taunt for 2 turns (which cannot be prevented or ignored) and all allies gain Defense up for 4 turns. Then, gain 10 stacks of Wall of Troopers.

Unique Zeta: Wall of Troopers
    Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper has no Protection, 1 Health, and 100 stacks of Wall of Troopers, and can't be defeated or destroyed while they have Wall of Troopers. When all stacks of Wall of Troopers expire, Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper is immediately destroyed. Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper is immune to Damage Over Time and burning, and their Max Health and Max Protection can't be increased.
    When Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper takes damage, they dispel all debuffs on themselves and lose 8 stacks of Wall of Troopers. At the start of Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper's turn, they gain 3 stacks of Wall of Troopers.
    Wall of Troopers: Each stack grants Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper +2% Offense and all Imperial Remnant allies +0.5% Evasion and Critical Damage, and 0.1 speed. This unit loses critical chance equal to his stacks of Wall of Troopers.

Unique Omega: The replacable
    When this unit is defeated, it will revive a random ally (including itself) for 2 turns and grant this ability to that unit.
    Post edited by TheChild_eats_eggs1 on
  • Basic edited
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Well Remnant Trooper looks Good, aside from 3 things.
    Number 1 is you don't have to mention that Health Up and Expose Stack.
    Number 2 is Taunt that can't be Ignored, it just adds another layer of Power Creep.
    Number 3 is the Replacable, I don't understand the Reviving for 2 turns

3) Oh god, I am so bad at ‘copying’ my kits from word to Forums/discord.
    So basically it sort-of keeps the team alive. I’ll rewrite it for clarity.

1) Oh ok

2) Ok, it was at 1st to be different from the reg. Stormtrooper, but I got enough of that later.
  • Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper:

Deal physical damage increased by Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper's Critical Damage. If this doesn't critically hit, inflict health up for 1 turn and expose for 3 turns. This attack does not trigger exposes. When target enemy’s health increases, their offense decreases by 5%.

Gain Taunt for 2 turns (which cannot be prevented) and all allies gain Defense up for 4 turns. Then, gain 10 stacks of Wall of Troopers.

Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper has no Protection, 1 Health, and 100 stacks of Wall of Troopers, and can't be defeated or destroyed while they have Wall of Troopers. When all stacks of Wall of Troopers expire, Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper is immediately destroyed. Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper is immune to Damage Over Time and burning, and their Max Health and Max Protection can't be increased.
    When Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper takes damage, they dispel all debuffs on themselves and lose 8 stacks of Wall of Troopers. At the start of Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper's turn, they gain 3 stacks of Wall of Troopers.
    Wall of Troopers: Each stack grants Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper +2% Offense and all Imperial Remnant allies +0.5% Evasion and Critical Damage, and 0.1 speed. This unit loses critical chance equal to his stacks of Wall of Troopers.

Unique Omega: The replacable
    When this unit is defeated, it will revive a random ally (including itself) and grant this ability to that unit for 2 turns.

Unique is meant to keep the team alive if they die too quickly, and the revive will be 50 stacks/50%prot and 50% health.

• I'm sorry @TheChild_eats_eggs1 But I don't like this one very much. If had to describe why in one sentence, I'd say: It's fundamentally flawed.
    Lets start with the biggest problem: Wall of Troopers. Why did you think that a Droid Battalion clone would work with a tank or a revive? At all? This type of effect is supposed to represent an army of Fragile units. What part of Fragile says Tank to you? Seriously, if B1 is focused down, he can be killed in 3 turns in battle, or 5-10 seconds. What about that says "I can defend my team" to you? Jedi Knight Guardian is a better thank.
    Then there's the buff itself. Specifically the +0.1 speed. Have you ever noticed that even with the 10% speed boost from speed sets, the speed is always a whole number? Yup, speed is one of the starts that can't have a decimal. It's always a whole number no matter what. So +0.1 speed breaks the core rules of the game. That's just asking to crash the game. (Not that it will matter much since he's down in 10 sec flat anyway, but still).
    Then there's the Revive. Why can he revive in the first place? A big part of B1's kit is that he can't be revived. Because all revives in the game are based on health. So none of them grant any stacks of anything. And in case you're going the Reinforcements route: When you have more units waiting, why not use them? You also say here "if they die to quickly", but as I stated before he (or they) will always die too quickly. Almost immediately, in fact. This type of effect just wasn't designed to work with taunt or revive in the first place.
    There are a few more smaller things (like no cooldown on the special and the confusing wording of the basic), but those are overall insignificant. This kit is creative at least, but I just don't think it will work on a fundamental level.
  • Ichiraikou wrote: »
    I'm sorry @TheChild_eats_eggs1 But I don't like this one very much. If had to describe why in one sentence, I'd say: It's fundamentally flawed.
    Lets start with the biggest problem: Wall of Troopers. Why did you think that a Droid Battalion clone would work with a tank or a revive? At all? This type of effect is supposed to represent an army of Fragile units. What part of Fragile says Tank to you? Seriously, if B1 is focused down, he can be killed in 3 turns in battle, or 5-10 seconds. What about that says "I can defend my team" to you? Jedi Knight Guardian is a better thank.
    Then there's the buff itself. Specifically the +0.1 speed. Have you ever noticed that even with the 10% speed boost from speed sets, the speed is always a whole number? Yup, speed is one of the starts that can't have a decimal. It's always a whole number no matter what. So +0.1 speed breaks the core rules of the game. That's just asking to crash the game. (Not that it will matter much since he's down in 10 sec flat anyway, but still).
    Then there's the Revive. Why can he revive in the first place? A big part of B1's kit is that he can't be revived. Because all revives in the game are based on health. So none of them grant any stacks of anything. And in case you're going the Reinforcements route: When you have more units waiting, why not use them? You also say here "if they die to quickly", but as I stated before he (or they) will always die too quickly. Almost immediately, in fact. This type of effect just wasn't designed to work with taunt or revive in the first place.
    There are a few more smaller things (like no cooldown on the special and the confusing wording of the basic), but those are overall insignificant. This kit is creative at least, but I just don't think it will work on a fundamental level.

Ok. I totally get you. Waking up now (well not really) and just realising all this. I'll rework it, maybe get rid of wall of troopers.

Wdym about the Reinforcements route.

Special was a 4 turn cooldown. Oops. And I get what you mean about the basic. I'll redo it, and it'll be ready in 2 hours latest.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    You should make another kit that uses the 6th slot. Not necessarily for this one but very few toons use that slot and I personally would like to see more with it. I do like this kit, but as stated before, there are some flaws, but nothing that cant be fixed.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
    I'm sorry @TheChild_eats_eggs1 But I don't like this one very much. If had to describe why in one sentence, I'd say: It's fundamentally flawed.

Ok. I totally get you. Waking up now (well not really) and just realising all this. I'll rework it, maybe get rid of wall of troopers.

Special was a 4 turn cooldown. Oops. And I get what you mean about the basic. I'll redo it, and it'll be ready in 2 hours latest.

I meant that gaining 50 stacks upon reviving sounds more like calling in 50 troops as reinforcements (since each stack is supposed to represent 1 trooper). Which doesn't make much sense as it's not reviving and it would be better to just use them at the start. But that's minor.
    One thing you can do with wall of trooper is that he gains a few stacks (2 stacks + one additional for each Imperial remnant ally for example)and that he revives himself or another Imperial Remnant ally whenever they are defeated. But that's just at the top of my hat.
    Ichiraikou wrote: »

I meant that gaining 50 stacks upon reviving sounds more like calling in 50 troops as reinforcements (since each stack is supposed to represent 1 trooper). Which doesn't make much sense as it's not reviving and it would be better to just use them at the start. But that's minor.
    One thing you can do with wall of trooper is that he gains a few stacks (2 stacks + one additional for each Imperial remnant ally for example)and that he revives himself or another Imperial Remnant ally whenever they are defeated. But that's just at the top of my hat.

Or he could bring in a toon that's similar to b1 into the ally/6th slot.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited February 2021

Deal true damage increased by Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper's Critical Damage. Inflict health up for 1 turn and expose for 3 turns. This attack does not trigger exposes.

Special Omega: Expendability (cooldown 4)
    Gain Taunt for 2 turns (which cannot be prevented). All allies dispel all debuffs from themselves. Then, all allies gain Defense up for 4 turns, and heal by 10% of the healthiest (at the start of the battle) ally's health and protection.

All Imperial Remnant allies have +10% defense and +5% max health and protection if the leader is Moff Gideon. When an ally is defeated, gain 10% offense (stacking, max 80%) and for each living ally gain 40% defense (stacking).
    Post edited by TheChild_eats_eggs1 on
  • Simpler

Ok just reloaded the page now. I might subsitute something like that in as my unique

Or he could bring in a toon that's similar to b1 into the ally/6th slot.

acutally this
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited February 2021

Deal true damage increased by Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper's Critical Damage. Inflict health up for 1 turn and expose for 3 turns. This attack does not trigger exposes.

Gain Taunt for 2 turns (which cannot be prevented). All allies dispel all debuffs from themselves. Then, all allies gain Defense up for 4 turns, and heal by 10% of the healthiest (at the start of the battle) ally's health and protection.

All Imperial Remnant allies have +10% defense and +5% max health and protection if the leader is Moff Gideon. When an ally is defeated, gain 10% offense (stacking, max 80%) and for each living ally gain 40% defense (stacking).

Special synergy with gideon?

EDIT: my bad didn't see it at first. I was suggesting it but I see you've already did it
  • Imperial Remnant Stormtrooper:

Special synergy with gideon?

EDIT: my bad didn't see it at first. I was suggesting it but I see you've already did it

In my latest rework. My summon will be the E-Web. Unlike turret it can be destroyed. It has 100 speed with r8 Gideon or something but has stealth mechanics and deals seriously high damage.
  • Now for the easy one @ichiraikou and @sebek. I’m going to give Gideon a slight touch-up for this team.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Oops
  • Moff Gideon:
    Dark Side, Support (TAC/INT), Empire, Imperial Trooper, Imperial Remnant

OG kit

Basic omega: Disruptive shot
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain 1 stack of Insight, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. If Moff Gideon has at least 5 stacks of Insight, he gains the Special ability Subversive Volley. Insight stacks last until the end of the encounter.

Subversive Volley: Deal True damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. This attack can’t be evaded or resisted by enemies with the Leader tag and can critically hit against them. Moff Gideon loses all stacks of Insight and this ability is removed.

Special omega: Darksaber Lunge (cooldown 4)
    Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Armor Shred for the rest of the battle.

Special ZETA: Control the Situation (cooldown
    Call all Imperial Trooper allies to assist, dealing 30% less damage. All units lose 100% Turn Meter, which can't be resisted. Allies gain 25% Turn Meter. Tank allies Taunt for 2 turns, Attacker allies gain 50% Offense for 2 turns, and Support allies gain 100% Protection Up. If all allies are Imperial Remnant, the E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster is not summoned, and there is not an occupant of the ally slot, summon the E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster.

Leader ZETA:
    At the start of battle, if Moff Gideon has exactly one Dark Side Tank ally, two Dark Side Attacker allies, and one additional Dark Side Support ally, excluding summoned allies, all Dark Side allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection. If all allies are also Imperial Troopers:
    - Whenever an enemy with the Leader tag uses an ability, Imperial Trooper allies gain 10% Offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter
    - Whenever an enemy with the Leader tag takes a turn, Moff Gideon gains 1 stack of Insight
    - Imperial Trooper allies gain 40% Offense and revive with 50% Health and Protection the first time they are defeated each encounter
    If all allies are also Imperial Remnant:
    -They gain 40 speed
    -They gain +5% of all stats, doubled for their mastery increased stats.

Unique omega: Know your Adversaries
    At the start of Moff Gideon's first turn of each encounter, he inflicts Demoralized on all enemies (halved on raid bosses) until they are defeated, Moff Gideon is defeated, or the end of the encounter. Demoralized can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted. If all allies are Imperial Remnant, Moff Gideon cannot be targeted until two of his allies have died.

[Demoralized: -50% Offense, -25% Critical Chance, -25% Critical Damage; this does not stack with other debuffs.

Unique omega: E-Web Heavy Repeating Blaster

Dark Side, Attacker (AGI), Empire, Imperial Trooper, Imperial Remnant

Basic: Blast
    Deal 10x Special Damage to target enemy and dispel all defensive buffs on them.

Special: 20x Special Damage to random enemies and dispel all offensive buffs on them.

Unique: Hard to Control
    This unit can only be present if there are two or more other allies. It has a speed of 100, regardless of the summoner's stats. All Imperial Remnant units have a 40% chance to assist when the E-Web deals damage (limit once per turn).

Unique: Summoned
    This unit's stats scale with the summoner's stats. This unit can only be summoned to the ally slot if it's available. This unit can't be summoned in raids. This unit can't be revived. If an effect counts defeated units, this unit doesn't count. When there are no other allied combatants, this unit escapes from battle. A unit can't be revived if this summoned unit exists in their slot.
    Will look later, but why did you nerf Insight?

Did not. Subversive volley is better, so thought I should even it out a bit.
  • insight you put up 5 stacks? and I think that's ok but it says that gideon gains 1 stack whenever any enemy with the leader tag takes a turn i believe. he would be getting so much insight lol
    Sebek wrote: »

How?

True damage that can critically hit and cannot be evaded by enemies with the leader tag
  • insight you put up 5 stacks? and I think that's ok but it says that gideon gains 1 stack whenever any enemy with the leader tag takes a turn i believe. he would be getting so much insight lol

That was already there. And yes, see above post for reasoning on 5 stacks.

How?

True damage that can critically hit and cannot be evaded by enemies with the leader tag

Yes but True damage cannot crit

I'm bending the rules. It ignores defense and can only crit those with leader tags.

How?

I'm bending the rules. It ignores defense and can only crit those with leader tags.

that's a heck of a lot of damage. i thought instead of the e-web you would have the dark troopers be the summon. "Activate the dark troopers" is the name of the ability lol

How?

Eh, wouldn't it be better if it just would ignore defense but be Physical damage?

yeah physical or special but crits on leader tags and ignores defense on all

How?

Eh, wouldn't it be better if it just would ignore defense but be Physical damage?

yeah physical or special but crits on leader tags and ignores defense on all

Ok

How?

that's a heck of a lot of damage. i thought instead of the e-web you would have the dark troopers be the summon. "Activate the dark troopers" is the name of the ability lol

Nah Dark Trooper is an attacker.
  • For Gideon’s lead
  • I stopped thus cos it happened
  • Might do a scout trooper later