Ship reinforcement needs an update

Itsa_me_Malario
1308 posts Member
edited February 2021
CG you think the AI is smart enough for it to choose what to bring in as a reinforcement, but nope the ship AI is dumb as heck, it's literally the only reason why a 5 star Malevolence can beat a 7 star negotiator, make it so regardless of what's happening the capital ship brings in the first reinforcement then the 2nd then the 3rd and so on

Replies

• The game has never allowed the player to "pre-program" the AI on defense in either arena. There are reasons for this - the primary one is that CG wants players to be "active" on offense for their payouts, not allow good teams to hold on defense.

This has been requested many times - and is still completely unnecessary and opposed to the intended design.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It used to be this way, but it changed when they reimagined shops to start at 3 ships.

It's also a known order, tank, attack, support.

So you can theory craft what you want to happen, to some extent.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The game has never allowed the player to "pre-program" the AI on defense in either arena. There are reasons for this - the primary one is that CG wants players to be "active" on offense for their payouts, not allow good teams to hold on defense.

This has been requested many times - and is still completely unnecessary and opposed to the intended design.

It's not pre programming, it's simply setting up the line up, I'm not telling the AI who to attack, even though the AI will always make the same move over and over in every match.
    Fives always attacks vulture Droid, vulture then immediately takes a turn and drops a buzz saw droids on anakin and it is a set game match, since the AI will never bring plookon to dispel the debuffs and the first reinforcement is always clone Sargent, and thats basically why a 5 star Malevolence will always beat an r7 7 star negotiator.

It's not opposed to the intended design, as kyno has pointed out, that's how the game was set when it was 5vs5.

This is a strategy game correct? If I can't use my own strategy then what the heck is the point of it, its like saying here choose this team and between all the 5 people we will randomly select a leader. I should get to decide what are the reinforcement are going to be and in what order since it's all about the strategy
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The game has never allowed the player to "pre-program" the AI on defense in either arena. There are reasons for this - the primary one is that CG wants players to be "active" on offense for their payouts, not allow good teams to hold on defense.

It's not pre programming, it's simply setting up the line up, I'm not telling the AI who to attack, even though the AI will always make the same move over and over in every match.
    Fives always attacks vulture Droid, vulture then immediately takes a turn and drops a buzz saw droids on anakin and it is a set game match, since the AI will never bring plookon to dispel the debuffs and the first reinforcement is always clone Sargent, and thats basically why a 5 star Malevolence will always beat an r7 7 star negotiator.

It's not opposed to the intended design, as kyno has pointed out, that's how the game was set when it was 5vs5.

This is a strategy game correct? If I can't use my own strategy then what the heck is the point of it, its like saying here choose this team and between all the 5 people we will randomly select a leader. I should get to decide what are the reinforcement are going to be and in what order since it's all about the strategy

yes it is, but your team on defense doesn't use your strategy anyway, so setting up the order they come in doesn't change that. it is nothing like your leader analogy.

First off, as is typical for these forums, your leader analogy is not applicable. You choose your capital ship, which already IS, in essence, your leader.

Moving on to your "it's all about strategy" fallacy - it's not. And CG doesn't want it to be. Think about it - CG could make the AI (in either arena) far better than it is. It's mediocre (at best) by design. Nothing holds on defense - that's the design. Both arenas award active offensive participation. That's why nothing holds. They want you to play, they want you to climb and they DON'T want teams to hold on defense so no one has to do anything to collect crystals.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

First off, as is typical for these forums, your leader analogy is not applicable. You choose your capital ship, which already IS, in essence, your leader.

Moving on to your "it's all about strategy" fallacy - it's not. And CG doesn't want it to be. Think about it - CG could make the AI (in either arena) far better than it is. It's mediocre (at best) by design. Nothing holds on defense - that's the design. Both arenas award active offensive participation. That's why nothing holds. They want you to play, they want you to climb and they DON'T want teams to hold on defense so no one has to do anything to collect crystals.

I understand that, but still we all are trying to make our teams more difficult so we don't drop down so far to sub par teams

I understand that, but still we all are trying to make our teams more difficult so we don't drop down so far to sub par teams

I would suggest, that if they can win against higher star or higher relic teams, they are not "sub par".

Just one example - a g12+ Triumverate can under-team a full squad of relic Geos. Synergy and counter abilities often matter as much as star level and relic levels.

But again, even "better" teams lose on defense - by design.

I would suggest, that if they can win against higher star or higher relic teams, they are not "sub par".

Just one example - a g12+ Triumverate can under-team a full squad of relic Geos. Synergy and counter abilities often matter as much as star level and relic levels.

Yes but a 5 star traya would lose to a relic geo, where a 5 star Malevolence can beat negotiator at max star no problem

Yes but a 5 star traya would lose to a relic geo, where a 5 star Malevolence can beat negotiator at max star no problem

You continue to miss the point....and make poor analogies.

Nah bro, you continue to miss the point at this point, show me 2 character that are equal in power, fight each other except one at 5 star and the other at 7, guess who's gonna win?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Nah bro, you continue to miss the point at this point, show me 2 character that are equal in power, fight each other except one at 5 star and the other at 7, guess who's gonna win?

How are 1v1 battles/comparisons even relevant for fleet battles? You're missing the point.

.... But ok:
    5* Wat vs. 7* Wat. Tell me who's going to win.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I feel like the main problem with this, is that the player assumes his/her ships will be deployed in the order they are set.

The ideal solution would be for our reinforcements to re-arrange themselves on the screen, in the order they will actually be called up. BOOM no more confusion, and the average player can finally understand what's happening to their fleet defenses...

(a solution which leaves the mechanic intact... it's clearly there for a reason)
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    I feel like the main problem with this, is that the player assumes his/her ships will be deployed in the order they are set.

The ideal solution would be for our reinforcements to re-arrange themselves on the screen, in the order they will actually be called up. BOOM no more confusion, and the average player can finally understand what's happening to their fleet defenses...

(a solution which leaves the mechanic intact... it's clearly there for a reason)

What's the point, I already know who is the first reinforcement, except that reinforcement is completely unnecessary and actually causes the team to lose,

Here is what AI does every time, brings in the tank, then the dps, and everyone will be dead before support shows up.

This is the battle I have been doing for a year now, fives hits my vulture, vulture gains so much TM that he goes next and drops buzz droids on ani, nego calls mass assist, mal cleans hyena and hyena cleans sun fac with its basic, hyena drops buzz droids on everyone and targets anikan and 2 vultures attack and drop him to 20% hp, nego brings in (depending on the line up) clone Sargent/HT/Ywing/hans falcon, in the next 3 turn everyone that had the vulture dies one by one, and nego will bring in an attacker and die by itself.

Now here is how a nego vs mal works, hit sun fac with fives, sun fac will never use the stun ability and will just basic, nego calls mass assist on vulture, mal cleans hyena and sun fac, syena drops buzz droid on everyone, nego calls plo koon and game set match.

It's basic no matter what ur line up is, it's always the same fight over and over, it's predictable it's been like this for a year. No it's not because we don't have mods for ships, even with mods it will be the same battle, over and over and over.