question about arena snipers

Prev1
ObiJuanPollo
884 posts Member
edited November 2021
Just asking what the forum thinks on issue.
Post edited by ObiJuanPollo on

Replies

• Nothing you can do about people attacking you, whether it's unfair or not.
    2 choices...
    1 - appeal to their better nature (beg)
    2 - Man up, snipe the hell out of him until he behaves himself. Make sure he knows you will cost him (and anyone else who wants to attack you) crystals. That's all they really care about.
  • It's a crap move, but nit against the rules. I have a d-bag that is constantly knocking everyone out of number 1 in fleet. Waits until 5-7 minutes before payout then attacks. Its annoying as hell. And in fleet, there are no ally codes, so I cant even message him
  • Does he actually have friends though? I would definitely snipe him if you know his payout. Turn about is fairplay
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Fight back or just don't be bothered by it. I'm also knocked back daily and just find it hilarious to force people to be online spamming the refresh button and watching every move made
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If there is no shard chat, make one. It can be a great resource and group to discuss things in game.

Also, it's great to avoid people who are moving up to help everyone avoid extra refreshes.
    I'm not going to say you should do anything, but generally speaking, most people will not waste crystals just to reduce someone else. Even if he has a few others to move you around, if they are not doing it already, then he may just be blowing smoke.

I would suggest you plan as nice as possible and do what you do, make a chat, and if he hits you hit him back. If you make a chat and one of his "friends" makes it in I'm sure they will be cool with it. Its much easier to have friendly rules with everyone talking, and it's much better than making assumptions and letting someone blow smoke.
  • As i researched it, i guess i should refer to it as conspiracy which is illegal rather than collusion. So anyway, if multiple players are conspiring to take crystals (which have a monetary value) away from other players, is that illegal and should it be against the terms of the game?
    Well... good luck proving that. Even if that's the case, as long as they don't discuss it in the in game chat, there's nothing to do about it.
  • This conversation has been had on the forum dozens of times.

Calling it “illegal” is laughable. Please stop.

And it’s not against ToS either, unless they harass or abuse you via in game chat (most people have enough basic intelligence not to do this)

In either squad or fleet arena, every single person is entitled to hit who they like whenever they want to. And it’s not taking away crystals. You get paid crystals based on your position at your payout.

Quick questions:
    How do you know the guy that moved you 2-6’s payout time?
    And how do you know there’s only 2 people fighting for top slots at your new PO time?
    Did you contact the person you now share with to let them know you were changing payout time?

I think it’s highly unlikely there’s not already a shard chat.
  • Nothing illegal. As DarjeloSalas says, that's laughable.

Happens in sports (Formula One), politics (tactical voting) and many other walks of life.

Some sensible advice above. Don't be a victim, get stuck in and kick butt
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I disagree, this is an illegal activity. What is the intent of the person involved? It is intending to do harm, in this case take 200 crystals which do have a financial value (in game store). He also texted me in game chat that he had 2 co conspirators if i attempted to seek retribution. So that's the legal definition of conspiracy.
    Some aspects of the game have changed because of legal ramifications...odds on prize boxes. So perhaps building a legal case is more useful to influence change?

Take them to court then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Zanir wrote: »
    Btw, how do y'all message people about shard chat? I click on the ranked players in the leaderboard and the message option is greyed out, wth.

Look the name up on swgoh.gg and get the ally code from there

• I disagree, this is an illegal activity. What is the intent of the person involved? It is intending to do harm, in this case take 200 crystals which do have a financial value (in game store). He also texted me in game chat that he had 2 co conspirators if i attempted to seek retribution. So that's the legal definition of conspiracy.
    Some aspects of the game have changed because of legal ramifications...odds on prize boxes. So perhaps building a legal case is more useful to influence change?

I wish you the very best of luck with that. Do keep me advised how it goes.

Quick tip: he’s not “taking” anything. To earn those crystals you need to be in position 2 at your payout. You weren’t, so they were never your’s to be taken away by anybody.

I notice you didn’t answer any of my questions though.
  • How do you know there is no shard chat?

You'll never know it's there unless invited
  • I disagree, this is an illegal activity. What is the intent of the person involved? It is intending to do harm, in this case take 200 crystals which do have a financial value (in game store). He also texted me in game chat that he had 2 co conspirators if i attempted to seek retribution. So that's the legal definition of conspiracy.

I wish you the very best of luck with that. Do keep me advised how it goes.

Quick tip: he’s not “taking” anything. To earn those crystals you need to be in position 2 at your payout. You weren’t, so they were never your’s to be taken away by anybody.

I notice you didn’t answer any of my questions though.

Sorry, reread your questions. Before i moved my payout time i observed arena for a week and took screenshots to see when people moved up to take top 5. Before that there were 4 people active in my old payout. 2 people have been rotating top 2 forever so i was happy to take 3rd. There was a new guy who just got a GL SEE that decided to take over #3 everyday (wasnt in the top 10 before that). So i saw the opportunity to move and now take 2nd everyday, hasnt been a problem til this guy who i observed takes #1 at 11am(pacific time zone) decides to hang around the top 10 and snipe people from top 5 for the rest of the day. My payout is at 2pm.
    So yesterday i called him on it and asked him how'd he'd like me messing with his payout time. And he responded that he had at least 2 other people on his side who will make sure i never see top 5. So there's other people conspiring to keep other players out of the top 5, blocking people when it's past their payout. There is no shard chat
    1) that’s what we tell people who aren’t in our shard chat.

2) “how would you like it if I messed with your payout time?” Very diplomatic. This problem is at least partially of your own making.
  • lol not siding with anyone mate. I got (and still occaisionally get) sniped.

I'm not in the shard chat either
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    Wait what, legal action? About someone attacking you in a game? What would you even build the case upon?
    Just so you know, you're not entitled to keep your rank near your payout, it's not designed to be yours and yours alone. Players letting other players have the top payout is a courtesy, not mandatory - they're just as free to "snipe" you whenever they feel like it, for whatever reasons they may have.

There's no regulated difference between a rank 250 player attacking a rank 230 player near payout, and a rank 6 player attacking a rank 2 player near payout. It feels different because it affects your rewards in a noticeable way, but that's a you-thing. You really are allowed to attack whoever you want, whenever you want - it's a game, so stop comparing it to the real world.
  • You've had a bunch of fair and honest answers to your plight, which I guess you don't agree with.
    Out of idle curiosity @ObiJuanPollo - what are you going to do about it now?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress (IIED)

The tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress is committed when one engages in extreme and outrageous conduct that is intended to cause, and does in fact cause, severe mental anguish and distress in a victim. What constitutes “outrageous” conduct is determined by deciding whether a reasonable person of “ordinary sensibilities” would feel extreme distress under the circumstances. If the perpetrator knows, however, that the victim is a highly sensitive person, the standard for determining outrageousness is lowered. In order to recover damages in this type of case, the plaintiff must show physical manifestations of distress or some other non-psychological damage (such as loss of wages).

https://www.westernmarylandlawyers.com/intentional-harm-to-a-person-or-property/

Up to the judge to decide if losing Crystals at the last minute qualifies as "severe mental anguish and distress".
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    And please don’t lecture me about my behaviour - you know nothing about it.
    I know enough to not even try. 😝
    Jokes aside go and create a shard chat. After you've done that contact the sniper and tell him about it, either he wants to join or he has to deal with lots of organized people.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn