Conquest Launch [MEGA]

Replies

• Loving the new mode so far. A bit of strategy needed which is great and its been fun trying to use some lower teams in the early battles to save stamina for later with the big teams.

Great work on the new mode Devs.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Current feedback: Its great!
    1. Need a place where I can see my character's stats WITH the data disks applied.
    2. Need to see the enemy stats WITH their modifiers applied.
    3. What Raven said about the rewards, I agree with him.

Also, HUGE shout out to Crumb for going on CubsFanHan's Twitch stream and having a conversation with the community...this is a HUUUUUGE step in the right direction! Bravo CG, today is a great day!
  • Used my starting batch of energy up already.

Generally positive feelings for now :)

As others have said, it would be very nice if we could see enemy stats. Some counters only work if I go first. For Normal Sector 1, it doesn't matter (for me), but this could be a huge sticking point later.

My only other annoyance so far are the GC modifiers on the enemies. However, I think this is more than offset (so far) by my ability to customize my modifiers.

Good job, CG. I reserve the right to change this opinion later :P
  • HughZ
    4 posts Member
    I made this account just to post on this. I've been playing for a few months this is way too hard for me. Unfortunately I don't have any relic characters yet but getting close maybe a few months. Normal difficult says 1 mil gp at least and I am only able to get through the Phoenix Squad with 1 star with 1.3 mil GP. Why can't they make a lower tier. Or make a relic requirement in order to play Normal mode? Not trying to be whiny but unfortunately my toons arent too top heavy, a few gear 11s and and some journey characters that arent fully leveled.
  • When viewing the squads for particular nodes, it would be nice if we could get the unit stats like we do in GAC & TW when clicking on an opposing team. Since we have to use up energy on the battles, it would be nice to know if any opposing unit has any buffed up stats behind what you'd normally expect for their gear level.

I agree and have surfaced this to the team.
  • StarSon
    7406 posts Member
    Loving it. Plenty of QoL that could happen, but so far nothing that takes away from the experience.

Only real downside is the lack of variety in the teams I've faced. I haven't refreshed, so maybe it's per sector, but there are only 3 or 4 teams in my way. Though, maybe that's to try to get me to use the same counter every time?
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    There are some minor interface issues but the event itself looks very good so far. Eager to see how higher difficulties will work.

P.S. And yes, higher teams variety would be welcome.
  • 1st fight in and all my actions buttons went missing. I tried everything.
    wdr1vcu3p7ur.jpeg
    xdye3jthesi2.jpeg
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Looks like I'm missing feats in order to max tickets

@CG_Doja_Fett @CG_SBCrumb

unkkizreozs8.jpg

It seems to be a visual thing. I still need to do the TMR and 100K hit feat and they are greyed out.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

unkkizreozs8.jpg

I finally did find them - but the feat system is highly convoluted. There 3 different types of feats (event, boss battle and sector) - and they are in three different places and each one is laid out differently.

For the most part, the event is fun and well put together - but the feat layout...c'mon, at least try to make some of this stuff player friendly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 9.9 out of 10
    Just please remove stun gun and carbanti 4 from the final equipment draw.

A stun Gun 4 Any level 85 already has the challenge in the 3 stars and simulating and therefore no longer needs it or will not need it in a short period of time.
    Carbanti 4 is the same thing but it comes in tons at HAAT.

I know that praising CG games is usually unlucky, but all that's missing is for the event to be perfect, at least for players with more playing time.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    My only question so far is "Has anyone seen Razor Crest BPs in a scavenger, and if so, how much were they?"

As far as the event goes: Sector 1 was easy, but that was to be expected with a 4.5M roster with a GL.
    Boss fight's feats were interesting, and fun to actually get all 3 first try. (Was shocked it worked without relying on vader cheese for the turn feat)

Sector 2... While I won't have any issues, Sector 2 feels really wonky on scaling for people that would totally be able to do it. My first 2 battles that I was stuck with was G13 JKR and G13 Padme-led GAS with the reflection modifier active - The fights immediately after were stuff like Carth OR, Nute geos, etc. - It would kind of suck getting that with a significantly worse roster, where you're straight walled by the first fight in the sector despite being able to take the fights immediately after it.

Rewards: My biggest complaint is the fact potential stun guns DECREASE within the same difficulty rather than increase. Normal 3 has 3 stun gun boxes, Normal 7 has 2. - While I understand the concept for this, and it's something I actually think should be applied to other modes/rewards, I feel like MK5 stun guns in particular are just... too universally required, without enough sources, and that it would make more sense to make it a difference between normal/hard, rather than lower normal boxes and higher normal boxes.
    OTHER than that, they're actually really good, though a small amount of crystals added to hard mode to off-set the crystal cost of refreshes would be nice.

Personally, the event format overall is surprisingly perfect so far. Duration seems fine, rewards seem really good (could always be better, but hey, that's just true about everything.) and difficulty has been quite decent - Though I will say, Data Disks could probably use some re-balancing. Some of them are just plain better than others despite having the same cost and rarity. And provided they properly stack, the Leader stat% one seems just absurd once you start stacking 3-4 of them - A GL with +400%ish health and +80% speed is uh... yeah.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i love this game mode!
  • StarSon
    7406 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

unkkizreozs8.jpg

It seems to be a visual thing. I still need to do the TMR and 100K hit feat and they are greyed out.

The whole event is supposed to be random so there's no guarantee that those are the feats I have

I'm going to waste crystals trying to guess at feats.

It's new, we'd knew there would be kinks. I'm just making them aware of mine since I know others have the same problem

Actually, I don't think they said the whole thing is random. I am pretty positive that the feats are the same for everyone, as are the boss nodes. Only the nodes leading up to the boss nodes are random.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    One issue i have is when trying to view data disk abilities from the inventory

So i have 7/12 Data Disks equipped, and 5 data disks unequipped

I'm trying to view those 5 data disks to see which one i want to equip but it straight up equips the data disk instead of letting me view what each one does
  • 2nd fight in and just done with this already. Tried 4 teams, but Canderous just spent about 5 minutes attacking till my team has about 140 dots each so that as soon as I get a turn, they're dead. **** this ****!
  • So overall I am loving this so far but my critical comments are:
    Feats - These don't seem to be laid out well with multiple places to check
    Roster - It would be great to be able to check my roster without having to go into a battle screen to check it for stamina etc
    But these are minor really and just an initial reaction.
    The real test will be how I feel in 7 days from now.
    Definitely a good start though
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

unkkizreozs8.jpg

The whole event is supposed to be random so there's no guarantee that those are the feats I have

I'm going to waste crystals trying to guess at feats.

It's new, we'd knew there would be kinks. I'm just making them aware of mine since I know others have the same problem

Actually, I don't think they said the whole thing is random. I am pretty positive that the feats are the same for everyone, as are the boss nodes. Only the nodes leading up to the boss nodes are random.

Funny, I thought they weren't random
    lzoup4vz0i7i.jpg

They aren't. You have the same feats as me and everyone else.
  • GR1303
    22 posts Member
    Question: do disk effects add or stack?

Example: my GG has 130,000 health. I have a +44% max health and a +66% max health for leader. If the disks add, then he has +110% health for 273,000 health. If he got stacking (130,000 *1.44 = 187,200 then *1.66 = 310,752), it's about 40,000 health higher.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    GR1303 wrote: »

Example: my GG has 130,000 health. I have a +44% max health and a +66% max health for leader. If the disks add, then he has +110% health for 273,000 health. If he got stacking (130,000 *1.44 = 187,200 then *1.66 = 310,752), it's about 40,000 health higher.

Crumb stated on Cubs stream today that Data Disks, in fact, stack.

We need a spot to see our toons stats with the data disks applied.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    I like the event but disappointed crystals can be used. Just another win for the whales.

Also, this game does not respect my time. Too much to do in game and life is too busy. Let us SIM battles we've previously 3* for the daily events.
  • GR1303 wrote: »

Percent stacks have been additive forever in every game mode. So I doubt it's *1.44 and *1.66. It's almost certainly *(1+0.44+0.66).

Simple way to test, take Hoda in and use his basic.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Some of the boss feats aren't doable if you are too strong...
  • TheGamingGeek
    75 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    It's way too difficult for me even though I'm at 3mil gp. You cant even get one chest for completing sector 1, the rewards are too minuscule for how much time you need to put in, it costs too much conquest energy to play one battle, the modifiers are waaay too good for the enemy teams for example I can't even beat a g12 clone team with shaak ti because the modifier on the battle reflects 100% of the damage I do to them and is increased by 10% every time, I tried to use a relic 4 grievous with some bad separatist which is the best separatist team I have and died within 30 seconds (that team usually nukes a lot of stuff for me). I have really no counters to the enemy teams so I have to use my best characters which I have only 5 of and when I use them up I have no way of progressing. The data discs aren't good enough to actually make a difference when you start out in sector 1 with one or two dot discs. And there should be more razor crest shards in the crates and then add those to the early crates so everyone can get at least a few shards for this new ship. All in all, this game mode is too hard for people who aren't whales or kraken's and doesn't give you good enough rewards. Also the gear you can buy from the jawas is good but there should be carbanti's and stun guns (in the same quantity as the other gear).
  • First impressions - love it. Top job!
  • DarthAndy
    105 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    8xm5ue9a0ndc.jpg
    Is this bugged?

Used jkl lead, got 10 hits in (13 actually) before they moved and killed em all before they took a turn.
    No pop up and no keycards, but the feat text disappeared
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    DarthAndy wrote: »
    8xm5ue9a0ndc.jpg
    Is this bugged?

Used jkl lead, got 10 hits in (13 actually) before they moved and killed em all before they took a turn.
    No pop up and no keycards, but the feat text disappeared

Coming out of Stun counts as a turn. They gain 100% turn meter, reach their turn, can't take an action as Stun prevents it, Stun is dispelled.

They still get a turn, but can't do anything with it.