Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    QOL idea - in the naming of future events, please avoid using anything even remotely close to "G" or "C".
    I'm with you on this. "Conquest" was nearly "Galactic Conquest" and a few of us were like, "uh, that's a no from me, dawg."

lol thank you. that would've been miserable.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • I know this isn't the right place, but if there's anywhere Doja'll see it, it's here--

I love the calendar format this month! It's so much easier to read having all the event types sorted like that! Please keep doing this forever. My one suggestion to improve it is to move the Mythic event to the top since there's only one of those per month and it has about the same number of letters as Omega, Mythic, and Assault so it can be hard to find on a quick skim.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    How do the developers feel about the meta using Jedi Knight Revan lead for Jedi Master Luke Skywalker over his own lead?
  • Lots of good comments on here. Please make sure to review them. One thing I'd love to do is revisit all the characters you've released so far and update either their tags or some of their abilities. For example:

Visas Marr: Old Republic tag and possibly Jedi tag (She helped rebuild the jedi order and was a jedi after KOTOR II)

Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum: Rebel Fighter tag and possibly phoenix tag (though she wasn't OFFICIALLY a member of the squadron, she was a regular on the show enough and had ties to the gang)

Echo: You mentioned in the past that his basic ability was a relic of an old kit design for GAS, but because you changed his kit, you'd eventually rework his basic ability to make more sense with a GAS team. I'd be fine just getting rid of the critical damage part and adding something like 15% more damage. Just right now, the omega is useless.

On another note, I think that more love for the new mandalorian faction would be great. Reworking kits to have some small mando synergy would be great, could be something similar to how imperial troopers or the phoenix work where they have communal unique abilities.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    How do the developers feel about the meta using Jedi Knight Revan lead for Jedi Master Luke Skywalker over his own lead?

As a KOTOR enthusiast I love it. But from the game's balance point of view it's hilarious.
  • On another note, I think that more love for the new mandalorian faction would be great. Reworking kits to have some small mando synergy would be great, could be something similar to how imperial troopers or the phoenix work where they have communal unique abilities.
    This. I still think that after Conquest is done and all figured out by CG we will start getting our Mando S2 toons. Probably in the next 2 months or so would be my guess.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    On another note, I think that more love for the new mandalorian faction would be great. Reworking kits to have some small mando synergy would be great, could be something similar to how imperial troopers or the phoenix work where they have communal unique abilities.
    This. I still think that after Conquest is done and all figured out by CG we will start getting our Mando S2 toons. Probably in the next 2 months or so would be my guess.

It's all set for a Mando legendary. I am expecting one (probably Bo-Katan) right around the time when Armorer gets to a node.
  • Nauros wrote: »

It's all set for a Mando legendary. I am expecting one (probably Bo-Katan) right around the time when Armorer gets to a node.

Possibly spear mando
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Possibly spear mando

I don't think so. Mando will imo follow the "hero" template like Luke - normal farm (Farmboy, OG Mando), journey (CLS, Beskar Mando), journey continued (JKL, spear Mando), GL (JML, whatever the final Mando will be. Maybe Mandalore?).
  • I think we should get a game mode where we can play through the movies and TV shows, with the difficulty scaling off Galactic Power. I know I’ve seen ideas for the actual phases before on the forums.
  • Vengence
    1102 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I’d like to see

1) More engagement/communication on how you are fixing issues that are affecting players (freezes/bugs/rewards) simply stating that we are aware and working on it doesn’t stop the frustration of players (like myself) who couldn’t get through a round of GAC without having frozen battles or lost TB/Arena battles costing resources and losing out on further resources.

2) Sorting Relic’d characters properly when selecting gear tier (7 is higher than 6)

3) Love the acknowledgment of players doing cool things (the general) more of this please

4) Ship Squads presets like we have with characters

5) Plans to finish ships BH capital ship? Maybe something Hondo stole?

6) less complication on game modes Galactic Conquest is cool and I do love it but 3 separate spots for feats and data disks? Why not just a grand fleet list?

7) ship raid? Wasn’t that a thing?

8) better in game tools for GL and officers split TB scores by zone/Squads/ships

9) allow us to view the data disks without selecting them perhaps applying them in the same way you would mods
    Post edited by Vengence on
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Vengence wrote: »
    I’d like to see

1) More engagement/communication on how you are fixing issues that are affecting players (freezes/bugs/rewards) simply stating that we are aware and working on it doesn’t stop the frustration of players (like myself) who couldn’t get through a round of GAC without having frozen battles or lost TB/Arena battles costing resources and losing out on further resources.

So you want them to say they are aware, work on it, and.....what else exactly?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

• Is there a time limit for animation length, just wondering if someone knows before hand how long to make an ability last before designing it. The artwork and design is GREAT.
  • Hello Holotable Heroes,

As I've been working on a plan for broader community engagement, I've also been considering visiting topics of interest that you, the players, would like to hear more about.

While this seems like the perfect opportunity for trolls to really let it fly on this thread (it's the internet, I get it), let me be more specific by adding the caveat that I am not asking for a list of currently-known, hot-button issues. I am very familiar with the sentiment surrounding those issues, and have done my part to communicate your feelings.

What I'm asking for are any topics of interest that need more explanation (such as a dev breakdown on certain game mechanics -- similar to the Scrybe video breakdown), might be fun to talk about ( for example, some of your favorite Galactic Challenges and what made them enjoyable), or a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

So, let's hear it. Feel free to include reasons you think it's fun or valuable for the community to explore your suggested topic.
    Hello Holotable Heroes,

As I've been working on a plan for broader community engagement, I've also been considering visiting topics of interest that you, the players, would like to hear more about.

While this seems like the perfect opportunity for trolls to really let it fly on this thread (it's the internet, I get it), let me be more specific by adding the caveat that I am not asking for a list of currently-known, hot-button issues. I am very familiar with the sentiment surrounding those issues, and have done my part to communicate your feelings.

What I'm asking for are any topics of interest that need more explanation (such as a dev breakdown on certain game mechanics -- similar to the Scrybe video breakdown), might be fun to talk about ( for example, some of your favorite Galactic Challenges and what made them enjoyable), or a behind the scenes look at older features/content (I plan on one day telling the story about staying at the studio until 4am to work on the STR mere days before its release).

So, let's hear it. Feel free to include reasons you think it's fun or valuable for the community to explore your suggested topic.

• Any updates on the new Q&A format? I don't want to be that person who is like "omg it's been almost a month gimme the Q&A already!!!" but...it has almost been a month since Doja said he expects it to come within a month, so it'd be nice to hear if it's still on track!
  • Any updates on the new Q&A format? I don't want to be that person who is like "omg it's been almost a month gimme the Q&A already!!!" but...it has almost been a month since Doja said he expects it to come within a month, so it'd be nice to hear if it's still on track!

@CG_Doja_Fett

I was hoping you'd see this without me having to ping you, but I think all of us would appreciate any more information you could give us (if there is anything you can say at this time)!
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    I suppose this is more of a feature request, but since it seems unlikely we will ever get good tools for managing TB as officers would t be possible to allow over deployment in the ships zone?

Simply put when a third of the guild never got to deploy ships before they were full its a royal pain trying to figure out who has remaining squad deployment. Looking at a list of players all over 6 million GP and seeing total deployment at 3 million leaves you wondering, did they deploy ships and do their combat missions but no squad deployment? or did they do everything on the squad side but miss out on the fleet side?

Sure i can go to swgoh.gg pull their profile and do the math, but at a glance i cant tell who did what. at least if we could over deploy ships i could see who still had something to do and get them to hopefully do it.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    I wonder why none of the Inquisitors made it into the game. I would like the Grand Inquisitor or any of the brothers/sisters
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    zatho wrote: »
    I wonder why none of the Inquisitors made it into the game. I would like the Grand Inquisitor or any of the brothers/sisters

Maybe they are saving them for when the Kenobi show and/or Fallen Order sequel comes out? It would make sense for the Inquisitors to show up there.
  • Do you think we could ever get a Inquisitor, I have been playing for a while and I think it would be nice to add an Inquisitor branch with Grand Inquisitor (lead/support), Second Sister (attacker), Eighth Brother (attacker), Fifth Brother (tank), Seventh Sister (support). Where there is a raid to get one of them, and a journey guild for Grand Inquisitor. Or something like this.
    This is coming from a kids perspective, I have read/seen everything about Star Wars. I know a lot of people don't care, but I have been hoping for a long time to see Inquisitors in SWGOH. I know there could be legal trouble, but there wont be any from me.
    If you could just consider putting in these characters, I think it would make the game more interesting and fun.
  • When will the Gungans (Jar Jar – Captain Tarpals – Big Boss Nass – Gungan Warrior etc.) be introduced in the game? They deserve to be in the game and the respect that comes along with it.
    SWGOH is a awesome game with both actual real star wars characters as fake star wars characters. Because the Gungans play a major role in the prequels and are real character, they should become part of this amazing game.
    I hope they will be realized soon! Thank you in advanced for the reaction!
  • I would like to know why there is no Resistance assault battle even though the faction was introduced years ago and obviously there's no Mando or Imp Remnant assaults yet either but they are very new factions
  • After the introduction of the "complete a feat at a higher level and gain the feats for the easier tiers mechanic" in Galactic Challenges why has a similar mechanic not been introduced for assault battles so if you complete a tier all easier tiers rewards would be granted without have to run multiple battles, as this would be a major QoL improvement and help with the time sink that assault battles are
  • Do you think we could ever get a Inquisitor, I have been playing for a while and I think it would be nice to add an Inquisitor branch with Grand Inquisitor (lead/support), Second Sister (attacker), Eighth Brother (attacker), Fifth Brother (tank), Seventh Sister (support). Where there is a raid to get one of them, and a journey guild for Grand Inquisitor. Or something like this.
    This is coming from a kids perspective, I have read/seen everything about Star Wars. I know a lot of people don't care, but I have been hoping for a long time to see Inquisitors in SWGOH. I know there could be legal trouble, but there wont be any from me.
    If you could just consider putting in these characters, I think it would make the game more interesting and fun.

I personally would really like to see the Inquisitors make their way into the game. While I don't know if that will ever happen, we can always keep signaling our interest and hope for the best!
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    now that JKL has been out for almost a year, can we please get the iconic Red 5? It's surprising that it's taken you this long to add the ship that blewup the Death Star
    Post edited by Magruffin on
  • When will the Gungans (Jar Jar – Captain Tarpals – Big Boss Nass – Gungan Warrior etc.) be introduced in the game? They deserve to be in the game and the respect that comes along with it.
    SWGOH is a awesome game with both actual real star wars characters as fake star wars characters. Because the Gungans play a major role in the prequels and are real character, they should become part of this amazing game.

Similar to my response above regarding Inquisitors, I don't know. But, it seems to make sense that a Gungan faction could be introduced.

The other day I mentioned on Discord one of the things I really like about GoH and Star Wars in general is how interesting and dynamic the universe George Lucas created all those years ago is. It pulls us in and sparks our imagination in different ways, providing each of us with our favorite characters, locations, ships and tales. Because it's so large though, it's difficult to touch on every aspect of the stories.

Who knows where things will go from here? But, if there's something you're especially passionate about, I encourage you to keep pushing for it and making your voice heard.

Similar to my response above regarding Inquisitors, I don't know. But, it seems to make sense that a Gungan faction could be introduced.

The other day I mentioned on Discord one of the things I really like about GoH and Star Wars in general is how interesting and dynamic the universe George Lucas created all those years ago is. It pulls us in and sparks our imagination in different ways, providing each of us with our favorite characters, locations, ships and tales. Because it's so large though, it's difficult to touch on every aspect of the stories.

Who knows where things will go from here? But, if there's something you're especially passionate about, I encourage you to keep pushing for it and making your voice heard.

Two Words: Hondo Ohnaka

Other words: This is a character we have been calling for, even longer than for a Mace Windu rework. We are a patient group of Hondo fans, but he is the only character that is not in the game that has been in multiple series, and IS REPRESENTED AT GALAXY'S EDGE! Why he is not with us in our game is depressing.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe CG said at some point they did not plan to add any characters from seasons 1 and 2 of Rebels, which is why we never got any inquisitors, or blaster-saber Ezra, etc. I would assume they moved on from that at this point anyways, but I think that's why it never originally happened.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
This discussion has been closed.