Kit Reveal: Dark Trooper

Replies

• Can JKL kill them all alone?
    Otherwise it will not be very accurate LOL
  • Dark Trooper is basically another B1.

Which is great! Don't get me wrong.
  • So, Dark Trooper Squad is basically acting in a similar way to Droid Battalion, but as more of a character than as an army. That's cool; Droid Battalion is a pretty nifty mechanic.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    Everything about is phenomenal because the Empire is phenomenal.
    As i'm only allowed to give you one like on that comment please feel free to imagine the other 9.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Everything about is phenomenal because the Empire is phenomenal.
    As i'm only allowed to give you one like on that comment please feel free to imagine the other 9.

Likes like stacks of Dark Trooper Squad
    And here's your next like.
    I can't wait to lay my fingers on this bad boy, the Empire and their Troopers are my most beloved Faction in the whole game!
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Need gungan squad next
  • wow this kit almost makes a completely new squad all we need is some more touch ups to stormtrooper and some synergy with off Gideon lead and of course incenerator trooper
  • maybe dr. Pershing and the other guy who Mando collects the beskar from
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Makaidos wrote: »
    Scout Trooper when?

Now this man was paying attention.
  • Okay, so here's something:
    Dark Trooper might be more potent in a Grievous squad than a Gideon squad b/c the way that GG steals health from other droids. Although... that makes b-1's Battalion stacks less potent (since he regenerates 1 per Separatist ally on AoE & this would replace one separatist ally). May not end up being true, but it's definitely something to think about.

Dark Trooper... can't be defeated or destroyed while it has more than one stack of Dark Trooper Squad.

Having the same question as other posters: How does this interact with Nihilus as an opposing character?

Even more important, how does this interact with Raid Bosses who possess a "destroy" attack?
    Dark Trooper might be more potent in a Grievous squad than a Gideon squad b/c the way that GG steals health from other droids. Although... that makes b-1's Battalion stacks less potent (since he regenerates 1 per Separatist ally on AoE & this would replace one separatist ally). May not end up being true, but it's definitely something to think about.

Dark Trooper... can't be defeated or destroyed while it has more than one stack of Dark Trooper Squad.

Having the same question as other posters: How does this interact with Nihilus as an opposing character?

Even more important, how does this interact with Raid Bosses who possess a "destroy" attack?
    dont quote me on this but I think that no matter what he will get back to full health and protection
  • Wondering if Scout Trooper will round out the Imperial Remnant tag. Make him support and Gideon’s leadership is complete. Maybe they do a touch up to it to add bonuses for remnants.
  • Nice Animations
    I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • I think if they added scout trooper as a playable character they would have the imperial remnant tag then that would be a complete squad of imperial remnant characters.
  • Kiyote
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Coriantum wrote: »
    I'll just say one thing.
    Krennic lack IT tag.

Exactly, when are we going to get that change finally
  • Krennic should never have the "Trooper" tag. Never.

It might be convenient to give him the tag, but he's a non-combat officer. There are alternate ways of handling the situation. Give him a rework of his leadership - keep it whatever you like for general Empire lead, then give him an additional ability if he's got 4 ITs with him.

Maybe also give him a defensive bonus when he's with ITs: When ever he takes damage every IT gains Taunt until the next time it takes damage, so you have to use an AoE to wipe out all the taunts or plink each one before directly attacking Krennic again.

That's enough.
  • Krennic should never have the "Trooper" tag. Never.

It might be convenient to give him the tag, but he's a non-combat officer. There are alternate ways of handling the situation. Give him a rework of his leadership - keep it whatever you like for general Empire lead, then give him an additional ability if he's got 4 ITs with him.

Maybe also give him a defensive bonus when he's with ITs: When ever he takes damage every IT gains Taunt until the next time it takes damage, so you have to use an AoE to wipe out all the taunts or plink each one before directly attacking Krennic again.

That's enough.

Funny thing is, there was a whole thread about someone wanting krennic with IT tag.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Anyone else think the new background means another journey or confrontation?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Anyone else think the new background means another journey or confrontation?

Nope.

To answer, it’s unique ability states that it cannot be defeated by destroy effects. Darth Nihilus’ annihilate and The Mandalorian’s disintegrate are considered destroy effects, meaning that if Dark Trooper has at least two stacks of Dark Trooper Squadron, it will lose one stack instead of being defeated, as it can only be defeated when it loses all stacks of Dark Trooper Squadron.
  • AngryBirdsPlushNest
    46 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Dark Trooper is basiclly if B1 And Death Trooper Had A Mechanical baby. it sounds so stupid, but he is gonna be Badass in the game. And let's be honest: Moff Gideon Synergy is nice :smiley:
  • Zanir wrote: »
    Everything about this is phenomenal because the Empire is phenomenal.

Everything about Cambodia's capital is Phnom-enal

• So am I missing it or is there no way to regen stacks for Dark Trooper? B1 gains stacks from other Sep allies, so I assume DT has a way to do it to but I've read through the kit and I must have missed it unless you simply can't regen stacks.

I understand it isn't the same since B1 has the one health point caveat, but at 25% of a normal units health/protection that means it would be awful easy to wipe out stacks of Dark Trooper since every reliced attacker worth their weight in salt is hitting for 100k nowadays. Even the tankiest units at a normal level of 100k health and say 125k protection only has 56,250k combined at 25%, which even Darth Sidious can do that kind of damage.

Let me know if I'm just misreading this or what you think about the whole thing
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    iaghtypqywei.jpeg
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • @ HK Factory:

The problem is that every other toon that is immune to destroy effects is still subject to destroy effects that come from raid bosses.

So does this follow the pattern of every other toon that says that they're immune to destroy effects, or is it the only toon in the game not subject to destroy effects from raid bosses? That would be a major departure, so... who knows?

I wish CG had put in a note, given that they didn't specify it seems to include raid-boss destroy effects, but given the prior history of how that immunity has applied in the past this would be a huge departure in game design.

It's an area where extra clarity would be better, even if it added to the word count.