Kit Reveal: Dark Trooper

13Next

Replies

• So am I missing it or is there no way to regen stacks for Dark Trooper? B1 gains stacks from other Sep allies, so I assume DT has a way to do it to but I've read through the kit and I must have missed it unless you simply can't regen stacks.

I understand it isn't the same since B1 has the one health point caveat, but at 25% of a normal units health/protection that means it would be awful easy to wipe out stacks of Dark Trooper since every reliced attacker worth their weight in salt is hitting for 100k nowadays. Even the tankiest units at a normal level of 100k health and say 125k protection only has 56,250k combined at 25%, which even Darth Sidious can do that kind of damage.

Let me know if I'm just misreading this or what you think about the whole thing

Kisakee answered your primary question, but I think you are severely underestimating how effective the combined damage mitigation from Gideon and Stormtrooper will be, plus they are going to be gaining bonus protection from Stormtrooper’s zeta every turn.

(While I could be wrong, and we won’t know until it is in the wild how the stacks interact - From the way it is worded, I believe the bonus protection from stormtrooper will be based on 100% of dark troopers health if it is working as written...)
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    From the Developer Insight you also could read that DaT will start with 25% of it's max Health and Protection and that you can heal it to max in the process. The wording is a bit vague and until we see the event nohing is set in stone.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    9klyeax3ayip.png

They kidnapped Grogu as well.
  • Krennic should never have the "Trooper" tag. Never.

It might be convenient to give him the tag, but he's a non-combat officer. There are alternate ways of handling the situation. Give him a rework of his leadership - keep it whatever you like for general Empire lead, then give him an additional ability if he's got 4 ITs with him.

Maybe also give him a defensive bonus when he's with ITs: When ever he takes damage every IT gains Taunt until the next time it takes damage, so you have to use an AoE to wipe out all the taunts or plink each one before directly attacking Krennic again.

That's enough.

Hmm, Piett isn't a combat officier.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    From the Developer Insight you also could read that DaT will start with 25% of it's max Health and Protection and that you can heal it to max in the process. The wording is a bit vague and until we see the event nohing is set in stone.

No, it's pretty clear. The unit has X health and X protection, the "total" health for each 'stack' is 1/4 of X.

Each time you "kill the stack" it reloads to 1/4 of X and deducts 1 total existing stack.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »

No, it's pretty clear. The unit has X health and X protection, the "total" health for each 'stack' is 1/4 of X.

Each time you "kill the stack" it reloads to 1/4 of X and deducts 1 total existing stack.

That's what most likely will happen but their wording is bad, reading the Kit Reveal and the Developer Insight can confuse some people.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Hmm, Piett isn't a combat officier.

I get what you're saying, but there's a big difference between commanding a warship and commanding a research & development department.
  • Let’s not forget that even though dark trooper has 25% of it’s base Max health and protection, it still can’t be critically hit, and gains 25% defense per stack of dark trooper squadron.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Let’s not forget that even though dark trooper has 25% of it’s base Max health and protection, it still can’t be critically hit, and gains 25% defense per stack of dark trooper squadron.

If only he could get taunt...

EDIT: well I guess he could just get marked by piett
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Let’s not forget that even though dark trooper has 25% of it’s base Max health and protection, it still can’t be critically hit, and gains 25% defense per stack of dark trooper squadron.

It's 25 right, not 25%? It has 446 armor at G13 before mods, so that is a pretty huge difference.
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited March 2021

It's 25 right, not 25%? It has 446 armor at G13 before mods, so that is a pretty huge difference.

Right, my mistake.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

@Bulldog1205 it is 25, not %.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Pneumatic Punch: cy ber punches with the power of kicks!

He is Kickpuncher!
    EssentialGrimAmmonite-size_restricted.gif
    tumblr_m275vaCjzu1r8lvi5o1_400.gifv

edit: cy ber is a bad word?
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    ****?
    EDIT: huh i guess it is
    EDIT 2:Maybe not...
  • Coriantum
    44 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Hmm, Piett isn't a combat officier.

I get what you're saying, but there's a big difference between commanding a warship and commanding a research & development department.

Hmm, seems he also command black ops not only his R&D
  • Why wasn’t Shoretrooper included as a remnant imperial? Episode 7 of Season 2 shows them clearly as part of the base personnel. Same could be said for Tie Fighter Pilot.
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    IronCross wrote: »
    Why wasn’t Shoretrooper included as a remnant imperial? Episode 7 of Season 2 shows them clearly as part of the base personnel. Same could be said for Tie Fighter Pilot.

ikr!? Maybe they are waiting because they're adding shoretrooper with tray :D
  • Hey, Crumb, if you see this, I have a question.

what are the legal reasons that you will never use a fan-submitted character design? I know that this is a thing, but I would like you to list the reasons, as I can't find them.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    @Elrohir

I don't know about CG in particular, but legally other companies and artists have gotten into trouble by releasing a song or book or other work after a fan submission that ended up being something like what got released.

Although there are legit idea pirates, it's also possible that you had something you were working on that is something like a submission you get before the character is ready to release. Or you can get a submission, read it, forget all about it, and then have an employee who never read the original submission come up with something like what was submitted.

The truth is that it's incredibly hard to determine when someone is partially responsible for the creative work. So if someone who sends something in notices one or more of their ideas in something CG releases later, they can file a lawsuit and with a decent lawyer get it past an initial motion to dismiss. At that point, even if CG wins, they're likely out of lot of legal fees + some employee time spent in depositions, etc.

Since other companies & artists have been sued like this in the past, it's probable that this has something to do with their decision.

Again, though, I don't work for CG or EA, I don't know anyone that works for them, and the only time I've knowingly met someone who works for them was at legal talks on Intellectual Property and legal mixers/fundraisers in Vancouver, BC. I have no actual knowledge of any of them, much less their specific thought processes on this issue.

However, if I were advising a game company thinking about taking user submissions, I would certainly worry about intellectual property and so-called equitable rights or equitable interests in a creative work.

It's funny, because I've actually proposed abilities that later showed up in SWGOH. I probably could have sued, but just being able to get my foot in the courtroom door doesn't mean I would deserve to win or deserve any money. The reason I didn't sue is up to the fact that I'm a decent person more interested in creating a good game than in telling everyone "I invented that!" or in getting money off someone else's work. But not everyone is a decent person, and not everyone is more interested in seeing SWGOH develop in positive directions than they are in self-promotion.

So, yeah. Regardless of exactly why CG made the decision, I think that given the inherent difficulty in tracing the ownership of an idea it's probably wise of them to have come down as they did.
  • Elrohir wrote: »
    Hey, Crumb, if you see this, I have a question.

what are the legal reasons that you will never use a fan-submitted character design? I know that this is a thing, but I would like you to list the reasons, as I can't find them.

Because they're horrible?
  • @MasterSeedy
    it isn't that I submitted a design, I'd just rather people stop constantly putting up designs for Fallen Anakin and Master Kenobi on the subreddit, as it robs us of potential
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Elrohir wrote: »

idk coldsteel the hedgehog seems like a great character
  • DarthVenomis
    473 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Ultra wrote: »
    Elrohir wrote: »

idk coldsteel the hedgehog seems like a great character

Carbonite Han
  • Elrohir wrote: »

Same reason why we can’t ever have Porkins!
  • DonPuto
    371 posts Member
    Porkins for life!!l5uwisal1nia.jpg