Upcoming Changes To The Pit Challenge Tier [MEGA]

Replies

• Checked with devs. Here's the breakdown:

2% Health lost this battle = 20% total stat increase
    4% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% = 60% total stat increase
    6% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% = 120% total stat increase
    8% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% = 200% total stat increase
    10% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% + 100% = 300% total stat increase

oof
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    For each 2% Health lost this battle, this unit gains 20% Offense and Speed (stacking). These bonuses increase by an additional 20% each time.

So its 40% increased offense and speed every 2% damage dealt?? 20% and the additional 20%=40%, am I reading this wrong?

Edit: Saw Doja's post....oof. I Will wait to see it in action before judging, but this seems a little high.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Iy4oy4s he posted the same time as you, see above.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    I may have been a bit premature with my post. My main hope was that people would no longer be able to mess up the runs of others by premature posting, which the update covers.

I agree, the premature posting change is fantastic

Removing global thresholds and replacing with each run instance threshold is a very positive move, threshold limits however, is eh
  • Well the changes make sense. What other changes could they possibly make to remove the "must attack at same time" thing that would still keep the raid behind a paywall that only whale guilds can beat? Nothing. This was the only solution.

Quite frankly I'm glad with my nearly 7m GP multi-GL roster I'll be able to ditch my dolphin guild of 3 years and join a whale guild that will be able to complete the raid. All others, spend harder I guess.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    good god. congratulations most guilds, you can now do whatever you want in Rancor since you won't complete it anyway--there are no real mechanics the boss just murders you. Guess the whole raid now is just gonna be like throwing babies at a brick wall. Fun!
  • I mean I am glad they updated to just that specific run which is huge. The only thing that worry’s me is how fast it ramps up maybe that should be 5% but maybe I am wrong and will eat my own words. The only thing that still needs a huge change is the rewards.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    For each 2% Health lost this battle, this unit gains 20% Offense and Speed (stacking). These bonuses increase by an additional 20% each time.

Wasn't expecting a 2% threshold, i guess the intention is that each member contributes at least 2% per run, resulting in 100% (50x2) makes mercing more of a pain though

2% is only where you start to see it. Planning, team comp, development, and as always RNG can get you past that point in a run.

Also, now you can make as many tries as you want for an ideal run....

I know kyno, my point is that the raid rewards are pretty bad with respect to aeromagnifiers but you could've solved the uneven distribution with posting larger scores per run by splitting the guild in half

I don't want multiple runs for top score for aeromagnifier

its basically a r5 roster check to get most aeromagnifiers now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnQ_mp9TzZY
  • I'm fine with this solution. That mechanic was crippling for us. we could barely get ppl together for a p1 clear. and ppl posting early meant practicing on p2 was difficult too.
  • BPRDHB
    23 posts Member
    I think someone on your design team has dyslexia and put "2%" instead of "5%".
  • My best guess is good runs with strong teams top out between 4 to 6%. Mediocre teams are probable 2 to 4%. Basically, if your guild was mercing to spread out rewards, or using heavy hitters, my threshold guess is about 20 players hitting 5% per phase. For a roster with 4 GL's, this should be easy. It will be a lot harder for small merc bands to carry a raid though it seems.

Also, agree with everyone else that the rewards on the aero's should be flattened. Make the "reward curve" with gear or currency, but flatten the aero's.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • m0rality
    167 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I am not sure how this would play out. However after being a player in the game for 4 years, going through each raid at launch, and helping dozens of guilds through HSTR via the HSTR Project, I can say without a doubt that CPIT was an absolutely miserable gaming experience.

This never should have been introduced to the community. Under no circumstances did any player in the game enjoy juggling spreadsheets, bots, airplane mode and multiple devices for 1+ hours every single week.

Caden Skywalker
    Planet Coruscant
    Post edited by m0rality on
  • One big problem created by this change is the same as in the original pit run... It is far easier to do damage in P1 vs the other 4 phases... It will also likely be easier to put up solid numbers in P2/P3 then in P4.

It will just be a different headache for some Guild Leaders to police....
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Seeing Doja's post, what's the logic that thought a single %20 bump every %2 not enough? We shouldn't get phase solos, but we -should- get a bit of high scores given we have multiple teams that can make it.

*scratch that. Now I get this happens within the run and resets in between runs.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Seeing Doja's post, what's the logic that thought a single %20 bump every %2 not enough? We shouldn't get phase solos, but we -should- get a bit of high scores given we have multiple teams that can make it.

*scratch that. Now I get this happens within the run and resets in between runs.

Kyno confirmed the intention is that the more r5s you have, the higher your raid placement should be

Its no longer a "build the best raid team to score higher"
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ok then...from where I stand, this is a good thing. I have what it takes, so does my guild. More investment=better raid prowess. No hi score placement steals depending on a single factor (gl).
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Checked with devs. Here's the breakdown:

10% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% + 100% = 300% total stat increase

Lmao ok wait....what? How is this any better?

The ending of the stacking being universal is great. Thank you for listening to the player base.

However you just traded one problem with another by making it even more demanding to have R5 rosters for this raid. You just increased the demand for gear even more for this raid with the current thresholds and how they stack up. Why is the stacking compounding? Sorry this isn’t ok Doja. There’s a middle ground here.
    This isn’t it.

The best fix is to make it 20% of its original damage and speed per 2% Heath lost, which would be:
    2% = 20% overall increase
    4%= 40% overall increase
    6%= 60% overall increase
    And so on. That way at 20% you’re still over the thresholds previously but it’s not per run. You won’t get solos for phases still.

Or make the thresholds between 5%-10% for the stat boosts currently as stated
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    How about this bit where they got rid of "tripled for gls" clause. What's your guess about gl power in this new paradigm:

At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking, max 10 stacks) until end of encounter.
  • Shouldn't the rewards be addressed if you are going to require this much participation from a guild? The rewards for this event are really sad unless you get first (and still).
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ok then...from where I stand, this is a good thing. I have what it takes, so does my guild. More investment=better raid prowess. No hi score placement steals depending on a single factor (gl).

The lack of co-ordination is a good thing, but the lack of competition in the guild isn't

This update has two parts, removal of co-ordination (great!) and unable to score more than 2% damage on most runs (bad)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

The lack of co-ordination is a good thing, but the lack of competition in the guild isn't

This update has two parts, removal of co-ordination (great!) and unable to score more than 2% damage on most runs (bad)

Competition will be there, the way competition happens will be different and it won't depend on whether you have x gl, but have many well built r5 teams, instead of the 2 you know that will score best and make anything else not matter.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Checked with devs. Here's the breakdown:

Is that % of health lost this battle a percentage of his total health or the health when that particular battle starts?

That will be quite different as you get later in that phase.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Kyno confirmed the intention is that the more r5s you have, the higher your raid placement should be

Did I?

• Checked with devs. Here's the breakdown:

oof

all this because you OP'd one character... good work y'all. smh.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Did I?

I mean you don’t have to really.

The stacking mechanic as it’s built now per run is demanding so many more R5 teams per member. What wouldn’t kick in until 20% is now kicking in even greater at 6%.
    2% sees a 20% jump. I mean ok. Cool.
    4% sees 60% jump.
    6% sees 120% jump.

If that’s their intent I mean ok, but cmon you could make the cut off at 10% and still get the desired outcome, just not so drastically
  • BPRDHB
    23 posts Member

Competition will be there, the way competition happens will be different and it won't depend on whether you have x gl, but have many well built r5 teams, instead of the 2 you know that will score best and make anything else not matter.[/quote]

Most guilds have players run 1 squad per phase, so 4 squads. This is probably going to require doubling that (maybe more?), so double the work while people wait for the next phase to open up as that won't change where squads need to be used.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

Did I?

you did bold that part of my post and said the topic was discussed and they still went with this implementation

Guess i made some incorrect assumptions of my own that I shouldn't have when inferring your post
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Pros: It now stacks per individual run.
    Cons: It now stacks even more insanely than ever before.
    I was expecting some lower threshold for individual runs, but this is just crazy. Teams that scored reasonable percentage before will get screwed now. I don't think we will be able to complete phase 4 now, and we recently did it with current modifiers. I call bantha poodoo on "maintain which Guilds can complete this event".
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    How about this bit where they got rid of "tripled for gls" clause. What's your guess about gl power in this new paradigm:

At the start of each of its turns, this unit gains 50 Armor Penetration and 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Potency (stacking) and all enemies both active and defeated lose 5% Offense, Tenacity, and Mastery (stacking, max 10 stacks) until end of encounter.

So GLs should do better then, right?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    BPRDHB wrote: »

Competition will be there, the way competition happens will be different and it won't depend on whether you have x gl, but have many well built r5 teams, instead of the 2 you know that will score best and make anything else not matter.

Most guilds have players run 1 squad per phase, so 4 squads. This is probably going to require doubling that (maybe more?), so double the work while people wait for the next phase to open up as that won't change where squads need to be used.[/quote]

Yes, thus it encourages well built rosters. Those previously can do it may not and vice versa.