Upcoming Changes To The Pit Challenge Tier [MEGA]

Replies

• First:

If we're going with this new plan, can we please have devour start on cooldown?

It was one thing when there was a small r5 tax so that you could get a run of 5-20%, depending on your squad. It's another if we're going to have to run multiple squads, so it's no longer just one character tax, and the tax doesn't buy you the potential for an 8% run anyway.

Second, Kylo said:
    Everyone in the guild was doing exactly 2%?
    Or are you just being overly negative for no reason?

No, the problem for guilds barely completing is when everyone is NOT doing the same damage. If everyone is doing the most they could and they still sometimes fail, then what you had was some people with the best squads doing 8% and some people who had some qualifying characters but not an optimal squad doing 0.5%

In the new regime, the 8% will be cut to 4.1 and the 0.5% will be unaffected. The argument from the person you were responding to is that you don't have guilds where everyone gets exactly 2% and you have 100% participation. IN the real world, what marginal-completion guilds look like is that everyone is trying like crazy to get the most out of their squads, but not everyone is getting the same damage because everyone has different rosters.

Now, having corrected what appears to be your misimpression, I'll go on to say that I don't actually mind this. If you were dependent on one guild leader getting 40% in p1 and one or two guild leaders to get 20%+ in p2 & p3, then yes, you were a marginal guild and you're likely going to have to go back to building rosters again to get RCT done.

But the truth is that the Raid was probably never intended for guilds like that to defeat it. I get that it feels bad to go from completing it to not completing it, and so I wish they would have implemented things differently from the jump, but the truth is that the original version of the raid was no fun.

Cooperation & rooting for your guild mates to score well instead of rooting for them to score badly so you can take first? That I like. That most people should like.

Not wanting to go to the bathroom because your device was getting low on power from being on airplane mode too long while waiting for everyone else to finish, so now you've got it plugged in and can't leave it because the buggy game makes it more likely that it will crash and lose your score if it falls asleep & wakes up than if you just sit there next to the plugged in thing while 12 more people make 4 or 5 more attempts each?

Yeah, that's no fun. That was never any fun.

They wrote the original raid realizing that they were demanding everyone post damage at exactly the same time, and that's not tenable. The people it hits hardest are the guild officers, and we should be doing everything we can to make life easy on the guild officers. They are the unpaid employees that CG relies on to help newer players, to make TW worthwhile, to coordinate raids so that people can actually participate in them. As players, we should appreciate them for advice, for listening to our complaints (even when those complaints wouldn't be an issue if the game didn't take certain design approaches), etc.

Making life miserable for the people who make this game possible was always a bad plan. It's not tenable. This whole game will come crashing down if CG makes the guild officers hate the game.

Will this mean that international guilds with strong rosters but coordination issues benefit? Yep. And I'm in one of the guilds (and have a couple of the "optimal" squads for getting big damage).

Will this mean reduced rewards for guilds with strong coordination but entirely marginal rosters that relied on one or just a few big hitters to barely complete RCT? Yep. And I'm not one, so you might consider me biased.

But whether I benefited or suffered under the previous regime, benefit or suffer now from the changes, making life miserable for guild officers had to end or guilds would fall apart and then no one would complete RCT and, ultimately, everyone would simply quit the game, since without strong guilds too much of the game is inaccessible or impossible.

This change is what it needs to be. Would I be happier with a threshold of 2.5% instead of 2% so people could get 4.9% more reasonably and thus need only 20-25 people to complete a phase? Yep.

But if you were getting 4% before, you'll get 2% + one more hit now at bare minimum. Probably 2% + a couple good hits, and if you're willing to redo your run, you can make sure you get 2% + a good attack from a GL or GAS, which means 2.3% total. If you were getting 6% before , 3% - 3.9% is now in reasonable reach. If you were getting 10% plus, you should get 4% + one more hit at bare minimum, with reruns it can be a hit from GAS or a GL and net you 4.3%.

This is still going to require some guild coordination, but for my guild it will be the same outcome with many fewer headaches and with more people actually scoring something other than 0%.

I am cautiously optimistic, save for the bit about devour not starting on cooldown.
  • We can discuss the way they fixed the raid, but we cannot discuss the fact that they listened and acted upon it.

Thank you CG!
  • the change they made, while alleviating the dumbest mechanic of universal damage penalties, now makes it more about R5 roster depth.

And that seems ... okay to me. If you're a guild with a lot of r5s, you can finish. If you don't, it doesn't matter if you have 3 big spenders. This keeps everyone reliant on group effort while taking away the mechanism of forcing the group effort to be at the exact same moment, coordinated across 11 time zones (for my guild, others probably have it worse).
  • My concern with this is it will push the raid further away from middling guilds - if each team does on average 2% - you need 1000 r5+ Toons.

Now not all r5 toons are equal. A R5 Vader is a lot more effective than a r5 Res Hero Finn in this raid. So that 1000 is likely to be closer to 1700+.

My guild has managed to complete this at around 250m gp through co-ordination and effective execution. I would be quite annoyed if we now cannot not because we are bad players, but we simply don’t have the vast roster depth now needed.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Seeing Doja's post, what's the logic that thought a single %20 bump every %2 not enough? We shouldn't get phase solos, but we -should- get a bit of high scores given we have multiple teams that can make it.

*scratch that. Now I get this happens within the run and resets in between runs.

Kyno confirmed the intention is that the more r5s you have, the higher your raid placement should be

Its no longer a "build the best raid team to score higher"

Did I?

I mean you don’t have to really.

The stacking mechanic as it’s built now per run is demanding so many more R5 teams per member. What wouldn’t kick in until 20% is now kicking in even greater at 6%.
    2% sees a 20% jump. I mean ok. Cool.
    4% sees 60% jump.
    6% sees 120% jump.

If that’s their intent I mean ok, but cmon you could make the cut off at 10% and still get the desired outcome, just not so drastically

Can you expand on that?

We were finishing the raid with 25-30 putting in damage.

If 34 guildmates have 4 (+ some P4 junk, which will now do better than before), teams, you can math this out pretty easily. Those could be the same 4+ teams you needed before, so you just need to make sure you have more players involved, not more teams. So no real demand, other than teams that can average 3%. ( I would imagine certain teams are going to do well more than the average, and any team doing more than 2% before certainly will not be doing less)

Other % would have made this easier, but a fair amount. Even 5% would mean you would be looking at 20 or less players right off the bat.

Either way, I can't wait to see how this plays out in practice.

Right now you have stacking mechanics kicking in at 2% of damage done. Previously not until 20%.
    So let’s say a team could get you 4% in a single run. That was without any damage or speed boost. Depending on that team, that 20% increase in stats will now hinder any progress and make that old 4% not achievable with the same team.
    I don’t have time to do the exact math, but this mechanic is now shifting the issue from universal coordination (thank you for fixing that, it’s a dumb mechanic, please never do it again), and is now “how many R5 teams do you own”

Without any help in the gear economy seemingly coming, I think this is a poor move. They could make the thresholds 5% and I could even be ok with that. 10% would be prefered but I get it at 5

As was expressed before all this, they were not going to remove something that added a layer of difficulty without making it difficult in other ways.

Yes teams will be hard pressed to break an average of 3%, but that's still doable and I'm sure certain teams will do better than expected with this change. It's still not a demand on more teams, just a push for a slightly higher participation. Which kind of had to be expected.

So guilds that already needed (almost) full participation are just screwed, got it. Good to know that our successful push to complete the raid was all for nothing, since we probably won't get enough mats to take a single character to r8 before this abomination goes live.

What has a percentage to do with anything? Everyone was doing what they could (well, except for a few leftover CLS teams at the end). Some were doing 4, 6, 8 or over 10%, do you think those teams will be this effective now? No they won't. I'm not negative, I'm realistic. This update will make coordination easier but the fight itself harder. When we managed coordination but struggled with the fight, we are screwed. Simple as that.

The % matters because math.

Yes teams that did well before will still do well now. I believe one of the ideas they wre trying to preserve was "effective order" so the best teams are still the best and things just scaled back.

So yes guilds right on the edge may be effected and pushed just out of the ability to do this, but should be able to develop right back into it.

Glad that you agree with me that teams will be less effective, that we are screwed and that we will have to grind more. Which is precisely why I am so "overly negative" about it.
  • Yeah, not a fan of the change in totality. Raid is now, on net average, harder to clear. CG managed to 1) muzzle SLK, 2) nerf CTR merc’ing, and 3) up the bar for roster development, all while basking in plausible deniability because shortsighted players clamored for such a change. Well done, GoH playerbase; it’s the HAAT eyeball removal change all over again.
  • More changes no one asked for, based on a reason that is also true for every other raid (and for TW - they all start and end sometime and require coordination), . . . meanwhile completly ignoring the reality of the content as it is currently.

Just a guess, but the number of guilds completing Crancor will drop dramatically. Why oh why oh why, does CG care if Kilo can solo a phase . . . that is what carries most guilds through the content. In most guilds, there just aren't that many dedicated players. If half your guild can't show up and "coordinate" an attack or two, then they certainly aren't going to take the time to farm and develop the squads needed when the number of participants goes from 15 players to 30 or more.

I do Crancor runs now and they run as smooth as can be. It takes time to adjust to the requirements of any new content. Now, when people can pretty much manage what is requried, you change it?

The huge glaring problem with Crancor and most every single raid in the game has never been the content, but the reward structure. Players have told CG this over, and over, and over. CG simply has to flaten the reward structure if they want more people involved. Insted, in a completely contradictory change, CG is going to require more participation, for the very limited handful of decent rewards? Now some player who is going to get meaningless rank 30 rewards is suposed to show up and do as much as rank 1 through 10, but get nothing for that effort?

The theory of what gets paid and why is incoherent. It's fine to make this content that requires 30 players, but then reward those 30 players. And, by the way, reward them for real, don't just nerf top rewards.
  • Yes, this is about gear economy because now individual members need more R5 teams. You’re talking about the GL progressions of F2P but how long does that take to get one completely f2p? 6-9 months?
    Other than spending 20-25 dollars when I first started the game in 2016 (because I recognize that programmers need to be paid), I am completely FtP. I also took a few months off from the game in 2016 before coming back to it and being a daily player since. I lost far more progress by taking a few months off than I gained by the crystals I purchased.

So I can say that that tiny spending did not affect my GL chase at all. I have 2 GLs. The first took me 17 weeks. The second took me 10 weeks. Neither one took me anything close to 6 months.

Now, I'm earning great fleet rewards (#1 every day) but mediocre Squad rewards (I don't think I finished in the top50 once during my initial GL quest and I only finished in the top 20 a few times after that. My entire 2nd quest I was consistently finishing in the 30s & 40s).

Farming a GL will take different amounts of time for different people, depending on a lot of things. For one, you could be a collector and have all the toons 7* before you even start thinking about gearing them to get a GL. Other people might have a skinny/tall roster with some great relics already, but some necessary toons not even unlocked.

So I'm not saying I know the one true amount of time it takes to get a GL. I think for people who aren't in great guilds getting good TW rewards it can take longer. I know that for people who are finishing top5 in Sith Raid it will be shorter.

But neither of my farms took anything close to 6 months (26 weeks), and I wasn't finishing top5 in Sith for either GL farm.

10 to 25 weeks (2.5 to 5.5 months) seems a much better estimate to me.
  • Yes, this is about gear economy because now individual members need more R5 teams. You’re talking about the GL progressions of F2P but how long does that take to get one completely f2p? 6-9 months?
    Other than spending 20-25 dollars when I first started the game in 2016 (because I recognize that programmers need to be paid), I am completely FtP. I also took a few months off from the game in 2016 before coming back to it and being a daily player since. I lost far more progress by taking a few months off than I gained by the crystals I purchased.

So I can say that that tiny spending did not affect my GL chase at all. I have 2 GLs. The first took me 17 weeks. The second took me 10 weeks. Neither one took me anything close to 6 months.

Now, I'm earning great fleet rewards (#1 every day) but mediocre Squad rewards (I don't think I finished in the top50 once during my initial GL quest and I only finished in the top 20 a few times after that. My entire 2nd quest I was consistently finishing in the 30s & 40s).

Farming a GL will take different amounts of time for different people, depending on a lot of things. For one, you could be a collector and have all the toons 7* before you even start thinking about gearing them to get a GL. Other people might have a skinny/tall roster with some great relics already, but some necessary toons not even unlocked.

So I'm not saying I know the one true amount of time it takes to get a GL. I think for people who aren't in great guilds getting good TW rewards it can take longer. I know that for people who are finishing top5 in Sith Raid it will be shorter.

But neither of my farms took anything close to 6 months (26 weeks), and I wasn't finishing top5 in Sith for either GL farm.

l2qgbitabgz0.png
    20mpbr9vzj57.png

Top 5 HSTR stinks
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Yes, this is about gear economy because now individual members need more R5 teams. You’re talking about the GL progressions of F2P but how long does that take to get one completely f2p? 6-9 months?

l2qgbitabgz0.png
    20mpbr9vzj57.png

Top 5 HSTR stinks

I'd be glad to get those as I haven't for quite a while.
  • Top 5 is so much better than finishing 15th to 30th that there's almost no comparison.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2021
    Seeing Doja's post, what's the logic that thought a single %20 bump every %2 not enough? We shouldn't get phase solos, but we -should- get a bit of high scores given we have multiple teams that can make it.

*scratch that. Now I get this happens within the run and resets in between runs.

Kyno confirmed the intention is that the more r5s you have, the higher your raid placement should be

Did I?

The stacking mechanic as it’s built now per run is demanding so many more R5 teams per member. What wouldn’t kick in until 20% is now kicking in even greater at 6%.
    4% sees 60% jump.
    6% sees 120% jump.

If that’s their intent I mean ok, but cmon you could make the cut off at 10% and still get the desired outcome, just not so drastically

Can you expand on that?

If 34 guildmates have 4 (+ some P4 junk, which will now do better than before), teams, you can math this out pretty easily. Those could be the same 4+ teams you needed before, so you just need to make sure you have more players involved, not more teams. So no real demand, other than teams that can average 3%. ( I would imagine certain teams are going to do well more than the average, and any team doing more than 2% before certainly will not be doing less)

Other % would have made this easier, but a fair amount. Even 5% would mean you would be looking at 20 or less players right off the bat.

Right now you have stacking mechanics kicking in at 2% of damage done. Previously not until 20%.
    So let’s say a team could get you 4% in a single run. That was without any damage or speed boost. Depending on that team, that 20% increase in stats will now hinder any progress and make that old 4% not achievable with the same team.
    I don’t have time to do the exact math, but this mechanic is now shifting the issue from universal coordination (thank you for fixing that, it’s a dumb mechanic, please never do it again), and is now “how many R5 teams do you own”

Without any help in the gear economy seemingly coming, I think this is a poor move. They could make the thresholds 5% and I could even be ok with that. 10% would be prefered but I get it at 5

As was expressed before all this, they were not going to remove something that added a layer of difficulty without making it difficult in other ways.

Yes teams will be hard pressed to break an average of 3%, but that's still doable and I'm sure certain teams will do better than expected with this change. It's still not a demand on more teams, just a push for a slightly higher participation. Which kind of had to be expected.

You are really bent on making everything about the economy, but it's really not as bad as you make it seem, you can see many players progressing on GLs (some on their second) for free, there seems to be something working, as those have a high relic requirement.

I get that you want it to be easier than it's going to be, but maybe let it roll out before you spin this onto the economy. Sorry, I'm not trying to get hang up on you, it's just not as bad as you make it out to be, they make a good change, one which you have been asking for, and "it's all wrong"..... I get it, "they csnt win", but they are trying here and you wont even let them do that.

Sigh...

I’m giving them credit for changing it to a per run basis of the stacking mechanic. I even said I’d understand them in past posts cutting he stacking mechanic to 75% at 10% damage done per run. Even with their current stacking a 5% threshold would have produces the same intention as I acknowledged needed to happen if they make it per run.

However even you need to admit, the current way it stacks, is too much at 2% thresholds. It’s making it much harder on individual runs at 2%. A 5% threshold would have the same effect on overall difficulty and even make it slightly harder but not as much as it is now.

Yes, this is about gear economy because now individual members need more R5 teams. You’re talking about the GL progressions of F2P but how long does that take to get one completely f2p? 6-9 months? GL’s need on average about 9 toons at least r5 to unlock. So you mean to tell me now people need to put that much resource and effort for a couple (at minimum) extra teams on a raid that doesn’t even come close to rewarding the resource effort put in? They just made it about the gear economy by now making the mechanic even more about how many R5 teams you have.

You seem to be one of the only ones ok with the current gear economy, aside from a couple others of course. But that’s not the point of this post.

The point is CG just traded a coordination effort to a R5 roster depth issue.

Le sigh.

I'm sorry, you are right, I read your post as a "backhanded compliment", since you said that and went right into how it was still the wrong thing to do. That is my bad, I should not have seen it that way.

I'm not ok with the gear economy, but I also dont see the need to point at anything and try to make it a bad thing, because the gear economy is not the best.
  • Top 5 is so much better than finishing 15th to 30th that there's almost no comparison.

Agreed but that reward crate from today was gut wrenching lol.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    This was the data they were waiting for...guilds completing the raid. In their review it was too many. I think they didn’t realize the whole airplane mode gimmick. Now under the guise of helping they will reduce the amount of guild completing. Which is funny since the aero packs are back. Unbelievable timing or coincidence?

What % will the overall number of guilds completing the raid decrease?

Please show all work.

Do we also add in the guilds that couldnt do it before due to coordination issues?

Sure. How about you and your cronies provide that information...tell us NOW how many guild complete it and then tell us how many complete it after this change. Your stale argument on showing your work is funny since CG never does. If it is lower than they should commit to change it again... it is higher let it be. Easy enough.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were trying to state facts.

You wouldnt believe then even if they did.
    Why wouldn’t I believe it? Oh, that’s right...because CG is always so vague and full of it almost all the time. Never been transparent...sorry buddy but trust is earned and they don’t have mine.
  • Vengence
    1102 posts Member
    Right on you made it so we don’t all have to login at the same time but these stacking numbers are still insane did anyone think maybe we are making this damage ramp to high to fast? Or is it just buy my packs all the time?
  • MercAntico wrote: »
    Lol, good luck having enough things to throw in there by the time P4 rolls around.

No statement on here is more true. They want to at least double the teams requried, and there simply aren't that many teams in the game that can score in P4.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MercAntico wrote: »
    Lol, good luck having enough things to throw in there by the time P4 rolls around.

No statement on here is more true. They want to at least double the teams requried, and there simply aren't that many teams in the game that can score in P4.

To be honest P4 will probably be easier for many guilds, we always had a few % left to clear by throwing everything in. That will no longer be an issue.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Did I?

4% sees 60% jump.
    6% sees 120% jump.

Can you expand on that?

So guilds that already needed (almost) full participation are just screwed, got it. Good to know that our successful push to complete the raid was all for nothing, since we probably won't get enough mats to take a single character to r8 before this abomination goes live.

What has a percentage to do with anything? Everyone was doing what they could (well, except for a few leftover CLS teams at the end). Some were doing 4, 6, 8 or over 10%, do you think those teams will be this effective now? No they won't. I'm not negative, I'm realistic. This update will make coordination easier but the fight itself harder. When we managed coordination but struggled with the fight, we are screwed. Simple as that.

The % matters because math.

Yes teams that did well before will still do well now. I believe one of the ideas they wre trying to preserve was "effective order" so the best teams are still the best and things just scaled back.

So yes guilds right on the edge may be effected and pushed just out of the ability to do this, but should be able to develop right back into it.

Glad that you agree with me that teams will be less effective, that we are screwed and that we will have to grind more. Which is precisely why I am so "overly negative" about it.

I'm glad we can agree you are being overly negative.

I actually dont think that, I think you should plan accordingly and work with your guild you can do it.
  • Disclaimer: I haven't played CRancor yet. My highest toon is a G12 GMY. BUT. From what I've seen, on the commentary on the raid, this seems like a flat upgrade on everything but reward distribution. Guilds won't need Discord and timezone coordination, the Stacking mechanic was slightly nerfed(although IMO it should be flat done away with), the stat LOSS stacking was nerfed hard. From a lower player level, this seems like good community reading, but the Raid shouldn't have needed a nerf. 4/5 credit from me CG, good job on the Raid improvements, but there are still issues.

This's just my take, feel free to debate me on it.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Did I?

4% sees 60% jump.
    6% sees 120% jump.

Can you expand on that?

You are really bent on making everything about the economy, but it's really not as bad as you make it seem, you can see many players progressing on GLs (some on their second) for free, there seems to be something working, as those have a high relic requirement.

I get that you want it to be easier than it's going to be, but maybe let it roll out before you spin this onto the economy. Sorry, I'm not trying to get hang up on you, it's just not as bad as you make it out to be, they make a good change, one which you have been asking for, and "it's all wrong"..... I get it, "they csnt win", but they are trying here and you wont even let them do that.

Sigh...

I’m giving them credit for changing it to a per run basis of the stacking mechanic. I even said I’d understand them in past posts cutting he stacking mechanic to 75% at 10% damage done per run. Even with their current stacking a 5% threshold would have produces the same intention as I acknowledged needed to happen if they make it per run.

However even you need to admit, the current way it stacks, is too much at 2% thresholds. It’s making it much harder on individual runs at 2%. A 5% threshold would have the same effect on overall difficulty and even make it slightly harder but not as much as it is now.

Yes, this is about gear economy because now individual members need more R5 teams. You’re talking about the GL progressions of F2P but how long does that take to get one completely f2p? 6-9 months? GL’s need on average about 9 toons at least r5 to unlock. So you mean to tell me now people need to put that much resource and effort for a couple (at minimum) extra teams on a raid that doesn’t even come close to rewarding the resource effort put in? They just made it about the gear economy by now making the mechanic even more about how many R5 teams you have.

You seem to be one of the only ones ok with the current gear economy, aside from a couple others of course. But that’s not the point of this post.

The point is CG just traded a coordination effort to a R5 roster depth issue.

Le sigh.

I'm sorry, you are right, I read your post as a "backhanded compliment", since you said that and went right into how it was still the wrong thing to do. That is my bad, I should not have seen it that way.

I'm not ok with the gear economy, but I also dont see the need to point at anything and try to make it a bad thing, because the gear economy is not the best.

Le super sigh 😔

I mean I’m giving where it’s due. They’re changing the universal stacking mechanic. That is a very very good thing. It’s a terrible mechanic and they need to toss that into the “never do that again” file.

I don’t disagree with making the thresholds less than 20%. 10% would be absolutely awesome and 5% currently as built with how it stacks is fine in my mind. 2% is way too low of a threshold with how it stacks.

Like I said, there’s a middle ground and the current mechanic thresholds they’re going to implement is too extreme ergo wrong. It forces too many more teams to get to R5. Heck if they lowered it to R3, then by all means. But the green and crystal signal data is very scarce and two extra relic levels chews through other relic materials as well. There’s a middle ground to keep the difficulty the same, help coordination and also add to the challenge. I don’t think this is the way.

“This is not the way”

;)
  • @ Ravens
    Agreed but that reward crate from today was gut wrenching lol.

Completely fair.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    More changes no one asked for, based on a reason that is also true for every other raid (and for TW - they all start and end sometime and require coordination), . . . meanwhile completly ignoring the reality of the content as it is currently.

Right, because of the coordination of "everyone attack the raid over the next 48 hours, or everyone make attacks in the TW over the next 24 hours" is comparable to the airplane mode, sit on discord, regardless of the spread of guild timezones, coordination currently required of CPit.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    More changes no one asked for, based on a reason that is also true for every other raid (and for TW - they all start and end sometime and require coordination), . . . meanwhile completly ignoring the reality of the content as it is currently.

Right, because of the coordination of "everyone attack the raid over the next 48 hours, or everyone make attacks in the TW over the next 24 hours" is comparable to the airplane mode, sit on discord, regardless of the spread of guild timezones, coordination currently required of CPit.

If your guild has enough bullets, there's no need for such coordination, just a guideline to make sure you have enough ammunition for p4.
  • To be honest P4 will probably be easier for many guilds, we always had a few % left to clear by throwing everything in. That will no longer be an issue.

This for sure. Raid Han & Grievous squads could get 0.3-0.8 depending on extra assisters (for RH) and some luck with kill order (for Grievous' bonus turns). Neither Grievous nor RH were ever key figures in any early-phase squads, so continuing to save them doesn't hurt you. But now with the Rancor "only" as deadly during p4 cleanup as it would have been at p4 start, I'm sure both of those are 1%+ squads now.

And many people have a Grievous squad with multiple relics, so although this won't help a large swath of the player base, it will still help many, many people. And, frankly, if you don't have at least a few relic Sep droids, this raid wasn't for you to begin with.

I'll actually score about as well as before in a couple phases, just because I'll be able to use a bunch of squads that would never have gotten any use otherwise. Total score will come down, of course, but not having to hit at a specific moment & able to throw lots of squads at the thing will make up for a good deal of that headache.
  • Shadowz
    167 posts Member
    Checked with devs. Here's the breakdown:

2% Health lost this battle = 20% total stat increase
    4% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% = 60% total stat increase
    6% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% = 120% total stat increase
    8% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% = 200% total stat increase
    10% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% + 100% = 300% total stat increase

How does the above math work similarly to Enfys Nest's Unique as stated?
    y2hofksx404e.png

Because wouldn't it work like this then?

2% Health lost this battle = 20% Stat increase
    4% Health Lost this battle = 40% Stat increase
    6% Health Lost this battle = 60% Stat increase
    8% Health Lost this battle = 80% Stat Increase
    10% Health Lost this battle = 100% Stat increase

• Konju
    1142 posts Member

10% Health lost this battle = 20% + 40% + 60% + 80% + 100% = 300% total stat increase

It’s working like this 👆
  • Shadowz
    167 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Konju wrote: »

It’s working like this 👆

Yeah i get that he said he confirmed with the devs... But the post also says that it works similarly to how enfys nest works. and gives an example of 20% then 40% then 60%... Which is clearly NOT what the above says of 20% then 60% then 120% then 200% etc

gartrzv4oreq.png
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Shadowz wrote: »

It’s working like this 👆

Yeah i get that he said he confirmed with the devs... But the post also says that it works similarly to how enfys nest works. and gives an example of 20% then 40% then 60%... Which is clearly NOT what the above says of 20% then 60% then 120% then 200% etc

gartrzv4oreq.png

I was replying to a different quote that is now deleted. I hear you.
  • Shadowz
    167 posts Member

It’s working like this 👆

gartrzv4oreq.png

Oh, sorry.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

It’s working like this 👆

gartrzv4oreq.png

Oh, sorry.

No worries, the text is clunky, much like the mechanic itself. 20% increase per 2% would have done the trick (really feel like 5% would have been better), but instead it is much worse and confusing as well. Will have to wait to see it in action after implemented.

Still quite happy to lose the coordination, AP modes etc.