Purple data disc drops - Feedback

Prev134
Hey,
first of all sorry for my english. This isnt my native language.

I really enjoyed the new conquest mode. Theres just one thing i would like to change. The "droprate" of purple data Discs. I fullcleard the board and ended up with 0 purple data discs, while others got 3. This was no big deal in normal mode, but at hard node this could really make a difference.

Maybe you can make one or two spots with a purple data disc drops for everyone. Like after boss 1 or 3. It doesnt have to be the same purple disc for everyone but at least a random purple disc for everyone.

Its a huge gap/disadvantage if someone gets 3 or 4 purple disc while others get 0.

Thanks for listening

Replies

• Your English is fine - no need to apologise!

I agree. I think fixed points for higher tier data disks would be welcomed. I've just finished stage 4 and got nothing higher than green thus far. And I take your point, purpke data disks on the hard variation could make a big difference.
  • I didn't even know there were such things as purple data disks. Haven't got one. I'm 1/3rd of the way through sector 5 and no hint.
  • I brought that up in the Megathread and feedback is that the Devs think current purple disc drop rates are ok. In my guild a minority of 20% got no purple discs. Maybe data from the first hard mode event shows that lack of powerful 4-dot discs is in issue. However, I wouldn’t count on it.
  • Maybe the droprate for purple in hard mode is higher? After clearing normal I realize I might have chosen poorly and also didn’t get purples but each boss seemed to rely more on using the right teams than which discs you got. But as you say, we’ll see in Hard mode.
  • Agreed. I am finished and didn't come across any. Maybe remove some duplicates. That discs are the most important part of Conquest. Some of them trivialize the feats required. Not as big of a deal in normal but in HM it will be make or break. Especially for folks with smaller GP.
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    I got them all I think.ggsf0r1cs9gm.jpg

• Massively overpowered equipped on Imp Troopers is just insane.
  • This reminds me of how zeta mats used to be random drops of 0. 1 or 2. I personally prefer 1 guaranteed rather than a chance of 0 or 2. Even if the math says those are equal.

I would rather every player be guaranteed at least 1 purple than people have the possibility of none or more than 1.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Cs99 wrote: »

There is at least 1 more. I also got 3.

The RNG could be eliminated by having only green disks after sector 1 boss. Sector 2 could offer blue disks after boss completion and purple after sector 3 boss. Maybe those blue disks and purple disks could be exclusively located right after boss battles. Just an idea for a bit more fairness to all players upon defeating bosses and “earning” those disks. It is unfortunate that some players didn’t even get a chance to experiment with the “higher quality” disks.
  • Theres 4, you guys are missing Deadly Momentum
    Deadly Momentum
    All allies have +30% Shield Penetration and gain 30% Offense when an enemy falls below 100% Health. Data Disk effects that trigger when enemies fall below 100% Health also trigger at 70% and 40% Health

https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Conquest
  • Wow, I finished the whole conquest and didn't see a single purple data disk
  • This reminds me of how zeta mats used to be random drops of 0. 1 or 2. I personally prefer 1 guaranteed rather than a chance of 0 or 2. Even if the math says those are equal.

I would rather every player be guaranteed at least 1 purple than people have the possibility of none or more than 1.
    The maths didn’t say they were equal though, as the chance of 2 was much much lower than the chance of zero.

I agree though, the discrepancy seems unfair. I can see the last Data disk choice in sector 5, and I know now I’ll have got 1 purple and 4 blue across the whole thing.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited March 2021

There are more types. I saw, but didn't take the assist one. But I have a different one. Not that I understand what 'shield penetration' means. Is that supposed to mean it bypasses protection?

kuvgl4dhnkfa.jpg
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    I found only one purple disc and it was from the last stockpile in Sector 5. So kinda pointless.
  • None for me, I think only 1 in my guild saw one in sector 4. I expect better than 1 dot trash for beating the bosses. Myself I got 1 blue, then 1 and 2 dot throughout. Sign me up for guaranteed tier after bosses and no random drops.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I got the max box pretty easily without ever getting a purple disc. The combination of greens and blues I ended up using was plenty overpowered.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I got the max box pretty easily without ever getting a purple disc. The combination of greens and blues I ended up using was plenty overpowered.

On normal mode though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    LOL I assumed they were standard drops. That really blows because both of mine are awesome.

1 of them almost = autoplay for any synergy R0 team for all sectors.
    Deadly Momentum LOL0z6oobhd95vi.jpg
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    I completed all the rewards and crates and have 0 purple data disk...
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

6x9tqs6js7ne.jpg
    2dpr9m5eq7ov.jpg
    kmsc4i338faf.jpg
  • Looooki wrote: »
    I completed all the rewards and crates and have 0 purple data disk...

Did you read the OP? He is stating that he thinks some people not getting purples randomly could hurt them in HARD mode, not this 1.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yeah, I hope they make it a little more progressive and less repeated basic ones. Hard mode is going to be interesting to say the least when you get nothing but the same ones over and over and no purple by sector 3 or so.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah, I hope they make it a little more progressive and less repeated basic ones. Hard mode is going to be interesting to say the least when you get nothing but the same ones over and over and no purple by sector 3 or so.

I hope how far players go in hard mode is a roster test and not a data card rng test. To be gimped for two weeks due to bad rng is not fun.

Maybe data cards could be added to the conquest store. It could even out bad rng at the caches?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I hope how far players go in hard mode is a roster test and not a data card rng test. To be gimped for two weeks due to bad rng is not fun.

Maybe data cards could be added to the conquest store. It could even out bad rng at the caches?

The general idea that they are looking at, is offering better ones the further you progress, we will have to see if they can make this work.

The second thing they are also trying to manage is not to give out ones too early that trivialize the difficulty. I think making them purchasable would have a large effect on this secondary goal.

But I think we can all agree that your overall progression should not be limited or helped by the DD RNG. In the end it will always have some effect, but should not be a driving force.
  • In the end it will always have some effect, but should not be a driving force.

It can **and should** have an effect. After all, the enemy gets not only significant stat boosts but also insane abilities like damage reflection. Can you imagine what I could do if I could put 100% damage reflection on my squad?

That said, the dd's should level the playing field, not tilt it. When you have all 12 slots filled, what you gain should be no more overpowered than 100% damage reflection on a Padmé squad. Of course, that's insanely overpowered, but let's be clear, no combination of data disk abilities should be **more** overpowered than that.

The general idea that they are looking at, is offering better ones the further you progress, we will have to see if they can make this work.

The second thing they are also trying to manage is not to give out ones too early that trivialize the difficulty. I think making them purchasable would have a large effect on this secondary goal.

But I think we can all agree that your overall progression should not be limited or helped by the DD RNG. In the end it will always have some effect, but should not be a driving force.

Maybe the conquest store could have a progression. Grey data disks for the first few days, then green, then blue and purple available on last few days.
  • Konju wrote: »

There is at least 1 more. I also got 3.

The RNG could be eliminated by having only green disks after sector 1 boss. Sector 2 could offer blue disks after boss completion and purple after sector 3 boss. Maybe those blue disks and purple disks could be exclusively located right after boss battles. Just an idea for a bit more fairness to all players upon defeating bosses and “earning” those disks. It is unfortunate that some players didn’t even get a chance to experiment with the “higher quality” disks.

This sounds like a good solution to me. You dont get them to early, so you have to work for it, but also not to late, when you almost dont need them anymore.

Its a guarantee to get a purple disc for everyone who could make it this far.

This would also combine the two general ideas about data discs kyno mentioned. (Better ones for further progress and doesnt trivialize the difficulty)
  • Yep, 1 after BBEL for Sector 3, and 1 more after BBEL for Sector 4 sounds fair.

I suppose maybe they're so rare that CG doesn't want people to get 2, but in that case I would recommend a purple after Sector 3 and at no other time. Limiting the purples to use only in Sector 5 (which is what happens if you grant it after Sector 4) seems overly restrictive.

in any case, without further information about how rare they are "supposed" to be, I add my support for 1 after completing S3 and one more after completing S4.

That’s good news.
  • I finally got 1 purple data disk. Booming voice on normal was too powerful. I had to waste currency to unequip it to get feats done.

For my account on hard, if I get a purple data disk will likely be the determining factor on how far I progress.