Let's Chat About Conquest Strategy

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Start of the turn buffs + cd reduction on buff + GMY = little green man jumping until everybody dies.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I hate to say it but the deployable cooling system disk needs to be looked at. It has too much abuse potential with any kind of bonus turns or large tm gain. I guess Han could just chain his special too, and there are probably others.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    I hate to say it but the deployable cooling system disk needs to be looked at. It has too much abuse potential with any kind of bonus turns or large tm gain. I guess Han could just chain his special too, and there are probably others.

Well the good news is that the looking at would just be cleaning up code. At least it's still a good mod even without that whoopsie-doodle of multiple turn murder.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Well the good news is that the looking at would just be cleaning up code. At least it's still a good mod even without that whoopsie-doodle of multiple turn murder.

Not just cleaning up, more like not letting it to reduce cooldowns to zero although that still wouldn't stop Vader. With offensive and defensive buffs, you get multiple turn murder with everything WAI.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Not just cleaning up, more like not letting it to reduce cooldowns to zero although that still wouldn't stop Vader. With offensive and defensive buffs, you get multiple turn murder with everything WAI.

I still think that's okay, though, because you would need large numbers of buffs in conjunction with large TM gain and/or bonus turns for it to be reliable. GM Yoda can do this, but other characters that give a bunch of buffs only give them to one target so aren't as open to abuse. Stamina would put a soft cap on how out of control this could get.

BUT the bottom line is you're right, it should be looked into to see what the implications are. I think it'd be okay--but I'm not a dev trying to create an entire new mode meant to be a challenge for years to come! Can't see what you're going to see until you look!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Maybe im just dumb, but a better way to look at data disks, besides adding them. Why cant I hold down over the disk to look at it?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Maybe im just dumb, but a better way to look at data disks, besides adding them. Why cant I hold down over the disk to look at it?

This is a known issue and was already forwarded to the devs.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Anything that helps the player in ANY WAY I am all for keeping. I don’t need a bigger time sink in the game 😂
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

Anything that helps the player in ANY WAY I am all for keeping. I don’t need a bigger time sink in the game 😂

It trivializes fights and basically auto-completes the "take x turns without the enemy taking one" feats. I'm not a dev so I don't know how much of a problem it is, but I guess it warrants an investigation.
  • Woolies: my favorite anti- Phoenix team so far
    nhd515g5j4pz.png
    Of course it's just a pet project of mine for fun that I have tried to find a use for, and so far this is it!
    Halfway through Sector 4 and still smashing Phoenix.

Upgraded Z and he is an absolute UNIT vs PS and turbo Ewoks in Sector 4. 7ac7ds2px07u.png
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

It trivializes fights and basically auto-completes the "take x turns without the enemy taking one" feats. I'm not a dev so I don't know how much of a problem it is, but I guess it warrants an investigation.

Let’s see how OP it is on hard before nerfing anything. Giving lower rosters a chance with some of these combined disks is a good thing imo. I know I don’t need every single battle to be a head scratcher when (on a day like today) I have GAC, TW, and CRancor as an officer in 2 guilds.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Proposed new data disk:
    Treasure Hunter. Gives an increased chance of finding a blue or purple data disk.

After doing 4 zones I have only found 1 blue disk and 0 purple disks. This lack of good data disks uis very frustrating as there is nothing I can do to fix it.

data disks dont need to be blue or purple to be good. for most of my run i only had green and grey 1diamond disks and they helped me significantly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Proposed new data disk:
    Treasure Hunter. Gives an increased chance of finding a blue or purple data disk.

After doing 4 zones I have only found 1 blue disk and 0 purple disks. This lack of good data disks uis very frustrating as there is nothing I can do to fix it.

data disks dont need to be blue or purple to be good. for most of my run i only had green and grey 1diamond disks and they helped me significantly.

I agree, especially when you stack them. 2-4 stacks of particular ones at 1-2 pips, are better than some of the 4 pip ones.

I also feel like the potency gain when resisted is going to be a staple of any good build in difficult.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Conquest is awful and I hate it. A ton of busywork with feats? It’s like you saw how much people hate rta and blitz in msf and thought you should combine the two. Tbf it’s not as bad as those, yet anyway, but making razor crest available there makes it the new character release in blitz. At least rta you don’t have to try 153 things to get get the feats. See first reply to this thread for what I mean. Annoying timesuck. Go make a good raid instead, and a ship raid. Something fun. It’s like you don’t want to give us sandbox so here’s sandbox-lite, except “mandatory.” Boo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Conquest is awful and I hate it. A ton of busywork with feats? It’s like you saw how much people hate rta and blitz in msf and thought you should combine the two. Tbf it’s not as bad as those, yet anyway, but making razor crest available there makes it the new character release in blitz. At least rta you don’t have to try 153 things to get get the feats. See first reply to this thread for what I mean. Annoying timesuck. Go make a good raid instead, and a ship raid. Something fun. It’s like you don’t want to give us sandbox so here’s sandbox-lite, except “mandatory.” Boo

I was worried about a time suck but there's no way normal qualifies with our rosters.

Hard mode remains to be seen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    - 3 times Leader boost with GAS or Grievous was really fun. A uberbuffed R5 GAS sliced through R2 SEE like butter. It was also fun with Beskar Mando, even if mine wasn't geared up enough to really enjoy it

- A fun new data disk would allow to summon a character/turret or to gain some kind of "vehicule special skill" like we have in TB.

- I almost lost versus Nest because of the "remove tm" data disk. I was on the verge of time out and Vader saved the day. I removed those disks afterwards. I got smashed by the ewoks when I tried to take on them with a subpar team that would have done the job in a regular fight. Congrats murderbears !
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • I dig it. Give me more Galactic Conquest types of game modes rather than raids. I do not understand the allure of raids. They are boring punching bag competitions.

I find that the variety of opposing squads in Conquest is decent. They change up the squad composition to keep you looking. Even so, it could use still more variety. I feel like there were an awful lot of Phoenix, Padme, and Darth Revan to deal with in there.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett do the data disks stack? As in if I put multiple of the Vitality ones that increase health and protection do they stack up or just add to the base health and protection
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Mol_Eliza79 yes, they stack.
  • So far I like conquest and I like how data discs can really impact strategies and play styles. But aside from some interface improvements on how to handle them in your inventory I think you should remove the cost of changing them. It would be more fun to just play around with different setups, there’s already the energy cost of trying out a battle.
  • Does anyone know if you can stack data disks? If you can how does that impact it all? If you stack dread would that mean you get 50% max health damage or with leader resolve your lead would have 132% health and double the other numbers. This would also impact on how I am choosing my disks.
  • @Deathhead Yes, any effects from data disks stack.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Sparrow
    525 posts Member
    I would love to tell you what my favourite combination of data discs is but the interface is so terrible for sorting and selecting them that I literally don't play with it.

Please fix the interface so we don't have to memorize icons.

I am also assuming that the discs carry over from one event to the next? If this is the case then it would be really cool to get loadouts so we can swap them around easier.
  • The armor shred and healing immunity is great with dread and booming voice. The plague never goes away because it makes them drop below 100% health and gives the armor shred and locked healing immunity making it impossible for the plague to go way. Booming voice is just good with everything and i also ran the speed+evasion disk. Made very short work of the GLs, even though i only have 2mil gp
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Sparrow wrote: »
    I am also assuming that the discs carry over from one event to the next? If this is the case then it would be really cool to get loadouts so we can swap them around easier.

They don't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woolies: my favorite anti- Phoenix team so far
    nhd515g5j4pz.png
    Of course it's just a pet project of mine for fun that I have tried to find a use for, and so far this is it!
    Halfway through Sector 4 and still smashing Phoenix.

Upgraded Z and he is an absolute UNIT vs PS and turbo Ewoks in Sector 4. 7ac7ds2px07u.png

Throw rugs line of toons, brought to you by the Fett’s
  • I forget the name but there is one disk that gives the team stacking buffs in offense (30%) whenever my target falls below max health. And I beleive the trigger was not restricted to one target. So it turns nightsisters into monsters - a single MT AOE did around 920k to every single target - and this is in sector 5.

Not having seen hard mode yet but for normal mode this card is just overkill.
  • Binary
    50 posts Member
    Would love it if there was a consumable that would delete the pre-loaded turn meter trash you give to all the toons. i placed all my best speed mods on Moff Gideon with 100% stamina and it still got smoked off the start.

This is normal mode, pre loaded tm should have no place in this mode, it doesn't make it fun, it makes it infuriating. Also we need to know what stats the toons have that we go up against otherwise it's completely pointless attempting sometimes

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Binary wrote: »
    Would love it if there was a consumable that would delete the pre-loaded turn meter trash you give to all the toons. i placed all my best speed mods on Moff Gideon with 100% stamina and it still got smoked off the start.

This is normal mode, pre loaded tm should have no place in this mode, it doesn't make it fun, it makes it infuriating. Also we need to know what stats the toons have that we go up against otherwise it's completely pointless attempting sometimes

I haven't seen any preloaded TM so far, just pretty high speed. And I am about halfway through sector 5.
  • So I still haven't completed the event, because I realized that we could manage it without spending any crystals on energy, so why bother?

I'm not complaining about that, It think it's good that you don't require people to spend crystals to reach the end (assuming you win all or nearly all of your fights & don't mess around too long looking to accomplish feats). But...

...it does make me extra sensitive to the fact that we can't see our current GB:Conquest energy without tapping through multiple roadblocks and fully opening Conquest. I strongly feel we need a more accessible way of seeing how much energy is available. (especially since gaining 25 energy is the same as healing 10% stamina, so seeing the energy accrued also tells us the state of our teams).

Is there any way you can put the energy on the Cantina table the way you currently put the # of stars in each mode under cantina battles, fleet battles, & ls/ds battles? Or maybe there's another way to do this. If you're buying energy and blasting through, then maybe you're playing in a way that this isn't a problem for you, but playing smart means reusing your squads as often as you need them. I have a wide variety of teams that work. I can wait 12 hours & rack up 60 energy then go do 4 battles and have 4 great teams to do them, at least during Normal Mode. But smart strategy is to do 2 battles as soon as you have the energy, because then you're always able to use the team you need and you're never in a situation where either you're draining a ton of stamina at once or going without being able to use the ideal counter.

My point is that it's not just a matter of making sure you don't hit 144. There's actually strategy involed here, and if you can't display characters' stamina on the main screen (and you can't), then you need to display energy available on the main screen.