More ships

Prev1
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited March 2021
Could we maybe get enough ships in the game to utilize all our capital ships maybe? At the very least how about some more first order and resistance so those capital ships can finally have full teams....
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    All I want is a new meta. More ships or just a rework, whatever is needed for that to happen.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Agreed. Negotiator has only been the meta for about 1.5 years now.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I have a pet theory that Ships 3.0 might be on the way - for a long time, pretty much all new ships were just requirements for something (until RC, but that might be needed in some upcoming event). Then there are some recent odd occurences - RC suddenly has "hardware" instead of reinforcement ability in the kit release. A weird gold rectangle appears in battle next to reinforcements (or was it always there and I just didn't notice?). Almost as if they had a reason why not to add ships except when necessary, and some bits from a work in progress update slipped through...
    Could be just wishful thinking, though.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Separatists: HMP Droid Gunship (Support/Attacker)
    b0bc239fe0558058d421f40411392374.jpg
    Resistance: MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 (Tank)
    _600.jpg
    First Order: First Order TIE bomber (Tank)
    5rjnrtht36d3.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Wait, the cardboard box full of cartoon bombs is called "fortress"? That must be one of the biggest misnamings in Star Wars...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    I have a pet theory that Ships 3.0 might be on the way - for a long time, pretty much all new ships were just requirements for something (until RC, but that might be needed in some upcoming event). Then there are some recent odd occurences - RC suddenly has "hardware" instead of reinforcement ability in the kit release. A weird gold rectangle appears in battle next to reinforcements (or was it always there and I just didn't notice?). Almost as if they had a reason why not to add ships except when necessary, and some bits from a work in progress update slipped through...

My theory is that ships will get updated for the next anniversary update.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

My theory is that ships will get updated for the next anniversary update.

I sure hope it happens sooner...
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Can we get a way to manage fleet squads first, before they start adding a bunch of ships.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Either way, we deserve to know what the plan is for Ships, if there is any plan.
    Suggestions:
    New ships to round out unfilled factions
    Ships added to a new raid
    Ships added to Conquest
    Fleet arena payout increased to match Squad arena
    Fleet loadouts (I know it a long shot because of the coding or something((billion dollar game folks))
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Why do we deserve that lol.

Deserve's got nothing to do with it.
  • TVF wrote: »

if anything we "deserve" to have this game deleted.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You do know you have the ability to do that yourself :/
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Why don't we deserve it?
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

You do know you have the ability to do that yourself :/

ah, but I wont.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Why don't we deserve it?

Why do we?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Why don't we deserve it?

Why do we?

oh I dunno, maybe because we are customers and many of us have sank money into ships. Nothing that we have been told has happened to date.

Examples:
    With Galactic Challenges, players will be presented with new battles that provide the opportunity to utilize many parts of their character and ship roster in a fun and meaningful way.

APRIL 2020
    Q: With the Mandalorian coming to the game soon, can we also expect the addition of his ship the Razor Crest, and if so, are there any plans in the future for a larger bounty hunter fleet or a scoundrel fleet?
    A: CG_Miller - Bounty Hunters do have a lot of ships don't they? We're trying very hard to make sure that fleets contain ships within their own faction, but in some cases like Resistance there just isn't enough to go around. This isn't the case with Bounty Hunters so they are definitely a faction worthy of getting a "build around" unit.

Q: Are there plans to give us 8 full fleets worth of ships? There are currently 8 capital ships, but only 41 smaller ships. At the 7 smaller ships per fleet, we would need 56 ships to round this out. It might be a great opportunity to add value to generic pilots such as TFP and Resistance Pilot by giving them more than one ship to pilot. We need more ships and more opportunities to use ships in non-PVP modes.
    A: CG_Tophat - We're releasing all sorts of ships. We don't release ships to the idea of having x number of complete fleets. We release them in response to the meta to drive changes in the meta. My hope is that we have many full potential fleets in the future. Regarding more opportunities to use ships, agreed - we're looking into adding more defenses to GAC and we're working on creating some more spaces to play with them.

FEB2020
    Q: What was the thinking with Finalizer and Raddus? Are they to counter the arena meta? Used in TB battles? The new raid?
    A: CG_Miller - We see capital ships as the "leaders" of fleet battles. You need one for each fleet you intend to use beyond just Fleet Arena (so GAC and Territory Wars), and our goal is to get as many capital ships into the game as we can and worry less about where their meta placement ends up. The supporting ships in the fleet go a long way in shaking up the meta, so once we feel we've got a good handle on capital ships, we will start introducing new ones.

Q: While ships have gotten more capital ships lately to shake up the meta and develop some excitement, ships will undoubtedly fall into another lull. What sort of features or changes are you bringing to make this an exciting game mode?
    A: CG_SvenGG - This ties into some of my other answers, but we're working on new game modes that would make all unit types exciting.

Q: QoL questions! 1. When can we expect a Squadron button like the Squad button? Lotta ships now to put into different teams and this would help a lot in saving time. 2. Can we get more simming of existing events, especially ones that have multiple waves (Secrets and Shadows, Rebel Roundup, etc.). Like if we beat them 5 or 10 times, or earn 3*, can we sim them in the future? Thank you!
    A: CG_SvenGG - Introducing fleet management with functionality comparable to squad management is definitely something on our radar that we'd like to schedule for development as soon as possible. We've been thinking about the best way to decrease the time commitment we ask of players for content they are able to clear with trivial effort. Ultimately, that has led to the realization that we need a holistic approach to time-saving for players so that we can continue to add new content to the game without exacerbating the commitment players feel they have to make each day.

So yes, I think we deserve to know what the plan is going forward with ships.

What is you case against us not deserving it?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Deserve is a strong word, shrug. I don't care what they tell us. It's always subject to change, as you can see above. I only care when it actually happens.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Deserve is a strong word, shrug. I don't care what they tell us. It's always subject to change, as you can see above. I only care when it actually happens.

I can agree with that. The above is why a strong word is necessary.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Neither deserve nor necessary are correct lol.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Unrelated to the topic at hand but.......

Q: Can we get more simming of existing events, especially ones that have multiple waves (Secrets and Shadows, Rebel Roundup, etc.). Like if we beat them 5 or 10 times, or earn 3*, can we sim them in the future? Thank you!

A: CG_SvenGG - We've been thinking about the best way to decrease the time commitment we ask of players for content they are able to clear with trivial effort. Ultimately, that has led to the realization that we need a holistic approach to time-saving for players so that we can continue to add new content to the game without exacerbating the commitment players feel they have to make each day.

My Q&A question from one of the first Q&As (that I have since modified and continued to ask during every Q&A since) Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, when somebody asked for this very QOL update, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

A: <silence>
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

anecdotal
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Unrelated to the topic at hand but.......

Q: Can we get more simming of existing events, especially ones that have multiple waves (Secrets and Shadows, Rebel Roundup, etc.). Like if we beat them 5 or 10 times, or earn 3*, can we sim them in the future? Thank you!

A: CG_SvenGG - We've been thinking about the best way to decrease the time commitment we ask of players for content they are able to clear with trivial effort. Ultimately, that has led to the realization that we need a holistic approach to time-saving for players so that we can continue to add new content to the game without exacerbating the commitment players feel they have to make each day.

My Q&A question from one of the first Q&As (that I have since modified and continued to ask during every Q&A since) Some battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in are starting to get tedious. All of the eight round assault battles come to mind. Are there any plans to allow us to sim ALL battles that we have already achieved 3 stars in? Over a year ago, when somebody asked for this very QOL update, you said you were going to take a "holistic approach to time-saving" but since then, you have made these battles take even more time by adding additional tiers to the events. Can you please explain the contradiction?

A: <silence>

While I agree with you, Im confused as to why you posted it in a ship thread.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

TVF posted all those Q&As about ships and the second half of one of questions mentioned the assault battles. One of my pet peeves. Why can't we sim these battles that we have beaten a hundred times by now. Like I said, unrelated to the topic at hand.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

TVF posted all those Q&As about ships and the second half of one of questions mentioned the assault battles. One of my pet peeves. Why can't we sim these battles that we have beaten a hundred times by now. Like I said, unrelated to the topic at hand.
    Check again. It wasn’t TVF that pasted those Q&As
  • Check again. It wasn’t TVF that pasted those Q&As

You are technically correct. The best kind of correct.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

anecdotal

As is yours.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

anecdotal

As is yours.

Agreed

You never made your case though. Why don't we, as a player base, deserve to know the plan for ships?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Sigh, I did. Moving on.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Sigh, I did. Moving on.

None of these are a case for why you think we don't deserve to know, but then again, I really didn't expect you to back up your opinion. As you said...moving on.....sigh.
  • is all this arguing really necessary?