3rd mando..? [Speculation]

Prev1
Jack1210
771 posts Member
edited March 2021
So it has been datamined we are getting another mando and bo katan. Pumped for Bo, but my goodness do we really need another mando? This is getting out of hand...
What are other's thoughts on this?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    So it has been datamined we are getting another mando and bo katan. Pumped for Bo, but my goodness do we really need another mando? This is getting out of hand...

Source?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • What do you think? Will we get another legendary of mando in that short time or even GL? Would be plausible with all the new mando toons especially dark trooper and the missing grogu..
  • I don't think so. Mando is really popular, but giving us three different versions of him in the span of a calendar year just seems really heavy-handed. Plus we haven't even seen Din wield the darksaber yet, so I don't know what CG would be basing the abilities of a darksaber Mando on.

If we are getting a darksaber Mando, I'd probably be expecting it after season 3 comes and we find out where the storyline is actually going. My (not very educated) guess is that we're going to get Grogu back in the same update as a Bo-Katan marquee or other type of event.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Source?

Ahnaldts new video and seems to be some chatter on reddit now.
  • I don't think so. Mando is really popular, but giving us three different versions of him in the span of a calendar year just seems really heavy-handed. Plus we haven't even seen Din wield the darksaber yet, so I don't know what CG would be basing the abilities of a darksaber Mando on.

If we are getting a darksaber Mando, I'd probably be expecting it after season 3 comes and we find out where the storyline is actually going. My (not very educated) guess is that we're going to get Grogu back in the same update as a Bo-Katan marquee or other type of event.

Haha I wish you were right about them waiting... Looks like a 3rd has been datamined.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Beskar Spear Mando seems more reasonable than Darksaber Mando. That or maybe "Krait Reflux Mando"? Either way, it does seem like it's a bit too much too soon....
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    I don't think so. Mando is really popular, but giving us three different versions of him in the span of a calendar year just seems really heavy-handed. Plus we haven't even seen Din wield the darksaber yet, so I don't know what CG would be basing the abilities of a darksaber Mando on.

Haha I wish you were right about them waiting... Looks like a 3rd has been datamined.

A third hasn't been datamined.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

Source?

So did you see the question mark in the video title indicating that it's the usual youtuber speculation clickbait stuff.

Source on the "chatter on reddit"?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Is this a rumor or a speculation?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I don't think so. Mando is really popular, but giving us three different versions of him in the span of a calendar year just seems really heavy-handed. Plus we haven't even seen Din wield the darksaber yet, so I don't know what CG would be basing the abilities of a darksaber Mando on.

Has he? There is nothing at the SWGOH events discord server where all the datamines usually show up.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Has he? There is nothing at the SWGOH events discord server where all the datamines usually show up.

But he's seen an Arhnald video about it so it must be true.....
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Heard a rumor about a free pack for everyone with 500 of each gear. It was on the internet so its true
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Heard a rumor about a free pack for everyone with 500 of each gear. It was on the internet so its true
    Do you have a link I could click on so I don’t miss this one time opportunity ?
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    MikKro wrote: »
    Do you have a link I could click on so I don’t miss this one time opportunity ?

Sure do! Real Pack!
    Dont forget to like and sub!
  • Tuareg111 wrote: »
    What do you think? Will we get another legendary of mando in that short time or even GL? Would be plausible with all the new mando toons especially dark trooper and the missing grogu.

maybe
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

Source?

Just as well posting wild and unverified speculation isn’t a known and common trick used by YouTubers to attract clicks.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    General Pryde was apparently datamined months ago so where is he?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • A third mando is likely but not yet surely its too soon
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    A third mando is likely but not yet surely its too soon

Not sure it's too soon.
    izoo9qbh90hp.gif

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    We will likely get one in the future, but hopefully a year or so down the road. I have nothing against the Mandalorian, but nothing from the show has not reached the point where it is worthy of a GL in my opinion.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I would be down for a Bo Katan Epic Confrontation event, but I hope no more Mandos (Din Djarin) for at least another 6 months.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    I would be down for a Bo Katan Epic Confrontation event, but I hope no more Mandos (Din Djarin) for at least another 6 months.

I do think we will see a Mando Legendary, but Bo Katan does not match the levels of Malak or GAS in terms of importance to the story or demand. I could see Bo Katan being a Bastilla-level marquee character that is practically required to complete it for Satine Kryze with the payoff being Satine required for a GL Kenobi.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

I do think we will see a Mando Legendary, but Bo Katan does not match the levels of Malak or GAS in terms of importance to the story or demand. I could see Bo Katan being a Bastilla-level marquee character that is practically required to complete it for Satine Kryze with the payoff being Satine required for a GL Kenobi.

Yeah, I suppose I agree with you on power levels, but I guess I am hoping for a more cinematic event than another simple Marquee event. I think Bo Katan could fit into a legendary type event.

As much as I hope we are 6 months from another Din, I also hope they wait another 2-3 months for new GLs.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

LOLOL. Abilities with the nightowl signet have been found. A character with the mando tag that has the darksaber has also been datamined......
  • FerociousPanda
    419 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    UdalCuain wrote: »

A character with the mando tag that has the darksaber has also been datamined......

Do you have a source for this? I've seen the datamine for the Nite-Owl ability icon, but there's absolutely nothing about a character with the darksaber aside from people claiming so in this thread

Edit: by "people claiming so in this thread" I mean you're literally the only one saying it
  • It was just ahanld doing a speculation video. Not a a guarantee datamine. Still nice to see theories imo even if it's click bait. Don't take it for fact though, don't get over hyped for it, just speculated and see.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Data mine or not, I doubt we’ll see a new Mando toon until Season 3 airs.

Bo Katan is welcomed, but a new form of Mando seems overkill. And if it’s a GL mando then who’s the darkside? Moff Gideon is out of the question seeing we just got him recently. I can’t see who else would take over the darkside GL slot.

It’s too soon for a new Mando.

If we ever get a GL Mando, it’ll be when the final season airs, not before. Sure he’s very popular but in my eyes he isn’t GL worthy.
  • Stormtrooper Ezra GL, Must have.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Data mine or not, I doubt we’ll see a new Mando toon until Season 3 airs.

Bo Katan is welcomed, but a new form of Mando seems overkill. And if it’s a GL mando then who’s the darkside? Moff Gideon is out of the question seeing we just got him recently. I can’t see who else would take over the darkside GL slot.

It’s too soon for a new Mando.

If we ever get a GL Mando, it’ll be when the final season airs, not before. Sure he’s very popular but in my eyes he isn’t GL worthy.

Don't worry there hasn't been a datamine of a new Mando, it's just OP claiming so and then ignoring everyone who asks for a source on the "datamine"
  • Jack1210 wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »

LOLOL. Abilities with the nightowl signet have been found. A character with the mando tag that has the darksaber has also been datamined......

We have a mando tag char with darksaber now, her name is Sabine Wren.