Conquest hard mode

Prev13456789
So who’s going to do hard mode this time? And what’s your GP? I’m doing it with a flat 4 mil, and I think I’ll get smacked. But it will be interesting to see how the difficulty is.

Replies

• I'm going to give it a go. I have a GL (SEE) and it may be that I'm far more reliant on a smaller pool of characters than I used for the normal version. As such, I'd imagine progress will be slower but I'm definitely going to give it a try.

I'm at 5 Mill GP by the way.
  • It’ll be interesting to see how hard it is
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    5.5 with JML on the way to SLKR. I think it will be challenging, but I do anticipate earning the 1st crate.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    6.8m gp, 2 gls. Certainly gonna try this. I don't expect to max it, but it's gonna be more enjoyable for me as normal was a cake walk.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    5.5 with JML on the way to SLKR. I think it will be challenging, but I do anticipate earning the 1st crate.

Optimist, are we? xD
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

Optimist, are we? xD

😂
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think anyone who qualifies and got max rewards from normal should give it a try. Getting the first crate in 2 weeks should be absolutely doable. It's also free/extra so there is not much loss.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    My thinking is: The first two sectors will be difficult as you start with zero data disks. Once you get clear of those two sectors, you should have some good or half decent data disks then go back and clean up the first two sectors feats or carry on and try to reach s5. I reckon that my SLKR, Padme, and CLS teams will do most of the hard work, and with good RNG when it comes to datadisks and boost my G12 roster’s power.

It starts at R4. So G12 toons may struggle without good data disks.

I’m hoping to reach T3 chest rewards, minimum. Anything better is a bonus.
  • MaglorC
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    i'm not sure if I can handle Hard Mode with my roster. Only got 3.5m GP & got max rewards on normal mode.
    Though, the first crate is as good as the max crate in Normal mode
    Choices, choices, choices
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    I think anyone who qualifies and got max rewards from normal should give it a try. Getting the first crate in 2 weeks should be absolutely doable. It's also free/extra so there is not much loss.

I don’t quite share this view that “anyone” should try hard mode (qualify and reaching max reward on normal implied). The data disks were numerous upon reaching sector 4 & 5 and could be a big part of the success for many players in the normal mode. Without these disks some of the players could struggle quite a bit even though they reached max crate in Normal. I don’t want anyone to come back and say, “I tried hard and it is ridiculous and I cannot even earn a crate. Thanks a lot Kyno!” No one knows yet what the tuning will be for the event so it could be a difficult choice for some. That said, I do believe GL owners “should” be fine to try hard.

For those on the fence between Normal & Hard: with 2 weeks to compete in it, maybe wait just a bit (maybe a day) before deciding which mode you want to try. Ask your guildmates, check out some videos from other players etc. I offer this advice because I want the player base to maximize the rewards earned. While this event may be “free,” falling behind on rewards will still be detrimental for you in the long run and your enjoyment of the game will go down from such “failure.”
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    My thinking is: The first two sectors will be difficult as you start with zero data disks. Once you get clear of those two sectors, you should have some good or half decent data disks then go back and clean up the first two sectors feats or carry on and try to reach s5. I reckon that my SLKR, Padme, and CLS teams will do most of the hard work, and with good RNG when it comes to datadisks and boost my G12 roster’s power.

Don’t we keep last conquest data disks we didn’t use?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »

Data disks and consumables are reset to 0.
  • With 3.5m you cannot enter hard mode, you need 4m minimum.
  • Konju wrote: »
    Spharynx01 wrote: »

Data disks and consumables are reset to 0.

This.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    MaglorC wrote: »
    i'm not sure if I can handle Hard Mode with my roster. Only got 3.5m GP & got max rewards on normal mode.

I think you need 4m GP minimum to be able to join hard mode. Not 100% sure as it may be just a recommendation.

Personally I think the limit based on GP is stupid. I doubt you would be able to use over half, maybe three quarters at a push of your whole GP roster. I for one, wouldn’t be using my G9 Phoenix team for example. I doubt all of 4m of most players would be meta or useful, and you don’t even use ships.
  • I have 4 mil but a pretty stacked roster, hoping to get 2 crate
  • I'll try hard mode. If I get the first crate or better, I'll keep doing it in the future. If I can't, next time I'll go back to normal. So I'm taking this one as a test.
    5M gp approximately.
  • I'll try hard mode. If I get the first crate or better, I'll keep doing it in the future. If I can't, next time I'll go back to normal. So I'm taking this one as a test.
    5M gp approximately.

The rewards from hard first crate is better than what you get with the final normal crate.

I think you need 4m GP minimum to be able to join hard mode. Not 100% sure as it may be just a recommendation.

Personally I think the limit based on GP is stupid. I doubt you would be able to use over half, maybe three quarters at a push of your whole GP roster. I for one, wouldn’t be using my G9 Phoenix team for example. I doubt all of 4m of most players would be meta or useful, and you don’t even use ships.

Ah even better then. No choice to make here. I will just have fun with the normal mode then :)
  • Twi
    209 posts Member

Dont mention ships... It might give CG ideas about adding them into conquest...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Twi wrote: »

Yes please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Twi wrote: »

Why shouldn't they be? If Conquest is designed to be a test/use of our full roster, it would make sense that it include our entire roster.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It’s a little funny the reward is a ship when you don’t use ships
  • Kyno wrote: »

I've forgotten the rewards breakdown, is tier 1 crate on hard better than max rewards on normal?
  • is there still a GP minimum of 4 mil to be able to do hard mode? I am at 3.7 mil and had no issues getting full rewards on Normal and I have some strong teams including a GL
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I've forgotten the rewards breakdown, is tier 1 crate on hard better than max rewards on normal?

It's basically the same with some more credits - T2 on hard mode is where it actually gets better.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Drakkaan wrote: »
    is there still a GP minimum of 4 mil to be able to do hard mode? I am at 3.7 mil and had no issues getting full rewards on Normal and I have some strong teams including a GL

Yes there is
  • Drakkaan wrote: »
    is there still a GP minimum of 4 mil to be able to do hard mode? I am at 3.7 mil and had no issues getting full rewards on Normal and I have some strong teams including a GL

I would try to see if you are close to any upgrades and/or ship promotions. I was 3.9 and got myself to 4.1 just with available upgrades.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Drakkaan wrote: »

I would try to see if you are close to any upgrades and/or ship promotions. I was 3.9 and got myself to 4.1 just with available upgrades.

Your move did not have GAC implications like it would for Drakkaan. Currently they are Div 3 (below 3.8M), but would bump up to Div 2. Just a thought. Definitely move as you see fit @Drakkaan

Pretty sure its a 3 mil req and a 4 mil recommendation.