Newish Player (Level 68) needs some sort of guidance

Replies

• TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    6, not 8
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • It's possible that I'm remembering old information, but there was a time when unlocking the event required 8 x 5* ships. Maybe it's different now.
  • It's possible that I'm remembering old information, but there was a time when unlocking the event required 8 x 5* ships. Maybe it's different now.

Different probs. Done it recently, that's how I know. And 6 6* ships for the final tier (for ship omegas)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Yes, a couple of years ago the requirement was 8 (not 6)non-capital ships at 5*. I have no idea when the requirements were changed, but my guess is, that it happened when the final tier was added (just a guess).
  • Nec_Azares
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I read something about changes with some kind of ship update. Maybe last year?

Should I now just keep trying to get as much FO as possible, or should I try to get KRU up - Silencer is 2 star rn.

Vulture droid will be a hard one too, because shards dropping so crappy

Another thing:
    Should I still keep my GET I? I am at 9k now.

Got my first Wat shards though 😉
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nec_Azares wrote: »
    I read something about changes with some kind of ship update. Maybe last year?

Should I now just keep trying to get as much FO as possible, or should I try to get KRU up - Silencer is 2 star rn.

Vulture droid will be a hard one too, because shards dropping so crappy

Another thing:
    Should I still keep my GET I? I am at 9k now.

Got my first Wat shards though 😉

Definitely save all you GET until you have enough to 7* Hermit Yoda, Wampa, Malak and GAS. You will need A Lot of GET (over 200k) for that and once your guild moves to Geonisis from Hoth your GET income will decrease significantly.

You won't need a full FO team until you want to unlock BB8. However, KRU+Silencer are strong for fleet arena early on so you should farm that node unless it interferes with more important cantina farms.
  • Waqui:
    Yes, a couple of years ago the requirement was 8 (not 6)non-capital ships at 5*.

Thanks, Waqui. Nice to know I'm not crazy.

So I guess all you need are 5x 4* dark side for the Executrix upgrade, then 5x 5* any side for the battle.

I still recommend dropping purchases of Spy & Soldier's ships in GW Store & focussing on FO TIE until you upgrade Executrix (so you might stop when FO TIE hits 4*, but you might not, see below).

Keep pushing on Sun Fac's ship (with that 2k in the bank that's only used for SF).

Once FO TIE hits 4*, then make a decision: if you have any TWO other ships that can hit 5* faster than FO TIE, work on those and drop purchasing FO TIE. But more likely from what I've seen on your SWGOH page, you'll add back in some purchases of Ahsoka to get her ship up to the 5* minimum while continuing to buy FO TIE blueprints. GW is simply the fastest source of blueprints, and Ahsoka is incredibly common there while FO TIE is common enough, but requires slightly more careful farming than Ahsoka.

But if you stop once you have Ahsoka at 5* and go all in on SF and FO TIE, you'll get FO TIE to 5* fairly quickly.

TIE Silencer is not needed for this event. It's a good ship, but you already have a Cantina plan, so I would trust the plan.

Remember: it's not that we couldn't have made an equally good plan that prioritized KRU & TIE Silencer, but we talked about your goals & made the plan with an eye to your long term goals (like Padmé & Revan). If every time you run into some difficulty you change your short term strategy, you will never meet your long term goals. This game takes such a long time to get anywhere that that's a recipe for frustration.

It looks like you probably won't have the Zeta challenge on farm from day one, but that's not a failure of your current plan, that's something that really needed to benefit from a plan when you were level 43, the first level you could farm they Hyena bomber. If that was in your regular rotation since L43, you would already have it 5* by now, and if you had saved GW currency between level 50 when GW opens & level 60 when ships become available, you could have purchased 10 levels of ships in the first couple days and been way ahead of where you are now.

Your plan isn't failing you, you're just reaching the limits of what you can do without a plan in your early days of the game, when you were feeling things out. But don't panic now - that would be learning the wrong lesson. If anything you should take away from this that the long term plans need your focus because if you stick with them, there will come the day when you gain access to important characters or resources before your competitors, and that's when things will really take off.

Ultimately you'll make up the difference between where you might have been with a plan at level 40 and where you get by starting to plan at level 70. Right now I have 300 zeta materials sitting around with no good uses for them. Things are different early. I wish I could give you 100 zeta materials because those first couple zetas make a monster difference... but the difference will slowly decline over time.

So don't panic. Trust the plan. The plan was always to use GW store to get ships quickly for the zeta challenge, we're just switching up which ships. The rest will sort itself out in a couple weeks.

In the meantime, you have a long term plan for Cantina nodes & a long term plan for Regular Energy nodes, don't let yourself get off track there for something that will be sorted with 2 good weeks of work in the GW store.
  • I think I started thinking about Zeta Mats around level 50-55? But I didn't know the exact numbers as said above and some videos were outdated - so the struggle started, with what to farm when. I did a little bit of Silencer, even some Tie Bomber shards and so on, but didn't get a lot of information (that should have been the moment, when I should have showed up here and ask actively instead of only reading)

The importance of the long term plan is settled in my head ;) I was just thinking about putting the Cantina refreshes to KRU instead of Phoenix - delaying Thrawn a few days. But came to the results, that this won't be enough to get Silencer high enough.

Hyena Bomber is only available at Level 76 btw.
    My Imperial TIE and the FO Tie are nearly at the same level - also in shards:
    ITF at 19/15 for 2 star and FO at 7/15 for 2 star - maybe that is a relevant information

Ahsokas ship though is something on the good side - I threw in some shards of her now and then, without limiting the Geo farm, so that she is on 52/65 for 5* already, which won't be too hard to do while focussing on the other things.

The only problem is, that I'm far away from simming GW (15/50) and I regularyly finish it, but also have days, where I am failing. So at the moment I have only 1000 tokens in reserve.
    Fleet tokens, I am able to save 2k and more constantly, only dropping below, when I'm lucky to get X1/Slave 1, Vader and maybe SF and a GG or something else in the next refresh. Which happens sometimes too
  • Hyena Bomber is only available at Level 76 btw.

Maybe I was thinking about Vulture.
  • Hyena Bomber is only available at Level 76 btw.

Maybe I was thinking about Vulture.

Yup. You were. I did the same once and you corrected me. Guess it's come full circle now.
  • So I just hit 78 - and have either 2,3 or 6 days to start the first Zeta Challenge.

I believe I also can't do the Executrix 5* for now
  • You'll get there.
  • Nec_Azares
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Any Gear priority recommendations for now?

Can put Nute to 9
    Soldier and Poggle should get 9 relatively easy

My Jedi Team is G7 except Ahsoka

Tarkin is G8
    Vader and Boba are G7

Jango is G4 - don't know if I should already start investing into him
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Sun Fac => g10 is top priority, so put things on that you can, & save up the things that Sun Fac can't equip yet because of level.

After that?
    Nute first, Soldier 2nd.

I like Bastila for 3rd priority, though I'm sure opinions might differ.

Tarkin to g9 is 4th priority, then Jango => g7 is 5th.

GMY & Vader => g8 should come soon.

Dengar => g7 soon as well.

By the time you get all that, you'll probably need to g10 Spy.

Anyway, that's my opinion.
  • Nute, Soldier and Bastila were my thoughts so far

SF moved out of focus since I got him g9, so thanks for reminding me, that he's still high priority
  • Quick update:

SF only needs the 50 thermal detonators, which I can't equip yet - need Lvl 80, so I can farm them until then
    Every other piece is now euipped.
    Nute and Soldier are done too, because I already had the pieces

Bastila now needs the 20 Holoprojectors for g8 and is done then

Tarkin needs 3 more pieces and I will look to get Jango up without interfering as far as I can
  • That's great stuff!
  • Things are stepping up

Saved up between 3k and 3.5k GW Tokens so I'm pretty safe hitting the rare ships, when they show up. Lately there was a lack of FO Tie, but yeah, as you said - I will get to the Zeta farming soon

I am in a pretty good spot getting Padme and JKR as soon as I hit 85, I think.

A question regarding sidegoals though:

My Phoenix Farm is going well
    Ezra is done, so Cantina rebuys go to Hera now
    Chopper is constantly stepping up
    Kanan is no problem (helped me getting GMY to 6* now)

Question is between Zeb and Sabine
    I already have Sabine 4* from the daily logins and I have 0 Zeb shards
    my GW tokens all go to ships - I think for a long time.
    Should I throw in Sabines node to get her to 5* and unlock Thrawn (I heard Thrawn at 5* is a good help for Empire Teams, like GMY was for my Jedi)

Right now the hard nodes are:
    JKA
    Jolee
    Zalbaar
    Jango/HT
    Vulture

then I do the Wicket node for Stun Guns, and Snowtrooper/Finn for the Carbanti and Syringe and after that I throw in some needed Gear farms like Holoprojector for Bastila or Thermals for SF
    Maybe I can do the Sabine node too, but don't know how much it will set me back regarding gear, or is there something more important?
  • I like the plan of going for Sabine shards. How many shards away from 5* are you?

You can finish Zeb ridiculously quickly once you have your fleet goals met, so you don't even need to stick with her if you don't want. At least not in the short term - Zeb will be 7* before Sabine, and the difference between a 6* Thrawn & a 5* Thrawn is minimal, so I would probably take Sabine to 5* then leave her alone for a while if the gear is important to you.

The average number of Sabine shards should be 3/day (obviously getting 3/day is not possible, but that's the mean). While it depends on the exact number of shards you need, somewhere around 10 days of Sabine might get you there. Just divide the shards needed by 3 to get the number of days of reduced gear farming. Since purple gear actually drops less often than shards - and since they aren't doubled, the number of gear salvage you will forgo per Sabine shard collected is 1 salvage per 2.5 to 3 Sabine shards. Even if you're 50 shards away, that's only 20 salvage (or less) total. I think that's something you can spend in order to gain early access to Thrawn.
  • Sabine is 8/65 rn

Hera will be good soon too - so I think I will get Sabine to 5* for Thrawn unlock.
    After that I think I will have a lot of work with GBA, getting teams and fleet(s) on par etc.
    Then I'm in a good spot for GAC, TB and other content and can skyrocket to getting Zeb to 7* and Thrawn to 7* in the matter
  • Hello fellow mentors

I'm hitting Lvl80 now soon - SF will not instantly be G10 but he will be around 10 pieces of Thermals off

Few questions about some investment thoughts:
    With Lvl80 I will give Nute the Omega for his Leader. That will be my first Omega, because I have been very greedy with them ;)
    Any other recommendations, which Omegas are needed the most?

I unlocked Palps at 5* for now, with a core Phoenix/Rebel Team
    R2 is not unlockable for now, because I just didn't invest a lot in Empire Chars out of Tarkinand Vader
    I also did not invest a lot into Phoenix so far - only Ezra is on par, because he is in my Jedi team.
    My Geos are on a good way and so are my Jedi - the gear upgrades are getting slower for now and with Jedi, they are around G7, because of your recommendations before.
    So far GW is at 99.9% finishing rate and it ups the "simable" counter (22/50)

So what investments are needed and how far should I go with Phoenix/Empire/(Bounty Hunters)
    I know, at around 83 I should keep a lot of credits and mats to get GBA on par with the team, this is what I am counting in for now, so I am very conservative with spending anything else than improving my Geos, Jedi or Fleet chars.

Fleet frustrates a bit - I managed to 5* Executrix, but I just don't get enough Vulture Shards, so that's slowing me down. I just recall your words @MasterSeedy that I will may be behind 2 weeks of Zeta farming, but it will add up later ;) So that keeps me from getting angry (anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ;))

So any small improvements you can share with me, will be helpful again :)
  • Nec_Azares wrote: »
    Hello fellow mentors

I'm hitting Lvl80 now soon - SF will not instantly be G10 but he will be around 10 pieces of Thermals off

Few questions about some investment thoughts:
    With Lvl80 I will give Nute the Omega for his Leader. That will be my first Omega, because I have been very greedy with them ;)
    Any other recommendations, which Omegas are needed the most?

I unlocked Palps at 5* for now, with a core Phoenix/Rebel Team
    R2 is not unlockable for now, because I just didn't invest a lot in Empire Chars out of Tarkinand Vader
    I also did not invest a lot into Phoenix so far - only Ezra is on par, because he is in my Jedi team.
    My Geos are on a good way and so are my Jedi - the gear upgrades are getting slower for now and with Jedi, they are around G7, because of your recommendations before.
    So far GW is at 99.9% finishing rate and it ups the "simable" counter (22/50)

So what investments are needed and how far should I go with Phoenix/Empire/(Bounty Hunters)
    I know, at around 83 I should keep a lot of credits and mats to get GBA on par with the team, this is what I am counting in for now, so I am very conservative with spending anything else than improving my Geos, Jedi or Fleet chars.

Fleet frustrates a bit - I managed to 5* Executrix, but I just don't get enough Vulture Shards, so that's slowing me down. I just recall your words @MasterSeedy that I will may be behind 2 weeks of Zeta farming, but it will add up later ;) So that keeps me from getting angry (anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ;))

So any small improvements you can share with me, will be helpful again :)

Great work so far. I think that you're doing well atm. Nute L Omega is rlly helpful. Also, can you tell me the exact amount of extra shards on Bastila, JKA, Jolee, Kanan, Mission, Zaalbar, and T3.

Also, for reminder, what are your current farms (stores and energy)?
  • Bastila: 82/100
    JKA: 26/100
    Jolee: 41/85
    T3: 67/85
    Zalbaar: 59/85
    Mission: 60/65
    Kanan: 100/100

Farms:
    Cantina: Mission (Hera with 1-2 rebuys a day)
    Cantina Store: Chopper (50/100)

Hard Nodes:
    JKA
    Jolee
    Zalbaar
    Vulture
    Jango/HT
    surplus energy goes to Sabine until 5*, Wicket/Stun Guns, SnowTrooper/Carbanti and gear thats needed

Fleet Battles:
    Bastila
    Zalbaar
    JKA

Fleet Store:
    Vader
    TAX1
    Grievious
    Slave 1
    Saving 2k and adding the plus to SF ship, Geo Ships and FO Tie

GW:
    Geo Ships and FO Tie saved 3k+ atm

Squad Arena:
    Kanan finished maybe Leia or StHan next

Guild Store:
    Logray (30 more shards)
    Dengar finished
    Starck finished
  • Oooh, I love that you have Dengar &Starck finished. That's excellent. I'll go back & check the Squad Arena store to see if there's anything there that would work for Padmé's squad so you don't miss that. If there isn't, then, yeah, Leia & STHan are needed for CLS, so that would be good to work on.

Logray looks great for your level.

You're doing everything right in the GW Store & nice to know you're at a 99% completion rate in GW. THat's tricky - when you first start GW they give you these really easy teams, but around your current level, you start seeing zeta squads (because nodes 9, 11, & 12 always have enemies that exceed your current level until you hit level 85), and one leadership zeta can make a world of difference, so trying to tackle it now can be rough. In fact, there's usually a patch from level 65 or so to level 82 (when you get YOUR first zetas to fight back in the zeta war) where GW is a lot harder to finish than it was when you first access it. Finishing it regularly at level 79/80 can be a rough fight. It speaks well of you that you're winning.

More later...
  • BTW:

This is fine. There's only so much you can do with your resources (meaning anyone not you personally) and you're much better off knowing when something is outside of priorities & sticking with your priorities.

Kanan, though, also is a Jedi. Since that makes him someone you can swap in on your Jedi team, when you get to the point where you're ready to upgrade Phoenix, start with him, since he's got things he can do without the rest of Phoenix being done. When breaking the priority tie between two toons to decide which one gets the next bit of resources, a good tiebreaker is to favor the toon that has multiple roles, not just one important one. Now, that's only when there's a tie, mind you, like between Kanan & Zeb or Chopper. Kanan vs. CLS is not a tie, so that rule doesn't come into effect.

On to the Squad Arena store question:

Things that are needed and/or preferable to have long-term which are available in Squad Arena store:

Tarkin
    Nute Gunray
    Kanan

Cassian
    Leia
    Ventress
    Hk-47
    Ackbar
    IG-88
    STHan
    Sidius

(The order is mostly top to bottom of store slots, it's not an indication of priority)

Now, Cassian is needed medium-term for Rogue 1-only missions in Hoth TB. He's not needed but he's **very** helpful long-term in fleet. But that's medium & long term, there's no short term need for Cassian.

Leia is needed medium term for CLS and for synergy with Rogue 1 when you're still assembling the R1 squad (they get bonuses for buffs under Jyn's lead, and Leia buffs anyone she's with pretty relentlessly). She's also just a good early toon for offense, which means she has high utility over the next 6 months before your competition simply gets access to more legendary & journey toons that outpace her utility. At the very endgame she's useful for JML's requirements, but that's too far away to help you make your decision now. If it was just a matter of JML you would put her off for more than a year.

Ventress is ... complicated. She can fit with Separatists, which you have, and can help with Padmé, but you already have a separatist team that will be getting you Padmé, and her other main use, with NightSisters, is quite a ways off. The upshot is that she's really useful only in the right team, and her teammates aren't ready for her, so she's at a priority of medium-to-long.

HK is only used for Darth Revan. When you're ready to go for him, he'll be faster than other Revan requirements, so you're fine for now. But since the Revans are in your medium plan, he's medium term, not long.

Ackbar is your fleet commander for your 2nd fleet. You need one as soon as you start playing Grand Arena, since you have to have 1 fleet on defense & one on offense. Ackbar is someone that you'd like to have 7* as soon as you hit level 85, but the penalty for not accomplishing that is fairly minor at this stage. So put him down as short-to-medium instead of just short. (Or "short term, but less important than any other short term character").

IG-88 is a great long-term toon for your goals. YOu're putting together a Separatist/droid fleet, and when you have Hyena bomber any droid ship provides Hyena passive bonuses, even if the ship is still waiting in your reinforcement queue. So you want a 7-star IG-2000 as soon as you have Hyena Bomber in your fleet, whenever that is. Judge priority for IG-2k by that. IG-88 as the pilot f IG-2k is needed unlocked to unlock IG-2k, but isn't needed to be highly geared. It doesn't even need to be highly starred. So unlocking is a short-to-med term priority, but 7-stars is only a med-to-long term priority. Even for getting Chewbacca it's only the ship that needs to be 7*, not the pilot. And since 2k is the least important ship in that fleet, I wouldn't worry about anything more than unlocking IG-88 right now.

STHan is an incredible toon in the right context, but that context is very, very niche. As a result this could be a character to skip entirely if he wasn't required for CLS. So his importance is just tied to when you're going for CLS.

Sidius is ... a bad toon whose only use is as a requirement for SEE. Put him off for a year or more.

Taking all this into account, your priority list probably looks something like this:
    1. Princess Leia Organa
    2. Unlock IG-88
    3. Cassian if not going after CLS right away (and I think you won't, since R2 is still a way off)
    4. STHan (or Cassian, if you did STHan right away for CLS)
    5. Ackbar or HK-47 (if going for Revan by that point)
    6. Ventress or HK-47 (again, if the time is right for Revan)
    7. HK-47 if you haven't done it earlier
    8. IG-88 => 7*
    9. Sidius

• Ventress and Daka are done too so far
    though the NS Squad will take a much longer time, it's not too bad I think - Ventress may be put into some Separatist Squad, when I get GBA. Maybe just a low priority weakener Squad for GW or 5th or 6th Squad for GAC, will see.
    May mix her with Nute, Dooku, Magna and maybe Grievious or Jango (as long as BH are not on the way)

I did 7* Dooku because I had that much excess shards, and I really was able to buy a pretty bunch of Stun Guns with those shards, and it really didn't hurt me

Yesterday GW hurt a bit, because I faced a CLS Team on the last node - and in the end Luke and Leia were left and they just melted everything - especially Leia being a PITA with millions of bonus attacks :/

So far I see that R2 will need it's time too - The Empire team with Vader/Tarkin/Palps/Starck/Snow may work for him, but Starck is without investment and Palpatine is only 5* (Snowtrooper is nearly finished though, because of bronzium shards)

So far my plan, written down:

Geos with GBA for getting Padme - Padme's team (Ahsoka, JKA, GK, R2/3Po)
    Old Republic for getting JKR - JKR team (Jolee, GMY, Bastila....Ezra/OB/HYoda??)

next best will then be a focus on CLS, I think

So I will need to get R2, which needs my Empire team, which needs either Phoenix done or a mix to 7* Palps and leave out Thrawn first (mix may be: Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Chopper, Leia)
    But I think, Zeb will be done pretty easy, so Phoenix will be ready right after JKR if not befor hitting 85

Leia will be done soon, still need STHan, Farmboy Luke and OB (around 160 shards left) then
    OB will only be started when all the JKR toons are done, so that won't be before 85, same with Luke. I may add them, when Hera is done and use rebuys for them, but I think I need to check out, if Mission or T3 may need some of the rebuys.

Then I will also need CLS team:
    Han is from Raids
    Chewie needs BH
    R2 needs to be switched out from Padme team, which needs 3po, which needs Ewoks
    OB or ChewPio
    (so there are pretty long term goals)

So far so good
  • Oof, in that last comment I said:
    IG-88 as the pilot of IG-2k is needed unlocked to unlock IG-2k, but isn't needed to be highly geared. It doesn't even need to be highly starred. So unlocking is a short-to-med term priority, but 7-stars is only a med-to-long term priority. Even for getting Chewbacca it's only the ship that needs to be 7*, not the pilot.

When I said "for getting Chewbacca" I meant "for getting the Millennium Falcon". I hope that mistake was obvious.
  • I think I didn't even see it at first glance - and my subconcious mind did interpret it the right way :)
  • 3ammekfk57sq.jpg
    wqgxu5b8wz4b.jpg

This is my CharBox right now
    As you can see, there is a lot of gear ready to go to the right toons

I am struggling with priorities
    SF is G10 now

Should I directly go on with Spy, Ahsoka, Soldier, Nute or start with Tarkin?
    Should I get Bastila directly to G9 before getting all Jedi to G8?
    I think there is a lot of gear needed by more than 1 character, so I don't know who's more gamechanging or if the whole team needs to be on par

Another point is regarding omegas - I can't see, which of them are urgent, and which not - besides Nute's omega, which was obvious