Conquest hard mode

Replies

• If i choose Hard Mode, i can turn back to normal game?!
  • Konju wrote: »
    Drakkaan wrote: »
    is there still a GP minimum of 4 mil to be able to do hard mode? I am at 3.7 mil and had no issues getting full rewards on Normal and I have some strong teams including a GL

I would try to see if you are close to any upgrades and/or ship promotions. I was 3.9 and got myself to 4.1 just with available upgrades.

Your move did not have GAC implications like it would for Drakkaan. Currently they are Div 3 (below 3.8M), but would bump up to Div 2. Just a thought. Definitely move as you see fit @Drakkaan

Evaluating risks 😂
  • Durandal wrote: »
    If i choose Hard Mode, i can turn back to normal game?!

No
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    I'll try hard mode. If I get the first crate or better, I'll keep doing it in the future. If I can't, next time I'll go back to normal. So I'm taking this one as a test.
    5M gp approximately.

The rewards from hard first crate is better than what you get with the final normal crate.

Wait. How do we know what the hard mode rewards are?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    8.1 million GP and can’t wait to see how difficult this conquest is!! Hope it’s not going to take the full 2 weeks to max out lol
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Datamine. There's a spreadsheet of the rewards floating around.

Of course the usual disclaimer that this isn't official/confirmed.
    pjcjkf1afx7e.png
  • CT_Waxer_7777
    175 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Sewpot wrote: »
    8.1 million GP and can’t wait to see how difficult this conquest is!! Hope it’s not going to take the full 2 weeks to max out lol
    I don’t know if the Krakens will be able to max it, we will see. Good luck though!
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I think the difficulty in hard will be for those that took almost max time in Normal. No data disks initially will hurt those just hitting the minimum, plus the usual "Mods 3.0" of "which data disks show up at the nodes".
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    I think anyone who qualifies and got max rewards from normal should give it a try. Getting the first crate in 2 weeks should be absolutely doable. It's also free/extra so there is not much loss.

I've forgotten the rewards breakdown, is tier 1 crate on hard better than max rewards on normal?

It's the same, which is why it's a good time to gauge your progress.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I don't see why ships shouldn't be involved in some capacity at some point. Everyone's saying they have 6 or 7 or 8 million gp but not also saying that they actually have 4 million in characters and 3 million in ships.

Don't count both when bragging and insist on only using one for everything else.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The only thing you risk to miss out on between max crate in normal and first crate in hard are the milestone crates that we get immediately upon completion. The credits are negligible but the conquest store currency could be valuable.
  • I'm going in expecting a beating )
  • Twi wrote: »

Dont mention ships... It might give CG ideas about adding them into conquest...

Bring em on!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • So, let's be clear, Tier 1 of Hard Mode is only better in 2 places:

1: it gets 200,000 more credits, which **in credits** is the same as 2x the progress rewards that we got between going up a reward crate. But of course, if you only get the 1st reward crate, you're getting many fewer progress rewards, so you're losing more credits than you're gaining. Maybe as many as 500,000, but probably less than that. Still, it's a net loss. I'm not saying that a day's worth of GW credits is a big deal, but just trying to be honest about what the rewards are and aren't.

2. It gets 10 more signal data of the medium-type (not the hardest to get, not the easiest to get).

So though the single crate is better in two ways, net credits would actually be down, and the final benefit isn't that big a deal. There are also other things besides credits in the progress rewards, and you're losing those without any more of the same put in the rewards crate to even partially offset the loss (as with credits).

I think that it's more fair to say that the first tier reward crate amounts to the "same" rewards as earning max rewards on Normal Mode, not "better". It might not even be that good, but without some more specific info about currency accumulation & the jawa merchant & such, "same" is probably the fairest we can say. Certainly not better, and while possibly it will turn out to be slightly worse, we can't say for sure it would be worse either. Toss up is the best we can do.

Again, i'm not trying to deter people from giving it a go, especially if they already got max rewards in Normal Mode. If you're creative and skilled enough to get max rewards with a 3.1M gp roster, then I really like your chances to hit that first crate in Hard Mode.

That said, let's not go around saying the minimum rewards are better. I think it paints a misleading picture of total rewards earned since it omits progress rewards as well as currency rewards that you can use to buy g12 gear. It doesn't say the Crate gives you less g12 gear, but we know you won't earn as much currency along your road if you only reach the first crate, so you'll get less g12 gear from the jawa merchant.

On top of that, and we can't know this yet, but we have to consider it, it might be worse in one important respect: RazorCrest blueprints. Remember that in addition to the box, you get currency which you can spend along the way. They say that they forgot that this time, but next time it will ONLY be available on Normal Mode in Sector 5. They haven't said anything about Hard Mode, but if the opportunity to purchase blueprints only occurs in Sector 5, then people who are only qualifying for the 1st reward box aren't going to get a chance to buy those blueprints.

So, go crazy with optimism when picking your Mode next time, but let it be clear-eyed optimism: The rewards you earn from the first crate are very slightly better, but other rewards will almost certainly be worse, so it should be Crate 2 or Bust for all of us optimists.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    MaglorC wrote: »
    i'm not sure if I can handle Hard Mode with my roster. Only got 3.5m GP & got max rewards on normal mode.
    Though, the first crate is as good as the max crate in Normal mode
    Choices, choices, choices

I think you need 4m GP minimum to be able to join hard mode. Not 100% sure as it may be just a recommendation.

Personally I think the limit based on GP is stupid. I doubt you would be able to use over half, maybe three quarters at a push of your whole GP roster. I for one, wouldn’t be using my G9 Phoenix team for example. I doubt all of 4m of most players would be meta or useful, and you don’t even use ships.

Pretty sure its a 3 mil req and a 4 mil recommendation.

This is incorrect.

4m is the requirement.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    TVF wrote: »
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    MaglorC wrote: »
    i'm not sure if I can handle Hard Mode with my roster. Only got 3.5m GP & got max rewards on normal mode.
    Though, the first crate is as good as the max crate in Normal mode
    Choices, choices, choices

I think you need 4m GP minimum to be able to join hard mode. Not 100% sure as it may be just a recommendation.

Personally I think the limit based on GP is stupid. I doubt you would be able to use over half, maybe three quarters at a push of your whole GP roster. I for one, wouldn’t be using my G9 Phoenix team for example. I doubt all of 4m of most players would be meta or useful, and you don’t even use ships.

Pretty sure its a 3 mil req and a 4 mil recommendation.

This is incorrect.

4m is the requirement.

Agreed. Here is the post about it and a snapshot of the key section:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241766/the-galactic-conquest-begins-soon#latest

Hard:
    Required GP: 4,000,000+
    Recommended GP: 5,000,000+
    Enemy Tuning by Sector:
    Sector 1 - R4
    Sector 2 - R5
    Sector 3 - R6
    Sector 4 - R7
    Sector 5 - R8
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    I think anyone who qualifies and got max rewards from normal should give it a try. Getting the first crate in 2 weeks should be absolutely doable. It's also free/extra so there is not much loss.

I don’t quite share this view that “anyone” should try hard mode (qualify and reaching max reward on normal implied). The data disks were numerous upon reaching sector 4 & 5 and could be a big part of the success for many players in the normal mode. Without these disks some of the players could struggle quite a bit even though they reached max crate in Normal. I don’t want anyone to come back and say, “I tried hard and it is ridiculous and I cannot even earn a crate. Thanks a lot Kyno!” No one knows yet what the tuning will be for the event so it could be a difficult choice for some. That said, I do believe GL owners “should” be fine to try hard.

For those on the fence between Normal & Hard: with 2 weeks to compete in it, maybe wait just a bit (maybe a day) before deciding which mode you want to try. Ask your guildmates, check out some videos from other players etc. I offer this advice because I want the player base to maximize the rewards earned. While this event may be “free,” falling behind on rewards will still be detrimental for you in the long run and your enjoyment of the game will go down from such “failure.”

4m GP and cleared all feats to reach the last crate, I feel very confident saying they will get the first crate, which is equal.

This is one of the few times players have a chance to try this out without as much of a detriment. I stand by my statement.

The first tier will be only slightly harder than the last tier of normal, no reason someone cant make that work, if they did in normal.
  • As long as CG doesn’t go all CG in how they sometime do the difficulty ramp up I too think hard mode is the way to go for someone maxing out normal. But it could be wise to be cautious given CGs prior history in game balancing.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Like I said, some of those people who squeaked through to red crate on Normal will be starting Sector 1 hard with no data disks. Will take a big chunk of the edge off, particularly with most of the disk bugs corrected.
  • Yeah, I had been wondering about the Leader Bonus disk. I have my Revan/Malak team tuned for Malak to go first so as to take out any autotaunt, then Revan can attack the leader with his special. While I don't keep track of all my toons' speeds in my head, I'm very clear that Malak normally goes first, Revan 2nd.

Then this bonus card came along and granted a bunch of bonuses to the leader including +20% speed. When I used it ... Malak still went first. So I was very suspicious of what was going on there. I thought maybe the disk wasn't providing the speed bonus, but it turns out it was providing stat bonuses to the whole squad, not just the leader (which also perfectly explains why Malak would continue to go first for me).

So I knew something was wrong, but now I find it boosted everyone? And I'm going to have to go without that whole-party boost next time. That's going to be a pretty big difference from how my party acted this time.

i still think I'll get better than the Tier 1 crate. Maybe even T4 or t5, since my roster is well above the "recommended" level. But that lack of data disks is extra worrying for me now that I know just how much they boosted my toons.

We'll see!
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I'm barely above the required GP (4.5M), and only expect 4 of my teams to even be able to do anything, but I see no reason a GL can't carry through to at least crate 3-4. And I've said it before, but I'll say it again: If you don't have a GL at this point that's 100% on you, provided your account was 85 when Rey and Kylo came out, and anyone over 4M should qualify for that logic. (even if you whaled multiple millions of GP, again, not getting a GL from that is entirely on you)

Rey with full lead data disks is actually absurdly OP, she does well over a million with her ult, and outside of GL teams there's nothing that can realistically kill her before she uses it, even with no supporting team.
    With armorer and/or wat, the other 3 GLs should realistically be around the same. Wat has the benefit of not worrying if he lives to get a single turn.

Sector 1-3 shouldn't be much of an issue clearing it week one with a GL.
    Then sector 4-5 you'll have decent data disks and the option to additionally use consumables.

And of course you have your standard secondary teams for the weaker teams you encounter, such as revans and vader, plus whatever your GL unlock chars are. (JTR, CLS/MM, Imp troopers, FO)

If you're somehow over 4M GP without GAS, JKL or a GL at a minimum, then yeah, maybe you won't do too overly well in hard mode. But... that's not an issue of event balancing, that's an issue of you not being optimal about what characters you go after, plain and simple.
  • In Sector 1 Nightsisters vs Grievous team. Daka can’t revive the sisters. Why this? No explanation about this in the mission description. Must be a bug.
  • HershBathens
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    4.6 million gp.
    Hard mode sector 1 is fairly easy so far. I have done 8 battles and won them all.

Low relic gg team
    Mid relic gas with 501st
    Mid relic padme
    G12 sith with relic Vader
    High relic Jkl and jml
    Mid relic rebels with cjewpio
  • mark41279 wrote: »
    In Sector 1 Nightsisters vs Grievous team. Daka can’t revive the sisters. Why this? No explanation about this in the mission description. Must be a bug.

Nope. Wats tech makes it so.
  • Stish
    31 posts Member
    I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that you can’t challenge hard mode because you aren’t 4 mil. Why do they care if you fail miserably? I’m 3.5mil with a gl and relic padme, jkr and cls squads. Pretty sure I’d be able to at least get the first crate.
  • You get a data disc before the first battle. So far the first tier of hard is fairly the same difficulty as last tier of normal.
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    The question for those on the fence is can you earn 65 keycards on hard mode? That gets you to the first box, which is the same as the top box on normal mode. If yes, then you have much less work to get the same rewards on hard mode. If you have at least one GL, it shouldn't be that hard to get the first box. I just did two battles with SLKR, and it was a cake walk.
  • UrbanNomad wrote: »
    Wait. How do we know what the hard mode rewards are?
    You can enter Hard Mode and look at the rewards.
    Just don't press "Commit" ;)
  • Kyno wrote: »

I've forgotten the rewards breakdown, is tier 1 crate on hard better than max rewards on normal?

You can enter the hard side and see the rewards, just don’t press “commit” and you can back out again.
  • Kyno wrote: »

You can enter the hard side and see the rewards, just don’t press “commit” and you can back out again.

Also check the feats. Hard mode feats are harder.