3rd mando..? [Speculation]

2Next

Replies

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Jack1210 wrote: »
    LOLOL. Abilities with the nightowl signet have been found. A character with the mando tag that has the darksaber has also been datamined......

a new sabine? that jedi mandalorian that originally had the darkaber? pre vizsla coming? a rebels bo-katan? lol

technically all of these are "possible"
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    I hope they don't milk The Mandalorian till it's dry like they milked the Old Republic. It's seriously getting kinda stale. It has been less than a year since the first Mando was released.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »
    I hope they don't milk The Mandalorian till it's dry like they milked the Old Republic. It's seriously getting kinda stale. It has been less than a year since the first Mando was released.

The Old Republic is far from dry...
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Sure but they sticked with it for so long that everyone got sick of it.
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Data mine or not, I doubt we’ll see a new Mando toon until Season 3 airs.

Bo Katan is welcomed, but a new form of Mando seems overkill. And if it’s a GL mando then who’s the darkside? Moff Gideon is out of the question seeing we just got him recently. I can’t see who else would take over the darkside GL slot.

It’s too soon for a new Mando.

If we ever get a GL Mando, it’ll be when the final season airs, not before. Sure he’s very popular but in my eyes he isn’t GL worthy.
    I don’t think anyone seriously thinks he’s GL worthy, that means he could compete with Luke Skywalker and Palpatine? Makes no sense, only legendaries for Mando, same goes for Ahsoka, she isn’t Luke or Palp level either and she needs a Malak, DR, GAS level type of toon
  • Kind of off topic, and I am not sure how many people know about it yet, but there are character UIs and ability icons that have been in the game files for who knows how long that haven't been used yet. A few named nightsisters, Jedi Master Even Piell, and some Clone Wars bounty hunters. I am a little surprised that to my knowledge, no YouTuber has covered it yet. It seems like free real estate for speculative videos (like the one that brought about this discussion in the first place).
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    So it has been datamined we are getting another mando and bo katan. Pumped for Bo, but my goodness do we really need another mando? This is getting out of hand...
    What are other's thoughts on this?

Source?

Ahnaldts new video and seems to be some chatter on reddit now.

Today is the international day of source criticism, but I’m too lazy to check if that’s true.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    So it has been datamined we are getting another mando and bo katan. Pumped for Bo, but my goodness do we really need another mando? This is getting out of hand...

Han Solo says, "Hold my beer"....

Han Solo
    Trooper Han
    Hoth Han
    Young Han
    Vet Han
    Bespin Han (exists in events)
    Endor Han (how they've missed this, I don't know)

What's the 3rd mando? Helmetless? But, sheesh, talk about going to the well too much too quick...

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Speak for yourself. For example Mandalore the Preserver would fit right in now.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Right now, yeah. But not after 14 characters, 2 legendaries, 1 epic confrontation and a raid. You might like Old Republic era a lot but there are other very interesting periods in Star Wars universe. We shouldn't stick to one and call it a day. This game is called "Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes" not "SW: Old Republic" or "SW: The Mandalorian".
  • th3evo wrote: »

Right now, yeah. But not after 14 characters, 2 legendaries, 1 epic confrontation and a raid. You might like Old Republic era a lot but there are other very interesting periods in Star Wars universe. We shouldn't stick to one and call it a day. This game is called "Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes" not "SW: Old Republic" or "SW: The Mandalorian".

I do think there is a lot more Old Republic content out there that CG could explore, but I broadly agree with your point. One of the frustrations that I have with this game is the rigid "era exploring", where they spend months at a time only releasing content on eras like Clone Wars, OT, Old Republic. I think it would be nice if they also sprinkled in some random characters that aren't really building up to anything, so that we can get some of the bigger players in the franchise who are still missing in the game but probably don't warrant months of releases (ie. Jar Jar, Saw Gerrera, Bail Organa, Tobias Beckett, the Exile, Cal Kestis, Iden Versio etc). People can disagree on whether those specific characters should be introduced but that's just some ones I'd like to see off the top of my head. Galaxy of Heroes should feel like a galaxy, not just different versions of the same characters over and over and over again.
  • cboath7 wrote: »

Han Solo says, "Hold my beer"....

Han Solo
    Trooper Han
    Hoth Han
    Young Han
    Vet Han
    Bespin Han (exists in events)
    Endor Han (how they've missed this, I don't know)

What's the 3rd mando? Helmetless? But, sheesh, talk about going to the well too much too quick...

Haha ya Han and even Chewie are plenty represented, but they earned it. Dude gets through 2 seasons and has 2 versions of himself (though I'm totally cool with the 2 models, they are both needed with the tory).
  • If so I would bet for a vet bobba !
  • More likely to get an epic confrontation mando than gl mando. As people state no dark side equivalent.
  • More likely to get an epic confrontation mando than gl mando. As people state no dark side equivalent.

But for epic confrontation could be split into 2 portions like malak.

First being imperial remnant
    Moff gideon
    Storm
    Dark
    Death
    Scout?

Second being something along the lines of
    Beskar mando
    Armorer
    Bo katan
    Vet boba?
    Fennic?

Whatever the case I think they need to flesh out other characters and factions before another mando comes out.
  • frog woman confirmed...datamined ability "where did half my eggs go?"
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Piewalker wrote: »
    frog woman confirmed...datamined ability "where did half my eggs go?"

So that's where Grogu was the whole time! And we blamed dark trooper...
  • Maul with the darksaber....??
  • th3evo wrote: »

The thing is though, they stick to eras for a time to theme the game. So we had the Old Republic Era, then Bounty Hunters got some love, then Clone Wars, now Mando. They will get too a new Era soon.
  • I still think a third Mando this quick is a bit overkill right now. Bo-Katan is a welcome addition for sure though.
  • twstdbydsn wrote: »
    I still think a third Mando this quick is a bit overkill right now. Bo-Katan is a welcome addition for sure though.

The new app icon has theories running wild, Maul could be the one that has it. Time will tell.
  • I got my fingers crossed for a legendary Boba Fett!! @CG_Doja_Fett make it happen buddy! lol
  • King of Kings GL!!!

ktaputed8fg7.jpg
  • I can’t wait for
    - Mando sleeping
    - Mando eating something
    - Mando reading something
    - Mando walking around
    - Mando fireman
    - Mando Doctor or nurse
    - Mando samba dancer
    - Another Han
    - Another Chube
    - Etc

Seriously.... no, please, not a new character for each small variation 😴
  • I can’t wait for
    - Mando sleeping
    - Mando eating something
    - Mando walking around
    - Mando fireman
    - Mando Doctor or nurse
    - Mando samba dancer
    - Another Han
    - Another Chube
    - Etc

They finally should add costumization like in BF2. The argument that player won’t know which character they fighting with is weak.
  • I can’t wait for
    - Mando sleeping
    - Mando eating something
    - Mando walking around
    - Mando fireman
    - Mando Doctor or nurse
    - Mando samba dancer
    - Another Han
    - Another Chube
    - Etc

But I was looking forward to Cal Kestis and all the color variations of his poncho.
  • I can’t wait for
    - Mando sleeping
    - Mando eating something
    - Mando walking around
    - Mando fireman
    - Mando Doctor or nurse
    - Mando samba dancer
    - Another Han
    - Another Chube
    - Etc

We’ll get a 3rd Epic confrontation Mando with a Spear and a 4th GL Mando.

Then, we’ll get Mando number 5.

• Everything is pointing to a Legendary/Epic event in which we will recieve Grogu frags. Is pretty obvious at this point I think.
  • And maybe Mando no5 will dance like mambo no5