Cannot create in-game ticket

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

I've reached out to EA support and they have asked me to create an in-game ticket. This used to be doable via:

Settings -> Help

Which would redirect you to a website.

However, this is no longer possible. It appears the game code was updated such that you are now directed to an in-game chat room with a bot. And the option to create a ticket does not appear.

I'm unsure what is happening here. Have I accidentally got upgraded to a version of SWGOH that is not supposed to have this different support behaviour? (Not sure how this would occur, I only update through google play store). Or has support not been updated with new instructions on how in-game tickets are created? Or is there some other menu item somewhere that I can not see.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Replies

• wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I can confirm if you type your issue someone / something responds and you get a ticket number. I had an issue and created a ticket via the web page and was told to create one in game, same thing you describe. I persisted and got a reply , and contray to many who trash them they helped and were very good. One tip is pick your time and stay in the chat , I had many hours delay between messages as I quit and came back , usually having to restart the conversation as the person replying had changed.
  • Thank you for this tip. I sent a message in this in game help chat box. About 12 hours later I got a reply. Sadly, they said they would not give me a ticket :(

I'll keep asking, maybe they will tire and give me one to get rid of me or something? :)

• Got another update from the in-game support. They said they cannot open a ticket for me.

So I have EA Web Site, asking me to go in-game to open a ticket.
    Then I have in-game saying they cannot open a ticket.

So I'm stuck here without help. This is very distressing :(
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    What do you need fixed? Or are you just trying to make a ticket to ask if they can lower the hard mode entry req.
  • Shaddess wrote: »
    What do you need fixed? Or are you just trying to make a ticket to ask if they can lower the hard mode entry req.

No, crystals went missing from my account. I went to the EA support page and filed a bug report with screenshots/etc. They asked me to also open in game so they could get client specific information.

Sadly, the feature to create tickets from within game is gone, replaced with bot/chat support. And this bot/chat indicates they cannot open a ticket.

So I'm in a bit of a fix. Told by one CSR to create a ticket, and another CSR that they cannot create a ticket. Meanwhile, my crystals have gone bye-bye :(

• wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Did you use an autoclick on bronziums by chance. The pop up adds now open in that screen and your clicker takes you to a pack page .. and clicks away. Now have 3 ppl I know get burned by this. One was even doing it himself while watching tv and didn't notice he was clicking away on a dark trooper pack.
  • I don't use auto clicker. But I do know that that screen is really misbehaving. You have to back out and back in sometimes to get it to work. It won't scroll. It won't accept a click until you scroll or back out/in. And the tiles seems to move back and forth on their own accord.

Only in that screen mind, the rest of the game's UI behaves.

• I noticed my EA Help Ticket was closed off as a duplicate, but no mention of what it was a duplicate of. Just a status update (not even any text to describe they were doing this, nor any e-mail generated).

So I'm in a situation:
    Cannot create in-game ticket.
    EA Help ticket getting closed without resolution/notification.
    No response for ~ 1 week.

I'm not sure what else I can do to try to get some help. Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.