Conquest Hard Mode Entry Requirement

TotoMok
9 posts Member
edited March 2021
Any chance this might be lowered from 4M to 2/3M? Or, at the very least, based on how many GLs you have?

I am sitting at 3M GP. I do however, have SLKR, full R7 CLS team, and JKL, as well as nearly at JML *and* SEE. Finishing the grind for those two GLs would not put me at 4M.

So I'm curious as to whether or not an entry requirement based on GLs (rather than roster 'quantity') makes sense.

Note: I could burn resources to level up unused characters to G8, Level 85 in order to make the 4M GP requirement, but I would not actually USE any of those characters in the battle, so it does not make much sense to do this.

Replies

• Blubcop
    353 posts Member
    I don't understand the requirement in the first place. Just display a big warning that you should not play it under 4m GP and everyone doing it although he is not ready, just made a mistake
  • Blubcop wrote: »
    I don't understand the requirement in the first place. Just display a big warning that you should not play it under 4m GP and everyone doing it although he is not ready, just made a mistake

It may not be the case that a player with GP of less than 4 million couldn't make progress on the hard version, but I don't think this is necessarily the only consideration.

People said the same about CRancor having an entry requirement of R5.

I'd say at a guess, this is CG "encouraging" roster expansion and if people spend to do it, then so much the better.
  • I'm hoping they will reconsider this hard requirement. I understand in CRancor, an argument could be made that less than R5 your units will not survive long enough to be viable.

But in this situation, it would require levelling up units that not only you would not use, but would not survive the encounter.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There are no plans to change the entry requirement at this time.
  • TotoMok wrote: »
    I'm hoping they will reconsider this hard requirement. I understand in CRancor, an argument could be made that less than R5 your units will not survive long enough to be viable.

But in this situation, it would require levelling up units that not only you would not use, but would not survive the encounter.

Oh I don't disagree with you but CG will of course wish to monetise Conquest mode. The hard mode entry level may be part of that intention - as well as giving longer term players more of a challenge..
  • I’m with you. My GP is 3.6 million, so I can’t enter hard yet. Still, normal is way too easy for me, to the point where I can reach max rewards without losing a single battle along the way.
    There should instead be a gradual transition, where you are able to enter hard with 2.5-3 mill GP, only discouraged from doing so unless you easily unlock the highest rewards in normal.

I like this game mode, it’s fun and refreshing. But there is no challenge in it for me unless I increase my overall GP by 400k, which feels weird. Increasing your GP should make the game easier, not harder. Also, going from 3.6 to 3.8 mill GP would push me up a tier in the GAC, where fleet battle nodes increase from 1 to 2. I really do not want that to happen before I have more ships ready.
  • Gear up pilots and you’ll get to 4 million GP faster.

I can see why they’d add this requirement though. I’m on sector 2 of hard mode, and my g12 JKR and CLS teams are quickly becoming useless even with the disks. If you don’t have depth on your roster then you’ll need to spend heavily on stim packs. Maybe I don’t see the need for this requirement lol...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    4 million is really low. Just work on ships. Use some of that horde on characters you actually already have instead of sitting on it for the characters that might come out six months from now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Just remember by jumping to 4M you’ll be bumping up a division in GAC requiring an extra squad defensive placement and fleet defensive placement in 5v5. If you’re ready for that, go right ahead.