Upcoming Changes To The Pit Challenge Tier [MEGA]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So maybe we aren’t supposed to ask this, but will Relic 8 material ever be more accessible and/or evenly distributed? The reason I ask, my fear, along with some others, is that Relic 8 toons will be required for future GLs. So I guess the question is is there any plan to revisit aeromagnifier distribution?

Will they become available elsewhere- yes at some point

Will the rewards here be changed - possibly, but at this point it is only being discussed, nothing is being looked at.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    So maybe we aren’t supposed to ask this, but will Relic 8 material ever be more accessible and/or evenly distributed? The reason I ask, my fear, along with some others, is that Relic 8 toons will be required for future GLs. So I guess the question is is there any plan to revisit aeromagnifier distribution?

Will the rewards here be changed - possibly, but at this point it is only being discussed, nothing is being looked at.

That is unfortunate, we will see after the raid changes though. If it becomes a 50 player job to complete the raid, a “flattening” of the Aeros becomes more important imo. If it is still quite doable for most guilds with 30 or so players, less of a need but still an annoyance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »

That is unfortunate, we will see after the raid changes though. If it becomes a 50 player job to complete the raid, a “flattening” of the Aeros becomes more important imo. If it is still quite doable for most guilds with 30 or so players, less of a need but still an annoyance.

And that was the general conversation being had, but generally speaking changes need to settle in before they consider making a change connected to the same item.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

That point is technically in 2 weeks when some people get them from Conquest.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »

And that was the general conversation being had, but generally speaking changes need to settle in before they consider making a change connected to the same item.

Well if that’s what they’re waiting for then I mean I guess I get it, but they don’t need to talk about taking tac challenge gear from the reward pool. Or tank raid gear...That stuff is straight up trash.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Well if that’s what they’re waiting for then I mean I guess I get it, but they don’t need to talk about taking tac challenge gear from the reward pool. Or tank raid gear...That stuff is straight up trash.

Without running an account from the beginning to now, and knowing exactly where the numbers end up, it kind of does need to be a conversation. I know many older players get flush on those elements, but is that always the case (I genuinely have no idea). I know players getting to that content, need to be fairly developed but its possible an account started 1-2-3 years ago can be getting close to that point (ot at it) and may still need those types of gear, or not as flush as many of us are (and then relics to talk about, because not all of those are just a waste)

I know they seem like pure fluff or just there to push down the odds, but is that really the only reason? (IDK)
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I’m a 3 year player, it’s useless gear imo.
  • Endgame content should award endgame gear...end of story. If it doesn’t, make it easier for all to complete. This is another one of those headscratchers...when CG says it is end game content but awards early game gear. Looks like they also did this with Conquest. It really is a kick in the pants.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Endgame content should award endgame gear...end of story. If it doesn’t, make it easier for all to complete. This is another one of those headscratchers...when CG says it is end game content but awards early game gear. Looks like they also did this with Conquest. It really is a kick in the pants.

Yeah, this is where @Kyno 's -what if those gear are still needed by some- scenario falls apart.
  • FerociousPanda
    419 posts Member
    edited March 2021

I know players getting to that content, need to be fairly developed but its possible an account started 1-2-3 years ago can be getting close to that point (ot at it) and may still need those types of gear

Except this just doesn't jive with what they've said about this raid, which is that it's supposed to be endgame content. That's why it's so difficult and requires coordination on top of the hard relic 5 requirement for entry. And yet you want us to think that they may have put tank raid gear in the reward crates because non-endgame players might still need them? Sorry but this explanation makes no sense whatsoever.

and then relics to talk about, because not all of those are just a waste

They are pretty much all just a waste. Sure you can scavenge them for relics, but from my quick glance at the gear pool, the trash gear people are complaining about is scavengeable for bronzium wiring and chromium transistors only, and I have never heard of anyone complaining about those two being the bottleneck. The real bottlenecks (or potential bottlenecks at least) are carbonite circuit boards and the others ones required for relic 6 and up. Which tank raid gear does nothing to help with. So...what are they there for aside from just diluting the rewards?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

...at this point it is only being discussed, nothing is being looked at.

So they're talking....but with their eyes closed?

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I know players getting to that content, need to be fairly developed but its possible an account started 1-2-3 years ago can be getting close to that point (ot at it) and may still need those types of gear

Except this just doesn't jive with what they've said about this raid, which is that it's supposed to be endgame content. That's why it's so difficult and requires coordination on top of the hard relic 5 requirement for entry. And yet you want us to think that they may have put tank raid gear in the reward crates because non-endgame players might still need them? Sorry but this explanation makes no sense whatsoever.

and then relics to talk about, because not all of those are just a waste

They are pretty much all just a waste. Sure you can scavenge them for relics, but from my quick glance at the gear pool, the trash gear people are complaining about is scavengeable for bronzium wiring and chromium transistors only, and I have never heard of anyone complaining about those two being the bottleneck. The real bottlenecks (or potential bottlenecks at least) are carbonite circuit boards and the others ones required for relic 6 and up. Which tank raid gear does nothing to help with. So...what are they there for aside from just diluting the rewards?

This seems to be kynos new argument he's selling across the board. Just don't buy it. Anyone sane knows these gear are cannon fodder junk to bloat the amounts we seem to be getting.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Without running an account from the beginning to now, and knowing exactly where the numbers end up, it kind of does need to be a conversation. I know many older players get flush on those elements, but is that always the case (I genuinely have no idea). I know players getting to that content, need to be fairly developed but its possible an account started 1-2-3 years ago can be getting close to that point (ot at it) and may still need those types of gear, or not as flush as many of us are (and then relics to talk about, because not all of those are just a waste)

I know they seem like pure fluff or just there to push down the odds, but is that really the only reason? (IDK)

I started my alt 1.5 years ago, am at just about 3m GP, and have zero use for mk4 carbs or guns. Anyone doing hard mode shouldn't need them either.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Endgame content should award endgame gear...end of story. If it doesn’t, make it easier for all to complete. This is another one of those headscratchers...when CG says it is end game content but awards early game gear. Looks like they also did this with Conquest. It really is a kick in the pants.

Yeah, this is where Kyno 's -what if those gear are still needed by some- scenario falls apart.

No it doesnt, because the event does award end game rewards.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Yeah, this is where Kyno 's -what if those gear are still needed by some- scenario falls apart.

Yes but also beginning game rewards, and the people that need them aren't doing this content.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Not really. It also has -rewards- no endgame player needs to dilute the pool and lessen the real endgame rewards. Prove otherwise if you can.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Not really. It also has -rewards- no endgame player needs to dilute the pool and lessen the real endgame rewards. Prove otherwise if you can.

So you meant it should only offer end game rewards. (That was not what was stated)

Prove that if other rewards were not included we would get more endgame rewards....
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Even with relics mk4 Carbs and guns are a waste

If I wanted relic fodder, I’d rather get green gear that is worth 20 bronzium conversion than 4 conversion (Mk 4 Carbs and Guns)

With only one gear box at T7, it’s pretty terrible to include them since it’s a useless drop for the entire month
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

So you meant it should only offer end game rewards. (That was not what was stated)

Prove that if other rewards were not included we would get more endgame rewards....

If the possibility for early game rewards was eliminated, the gear drops would be more “meaningful” for end game players. There is nothing to prove.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If the possibility for early game rewards was eliminated, the gear drops would be more “meaningful” for end game players. There is nothing to prove.

If you are getting the same drops with or with out the "unnecessary" stuff, there is no change to the meaningfulness of the rewards.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

If you are getting the same drops with or with out the "unnecessary" stuff, there is no change to the meaningfulness of the rewards.

Er, what?

So...you're admitting that they're there to dilute the reward pool then? Because if they weren't, then obviously we'd get more endgame rewards without the early-game gear there. Because earlier you were arguing that that might not be the reason, so which is it?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Ok so you are saying just take some of the gear away not eliminating the possibility of earning the trash gear in the first place. These are 2 different ideas.

Same amount of gear drops that currently exist without the possibility of the very early, starting level 10, beginner gear would be more meaningful.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I like how when Kyno has been proven wrong he starts going after the most ridiculous details.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

I like how when Kyno has been proven wrong he starts going after the most ridiculous details.

I don't even understand it. Is he saying hopefully you'll get lucky with your pulls and it won't matter?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

I don't even understand it. Is he saying hopefully you'll get lucky with your pulls and it won't matter?

Yeah I def took it another way, but it could be this as well. 🤷‍♂️
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

So...you're admitting that they're there to dilute the reward pool then? Because if they weren't, then obviously we'd get more endgame rewards without the early-game gear there. Because earlier you were arguing that that might not be the reason, so which is it?

No I'm actually very sure if they changed anything about the other rewards, we would not get more of the Aeros.

But in the end. As I said they need to let changes settle before they make more.

If those pieces are just there to fluff those particular boxes, then it's still a conversation they need to have to balance those boxes the way they want.

All I was saying is they need to talk about it, and other said they dont need to....

In the end they will make the changes they feel are right for the content we have. I know it's a conversation they are having, but nothing will happen at this time, as they are focused on the mechanics changes right now.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Lmao, you are reaching new heights every day.

Proof:
    Pool has only bottleneck gear=player draws only one of the bottleneck gear,
    The element of rng is reduced to whether the particular player has current need for the bottleneck gear (which they surely need in the long term even if they prefer to get the -guns- out of them)
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

No I'm actually very sure if they changed anything about the other rewards, we would not get more of the Aeros.

But in the end. As I said they need to let changes settle before they make more.

If those pieces are just there to fluff those particular boxes, then it's still a conversation they need to have to balance those boxes the way they want.

All I was saying is they need to talk about it, and other said they dont need to....

In the end they will make the changes they feel are right for the content we have. I know it's a conversation they are having, but nothing will happen at this time, as they are focused on the mechanics changes right now.

They made up the drop tables. Did they put the fluff gear accidentally in there and without talking and deliberately deciding that to be the case?

I don't know why you're talking about Aeromagnifiers when that's not even part of the discussion right now. I don't think anyone who has chimed in during the last page or so of this thread is under any illusion that taking away the earlier game gear would mean that we get more Aeromagnifiers. We're talking about the gear reward crate, which includes much-needed gear like g12 pieces, mk3 carbantis, mk 5 stun guns, kyrotechs etc, but also gear that most people have thousands of and will never run out of.

If the earlier game gear were taken out of the reward crate, then obviously we'd get more of the meaningful rewards. Unless CG decides to also lower the quantity of the gear that we actually need, in which case it would become obvious that the earlier game gear is currently only in the crate to dilute the rewards and lessen our chances of getting good rewards. Which is the purpose most of us believe it currently serves, yet you seem to be arguing otherwise. So do you have a good argument for why that gear is in the reward pool then, if not just to dilute the rewards?