Purple data disc drops - Feedback

Replies

• I got 1
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    100% complete- zero purples. I don’t know how many 3 dot disks there are, but I only ever saw the leader buff one. And I saw it multiple times. Several people in my guild got 3 different purple disks.
  • Also after the last boss in stage 5,there is not much use of a data disk reward,since you finished up every node,you only have to do some feats and 3 star everything,this will not help since you already have plenty data disks,maybe add a small reward,or something else,or a scavenger that gives you the option to buy razor shards.
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    Theres 4, you guys are missing Deadly Momentum
    Deadly Momentum
    All allies have +30% Shield Penetration and gain 30% Offense when an enemy falls below 100% Health. Data Disk effects that trigger when enemies fall below 100% Health also trigger at 70% and 40% Health

https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Conquest

Having had this and Massively OP, I have to give the nod to Deadly Momentum. Combined with the disk that gives extra offense when enemies drop below 100% HP, the damage is just filthy. Like on SEE, my BHs got down to him and one other toon, and Boba's AOE one shot him from nearly max HP and protection. It was pretty filthy on JML too.
  • I even saw Execute crit for 2.6mil. But I do run two stacks of blue caustic emissions for extra regen dots under Bossk lead.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I got one, it would randomly inflict Plague and Fear at the start of each of my turns and Fear would do a bunch of damage when it expired.

I didn’t use it because the randomness was too high and I could finish the event (on Normal, of course) just fine without it. But something like that can be a real sea change in Hard mode, so I feel like there should be more consistency on when you pick these up. Maybe one at the end of boards 2 and 4 only. Just my two thoughts.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I ended up getting 4 massively overpowered data disks.... smh
  • I agee, they need some tuning. My hard node sector 1 boss options were all white. In fact, in an early node, two of the same disk was an option.
  • Another option would be to have the option to 'merge' two discs of the same color to upgrade them to a random of the next tier (2 white=> 1 green, 2 green=> 1 blue, 2 blue=> 1 purple, ect) - would give us something to do with all the random white discs we don't want/need, and would basically guarantee everyone could get a purple per run, even if they got the short end of the RNG stick.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    fs8mbys5701k.png

I picked this up after Traya in normal mode.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RTS wrote: »
    fs8mbys5701k.png

I picked this up after Traya in normal mode.

That one is great.
  • Combined with the one that inflicts Healing Immunity when an opponent falls below 100% health and you have an extremely powerful combination.

Add TM on Buff and Cooldown Reduction on Buff (maybe a "defensive buffs at start of turn" as well), and you can have GMY take a few turns while waiting for a big enough batch of buffs to land on him (Bastila?) and then just use his buff-spread special & nothing else. It's completely nasty.
  • I picked up Deadly Momentum & Booming Voice the first time through.

So far this time I'm only into Stage 2 so nothing yet.
  • Why not reward a choice of one purple disk after each boss battle or every other? That seems fairer so at least every player has a chance to get one, and the further you go, the more powerful you can become
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Why not reward a choice of one purple disk after each boss battle or every other? That seems fairer so at least every player has a chance to get one, and the further you go, the more powerful you can become

One of the things they are trying to manage is not giving out data cards "too early " to trivialize the difficulty early on. So after each boss is probably not likely, but maybe starting after the boss in S3.
  • My impression is, that there is a certain range of discs to choose from. I noticed it in the first run already but now the second time around its much more obvious. I keep getting the same 8-10 discs or so over and over again. I am at the end of sector 3 hard mode currently and have had the choice between said number of discs only. No epics, no cd reduction, no buffs at turn start, but like 12 versions of TM removal. Thats either really bad luck or the game determines a certain variety of discs from the whole pool and lets you go with it.
  • I got my first purple yesterday (massively overpowered disk). I get the jealousy some people have towards getting lucky on this. Now, my g12 buff heavy teams like JKR can clear battles in Sector 4 hard mode. I feel like I’ll have to take this one off when working on boss feats because I’ll win too easy with it.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I got my first purple yesterday (massively overpowered disk). I get the jealousy some people have towards getting lucky on this. Now, my g12 buff heavy teams like JKR can clear battles in Sector 4 hard mode. I feel like I’ll have to take this one off when working on boss feats because I’ll win too easy with it.
    Yup, it's a fun disk but it can get in the way of feats. I ended up taking it off after clearing all the sectors last time in favor of a more basic buff + cooldown combo to work on unclaimed feats.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    I got my first purple yesterday (massively overpowered disk). I get the jealousy some people have towards getting lucky on this. Now, my g12 buff heavy teams like JKR can clear battles in Sector 4 hard mode. I feel like I’ll have to take this one off when working on boss feats because I’ll win too easy with it.
    Yup, it's a fun disk but it can get in the way of feats. I ended up taking it off after clearing all the sectors last time in favor of a more basic buff + cooldown combo to work on unclaimed feats.

On the one hand it can get in the way of feats, but on the other hand it can make several teams that you may have undergeared punch waaaaay above their weight. It’s not much of a trade off—just plow through several nodes on the strength of that alone, then go back and do feats after!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • No purple disks last time on normal, no purple disks so far on hard. I'm starting to think they don't exist and people are photoshopping.
  • No purple disks last time on normal, no purple disks so far on hard. I'm starting to think they don't exist and people are photoshopping.

Im all the way through hard mode now and again not a single purple disc.

Pls stop this RNG and make at least one fix drop
  • I was worried about not getting purple discs in hard mode. But I was under the false impression that hard mode would be much more difficult than it turned out to be.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    No purples on normal, and nothing above 2dot on hard so far. And I keep seeing the same ones over and over.
  • Ryconnan
    168 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I have purple disks but I don’t use them. Some combinations of 1 and 2 dot disks are far better. 😀
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I don't even have any 3-dots yet and I'm almost to the end of sector 3 and doing fine with my 1- and 2-dot disk combo. I'll probably run out of steam late sector 4 or early sector 5 but that's not unexpected given the power level of my roster and I'm fine with that. I'll just circle back to pick up missed feats and see how good of a crate I can earn.
  • Yeah, 0 purple drops for me this time...and this is my last pick in sector 5. Talk about disappointing!

up0ldlb5210k.jpg
  • Gor one now. Not using it. They're a fun novelty, not a necessity.
  • 0 purple disk drops for me, but I really don't mind. I was able to get the red crate today on Hard mode and only 1 GL. Personally, I feel like there are more devastating combos to be made by combining the cheaper disks anyway.

Offensive buffs, Defensive buffs, a couple deployable cooling systems, and maybe a TM on buffs disk and I was set. No purple needed.
  • StarDog89 wrote: »
    0 purple disk drops for me, but I really don't mind. I was able to get the red crate today on Hard mode and only 1 GL. Personally,
    Nice work!
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    I feel like there are more devastating combos to be made by combining the cheaper disks anyway.

Offensive buffs, Defensive buffs, a couple deployable cooling systems, and maybe a TM on buffs disk and I was set. No purple needed.
    Exactly.