Darth Maul and Yoda - Google play pics

Prev13
DontSteptoThis
106 posts Member
edited March 2021
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.starwarscapital_row

Think this means anything guys? There’s new app icons for Maul and Yoda, CG never changes stuff like this for nothing

Replies

• Maybe they're done with Mando content
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    What are you talking about, all i see is this:
    s7tvb1hm29qf.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    ...weird choices for GL 1 year anniversary.

Maul I can understand - He's had a lot of character progression that isn't portrayed in his in-game character.
    Yoda?
    He's already "grandmaster", and we also already have hermit yoda.
    What are we getting, ghost yoda?

- This comment is pure speculation and just going under the assumption this actually means something -
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    What are you talking about, all i see is this:
    s7tvb1hm29qf.jpeg
    w8vau3xcq848.png

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I don't think Maul is GL material, cool as he is, and it's hard to think of another iteration of Yoda besides what we already have. I think those icons are there to signify a focus on clone wars or early empire era to go with the release of Bad Batch. Maybe with a "robolegs" Maul, but not GL.
    But who knows, maybe Bad Batch will feature Yoda after his exile but before he became a full-on hermit. That could warrant a new version.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    I don't think Maul is GL material, cool as he is, and it's hard to think of another iteration of Yoda besides what we already have. I think those icons are there to signify a focus on clone wars or early empire era to go with the release of Bad Batch. Maybe with a "robolegs" Maul, but not GL.
    But who knows, maybe Bad Batch will feature Yoda after his exile but before he became a full-on hermit. That could warrant a new version.
    Fully agree. Maul is nothing really compared to Luke Skywalker and Palp... would love a new legendary Maul though, would be cool

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    u67trhlae6p7.jpeg
    Wait a second.. Since when the developers are sitting in Switzerland?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    w8vau3xcq848.png
    Okay, that's Maul. Where's Yoda?
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    would be really nice to see a GL Maul and GL Kenobi pair.
    he would be definetely a GL considering what he made in clone wars and comic books.
    it was just a too small part in Episode I, but also in this movie he spreaded fear among all jedis.

Qui-Gon Jin wasn´t a bad master at all. So yes, Maul could really be a GLworthy toon or an epic confrontation toon like Malak or GAS.

Hell yeah! would be awesome!

new Life for Savage and maybe some synergy with nightsisters
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    w8vau3xcq848.png
    Okay, that's Maul. Where's Yoda?

y2djrmf4oh5k.png

It’s a little blurry but it’s been floating around Reddit
  • Also interesting that some people have Yoda and some Maul. Some kind of A/B testing? or maybe depends on the country? I have Yoda

7bdhliq73ozz.jpeg
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Wait a second.. Since when the developers are sitting in Switzerland?

They have a time share on a second computer in Switzerland, you know, for the 'busy season,' when they need to have two programmers working at the same time.
  • What's more weird to me is that Maul and Yoda look to be made in two different artsyles.
    Yoda's like the regular SWGOH style, while Maul reminds me of the early Clone Wars spinoff games (which imo looks 10000% cleaner than whatever we have right now)
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    JKL was on the splash screen years before he was ever a character in game. There have been numerous ships in the art that we still haven't seen as playable. I wouldn't read too much into it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    JKL was on the splash screen years before he was ever a character in game. There have been numerous ships in the art that we still haven't seen as playable. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Also the Phantom is not the next meta.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Usually suggest what's coming next. Would be glad to see some sort of Maul love
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    As much as I love using Maul I sure hope the next GLs are not of the Sith nor Jedi affiliation. Empire and Rebels should get the next one
  • Jack1210
    771 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Funny/weird thing is that the GMY looks like a low res crop from the splash screen and Maul seems to be a newly done or at least unused pic that was made for an app icon.
  • Durandal
    109 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Another Jedi/Sith Empire GL?!
    Thers anything Stronger to Yoda than Gran Master?!
    Please.... We need "MOAR"!!!
    Post edited by Durandal on
  • I could see a Clone Wars Season 7 version of Ahsoka and Maul coming that are needed for Galactic Legend Obi-Wan and Anakin.
  • Zanir wrote: »
    I keep seeing this argument that Maul isn't worthy of GL status. Total icon, introduced the fandom to the double-bladed lightsaber, has a long story in the animated shows where he goes from crazed spiderbot to leading his own crime syndicate and ruling Mandalore, epic rivalry with Kenobi and breaks away from his former master.

Meanwhile in GL land: happy MaRey Sue noises

Disney's new shinies are GL-worthy but Maul is not? Give me a break. BTW, this is a baseless conspiracy theory, but I totally believe that all 4 GLs in the game are from the sequels because Disney mandated it.
    Lol they’re not all from the sequels. They needed final form of Luke Skywalker and Palp... their most powerful form is from the sequels, would be weird having a GL young Luke then his older self too, same for Palp, just so happens they’re in the ST when they look like that, but they’re essentially OT GL’s, and if Rey’s a Mary Sue god knows what little Anakin is who blew up that space station at like 10 lol. Grow up and who cares. It’s star wars
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    I keep seeing this argument that Maul isn't worthy of GL status. Total icon, introduced the fandom to the double-bladed lightsaber, has a long story in the animated shows where he goes from crazed spiderbot to leading his own crime syndicate and ruling Mandalore, epic rivalry with Kenobi and breaks away from his former master.

Disney's new shinies are GL-worthy but Maul is not? Give me a break. BTW, this is a baseless conspiracy theory, but I totally believe that all 4 GLs in the game are from the sequels because Disney mandated it.

The way I see it (I may be wrong), GLs are characters that are truly legendary in-universe (remember, we are playing people in SW universe playing with their legendary/historical figures). Rey, whatever we might think of her, is the one who defeated Palpatine once and for all and is known throughout the galaxy. Maul is imo just not quite there, but we don't know how his criminal career turns out in the end. If he becomes the leader of pretty much the entire galactic underworld feared from Tatooine to Coruscant, I could see him as a GL. In solo, he was not there yet (although well on his way) and in Rebels he has already fallen from that position.
  • Larx wrote: »
    he would be definetely a GL considering what he made in clone wars and comic books.
    it was just a too small part in Episode I, but also in this movie he spreaded fear among all jedis.

Qui-Gon Jin wasn´t a bad master at all. So yes, Maul could really be a GLworthy toon or an epic confrontation toon like Malak or GAS.

I always thought one of the big mistakes in phantom menace was how maul never actually did anything bad/evil/ruthless at all to really establish him as a bad guy. He just looked menacing, then fought against jedi.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Larx wrote: »

I always thought one of the big mistakes in phantom menace was how maul never actually did anything bad/evil/ruthless at all to really establish him as a bad guy. He just looked menacing, then fought against jedi.

And almost drove his speeder right over Anakin on Tatooine, who at that point was just a random kid for all he knew. If Ani didn't duck in time, the whole saga would have ended right then and there, because Maul wanted to kill some Jedi and didn't care who was in the way.
  • A Shadow Collective Maul would fit some level of legendary-level character, maybe even a Scoundrel Galactic Legend, but I’d honestly like him to be a Dark Side journey unit. I imagine Maul is every bit as infamous to Star Wars commoners (I.e., us playing in a cantina) as Al Capone is to anyone in the US. After all, Maul strolled into Jabba’s Palace and Jabba just conceded. He’s THE scoundrel of the new Star Wars cannon.
  • Sithlords_Inc
    384 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Zanir wrote: »

Maul never had any greater impact on the universe other than being thorn in the side for Kenobi and Sidious. The most impact he had was justifying a Republic invasion of Mandalore, which only was slightly more convenient for Palpatine than taking over it after the Empire was established. If having more than 1 lightsaber and messing around with Kenobi is enough for GL status we might as well get a General Grievous (caped) GL.
  • I am pretty sure the Yoda pic was the app icon at some point iirc
  • Edit: And imo Maul is totally worth a GL