174 posts Member
edited March 2021
c5e5oida3q2t.jpg
w51wpl2kebs4.jpg
o11pdp7t1m0y.jpg
guc8rv890em4.jpg
q9v18rh3o0qg.jpg
k8cnsc4ordd1.jpg

Can someone please help me figure this out? I generally use Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar (although I sometimes try switching Jolee with T3M4). I have checked the videos on YouTube and no matter what I try I can't get it to work.

I start with the stasis Jedis on the right, but when I try to armour shred from Zaalbar on Malak (as all the guides say to), Mission throws her bomb which then causes Malak to drain a stasis jedi.

Then once I eliminate all the stasis jedi and just have Malak and the droids, if I try attacking Malak he uses that health steal almost every turn and picks me off. I've tried just attacking the droids (as some guides suggest, but Malak throws on the taunt and I end up attacking him, which makes him use his health steal.

With the exception of Jolee (and T3M4) who are g12, all have relics. What can I do? Are they supposed to be all r7 or something? How can I beat this?
Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• c5e5oida3q2t.jpg
    w51wpl2kebs4.jpg
    o11pdp7t1m0y.jpg
    guc8rv890em4.jpg
    q9v18rh3o0qg.jpg
    k8cnsc4ordd1.jpg

Can someone please help me figure this out? I generally use Revan, Bastilla, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar (although I sometimes try switching Jolee with T3M4). I have checked the videos on YouTube and no matter what I try I can't get it to work.

I start with the stasis Jedis on the right, but when I try to armour shred from Zaalbar on Malak (as all the guides say to), Mission throws her bomb which then causes Malak to drain a stasis jedi.

Then once I eliminate all the stasis jedi and just have Malak and the droids, if I try attacking Malak he uses that health steal almost every turn and picks me off. I've tried just attacking the droids (as some guides suggest, but Malak throws on the taunt and I end up attacking him, which makes him use his health steal.

With the exception of Jolee (and T3M4) who are g12, all have relics. What can I do? Are they supposed to be all r7 or something? How can I beat this?
    Any help is appreciated.

Let me offer some advice. I was able to beat the event with I think relic 4 Jolee and Bastilla and a G12 Revan. First I would recommend increasing Bastilla speed, but that's probably not necessary. I used Revan, Jolee, Bastilla, Mission and Zaalbar. Opening battle, my Revan went first. I put marked onto either the left or the right droid(doesn't really matter). I focus all my attacks until that droid dies. I also put Zaalbar's armor shred on the droid. I always had problems with Malak getting to his 30 stacks and getting enraged, so I focus a lot on killing the droids to keep his stacks. Once both droids are stripped of protection, I start working on the stasis jedi that is the most dangerous(The one that gives all the buffs to Malak, I think it gives Offense Up, Speed Up and something else). If Malak drains that Jedi, just restart. Your goal is to not let him drain any jedi. Anyways, once you defeat the first jedi, just keep working your way around. Do not target Malak at all as much as possible. Inflicting armor shred on the droids makes it easier to kill them and thus reduce his Enraged counter. Once all the jedi are down, kill the droids a few more times to get his stack as low as possible, and then just start attacking Malak. The trick with Malak is that every time he uses that health steal, he loses 5% max HP, making it that much easier to kill him. So, try to weather the storm by making sure that all units have protection/bonus protection if you can. Jolee can give out bonus protection with his specials, and Revan's lead allows Jedi to recover protection when they attack out of turn, so make sure that you give bonus protection out to Zaalbar and Mission just keep calling Jedi to assist to keep their protection up. Should work after a try or two.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »
    Your goal is to not let him drain any jedi.

False.

It can be MUCH easier if you let him have the crit immunity and the tenacity up - it will keep you from getting fears, which are a dramatic setback.

You want to get him as close to yellow health as possible and 4/5 armor shreds before switching to focus on Malak.

It's a long fight.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    G13 is more than enough, as the event was tuned toward g12. I would say increasing speed would be the main thing (you have less than 100 speed from mods on all of those) and maybe you could try pushing offense on Revan and Bastila, but the pics don't show those stats.
    RTS wrote: »

False.

It can be MUCH easier if you let him have the crit immunity and the tenacity up - it will keep you from getting fears, which are a dramatic setback.

You want to get him as close to yellow health as possible and 4/5 armor shreds before switching to focus on Malak.

It's a long fight.

This is the advice that most of the guides offer. Also, keep marking the side droids as you want to get his enrage stacks down. There's a very delicate window there when you're on Malak where you want to damage him so he can't heal above 50%.

It's a really long battle and probably one of the worst events ever created for the game.
  • Thank you for your help everyone. I'm trying what you are suggesting, but it's still not working.
    He keeps hitting Zaalbar and removing his turn meter, which means I can't use shred on Malak more than once. I had Malak almost defeated at one point, but he then attacked (not force steal, just plain attacked) and his health healed to almost full.
    🙇‍♀️🤷‍♀️
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Make Zalbaar your fastest character, Jolee as fast as possible too. Offense set on Revan. As stated above, letting him have the tenacity and crit immunity will negate the constant fears on Mission. Use Revans lead ability to always call Bastilla for ability blocks on the droids, and Jolee should always call Z for the assist.

A fast Zalbaar should let you get your shred stacks up to where you need them to win.
  • RTS wrote: »

False.

It's a long fight.

Every time I won the event, I did it without letting him get any jedi killed. I even replayed the event to get my advice. No jedi is the best way to go. I also beat him without any stacks of armor shred on him. It was pretty easy, I didn't lose any characters.
  • Kelarn wrote: »
    Make Zalbaar your fastest character, Jolee as fast as possible too. Offense set on Revan. As stated above, letting him have the tenacity and crit immunity will negate the constant fears on Mission. Use Revans lead ability to always call Bastilla for ability blocks on the droids, and Jolee should always call Z for the assist.

A fast Zalbaar should let you get your shred stacks up to where you need them to win.

Definitely not. Zaalbar is not that important. Jedi Revan has to be the fastest one on the field. If he doesn't go first when the encounter opens, then you need more speed on him. His abilities are just too powerful for him to not get the most turns. You can use Marked to avoid Malak's taunting and take out droids.

Another tip of advice here is to always use Revan's leadership special to call Revan to assist. I forgot what that ability was called but it's just the granted one from his leadership that can call another ally to attack.
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    Kelarn wrote: »

Definitely not. Zaalbar is not that important. Jedi Revan has to be the fastest one on the field. If he doesn't go first when the encounter opens, then you need more speed on him. His abilities are just too powerful for him to not get the most turns. You can use Marked to avoid Malak's taunting and take out droids.

Another tip of advice here is to always use Revan's leadership special to call Revan to assist. I forgot what that ability was called but it's just the granted one from his leadership that can call another ally to attack.

My Revan goes first each time. His speed doesn't seem to be a problem. What is the problem is no matter what order I go in, his rage is in the double digits. I even did it once where no droids were called at all. I don't know if that was a glitch or what. Its that health steal that gets me each time which increases his rage, and since he keeps knocking out turn meters, Zaalbar and Mission can't use their specials and he just wipes them out. I'm trying several times a day, but no matter what I'm doing it isn't changing anything.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    Taking them to relics only made it harder, you increased their hp and that helps Malak's drains.
    Just looking at Zalbaar, if you did 40k and Malak got a bonus turn he would drain and gain 70k back
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »

False.

It's a long fight.

this is the easiest way to go!
    Zaalbar should be the fastest and Jolee + Bastilla the second fastest.
    Always assist on Zaalbar and let him shred as much as u can.

letting him drain those jedis helps also a lot.

there are plenty of usefull guides on youtube.
    when i unlocked Malak most of my toons were G12
  • t38o3kku5dhn.jpg
    Here is an update... Zaalbar managed to get three armour shreds, and not one of them stuck...
    Now what? 🙇‍♀️
  • MikKro wrote: »
    Taking them to relics only made it harder, you increased their hp and that helps Malak's drains.
    Just looking at Zalbaar, if you did 40k and Malak got a bonus turn he would drain and gain 70k back

I understand that, but without the relics, I couldn't have gotten them strong enough to have even managed to unlock the battle. Jolee only managed to get there barely by g12 with a relic.
  • t38o3kku5dhn.jpg
    Here is an update... Zaalbar managed to get three armour shreds, and not one of them stuck...
    Now what? 🙇‍♀️

How long did malak have that crit immunity buff? Because zalbaar needs to crit on that attack to armor shred
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    t38o3kku5dhn.jpg
    Now what? 🙇‍♀️

How long did malak have that crit immunity buff? Because zalbaar needs to crit on that attack to armor shred

Almost since the beginning. He had that because everyone here was suggesting letting him have that so he wouldn't inflict fear.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    t38o3kku5dhn.jpg
    Now what? 🙇‍♀️

Almost since the beginning. He had that because everyone here was suggesting letting him have that so he wouldn't inflict fear.

Oh, well you want him to get it, but not until the end. Get the armor shreds up, leave the crit immunity jedi alone and kill the others. Then you make sure your big stuff is off cooldown, let him get crit immunity and unleash on him.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    MikKro wrote: »

I understand that, but without the relics, I couldn't have gotten them strong enough to have even managed to unlock the battle. Jolee only managed to get there barely by g12 with a relic.

?

Jolee in your screenshot has 21,4k power, you need 17.5k on them to enter.

Edit: Also, once he has 5 infusion stacks its pretty much game over
  • Another thing you need to keep in mind is when he drops below 50% health his drain life cd is reset. So you can get stuck in a visious loop of dropping him below 50%, he drains life just above 50%, so then you hit him and he gets it right back. You want to make sure when you drop him below 50% he stays there, so use revans call all when he's /just/ above 50%. Then jolees assist, bastillas, the hat etc. You don't want to unleash everything when he's at 100% health. You want to do it at a point where you'll drop him to 30-40% so he stops resetting that cooldown.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member