Weren't we supposed to receive Razor Crest shards?

Prev1
I received the Conquest inbox rewards for the issue outlined in the dev posts, but weren't there supposed to be 4 Razor Crest shards as well? I didn't receive any.

Replies

• Me either
  • h7j9qa8c8qot.jpg

Me either
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    The Razor Crest shards will be coming with the update.
  • Oh wow, I got 20?! Yay!

o13lf71mwaef.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Oh wow, I got 20?! Yay!

o13lf71mwaef.png

So do I. Talking about the rewards that Doja mentioned in an earlier post.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Everyone got however many blueprints they were supposed to get from their boxes. That wasn’t bugged.

What was bugged is that at some point in the Conquest map there was supposed to be a jawa merchant that sold 4 blueprints for some number of Conquest bucks. That jawa showed up for some folks, but not for most. So we’re all getting a make-good on that.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Where are my knives? qi4lljwp77c0.png

What crate did you finish with? Might be connected to that.. That or they just like me 😀
  • Hexen_Jagar
    632 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    [Answered]
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Weird. I stopped at gold. Maybe @Kyno can ping someone to find out why we all didn't get the same rewards.

Why would we get the same rewards?

Taking the max crate as an example. Those that earned it were missing one pull from four boxes. The fix allowed people to get the missing pulls, which are still going to be random and based on the potential contents of each gear box.

Those that only earned the gold box (T6) were missing five pulls rather than four. Max crate got more blueprints, mod stuff and Relic salvage instead, which was distributed with the initial rewards.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Weird. I stopped at gold. Maybe @Kyno can ping someone to find out why we all didn't get the same rewards.

Taking the max crate as an example. Those that earned it were missing one pull from four boxes. The fix allowed people to get the missing pulls, which are still going to be random and based on the potential contents of each gear box.

Those that only earned the gold box (T6) were missing five pulls rather than four. Max crate got more blueprints, mod stuff and Relic salvage instead, which was distributed with the initial rewards.

I figured this was the make good for the RC shards. Didn't realize ppl were missing pulls from the boxes.
  • Just out of interest, anyone who has zipped through hard mode already, were there any scavenger' selling RC shards at any stages?
  • Damon_Skye wrote: »
    Just out of interest, anyone who has zipped through hard mode already, were there any scavenger' selling RC shards at any stages?

So far, I've seen them in Section Three (seems to be the confirmed starting point for it popping based on alliance reports, and I haven't heard of anyone seeing them sooner) and Section Four. I expect they are also in Section Five, but I'm only three nodes in and not seen a Wandering Scavenger in that section yet.

Four blueprints for 500 Conquest currency.

I figured this was the make good for the RC shards. Didn't realize ppl were missing pulls from the boxes.

We only got half the gear pulls in the initial rewards send out. The gear last night was a fix for that. The four Razor Crest shards that were missing from the Section Five Normal mode Scavenger are being sent out with an upcoming update.
    Damon_Skye wrote: »
    Just out of interest, anyone who has zipped through hard mode already, were there any scavenger' selling RC shards at any stages?

So far, I've seen them in Section Three (seems to be the confirmed starting point for it popping based on alliance reports, and I haven't heard of anyone seeing them sooner) and Section Four. I expect they are also in Section Five, but I'm only three nodes in and not seen a Wandering Scavenger in that section yet.

Four blueprints for 500 Conquest currency.

Nice one - thanks for the heads up! Good to know :smile:
  • I figured the Chewie shards were equal to the razor shards promised
  • crzydroid wrote: »

And still no razor shards...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Sorry if this has been answered, as I have been travelling the past few weeks and been busy -

So are the Razor Crest shards randomly appearing at the Wandering Scavenger nodes supposed to be random or not?

If they are intended to be random (meaning, available to some players and not others), some feedback: making the unlock of ships random is not ideal. I think most players would prefer a situation whereby there is a "set" number of Razor Crest shards available throughout the event so that players who wish to maximize them can and players who wish to spend their event currency on other things can do that as well.

Full disclosure - this is coming from someone who has yet to see a purple data discqueetteesque. So RNG apparently hates me. As such, I would prefer it not play a larger part in asset acquisition than it already does.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • crzydroid wrote: »

But which update? had the update that brought Bo-Katan into the game and none of the RC shards.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

But which update? had the update that brought Bo-Katan into the game and none of the RC shards.

An update to be named later.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered, as I have been travelling the past few weeks and been busy -

So are the Razor Crest shards randomly appearing at the Wandering Scavenger nodes supposed to be random or not?

If they are intended to be random (meaning, available to some players and not others), some feedback: making the unlock of ships random is not ideal. I think most players would prefer a situation whereby there is a "set" number of Razor Crest shards available throughout the event so that players who wish to maximize them can and players who wish to spend their event currency on other things can do that as well.

Full disclosure - this is coming from someone who has yet to see a purple data discqueetteesque. So RNG apparently hates me. As such, I would prefer it not play a larger part in asset acquisition than it already does.

@Nikoms565
    I am not 100% sure, but yes I believe it will randomly appear in the later sections of the event.

Also, duly noted. I will see if this has been added to the list. While this may have some effect on the rate, unless someone always has good RNG it doesnt speed them up that much. Not that, this is a reason to not consider a change (if it is 100% random)
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

AFAIK from seeing Ahnaldt stream and my own run, the scavangers who sells gear and RC shards, are not random and have the same stuff for everyone

RC shards should appear on one of those scavengers on Sector 3, 4 and 5 IIRC
  • Lumpawarump
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Razor Crest blueprint shards intended to be available for purchase on Scavenger Merchant nodes in Conquest were missing from the Normal Sector 5 merchant. As such, we will be sending four (4) Razor Crest blueprint shards to all level 85 players who participated in Conquest. This will happen during the next update.

We've had multiple title updates since the Devs made this announcement. Where are the four shards? I realize this is not much, but why make an announcement like this if you don't follow through?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Razor Crest blueprint shards intended to be available for purchase on Scavenger Merchant nodes in Conquest were missing from the Normal Sector 5 merchant. As such, we will be sending four (4) Razor Crest blueprint shards to all level 85 players who participated in Conquest. This will happen during the next update.

We've had multiple title updates since the Devs made this announcement. Where are the four shards? I realize this is not much, but why make an announcement like this if you don't follow through?

Because they are going to follow through. Patients.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Patients.

Look here, Crumb Jr. If that is supposed to be some kind of thinly-veiled Doctor-puzzle teaser, I cannot imagine the community will have the patience for your patients' puns.

Zak Zaz confirmed! (Mando doctor)

Zakzaz.png
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

They did not follow through. The "next" update has been and gone.
  • Lumpawarump
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    StarSon wrote: »

They did not follow through. The "next" update has been and gone.

This. Don't say "during the next update" if you really mean "be patient, we'll get these shards to you at some point, but not before the next Conquest kicks off, we release multiple title updates, make good on messing up the first Conquest reward crates, and release another toon."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Patients.

Look here, Crumb Jr. If that is supposed to be some kind of thinly-veiled Doctor-puzzle teaser, I cannot imagine the community will have the patience for your patients' puns.

Zak Zaz confirmed! (Mando doctor)

Zakzaz.png

9ndrsm3qkddk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.