Darth Maul and Yoda - Google play pics

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    So the maul is from the cartoon show, and the yoda is from the cartoon movies?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    (*reads "MaRey Sue"*)

(*stops reading*)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    I keep seeing this argument that Maul isn't worthy of GL status. Total icon, introduced the fandom to the double-bladed lightsaber, has a long story in the animated shows where he goes from crazed spiderbot to leading his own crime syndicate and ruling Mandalore, epic rivalry with Kenobi and breaks away from his former master.
    Used as a tool by Sidious long before he became SEE.
    Chopped in half by Padawan Kenobi.
    Revived by Disney because, uh, reasons I guess.
    Conquered a pacifist Mandalore with a bunch of crimelords but couldn't hold it.
    Finally killed by old Ben Kenobi.
    Not a GL. Not even close.
    Zanir wrote: »
    Meanwhile in GL land: happy MaRey Sue noises

Disney's new shinies are GL-worthy but Maul is not? Give me a break. BTW, this is a baseless conspiracy theory, but I totally believe that all 4 GLs in the game are from the sequels because Disney mandated it.
    Defeated the First Order and the Sith Eternal Emperor, saving the New Republic.
    Sounds like a GL to me.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Defeated the First Order and the Sith Eternal Emperor, saving the New Republic.
    Sounds like a GL to me.

bUt ShE hAd No TrAiNiNg
  • Larx wrote: »
    would be really nice to see a GL Maul and GL Kenobi pair.
    he would be definetely a GL considering what he made in clone wars and comic books.
    it was just a too small part in Episode I, but also in this movie he spreaded fear among all jedis.

Qui-Gon Jin wasn´t a bad master at all. So yes, Maul could really be a GLworthy toon or an epic confrontation toon like Malak or GAS.

Hell yeah! would be awesome!

new Life for Savage and maybe some synergy with nightsisters

I always thought one of the big mistakes in phantom menace was how maul never actually did anything bad/evil/ruthless at all to really establish him as a bad guy. He just looked menacing, then fought against jedi.

Other than the iconic duel, he was just underused in TPM. This was a shame as he was the best thing about that film.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    My money is still on Ahsoka and Thrawn.
    TVF wrote: »
    (*reads "MaRey Sue"*)

(*stops reading*)

Glad to see I'm not the only one. They always tell on themselves.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »
    he would be definetely a GL considering what he made in clone wars and comic books.
    it was just a too small part in Episode I, but also in this movie he spreaded fear among all jedis.

Qui-Gon Jin wasn´t a bad master at all. So yes, Maul could really be a GLworthy toon or an epic confrontation toon like Malak or GAS.

I always thought one of the big mistakes in phantom menace was how maul never actually did anything bad/evil/ruthless at all to really establish him as a bad guy. He just looked menacing, then fought against jedi.

Other than the iconic duel, he was just underused in TPM. This was a shame as he was the best thing about that film.

That bar is so low it's underground.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

Jarjar Binks got more screen time and had a bigger impact on events.

Galactic Legend Jarjar confirmed!!! :D
  • TVF wrote: »

That bar is so low it's underground.

Er, yes - I can't really argue with that.
  • A second “Sith” and second jedi GL? I doubt it
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Shaddess wrote: »
    A second “Sith” and second jedi GL? I doubt it
    In case you missed it, the whole Star Wars saga is Sith vs Jedi for control of the galaxy. :D
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    What are you talking about, all i see is this:
    s7tvb1hm29qf.jpeg

Is Mando holding a spear ?
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    In case you missed it, the whole Star Wars saga is Sith vs Jedi for control of the galaxy. :D

In case you missed it, SLKR isnt a Sith and Rey eh....eh....not training properly....eh...
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Durandal wrote: »

In case you missed it, SLKR isnt a Sith and Rey eh....eh....not training properly....eh...
    In case you missed it, SLKR was a tool of the Sith and Rey was a product of the Sith, trained by a Jedi Porg-herder. :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Durandal wrote: »

In case you missed it, SLKR was a tool of the Sith and Rey was a product of the Sith, trained by a Jedi Porg-herder. :D

We Have a Winner. Sith GLs is enough to us!!!
    🌚
  • I think GL Maul/Yoda combo would be awesome
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Anakin starts as a Mary Sue (however he had enhanced reflexes and lots of practice at flying, he loses to Dooku and Kenobi), Luke doesn’t train much either (but he loses to Vader and the emperor), and Rey is more powerful than Kylo (extensive training, though injured and mentally conflicted) about the same time she knew the force was even something that existed. She beats Luke a day or so after learning about the force (Luke had closed himself off from the force, but he just blew up the stone hut in the same scene).

Rey never faced adversity beyond her powers and therefore many people don’t buy into her as a good character in films. She just wins at everything she does as opposed to the struggles previous characters had to go through. Mary Sue or not, Rey’s story is much less compelling due to simply winning at everything. If she lost just once, she would be much more believable and compelling.
  • Konju wrote: »
    Anakin starts as a Mary Sue (however he had enhanced reflexes and lots of practice at flying, he loses to Dooku and Kenobi), Luke doesn’t train much either (but he loses to Vader and the emperor), and Rey is more powerful than Kylo (extensive training, though injured and mentally conflicted) about the same time she knew the force was even something that existed. She beats Luke a day or so after learning about the force (Luke had closed himself off from the force, but he just blew up the stone hut in the same scene).

Rey never faced adversity beyond her powers and therefore many people don’t buy into her as a good character in films. She just wins at everything she does as opposed to the struggles previous characters had to go through. Mary Sue or not, Rey’s story is much less compelling due to simply winning at everything. If she lost just once, she would be much more believable and compelling.

Different story, not less compelling imo, but you know, opinions ;) . Rey wins letting go her emotions Elsa-style, fear and wrath all around. She’s a good girl that his blessed/cursed with dangerous powers that could destroy the galaxy if not channeled properly.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Yes all opinions. Some people don’t like Star Wars at all. That is fine. Some like Rey, that’s fine. Some hate her, that’s fine. My feelings about her are meh. The sequel trilogy didn’t catch my interest and one viewing of each film was enough for me.

I never watched Frozen, but if Rey had to fight with her feelings, faced adversity beyond her abilities, or struggled in any way; I would find her to be a more compelling character. As the films are, she just wins at anything she does and that’s not realistic or compelling for me. To each their own.

Sorry this is all a bit off topic, but comparing the GL tags for speculative characters and the existing ones in the game can drive discussions to the source content quite easily.
  • Rey, whatever we might think of her, is the one who defeated Palpatine once and for all and is known throughout the galaxy.
    And they say oh why do people hate the new movies, that's because they undo the original trilogy in episode 9 lol
  • gusyud
    41 posts Member
    darth maul, leader of the mandalorian or holder of a dark saber
  • Nauros wrote: »

And almost drove his speeder right over Anakin on Tatooine, who at that point was just a random kid for all he knew. If Ani didn't duck in time, the whole saga would have ended right then and there, because Maul wanted to kill some Jedi and didn't care who was in the way.

and there was always this...
    el1gxxfdkgwx.jpeg
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    Wait a second.. Since when the developers are sitting in Switzerland?

They have a time share on a second computer in Switzerland, you know, for the 'busy season,' when they need to have two programmers working at the same time.

We know the taxes are cheap in Switzerland?
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    Edit: And imo Maul is totally worth a GL

Maul is totally worth a GL.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Naver666 wrote: »

He needs a second form in game before I could see there being a Galactic Legend version of him.

Scavenger Rey --> Jedi Training Rey --> Rey
    Kylo Ren --> Kylo Ren Unmasked --> Taco Supreme Kylo Ren
    Darth Sidious --> Emperor Palpatine --> Sith Eternal Emperor
    Farmboy Luke --> Commander Luke --> Jedi Knight Luke --> Grand Master Luke

So it looks like we've got Chewbacca, Leia, Han, Lando, Obi-Wan, Anakin/Vader, Finn, Poe, Ahsoka, and Mandalorian.

You need a start point, a midpoint, and an ending point to be a Galactic Legend. If you have a start point and an ending point, like Maul, you're a standard Legendary. The problem being that villians tend to have a shorter life expectency in fiction, and since the narrative is usually focused on the heroes you don't get a whole lot of character growth from them. That makes second characters harder to make.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I think GL Maul/Yoda combo would be awesome

A Maul/Kenobi combo would make more sense than Yoda...hell, even Ashoka/Maul would make more sense.
  • Naver666 wrote: »

Forgettable character from the worst Star Wars movie isn’t worth a GL. Jar Jar is more deserving.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Forgettable character from the worst Star Wars movie isn’t worth a GL. Jar Jar is more deserving.

He has quite the arc in the Clone Wars that was rather good, from a lunatic mechaspider thing, to ruling Mandalore to that sweet duel with Ashoka. He's 1000% better than Jar Jar.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

He has quite the arc in the Clone Wars that was rather good, from a lunatic mechaspider thing, to ruling Mandalore to that sweet duel with Ashoka. He's 1000% better than Jar Jar.

No one is better than Jar Jar.