Randomness of data disks

2Next

Replies

• It would be nice if they could stop the duplicate disks on the same node. It’s happened 3 times in sector one already. I get Rey might be duplicated if I have two nodes to choose from as sometimes I may not follow the route to both nodes. But my experience would be better if I could at least have multiple choices on a single node. This was disappointing after defeating a boss.

p59qx7wbpcy6.jpeg

Ruff life over there. Have to pick between 2 very good blue cards....
  • image0.png

2 of the same disc is a problem? At least there you get choice.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    You get a choice between a data disc and the scavenger though.

J/k, that's a big oof right there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    HJoci30 wrote: »
    The best discs are still the cooldown decrease ones.

For real. I got a green one up top in the first node, second datadisc node gave me a disc that gives defense up, tenacity up, and crit immunity buffs at the start of each turn. Shoot, man, that combination is OP as hell and only uses 3 capacity. I added another 1 capacity disc that gives 4% stacking offense any time a buff is gained.

I would muuuuuuch rather have that than one purple that uses as much capacity....

That said, it’s still a little too random because I got three with excellent synergy right off the bat and other folks probably don’t have the same combination open to them. Long and short of it is that purples are overrated, but randomness does have to be controlled a little more.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Thanks Kyno. I appreciate the response.
  • They will, that is currently on the list of bugs.

I am so glad that they consider that a bug and are fixing it, and I very much appreciate your communication about it, Kyno.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Honestly, if they just got rid of the cost of swapping, the randomness wouldn't bother me. For the foreseeable future, I'm rolling with "first 12 dots".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @Nikoms565

I've advocated that they automatically remove all your data disks after each Sector Boss battle. I think that would be enough. Pay to swap if you're doing it battle by battle, but new sectors have different sector feats with different preferred factions & whatever, which require different strategies. If they just stripped your disks for free - all of them, automatically, so you can put back on the same ones if you want but you don't have to - once time after each sector, I think that would be enough.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Honestly, if they just got rid of the cost of swapping, the randomness wouldn't bother me. For the foreseeable future, I'm rolling with "first 12 dots".

This. I thought the point of the mode is replayability. Why put downward pressure on players to try different setups?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

This. I thought the point of the mode is replayability. Why put downward pressure on players to try different setups?

I could see an argument being "well, if there was no cost people would swap to different setups all the time to take advantage of different teams strengths (multiple leaders resolve on Mon Mothma or GAS teams, offense boost upon buff on GMY jedi or trooper teams, turn meter gain when enemies fall below 100% HP on Talzin NS teams, etc.) and the mode would be too easy" but then again we got the cooling systems data disk which makes it a cake walk anyway.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    3qmfzefa9key.png
    This made me laugh. Couldn't get anything decent all the way through but then received this after defeating the sector 5 boss 😂
  • Saada wrote: »
    This made me laugh. Couldn't get anything decent all the way through but then received this after defeating the sector 5 boss 😂

That's so you can go back and ace the feats.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    In sector 5 now, and I still don’t have any purple datadisks lol.

Also twice I arrived at a path that leads to two data disk nodes, and both have 5 of the same **** disk which gives extra hitting power to healers. Not much of a choice really.
  • @khdelboy

I don't know where you're at with KAM, but KAM + Healers + that disk = slaughter.
  • @khdelboy

I don't know where you're at with KAM, but KAM + Healers + that disk = slaughter.

Nowhere near unlocking him.

I have two solidarity shards lol

• Lol I only found out purple ones exist by reading through this thread. And I thought I was getting so lucky getting all these greens to fill out my data capacity.
  • Just finished my hard run through no purples annoyingly.

Got a couple on normal last time.
  • @khdelboy

You mean KAM + healers + that disk + gear = slaughter. Who has their healers geared? Lol
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    @khdelboy

You mean KAM + healers + that disk + gear = slaughter. Who has their healers geared? Lol

Duh, I guess you are rolling with g8 attackers in conquest. Gear is a given in anything that connects to success in the game.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    @khdelboy

Duh, I guess you are rolling with g8 attackers in conquest. Gear is a given in anything that connects to success in the game.

You didn’t get it...

I even explained my joke in the comment while thinking “you should never have to explain the joke.”
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Saada wrote: »

That's so you can go back and ace the feats.

To honest I haven't equipped it yet cause it's not something needed for feats so far. It would have been handy early so that winning the battles throughout the sectors with lower tier squads would have been possible which is sort of what I was getting at. Getting it now makes me think I'm not sure I'm going to use it at all.
  • Long time lurker, first time poster..

5.936 GP, no GLs, no DR or Malak, (working on JML, 8/15 currently) less than $80 spent lifetime with the game.

Just reached Sector 5 Boss. Not a SINGLE PURPLE DATA DISK dropped. Zip, nada, nothing. Just the same consistent Data Disks over and over. Some were duplicates in the same selection box (that's a poor "random" algorithm, IMHO)

Now, before one says,

"Well, what's your problem? You still reached the very end. The lack of the "better" Data Disks did not hold you back."

I counter that it will hold me back from achieving higher reward boxes. Just because I reached the end does in no way mean it was a success. After all, the Consumables also offer a temporary Boost that cannot be overlooked.

The true success is in how far one can go to achieve the Feats and thus the higher reward boxes.

The mode is fun and interesting. I used CLS lead, Raid Han, Chewie, C3-P0, and ROLO to great effect. The other squad was Palpatine lead, Vader, Thrawn, B2, and Wat. The Cooling Systems buffs (stacking at 59%) combined with Offensive Buffs, Decay: Turn Meter, Ruthless Swiftness, and Stacking Offense are the Data Disks that are used to reach the Last Boss.

But the lack of the Purple Data Disk drops will affect anyone's ability to achieve the highest possible Reward Box. This needs to adjusted.
  • I think the fascination with purple disks is overrated.

I got one this time around and have yet to equip it. There are so many other combinations that do more.

Someone getting lots of blue disks while I’m getting all white would be a bigger concern for me. I think there could be a better progression of white to green to blue, but the purple disks are not all that important to me
  • Does anyone know whether by equipping 2 leader resolve cards you really get twice the bonuses e.g. +40% speed for the leader?
    I have 2 identical leader resolve cards equipped, but given that my r3 Vader is often not going first (sector3) despite the fact that he should be at 350+ speed is a little confusing.
    Thanks.
  • It's been said that all the cards are, in fact, cumulative.

That said, the "leader resolve" card was bugged during the initial normal mode rollout. In that case, the bug was that the Leader Resolve card was improving the stats of ALL allies, not just the leader. If Vader is going after other toons of yours, it's probably that they simply haven't fixed this yet and your other toons are also getting the bonus. If Vader is going after an enemy, I'm surprised, because I'm outracing the enemy easily with Vader, and it doesn't sound like your unmodified speed is less than mine.