Let's Chat About Conquest Strategy

Replies

• Nopublicidavail
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Bruh last time I played Conquest I had no problems with it on normal mode. Now I’m losing to Geos, Darth Revan, GAS, Padme and a few others. What was wrong with leaving the Normal mode alone? Why can’t we have one event that gives half decent rewards that isn’t insanely stupid.

I’ll leave this here as is but add this:

I was wrong. The difference this time is that I was trying to battle between 50-70% stamina. I also didn’t use the same data discs. I didn’t update my strategy to match my approach this time. So, to the Devs, my bad bro 😂 I tend to be a sore loser
    Post edited by Nopublicidavail on
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Bruh last time I played Conquest I had no problems with it on normal mode. Now I’m losing to Geos, Darth Revan, GAS, Padme and a few others. What was wrong with leaving the Normal mode alone? Why can’t we have one event that gives half decent rewards that isn’t insanely stupid.

No changes were made in between contests.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I’m not noticing any change with my 2.4M (Vader, JKR, & Padme teams only), but I have seen a few others are struggling a bit more.
  • Mad_Cat
    8 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    For this second conquest run, I really think that enemy teams have been tuned to higher speed. I'm using the same data disks as during the first run where I got to beginning of sector 5 and can't pass now the 2 last fights of sector 3. All teams start first, killing 1-2 toons before I have a turn despite my R5 Thrawn and 327 speed...
    I even tried with GAT as leader, using Leader resolve (speed + 24%) - which should bring it to 405... the 2 teams I can fight (Darth Revan or Resistance) start first! This is ridiculous...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nope
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Are you sure you’re not running on Hard mode this time?
  • Are you sure you’re not running on Hard mode this time?

Nope - didn't beat normal mode on first conquest ;)
  • I just completed the fight nodes for hard sector 5 and have to go back through everything for feats but I found I never changed disks, I did lose three fights to include a Malak & Wat duet.
    I ended up using the disks for offensive and defense buffs, both low level; three of the cool down disks of different values, a vitality disk, a ruthless swiftness disk and a stacking offense disk.
    I found Vader to be very good for stacking his dots to just destroy the enemy. If I could have gotten him to cycle faster, I probably could have gotten the 300 dot feat in one battle.
  • Now we are seeing the normal setting to be much harder to clear each level. To say there has been no difference is a lie.

What do you have to back this up ? It’s a rather strong claim.

If it’s random, as it was stated, being harder for you this time around doesn’t necessarily mean the normal setting is tuned to be much harder. It could mean you were unlucky this time around so it’s harder for you.
  • . I also still have not received the crates that were supposed to be rewarded..[/quote

Both my accounts have received the crates that were missing for the first conquests and I thought the communication and speed with which it was resolved was really rather good.

If you haven’t had yours maybe submit a ticket?
  • Oddly enough, I found the hard level not much more difficult than normal. Sure the later squads were r8 but by then, I had lots of disks, even petty ones, to offset. My arena squad destroyed the final boss. Now I think the difference between hard and normal is in the feats.
    Have to fight and win 20 fights in a sector with only 14 battles requires you to spend more time and/or crystals to earn those 15 points for a crate. Killing more enemy in the campaign than available requires repeats (I don’t recall a single NS opponent to just keep killing zombie).
    Not able to count how many cries you get in a row requiring you to scrap out the fight to be sure you hit 30 times, or 15 in a row, requires repeats unless you are lucky.
    If asked, what did I spend the reward “cash” on, it was only the Razorcrest shards. I bought nothing else in a store. No sims, no mods, no gear - just shards.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Starslayer, It's very easy to back up and it's not random, nor was it stated as random. The same teams running against the same level ran last time.

Running normal again on my 3m alt, it's not at all any harder.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    this mode is such trash. I don't remember asking for hours of more screentime. Best thing this game had going was that it was fun, you could do well, and it didn't take forever. welp
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF I've seen your recent posts and you seem to refute any time someone says they are experiencing a higher level of difficulty this time around. You really don't like when someone claims it's more difficult. Interesting....

I don't like made up complaints, true.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TVF I've seen your recent posts and you seem to refute any time someone says they are experiencing a higher level of difficulty this time around. You really don't like when someone claims it's more difficult. Interesting....

What's interesting is that while everyone should know all nodes besides boss are random, they still have no problems claiming -more difficult- without any proof or explanation why it would be more difficult. Instead of making infinite claims about lie&truth, maybe show us something what exactly makes it more difficult?

Are you using the same cards as you did last time? There is one superbly basic thing you have differently than your first run.
  • What are you guys using for final tier JML team?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Several people have stated they are experience the same thing and you are up here as an EA apologist claiming it can't possibly be true. How arrogant!

Several people claim all sorts of wrong things here daily.
  • Doing normal again on one of my accounts, noticed zero differences in difficulty. If anything it has been easier because now I have more information on what discs to target and have been lucky enough to get.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    No, anyone who thinks that it does have to show some evidence and maybe a rationale why that would be so. It's not like cg has a pledge to the current setups, we are in the test period they have any right to change anything and say that they did ;).
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    is there a way to see what the level squads were from the previous iteration? That seems to be the easiest way to resolve this.

this would be good. Going on "feels" sure isn't the way to go for evidence imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you