Let's Chat About Conquest Strategy

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    what do you need for evidence? the same levels in level 4 have 2 relics on the empire team. they didn't have those on the first conquest on level 4. Is there a way to set them up side by side? I'd love to see that exhibit.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. I don't have access to the current normal, but I remember pretty well how the first one was like. It was setup like this. 1st sector all g12s everything, 2nd sector forth r1 to 4 by one step each sector. All teams in a sector have the same relic levels. This is also the case for hard as well. Team bonuses start from %0-20 in the 1st sector and goes to %50-90 in the last one (also same in hard).

Does this fit with the current normal?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    There is an actual chance of increased difficulty because CG fixed a few bugs with various Data Disks from the first Conquest run. If you relied primarily on the bugged cards, then you could very well be experiencing a harder conquest if you're using them again.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited March 2021
  • what do you need for evidence? the same levels in level 4 have 2 relics on the empire team. they didn't have those on the first conquest on level 4. Is there a way to set them up side by side? I'd love to see that exhibit.

If you really wanted to, you can go and look back at content creator streams to find out what teams and relic levels there were in the first run of Conquest. But like many people are saying, the levels haven't changed
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    This Normal level 4 on the path I chose
    First Node: JTR lead all with relic 2, JTR with 3 zeta, C3PO 2 zeta, R2d2 2 zeta, Fin and Holdo 1 zeta.
    Second Node: Phoenix group all relic 2 all zeta except chopper
    Third Node: First Order all zeta all relic 2
    Fourth Node: empire team all relic 2 zeta

They also all have 2 modifiers instead of 1

I think you are correct the step up one level each round, but I think the end of Level 3 into Level 4 is on a harder level

Some teams have 2 modifiers, some have 1. Depends on the team and team allocation is random.

You can find the level of the teams you’re supposed to face on the developer’s post presenting the mode. If it’s different from what you are facing, you’ll have something to back up your claim.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    2.4M alt account has seen 0 difference in difficulty. Only have G11-G12 JKR team, G11-R5 sith, and G11-R5 Padme. I’m in sector 4 and will hit sector 5 soon. I got stopped last time on Normal in sector 5, we will see what happens this time.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Evade feat on hard sector 5, how are you peeps doing it?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Evade feat on hard sector 5, how are you peeps doing it?

I haven't finished the whole feat yet but I've been using JKR, GK, GMY, HYoda and Jolee (GMY is the main cog in the machine. Deployable Cooling Systems, Offensive Buffs and Defensive Buffs are the main data disks at play. Use GMY's aoe when he gets a turn to steal some buffs and then spam his buff transfer to get foresight on everyone. Mainly use everyone's non-attacking abilities when it's their turn, to avoid killing the enemies too quickly (basic with JKR since he doesn't have a non-attacking ability). You'll probably get a lot of turns in between the enemy turns so it's a lot of button pressing, but most enemy attacks will result in an evade because everyone almost constantly has foresight. I've did the first two battles of the sector so far and am at 59/100 evades, first battle was against Dooku seps and the other was against Mon Mothma rebels. I think I could have gotten more but I was a bit distracted while playing and so lost some time where I wasn't doing anything.

I also used JKR's mark and GMY's aoe every once in a while in between using non-attacking abilities, so I could whittle the enemies down a bit and better control the timing of winning as the battle gets to the last half minute.
  • GL Rey + JTR vs. Ewoks.

Rey grants mastery gain, JTR gains dodge with increased mastery. Before long she doesn't need Foresight to dodge. Ewoks get lots of attacks, boom. You're done.

Make sure you have no Holdo, and putting R2 in for AoE stealth EXCEPT on JTR is a good move.
  • Natetiffer
    290 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm over half way through sector 4 Hard Node and I haven't seen a single 4 Dot Data Disc...

What's your favourite combo of data disks?
    I really liked Booming Voice and Dread. Dread worked really well with DRevan and NS and Booming Voice and massively Overpowered were good with GMY

If you could make your own data disk, what would it do?
    I think I'd like one that returned damage dealt by an enemy to the enemy just like the Galactic Republic Modifier

Share your best strategy for conquering different feats.
    One Team I have used a lot is Padme, JKA, GK, GMY and Shaak, especially with Booming Voice DD

What squad, data disks, consumables, or strategy did you use to achieve some of the more difficult ones?
    I used the Defence Penetration Consumable and a Health Mod for DREVAN Boss Battle Sector 3 HARD

What's your strategy for Consumables and which ones do you think are the best?
    Don't use them that often so that I have them if the battle is too difficult but like to have some stamina refreshes on hand

What's a squad you've found surprisingly powerful or fun during your runs?
    CLS, Raid Han, Chewie, Chewpio & C3PO
    Post edited by Natetiffer on
    This is the Way
  • MasterSeedy
    4993 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I'm over half way through sector 4 Hard Node and I haven't seen a single 4 Dot Data Disc...

I saw none in Normal & none in Hard through the Sector3 Boss Battle.

However, the disk reward after S3Boss included a purple disk (Massively Overpowered) as did the disk node after S4 (Dread).

As for favorite combo, I'm not saying this one is my favorite, but since I just used it for the first time (didn't want to be swapping disks around before Sector5), I gotta say that this one is cool:
    Massively overpowered with GMY, a strong cooldown disk (make it blue) and auto buff disks (you can use defensive buffs disk, HoT disk, or both). If your Massively OP isn't up, just use GMY's AoE to get another turn with more buffs and it will be. You get a MO shot off every other turn, and with GMY's +100% TM after AoE you can get a bunch of turns in a row.
  • Lol I’ve yet to get a purple or 4* disc, fully through normal and hard(obviously still doing feats but no items left to grab).
  • There's not even a purple disc on offer after battling SEE on hard... My offer is two 1 Dots and one 2 Dot

So sector 1 through 4 hard not a single four Dot Data Disk? Any one else seen this?

Just waiting for stamina refresh before I try SEE again
    This is the Way
  • There's a whole thread about Purple disks.

I hadn't seen one through alll of normal and up to the boss of Sector 3/Hard. Then I got one as my reward disk immediately post-S3-Boss and another in S4. That sounds lucky, but other folks got 3 purple disks in Normal mode.

I'm not sure how common they are supposed to be, bu there are a lot of people in your position. If you got one in Normal mode, you were ahead of the curve. If you didn't and are still at 0 purples total, then you're behind it.

Either way, a lot of people are providing feedback to CG that this shouldn't be the way, that there should be one or two standard places to find a purple disk for fairness between players.

I'm not as concerned since the biggest game changer (at least as it seems to me) is the cooldown+autobuff combination, which you can do with white disks if that's all you can find (although cooldown reset happens more often with green or blue disks).

I personally load up on speed/evasion boosts, auto-buffs, and cooldown reset disks and very, very rarely have any problems at all. Having to remove 2-4 of these other very useful disks in order to add one Purple disk isn't going to be an advantage for me in most fights. (Thus I'm not using them, though I will play with them a lot, I'm sure, once I'm done with rewards and just sandboxing. And I might use them against JML at the end of S5 - I'm only 3 fights away now - if my usual strategies don't seem to be working.)
  • I got 3 purple in Hard but ended up using none of them since the buffs+cooling combo is so powerful that it seemed a hassle to switch.
  • I feel like the evade feat is not counting them or dodge is different than evade. JTR, 3PO, BB8, R2 and Holdo was a great evade squad for GC evasion feats. Now with all that foresight up, I don’t get any credit. Dozens of fights and I have 26 evades.
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    I feel like the evade feat is not counting them or dodge is different than evade. JTR, 3PO, BB8, R2 and Holdo was a great evade squad for GC evasion feats. Now with all that foresight up, I don’t get any credit. Dozens of fights and I have 26 evades.

I got the feat done using GMY to spread foresight constantly, so foresight does work. I'm not sure what the problem is in your case then unfortunately
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I feel like the evade feat is not counting them or dodge is different than evade. JTR, 3PO, BB8, R2 and Holdo was a great evade squad for GC evasion feats. Now with all that foresight up, I don’t get any credit. Dozens of fights and I have 26 evades.

Did you have battles against DR squads?
  • Get rid of either Threepio or BB8 and add in Hermit Yoda.

I'm assuming you don't have GL Rey, because if you have GL Rey the obvious thing to do is Rey (L), BB8, R2, HY & JTR.

In either case you want to stealth everyone but but JTR (under Rey) or BB8 (Under JTR lead). Then do everything you can not to attack for the first few minutes. Use basics only from JTR. Everyone else uses non-combat abilities.

Remember that if you lose the battle OR time out the battle none of your dodges count, so starting your attacks early enough to win is crucial. Know your enemy and your own offensive capabilities.

I find that Ewoks is the best opponent to rack up a lot of evasions, but you can use a different enemy if that works for you.
  • Also an AoE triggering all 5 Foresights only counts as dodging one attack.
  • I could solo all of Sector 1 (Normal) with my vader with four data disks, there was a offensive buffs, a deffensive buffs, a leaders resolve, and a deployable cooling systems.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    I've noticed a substantial difference in difficulty from the first time conquest was launched to this level. I also still have not received the crates that were supposed to be rewarded. This fact pattern is very similar to previous cases filed against EA. In Zajonc et al. v. EA the FIFA cards used to upgrade players were made worthless. This is going to continue to be a problem for EA as they continue bait and switch tactics. This is not "bashing" or saying anything against EA. It's simple contract law. If the game states you are supposed to receive 3 crates of gear and you only get 1, that is fraud. Now we are seeing the normal setting to be much harder to clear each level. To say there has been no difference is a lie. There clearly is a difference and we can only assume this is intentional. While we may be barred from filing a class action claim that does not bar users from filing claims in arbitration. Those who have spent real money to upgrade their squads in order to receive the crates of gear promised in conquest do have legitimate claims. These are true statements. They are not defamatory or bashing EA and may not be removed by the forum.

EL OH EL
  • I just stack the ones that give my team TM and hurt the other team's TM.
  • For the evasion feat on sector 5 hard follow the strat for healing 500k on jml with revan lead gmy hermit jolee and gk. Do this 2 or 3 times and it will be in the bag
  • Just maybe spend a bit more time spreading the forsight when its down to just hermit and jml.
  • Jtr and resistance droids and kru for no attackers feat. Vader lead with sith attackers for no tank feat
  • The only teams to me of any use was jkr jedi team geos vader sid palps kru masked kylo and jtr and droids. And 1battle only jawas for the thermal detonaters feat