Conquest Speed Question

I know we cannot see actual speed values of the teams that we face in Conquest, but I have 2 accounts and have been seeing some dramatically different results in speed for what should be similar or even the same enemy teams.

Do we know if the boss fights should be consistent in speed or is there a chance that the speed could vary when Conquest is randomly generated?

I have used the DR boss fight in Sector 3 (on Normal) as a test. One one account, I have a 255 speed Vader, with 13% speed from Quickness data disks, running with all Sith in the team, and when I start the DR boss fight, my Vader goes first while the enemy DR only has 80% TM.

On the second account, I set the Vader to the same 255 speed, 13% speed from Quickness disks, exact same team composition, and exact same Stamina. However, when I start the battle, the enemy DR goes first while my Vader is only at 80% TM (others on the team are equally low on TM, I just use Vader as the benchmark since he is the fastest).

That is a very large difference in speed for the DR Boss encounter. I have tested the fight several times and the results are consistent. Before trying to remove data disks or trying to look for some bug that might be affecting either account, I was trying to find out if Boss fight speed should be consistent for everyone, or if there is intended randomness even in the Boss encounters.

I will try to try to test more but may have to wait until I have finished clearing and have spare energy. It has just been frustrating seeing this second account consistently have speed issues, while the other account with very similar teams does not have those problems.

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Are you paying attention to the 'Over Prepared' event buffs?
  • I'm not sure how they are basing it off of. I'm not sure if they have the regular relic stats that are then bumped by the % of increase depending on sector.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

The fight they’ve used as their example doesn’t have that event buff
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

The fight they’ve used as their example doesn’t have that event buff

Yes, I chose the DR boss fight since it would have consistent modifiers and also is consistent in where it is placed in the Sector, since I do not fully understand how the 'Stat bonuses increase further down the Sector' actually affects the encounters.

I could have some sort of bug affecting either account (maybe the first account is faster than it should be), but I was trying to determine if it is even okay to assume this boss fight should have consistent speeds.
  • A couple of questions came to my mind to verify,

1) are both teams at full stamina?
    2) are both Vader’s getting their speed from the same source, meaning same gear level, same amount being contributed by mods
    3) I know you said same team composition, assuming this also means same ability levels but want to verify
    4) are the quickness data disks identical? You said 13% which means that it’s two in each, is one character an 8% and 5% combo and the other two 6.5% disks?

My understanding is that the boss fights are supposed to be the same for everyone, which would indicate that even though using what appears to be the same starting point your Vader is ending up at different final speeds.
  • Thank you for the reply! To answer:

1) Yes, both teams are the same stamina. I have tried at 100% and also both at 90% (took screenshots of the 90%)
    2) Yes, both Vaders are the same relic level and getting the same amout of speed from mods (stat sheet when viewing Vader before starting the encounter shows 255)
    3) Both Vaders have the same ability levels. Only leadership is not zeta'd all others are maxed. The team I ran was Emperor Lead, Vader, Traya, Dooku, Bastilla Fallen. The other characters should not have any abilities/uniques that affect Vader's speed aside from their Empire/Sith tags, so I made sure to use the same characters on both accounts.
    4) Quickness disks are not identical. The first account has 2 green. The second account has 1 grey and 1 blue.

I would have tested more with the disks, but now I have to start spending conquest currency to remove them in addition to energy, so I was hesitant to do that. Given your comments about expectations for the boss fights, I may try to just remove all data disks from both accounts and see if that changes the results at all.
  • @ragnoris

I understand your questions, but that's a huge swing in speed.

For Sarlacc, if you don't understand the relevance of these questions, the +% speed might be based on the character's base speed, rather than their final speed after mods & status effects. If one Vader has higher base speed and worse mods, then **if** (stress the **if**) the +% is a bonus calculated off base speed before mods, the Vader which got to the same speed using fewer speed secondaries will end up with a higher final speed.

Likewise, the +% speed disks should be cumulative, but if they aren't, well, then having +8% and +5% will give +8%, while having +6.5% +6.5% will give you a bonus of only +6.5%. This would be a bug, but at least we would know why it was doing that.

My problem with Ragnoris' analysis is that I just don't see a way to get from 100% TM while the enemy is at 80%, to 80% TM wile the enemy is at 100%.

In order to get that, you have to have one of your Vaders at 64% of the speed of the other, and the relatively small difference in base speeds and the hypothetical (not proven!) bug that might generate +1.5% more speed for one Vader than the other simply could not account for the total difference of one Vader being +56.3% compared to the other. (56% of 64 = 36, 36+64 = 100, if you wanted to understand how I got those numbers).

I do recognize you're eyeballing the "80%" TM of the party going 2nd, but if you're anywhere in that ballpark, this shouldn't be happening.

I guess my next question, then, would be whether you have a Leader disk on one of the Vaders but not the other. The leader disk grants +24% speed, which you might have forgotten about in the middle of all the other (and larger) bonuses that disk provides. It seems to me that not noticing a large bonus like that is much more likely to account for the difference than a few small things like different base speed and a hypothetical +1.5% if the speed disks are bugged.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Sarlacc9 wrote: »
    Yes, I chose the DR boss fight since it would have consistent modifiers and also is consistent in where it is placed in the Sector, since I do not fully understand how the 'Stat bonuses increase further down the Sector' actually affects the encounters.

I could have some sort of bug affecting either account (maybe the first account is faster than it should be), but I was trying to determine if it is even okay to assume this boss fight should have consistent speeds.

I'm just spitballing here, but maybe the answer is in the "stat bonuses increase further down the Sector" part of the event. We know Galactic War is affected by your gp, maybe the levels of those stat bonuses are as well? Which account has a higher top-end GP?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Or it could be like pretty much everything else in this event, just random.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Sarlacc9
    35 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I went ahead and spent conquest currency and removed all data disks to test since this has been bothering me.

With all data disks removed, the 1st account now sees essentially the same speed as the 2nd account.

Here is the first account with no data disks:
    xw8htpf0ag6x.jpg

DR now goes first, and Vader looks, to me, to be only around 80% TM.

After equipping one green Quickening data disk, my Vader just barely goes first. Which is clearly more than a 6.5% speed increase. After adding the second green Quickening, my Vader is back to his original speed where he goes first and DR is the one at only 80% TM.

I'm not sure if anyone else has any easy way to test this disk, but I am now suspicious that the green Quickening disk is giving more speed than it should.

Edit to add screenshots rather than just my estimate of % TM.

Here is the same encounter with 1 green Quickening equipped (everything else is exactly the same as the screenshot above):
    kq5tu6dv3b0b.jpg

And here is with 2 Green Quickenings equipped:
    96lmfz89z8dn.jpg
    Post edited by Sarlacc9 on
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    There are many-many things which can go wrong with all those event buffs, data disks, etc. The best thing CG can do is to allow us to see actual in-combat toon stats (but this most certainly won't happen, as usual).

Cooldown reset data disks seems to be obviously bugged (it resets cooldowns with much higher rate than it description states), and it's entirely possible that other disks are bugged as well.
  • Take a look at the sector info in the main screen. It says enemies in this section can have stat boosts between 30% and 70%. Maybe that multiplier isn’t the same for everyone in that some people might get 50% star boosts against DR and others get 70%.