Newish Player (Level 68) needs some sort of guidance

Replies

• I'd say Frontline when you put in your defense for overnight. You slow down a bit on offense (since you start with only 2 Geos in play), but it's just terribly difficult to get to your attackers through HT.

On offense, well, i suppose it depends. I would try it both ways. You don't really get anything by adding him as a reinforcement, but you do get something by having all 3 Geos in the fight at the same time.

I guess the answer to the question would depend on this: do you think that you usually lose at least 1 Geo before you can bring in your reinforcement? If yes, you should definitely start HT even on offense. If no, you can bring in HT as your 1st reinforcement (or, if going well, even as your 2nd).
  • I'd say Frontline when you put in your defense for overnight. You slow down a bit on offense (since you start with only 2 Geos in play), but it's just terribly difficult to get to your attackers through HT.

On offense, well, i suppose it depends. I would try it both ways. You don't really get anything by adding him as a reinforcement, but you do get something by having all 3 Geos in the fight at the same time.

I guess the answer to the question would depend on this: do you think that you usually lose at least 1 Geo before you can bring in your reinforcement? If yes, you should definitely start HT even on offense. If no, you can bring in HT as your 1st reinforcement (or, if going well, even as your 2nd).

I agree with that last paragraph, but honestly, if after Executrix lvl 80 you should prioritise Sun Fac to 85. The tankier, the better. If Sun Fac is tanky enough, they’ll last till 1st RI. Also, AI prioritises Sun Fac over HT if both are taunting.

If HT is frontline, do Spy RI if it is maxed, else Sun Fac RI
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • 80 shards to get HT to 4* (so that's provided with the pack) adding my already farmed 68 shards would instantly give me a 5* HT, that would also give me access to Zeta farming....am I right?

Should be right!

And at your stage of the game, 5* HT can be difficult to get past. If you do this, though, make sure you go all in on Bossk gear up to g11. That's the way to make your investment most worth it.

Bossk gear is rlly important. Currently, I’m focusing on JKR gear and Sun Fac/Poggle/Soldier gear so have a g8+5 Bossk, not good enough.
  • Great :smile:

So a lot of things happened now, so i need to sort my plan again

I unlocked Thrawn, got the max Credit Heist done and bought myself the HT pack.

So far the HT is now 5* and level 60
    I prioritized 5* because tomorrow is Tarkin day and I could do the Zeta Challenge now
    Need to get it up in levels now.
    Bossk got all the gear I had and is now 65 g8

Zeb only needs 70 more shards/7 buys and since I already unlocked Thrawn he is not very high up in priority - so I can put all GW tokens into ships.
    I think I don't need him to 7* Palp now, because I may put in another Rebel like STHan, who is on farm anyways and

I already have done a pretty bunch of the gear farm. So I will put Bossk on top and continue the others (GMY is done soon) like said.
  • Nec_Azares wrote: »
    Great :smile:

So a lot of things happened now, so i need to sort my plan again

I unlocked Thrawn, got the max Credit Heist done and bought myself the HT pack.

So far the HT is now 5* and level 60
    I prioritized 5* because tomorrow is Tarkin day and I could do the Zeta Challenge now
    Need to get it up in levels now.
    Bossk got all the gear I had and is now 65 g8

Zeb only needs 70 more shards/7 buys and since I already unlocked Thrawn he is not very high up in priority - so I can put all GW tokens into ships.
    I think I don't need him to 7* Palp now, because I may put in another Rebel like STHan, who is on farm anyways and

I already have done a pretty bunch of the gear farm. So I will put Bossk on top and continue the others (GMY is done soon) like said.

Well, I'd say to do what your doing with gear (Bossk on top). What's your gear block? Is it a Stun Gun or a something else. And you rlly want lvl 80 ships for Zeta Challenge. I used lvl 85 ones and took 2 tries.
  • Bossk needs 3 stun guns and a thermal detonator to go from g8 to g11. So a total of 200 Carbantis, 150 stun gun salvage, 50 thermal detonator salvage, and some other things. Most of the rest is fairly easy to get, but Bossk does need 100 stun cuffs to go from g8=>g9.

i see this as pretty doable, but it's not instant, of course. Not with so few sources of Stun Gun salvage and not without spending a bunch of Guild tokens on stun cuff & carbanti salvage. Rewards are much easier to come by when you're doing higher raids and placing higher in those raids, so I'm probably not going to be able to estimate things very easily, but I think getting to 10 should take less than 2 weeks, and g11 isn't even possible until level 82 or 83, which is about 6-7 weeks away, so this shouldn't be too huge a diversion.
  • Bossk needs 3 stun guns and a thermal detonator to go from g8 to g11. So a total of 200 Carbantis, 150 stun gun salvage, 50 thermal detonator salvage, and some other things. Most of the rest is fairly easy to get, but Bossk does need 100 stun cuffs to go from g8=>g9.

i see this as pretty doable, but it's not instant, of course. Not with so few sources of Stun Gun salvage and not without spending a bunch of Guild tokens on stun cuff & carbanti salvage. Rewards are much easier to come by when you're doing higher raids and placing higher in those raids, so I'm probably not going to be able to estimate things very easily, but I think getting to 10 should take less than 2 weeks, and g11 isn't even possible until level 82 or 83, which is about 6-7 weeks away, so this shouldn't be too huge a diversion.

That's good to know for me too. Thx, MasterSeedy
  • Guild Raids are getting done pretty good though
    I only spend my Guild Tokens on Clones atm, so maybe there is a lot of possibility of using them for gear rn, because clones aren't that urgent.

Best thing to do for me is focussing on Guns, Cuffs and Carbantis I think - because they are needed by everyone.

Still I shouldn't leave my Jedi behind, because they are my GW guarantee and I am at 31/50 now
    Guild Raids are getting done pretty good though
    I only spend my Guild Tokens on Clones atm, so maybe there is a lot of possibility of using them for gear rn, because clones aren't that urgent.

Best thing to do for me is focussing on Guns, Cuffs and Carbantis I think - because they are needed by everyone.

Still I shouldn't leave my Jedi behind, because they are my GW guarantee and I am at 31/50 now

Ok. Just make sure you don't spend Guild Tokens on MK4 Guns. I don't think mk5 ones show up, and Carbantis come from one of the challenges, so they accumulate quickly for me. Cuffs and the holo=projectors are a pain for me though. However, if you gear quickly, that may mean you need to buy Carbantis because you use them too quickly. So do buy if necessary, but don't overbuy.

I believe I asked you this before, but again, how many GW tokens do you earn per raid, and how many raids per week?
  • @Nec_Azares on the gear, remember to try to make a good priority list like I suggested on the last page (Excel, Google Sheets, etc). Things change as you get new characters / ships and you need to be able to update. How I did was list the main bottleneck gears in columns, then the character and gear level it's needed for, i.e. Chewbacca (g8) means Chewie needs that piece to help take him from g8 > g9.

What I found over the last week is I get to a level where for example Chewie needs so much bottleneck gear to go from g9 to g10 (100 carbantis, 150 hypo syringes) that if I had someone needing a stun gun at a lower priority I could put it on them now (Chewie needs 1 for this gear level in the example) and still be able to get enough salvage ready for Chewie by the time I farm up all those other pieces.

It helps to not hold up everyone else just because you are prioritizing a specific toon.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1
    I have a lot of MK4 guns and if I buy guns, then I only look out for the MK5s but yeah I can see, that there could be some wrong buys.

I think you mean GET Tokens?
    Don't know exactly - but we are doing Heroic Sith and Tank once a week and Rancor twice - then there's TB and TW and the daily participation reward. I was able to farm and quickly finish Dengar and Logray together though

@Intimmydation
    I already reactivated my farming sheet and put in a bottleneck gear table. Figuring out, how I like to have it managed, but for now there are the gearlevel priority toons and which of them are finished
    The information you gave me now helps a lot in finding my way of managing the gear

right now I am looking through gear ingame and putting on gear on prio toons, that is not needed by anyone else. But the problem is, that you don't see it if someone is on g7 and may need it for g9
    right now I am looking through gear ingame and putting on gear on prio toons, that is not needed by anyone else. But the problem is, that you don't see it if someone is on g7 and may need it for g9

Ah what will help tremendously is use swgoh.gg. Go to Characters > search the ones you are gearing > go to "Gear Levels" and then you can see all the pieces needed to go from one level to the next. This is how I built my priority list where I can see all the bottleneck gear needed from g7 all the way to g12. This will help plan ahead especially if your goal is to get a specific toon maybe +1-3 gear levels higher than they are.

Here is an example on Bastilla
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/bastila-shan/gear/

• Did update it now, the way you did it. Will try it it out and maybe adapt to my needs :)

f.e. I have Vader at g7, but goal now is g9 - do you mention that in a specific way in your table, or do you just list the gear targets on the side, and then if you mention f.e. Vader in Stun Guns, its always meant for the goal.
    Or do you only put them on the list for bottleneck gear, if it's needed for exactly the next level?

I hope you understand my question ;)

@TheChild_eats_eggs1 I did the Zeta challenge, with the ships I have on swgoh.gg right now - it wasn't too hard. I'm struggling more with the SIon node, getting to the Jolee node
  • vdixzar3eprb.png

Okay so for example in this snapshot on Carbantis.
    - The 3 in green at the top already have this gear applied so are complete (eventually I will delete them)
    - "Bossk (g11)" means that Bossk is currently sitting at g11 and needs 1 of these pieces to go to g12 (if you look on swgoh for gear it will show this under g11, since it's a g11+ piece to then upgrade to g12
    - Under Bossk you'll notice there is "Chewbacca (g8)" that is already green. This means Chewie was lower priority for carbantis, but because I was waiting on Bossk to get 7* to apply the piece above to him, and I either had some in stock or knew I could get it fast once Bossk was 7*, I decided to go to the next priority and apply it to Chewie
    - The 2 Han's listed under that in yellow means I have those gear in stock but not yet applied (decided this yellow coding yesterday)

So basically I just have the bottleneck gears in the columns, then below them I put all the toons that I need to gear up and order them in priority of who should get the gear first for my required levels. There are some characters I want to get to the highest gear ASAP, and others that I need to spread the gear for a specific goal (i.e. getting my BHs to certain gear to get Chewie).

It is constantly evolving because I may get to a point like now where Chewie needs so much gear to go to the next level, that I may not need to keep in stock everything for him and can instead put it on the next priority toon. For example, he needs 1 stun gun but 3 hypo syringes. Well if I have a stun gun now I can put it on Ezra as that's the only piece he is waiting on to go to the next level, and by the time i get 50 more SG salvages, I will still probably be needing some hypos as I need 150 total salvage.

Does all that make sense?
  • Also while typing that out I just noticed I need to rearrange a few things. I had Han & Chewie g11 levels prioritized over some BHs, but in order to get Chewie to 7* and apply those gear pieces, I will need to gear up the BH's first to unlock him. So, I just had to move them up the list in that case.
  • Yes I understand now - i didn't see the multiple mentions per column/gearpiece in the first snapshot.

So the Carbanti on Dengar were highest priority. But afterwards you would have needed it for Bossk g9 and Bossk g11. And Chewie would need Carbantis for g8, g9 and g10 - so you put it into the column with the target gear level in brackets - am i right?
    Yes I understand now - i didn't see the multiple mentions per column/gearpiece in the first snapshot.

So the Carbanti on Dengar were highest priority. But afterwards you would have needed it for Bossk g9 and Bossk g11. And Chewie would need Carbantis for g8, g9 and g10 - so you put it into the column with the target gear level in brackets - am i right?

Yes exactly, priority goes top to bottom in each column. And Chewie wasn't even on the list until I had those Dengar gear levels done because he wasn't unlocked. But then once I got him and took him as far as I could (g7 I think), he got stuck and I needed to add him. That means I bumped a bunch of other toons lower to insert Chewie.
    @TheChild_eats_eggs1
    I have a lot of MK4 guns and if I buy guns, then I only look out for the MK5s but yeah I can see, that there could be some wrong buys.

I think you mean GET Tokens?
    Don't know exactly - but we are doing Heroic Sith and Tank once a week and Rancor twice - then there's TB and TW and the daily participation reward. I was able to farm and quickly finish Dengar and Logray together though

Oh I meant Guild Tokens. Regular ones.
  • Oh I meant them too 🤦🏻‍♂️ sorry
    Oh I meant them too 🤦🏻‍♂️ sorry

Ok. Then, from what you are doing, I think you'll be ok to spend 2k tokens a week on gear. MAX 2.5k
  • So just commenting here that following along this thread, and also posting about how I prioritize my gear has also helped me a ton being able to rearrange priorities on the fly.

An example today related to gearing up my Han & Chewie. My Chewie is 1 gear level behind Han (g9 vs g10) so I had prioritized Chewie to get to g10 next before moving Han to g11. BUT as I was reviewing the abilities on my Falcon, I decided that getting Han's ability on the ship to max (requiring g11 Han) is more important than getting Chewie's ship ability up (which only related to dmg dealt). So, I quickly moved Han above Chewie for the next gear level, and because I hadn't equipped gear onto Chewie yet, I already have it ready for Han.
  • Still fighting with that f.ing Fleet Node - there is another reinforcement though, Tie-Reaper

I'm getting through Vader, Biggs and Slave I pretty easy. Then there is the Reaper and the Tie on the board. Chimaera ults and I'd say Ahsoka and HT are the only survivors. Vulture mostly stays alive but is getting wrecked the next turn.
    The Gauntlet comes in and my Executrix Ult just does nothing to the 3 ships - in the end Chimaera ults again and I'm done.
    I also have the feeling, that Sun Fac tanks like a sheet of paper. And Soldier getting down so fast, until SF gets his protection up for the first time
    Still fighting with that f.ing Fleet Node - there is another reinforcement though, Tie-Reaper

I'm getting through Vader, Biggs and Slave I pretty easy. Then there is the Reaper and the Tie on the board. Chimaera ults and I'd say Ahsoka and HT are the only survivors. Vulture mostly stays alive but is getting wrecked the next turn.
    The Gauntlet comes in and my Executrix Ult just does nothing to the 3 ships - in the end Chimaera ults again and I'm done.
    I also have the feeling, that Sun Fac tanks like a sheet of paper. And Soldier getting down so fast, until SF gets his protection up for the first time

Which was it. I’ll play it this evening
  • It's the Sion hard node.
  • It's the Sion hard node.

Thx
  • Exactly that one
    Exactly that one

Ok. It's 14:10 now, will try post 21:00 and message you
  • No hurries ;)
    I am always keeping 20 to 40 Fleet Energy atm, for extra tries.

My Spy could be 7* aswell, but I am 500k short in ship credits

No hurries ;)
    I am always keeping 20 to 40 Fleet Energy atm, for extra tries.

My Spy could be 7* aswell, but I am 500k short in ship credits

You know what! I just completed that node on Sunday, and I used HT, Sun Fac, Soldier upfront, and RI were Spy (maxed), Vulture Droid, and Vader. My ships are more developed, but I couldn't do it earlier.

.gg in the signature.
  • Thanks, Grogu.

I can give general tips, but my ships & pilots are too developed for me to give a good estimate of what levels of gear, ability, etc. are actually required to beat that node.