Would this work ... ? (No Beskar Armour Individual Event sub-forum)

Stenun
851 posts Member
edited October 2021
I'm close to getting Kuill and IG-11 to 7* so I'm almost ready to attempt the last two Tiers of unlocking The Mandalorian (Beskar Armour).
However ... I have no long term plans for Kuill or IG-11 at this stage, or even Greef Karga. So I'm a bit loathe to throw a whole load of resources at them.
However I do have long term plans for The Mandalorian.

So if I get Kuill, Greef and IG-11 to the absolute bare minimum needed to meet the prerequisites for the event Tiers but get The Mandalorian up to g12 or even higher, would he be able to carry the others through it?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Greef is a good in BH squad so hardly a waste.

Kuiil would need you to move good mods as it’s pretty much himself vs two scout troopers. I’ve done that at G9. Same for IG-11 for the last tier.

BA Mando himself isn’t that great either and he have GL levels of gears. And his decent team need you to have Kuill, IG-11, Cara Dune and Nest. The original Mando however is pretty good in a bounty Hunter squad lead by Bossk.

• EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    G9 Kuill is adequate to pass his tier. Nothing special mod wise required either. I did it in one attempt with a g9 Kuill. Last tier is the difficult one at low gear. I threw zetas on everyone since I had plenty to spare and it was easier than grinding out gear. My toons were a mix of g9 and g8 I believe. It took many attempts to get it to work. I found it easier to try to take out the death troopers and the incenerator trooper instead of going straight for Gideon. Honestly, just try with what you have first before investing gear in toons you may never use. You can always farm the gear now and just not use it unless you think you need to.
  • elky60e4fbem.png
  • No guns, no cuffs, no zetas. As long as turn order is correct it’s easy. em1uggeousif.png
  • Out of interest.

Why unlock Beskar Mando if you have no plans for Kuill or IG11. The trio of them form a very very solid basis for a scoundrel team.

I can't see any use for beskar mando without those other two.
  • I think other people have answered your true question, but imo (and others), all of the required characters are great in different squads and cara, kuill, and ig11 are great with Bando.
    1. Cara with Rebel Fighters under Mon Mothma
    2. Kuill and IG11 with Rey or Bando
    3. The Mandalorian and Greef in BH squads (Ahnaldt101 has great vids for them in BH crews) under Aurra Sing lead espicially since she has the fastest contract to get out.
  • I'm with OP.
    I get that all the required toons have a potential usage, but so does a ton of other toons which might currently be higher on the list to relic. And more or less no toons are worth anything sub-relic anyway.

It is worthwhile having BAM unlocked however, for his ship, for being closer to rushing him (and potentially the rest of his team) should they become required, to use him in a coming heroes journey/similar for new toons, to up him and use in a pure Mando squad or simply to deal with any new feats from CG pushing BAM ownership.
    Probably not any of the latter coming at this point, but better safe than sorry...
  • Out of interest.

Why unlock Beskar Mando if you have no plans for Kuill or IG11. The trio of them form a very very solid basis for a scoundrel team.

His ship
  • I did it with Mando, Greef, Cara and Kuiil G8, and IG-11 G7, no zetas involved

Put the best mods on them, the event is not that hard, the only two tricky tiers are the final one, the one with Kuiil requiring to survive and Moff Gideon battle
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Thank you for all the responses so far but I just want to clarify one point.
    I quite accept that Greef Karga, Kuiil and IG-11 have their uses and I never said otherwise. What I said was that right now I have no long term plans for them. Maybe I will eventually but until that happens, I would rather keep my resources for other characters that I am working on right now and do have immediate plans for.
    For example, I'm trying to put together a Rebel Fighter squad so I do have long term plans for Cara (note I didn't mention her in my OP). Once I have Beskar Armour unlocked, I plan to use him for his ship and I want to put together a Mandalorian Tag squad - I already have Sabine and Ordo at g12, OG Mando isn't far off, and I've started farming the Armorer.
    I'm also still working on other characters for my Rebel Fighters and more.
    So it's not that I don't rate Kuiil and the others, I just don't want to spend time on them right now.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    Thank you for all the responses so far but I just want to clarify one point.
    I quite accept that Greef Karga, Kuiil and IG-11 have their uses and I never said otherwise. What I said was that right now I have no long term plans for them. Maybe I will eventually but until that happens, I would rather keep my resources for other characters that I am working on right now and do have immediate plans for.
    For example, I'm trying to put together a Rebel Fighter squad so I do have long term plans for Cara (note I didn't mention her in my OP). Once I have Beskar Armour unlocked, I plan to use him for his ship and I want to put together a Mandalorian Tag squad - I already have Sabine and Ordo at g12, OG Mando isn't far off, and I've started farming the Armorer.
    I'm also still working on other characters for my Rebel Fighters and more.
    So it's not that I don't rate Kuiil and the others, I just don't want to spend time on them right now.

Hey - you play your game the way you want to.

I will say however, that OG mando not being on a BH team is a really weird choice to me - he has the single best payout they have.
  • Out of interest.

Doesn’t he help counter GG?

• Out of interest.

Doesn’t he help counter GG?

There are many other less gear-expensive counters
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Update, in case anyone's interested:
    I finally got Kuiil to 7* so I thought I might as well chuck him at the event as he was then to see what happens. He was g9 with all abilities maxed except his Zeta, 3 C Mods, 1 B Mod and 2 A Mods. I started the fight, thought "oh wait, I need to do something over there", clicked auto, went away, did the other thing, came back and I had won the fight.
    So that was not a problem in the slightest. I didn't even get to see what the unique rules/mechanics were for that Tier.

Cara is in 89/100 shards, IG-11 is on 94/100. Hopefully I can attempt the final Tier next week. :smile:
  • Stenun wrote: »
    Update, in case anyone's interested:
    I finally got Kuiil to 7* so I thought I might as well chuck him at the event as he was then to see what happens. He was g9 with all abilities maxed except his Zeta, 3 C Mods, 1 B Mod and 2 A Mods. I started the fight, thought "oh wait, I need to do something over there", clicked auto, went away, did the other thing, came back and I had won the fight.
    So that was not a problem in the slightest. I didn't even get to see what the unique rules/mechanics were for that Tier.

Cara is in 89/100 shards, IG-11 is on 94/100. Hopefully I can attempt the final Tier next week. :smile:

Go get them tiger!
  • It's not that I have no use for the toons, it's just that there's nothing I need to accomplish that needs these toons to be highly geared any time in the next few months. So, sure, I'll be working on them in the background, but I'm not remotely rushing them.

I think all the toons are g8. I'm waiting for more gear for the final tier. All I really need are Carbantis. to get 3 of the toons up to g9. (They need stun guns as well, but I have SG salvage stockpiled) But since I have no plans for BAM other than his ship, and since his ship is quite a ways from being useful, It's a relaxed, background effort for me. There's plenty of time to pick up the Carbantis & give the event another go at g9. And then there's plenty of time to get BAM to relics before his ship is needed for anything.

Without a separate, new Cap Ship for the Bounty Hunters, Even BAM's ship seems meh. I guess I could throw some BH ships in with Finalizer, since there are only 4 FO ships, but they would all be in reinforcements so I'd have to be really lucky - good luck or bad - to get 3 or 4 BH ships onto the field of play together to take advantage of their synergies.

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Update, final one I guess.
    I unlocked Mandalorian BA this morning after getting the final shards for both IG-11 and Cara Dune. I plunged into the final Tier without any further gear upgrades and lost badly. Tried again, same result. Left it ticking over on auto for a while and eventually, on attempt number 20ish or so, the RNG went my way and I won.
    So that was that.

Final gear rankings for everyone, in case it would help anyone:
    Greef Karga g9.5, IG-11 g8, zCara Dune g8.3, The Mandalorian g9.5

Now to start gearing up The Mandalorian (Beskar Armour) and to get back to gearing up the prerequisites for JKLuke!
  • @Stenum:

Can you please give your after-mod Health & Prot from IG-11 & Cara + Speed for Mando & Greef? I'm sure that would be helpful to people.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    The Mandalorian:
    Health: 18,708
    Protection: 16,373
    Speed: 214

Cara:
    Health: 23,133
    Protection: 13,243
    Speed: 216

I'm afraid I have already de-modded Greef and IG-11.
  • No guns, no cuffs, no zetas. As long as turn order is correct it’s easy. em1uggeousif.png

Forgive the Threadcromancy, but, what is the Turn Order?
  • Zanir wrote: »
    No guns, no cuffs, no zetas. As long as turn order is correct it’s easy. em1uggeousif.png

Forgive the Threadcromancy, but, what is the Turn Order?

Speed determines who takes turns first.

He means in which order should the characters play