Reasonable GAC feats

Prev134
Can we please get reasonable GAC feats? There are literally no teams in div1, which can be beaten by three imps without a leadership, especially not in 3v3, if your opponent is serious about his defense. There were one or two of these impossible ones in the last season already. Maybe they were more reasonable, when these feats got first introduced (because they're recycled now), at this point they're just stupid.

Replies

• Antario
    996 posts Member
    Well you can always choose not to do them (especially when you already got the rewards the first run).

For sure, for GAC perfectionists and those chasing for Kyber top 50 probably not an option to ignore them.
  • This is why I don't even bother with feats or the GAC leaderboards game. Already have enough chains and don't need any more in GAC
  • Lol you guys play 3vs3? I just set all my top teams on defense, it's the worst game mode of this game, I rather do tier 2 of secrets and shadows daily instead of running 3vs3
  • Ask each opponent to set a team that will help you. I’d also offer to return the favor.
  • Lol you guys play 3vs3? I just set all my top teams on defense, it's the worst game mode of this game, I rather do tier 2 of secrets and shadows daily instead of running 3vs3

Do you attack? Because if you don’t attack, that’s kind of just throwing a tantrum to screw everybody that comes against you. If you don’t attack at all, you could be benevolent instead and set all your lowest teams so your opponents could do better.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I play 3v3. It's fun. Different teams than in 5v5.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Do you attack? Because if you don’t attack, that’s kind of just throwing a tantrum to screw everybody that comes against you. If you don’t attack at all, you could be benevolent instead and set all your lowest teams so your opponents could do better.

I do attack with whatever is left cleaning up 1 or 3 zones, but why would I let others enjoy something I don't? 3vs3 was fine where it was once every 4th or so GAC now it's every 2nd GAC, I will keep screwing people over like this till other players get fed up with 3v3 and they reduce how many we get.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Lol you guys play 3vs3? I just set all my top teams on defense, it's the worst game mode of this game, I rather do tier 2 of secrets and shadows daily instead of running 3vs3

I do attack with whatever is left cleaning up 1 or 3 zones, but why would I let others enjoy something I don't? 3vs3 was fine where it was once every 4th or so GAC now it's every 2nd GAC, I will keep screwing people over like this till other players get fed up with 3v3 and they reduce how many we get.

That's not how it works, not even close.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    3 imps say high about the easy job. Maybe you just don't want to develop imps which makes the feat unreasonable for you even though it's the theme of this gac. What do you expect if have a themed faction undeveloped?

vk6pz40uhuv5.png
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lol you guys play 3vs3? I just set all my top teams on defense, it's the worst game mode of this game, I rather do tier 2 of secrets and shadows daily instead of running 3vs3

Well what other option is there? 3v3 has become a plague
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Don't join.
  • You have this option: Start a battle, kill 2 toons, leave one alive. Then let the timer pass and enter with your troopers! See? Not impossible!

why would I let others enjoy something I don't?

This is a big yikes right here

Don't join.

Miss out on the GAC currency? Nah.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

why would I let others enjoy something I don't?

This is a big yikes right here

Yeah kinda says it all doesn't it.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    3 imps say high about the easy job. Maybe you just don't want to develop imps which makes the feat unreasonable for you even though it's the theme of this gac. What do you expect if have a themed faction undeveloped?

vk6pz40uhuv5.png

Except for the fact that Veers and Starck don't qualify for the feat, either of the Imperial *StormTrooper* feats in fact. You might want to read them...
    StormTrooper
    SnowTrooper
    Death Trooper
    MagmanTrooper
    ShoreTrooper
    Range Trooper.

So, good luck completing 'The Emperor's Finest' feat with that team. You might eventually get the 'Galaxy-wide Enforcers' if Range gets enough kills.
  • Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Ask each opponent to set a team that will help you. I’d also offer to return the favor.

That's not a challenge.

Hate to sound like a troll, but if you want a challenge, do the feat as is. It’s challenging.

Wow. You’re the guy that wasn’t invited to the birthday party so you burn their house down.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Can we please get reasonable GAC feats? There are literally no teams in div1, which can be beaten by three imps without a leadership, especially not in 3v3, if your opponent is serious about his defense. There were one or two of these impossible ones in the last season already. Maybe they were more reasonable, when these feats got first introduced (because they're recycled now), at this point they're just stupid.

my main question why would you not have a leadership? what makes you not want to use veers or piett?

and if you havent seen ahnald has shown imps in 3v3 doing very well agaisnt strong teams (like SLKR, granted it was a second attack where they had no protection in his recent vid. its still a meta defense)
  • flux_rono wrote: »

my main question why would you not have a leadership? what makes you not want to use veers or piett?

and if you havent seen ahnald has shown imps in 3v3 doing very well agaisnt strong teams (like SLKR, granted it was a second attack where they had no protection in his recent vid. its still a meta defense)
    xj9b95ey9635.jpeg
    My main question is are you aware that this is the feat they’re talking about? That’s why people are talking about no leadership.

3v3 is the GAC I prefer. 5v5 is stale as I face pretty much exactly the same defence every single round. It’s always different with 3v3 and I’ve seen some really awkward teams on defence that I’ve never seen before almost every round.

I also like GAC because it rewards kit knowledge. When you see a weird lineup you need to know the interactions between the characters to figure out a way of beating it.

So there is one other option, though I realise it isn’t for everyone - git gud!.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    EgoSlayer wrote: »

vk6pz40uhuv5.png

Except for the fact that Veers and Starck don't qualify for the feat, either of the Imperial *StormTrooper* feats in fact. You might want to read them...
    StormTrooper
    SnowTrooper
    Death Trooper
    MagmanTrooper
    ShoreTrooper
    Range Trooper.

So, good luck completing 'The Emperor's Finest' feat with that team. You might eventually get the 'Galaxy-wide Enforcers' if Range gets enough kills.

I already got the feats, these are in defense rn. In a game with majority 5/5 play, those are not the only troopers I got built...naturally.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    EgoSlayer wrote: »

vk6pz40uhuv5.png

StormTrooper
    SnowTrooper
    Death Trooper
    MagmanTrooper
    ShoreTrooper
    Range Trooper.

I already got the feats, these are in defense rn. In a game with majority 5/5 play, those are not the only troopers I got built...naturally.

Troopers on defense in 3v3? Oh my ...

Yeah, it works when ppl attack 340 speed ones without checking the speeds. My gac history is filled with ppl falling on troopers underestimating them.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    That‘s a very easy Nest solo

I don't claim it's hard to beat, I just know that doing the unexpected falters many and it did for me so far. Meanwhile -in the mold- teams hardly did anything good as everyone and their mother knows how to deal with them.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

3v3 is the GAC I prefer. 5v5 is stale as I face pretty much exactly the same defence every single round. It’s always different with 3v3 and I’ve seen some really awkward teams on defence that I’ve never seen before almost every round.

I also like GAC because it rewards kit knowledge. When you see a weird lineup you need to know the interactions between the characters to figure out a way of beating it.

So there is one other option, though I realise it isn’t for everyone - git gud!.

I know my personal dislike for GAC has little to do with skill. I dislike GAC (3v3 or 5v5, doesn’t matter) simply because I don’t care for a month long event and the time required for participation. 13 battles each round for 3v3 is quite a bit of time for the possibility of 8 total zetas over the course of the month...the rewards don’t really meet the time sink imo.

Though I am weary of GAC in general, for those that enjoy GAC, I am happy for you. I hope the mode continues for you and your enjoyment. I still join, set most of my toughest defense, maybe attack (maybe not), rinse and repeat for Aurodium or Kyber every season. Few enjoy my favorite event; there’s no harm in having preferences so I will not shame anyone for enjoying or disliking an event. That’s simply personal taste.

I mostly just wanted to point out that equating “enjoyment” to “success” can be a bit of a fallacy in some instances and being told to “git gud” doesn’t help in these cases whatsoever. There’s no amount of skill that will magically make me enjoy the mode.