Why are rewards so...bad?

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited April 2021
Usually in a game, there’s better gear/rewards given when the content is more advanced, or in this case end game.

However for some reason CG remains steadfast with being stingy and very cheap in rewards. Why is it that content that is deemed endgame, is handing out rewards that were introduced in raids from 2017? Why is it that events that take weeks to finish (Conquest) give rewards that are equivalent of a single raid or a GAC spanning a couple days.

Even content that was meant to be the bridge to G13 or whatever, still spews out useless and over saturated gear for a top 3 finish.

CG, why is it you guys refuse to give rewards that are equitable to the difficulty/state of the game? Things need to change already. Stop being so greedy with rewards
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Top 3 HSTR finish.
    6gy6jdqqkax8.png
    csrwkfbk3kov.png

Recent Crancor rewards

wiwiy7m14fdc.png

• To much gear and you won't need it anymore. Their thinking is not more gear for what you are doing its just more ways to get the gear. We are getting gear overall faster now than we ever have. Game modes may seem like they should give more, which I'm not disagreeing with, but we are getting more now than ever.
  • Efranzblau wrote: »
    To much gear and you won't need it anymore. Their thinking is not more gear for what you are doing its just more ways to get the gear. We are getting gear overall faster now than we ever have. Game modes may seem like they should give more, which I'm not disagreeing with, but we are getting more now than ever.

The ways to get gear has increased, yes. However it’s saturated with the same tank gear over and over again. If they did away with that nonsense and made it actually equitable to the point in the game you’re at (IE R5 events like cranky giving out G12+/Kyro’s and relic materials) then there’s no issue. You still have bottlenecks as with any game like this, but not so severe
  • Time41
    6 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    @Ravens1113 - well expressed wish I was able to articulate similar problems as well as you. These would be my other thoughts on subject of gear pertaining to mods and omega material.

tf36bu5o7s3t.jpg

Though the new conquest is a little more helpful. Still 15 days is quite some time to recycle. Every 7 days would be much better. Ever 7 days lines up with rest of game. As when getting bonus rewards they run on a cycle of Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday resetting on Monday. Still I am really glad you have added the Conquest section in game. Now if the gear rewards in gear challenges could some home rotate on a monthly bases that would be cool as well.

Again just want to again say conquest is a bonus and maybe thing will be worked out in future. It was extremely frustrating to see all these new characters which meant longer time getting the most difficult gear.

The other type gear for mods and building up mods are extremely scarce. Makes competition against others who have much better toons a major struggle. The gray mods have been sold over and over again. The cost doesn't justify experimentation as it is already extremely expensive to upgrade and switch mods. I had an idea about mods and mod sets for individual toons. I think it would be cool of characters each had a type of mod rack. So once they are paid for they can be stored and switch out as needed in game. Not sure how useful accuracy arrow is but to switch it out for a toon would be more fun to experiment if cost of switching was somehow eliminated. Yet still building and paying for upgrades what desired mod for toon is found. A rack of 7 arrow mods , and 7 diamond mods and so on for rest of mods.

Lastly even the reward benefits from cantina battles at level 9 still have ability material mk1and2. What would be helpful in this case would be to make more use of the jawa exchange section. I have over 4k of which only build in number and will never be used completely. The ability material omega that is available for level 9 in cantina maybe drops 1 once a month. It's so scarce I cannot even recall when I received one in level 9 cantina whem farming.

I think maybe that jawa exchange section would benefit more if expanded some how. To all building materials. While still keeping the company's profit margins.
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    Yeah I just got trash rewards in pit and im starting to not care about it. It doesn’t even give guild currency as a constellation prize like in tank.
  • TVF
    36570 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    Yeah I just got trash rewards in pit and im starting to not care about it. It doesn’t even give guild currency as a constellation prize like in tank.

It gives GET 1, GET 2, and R8 mats, all more valuable than guild currency.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH