SWGOH on Chromebook 4+

DeejayWindu
3 posts Member
edited April 2021
On the Google Play store, it says my device isnt compatible to download. I have the Chromebook 4+. Does anyone know how I could play SWGOH on my Chromebook? Thanks.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I am not 100% familiar with Chromebook, but it isn't stock android?!

Is it possible to install blue stacks on your Chromebook and use that as an emulator?
    This is the Way
  • ashbbk
    45 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Chromebook runs the Chrome OS. Where as SWGOH needs Android or Apple IOS. For other operating systems, one can use an emulator software which can mimic the operation of Android like Blue Stacks. But, I doubt the Chrome book would be able to handle it, which is mainly meant for working on the internet.
  • ashbbk wrote: »
    Chromebook runs the Chrome OS. Where as SWGOH needs Android or Apple IOS. For other operating systems, one can use an emulator software which can mimic the operation of Android like Blue Stacks. But, I doubt the Chrome book would be able to handle it, which is mainly meant for working on the internet.

While blue stacks is intense, the hardware for a top-end CBook should easily be able to handle it, although compatibility I doubt. The odds of a person having that CBook is slim though. Besides the weight and no moving parts of a CBook being its main benefit, price is the other. The majority of CBooks out there are the budget ones. Not the ones that could easily handle blue stacks.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    I have a hp x 360 laptop that started out as a windows only build about 7 years ago and I converted into chrome os. It's not supposed to be possible but it is, Google it to see how, if your technically minded it's moderate difficulty at worst. The same approach could convert your chromebook to a version of chrome os to run Swgoh. None of this is officially supported though.
    On my old unused laptop I didn't care if I destroyed the OS , but now it's done Swgohh runs just fine. Better than say my old iPhone 6. I also know of a few ppl running on chromebooks.

Bluestacks would run on the same hardware with windows 10 but performance was abysmal.
  • I play the game 🎯 n my Asus Chromebook all the time. It is amazing. Unfortunately not all apps are compatible with all chromebooks. I believe it depends on the processor of your chromebook.
  • 99% of CBooks can’t handle Bluestacks. I speak as an owner of one of the 99%