Either add a counter for these terrible feats in GC, or stop using them

Prev1
Ryanh1315
122 posts Member
edited April 2021
Why are we not able to track our progress on these completely arbitrary and widely misunderstood feats like "Steal 1.5 mil health with Sith abilities and win"? This is extremely frustrating and we have been giving the same feedback for months. GC is a complete joke of a game mode and is only made worse by having to constantly guess on feat progression.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Have they changed how it works now? I put Wat health regenerate tech on Malak and I’m sure he’s healed way over 2 million by the end but still no complete.
  • Have they changed how it works now? I put Wat health regenerate tech on Malak and I’m sure he’s healed way over 2 million by the end but still no complete.

I think it still works the same way. I completed it by throwing in Malak, Wat, G8 Nihilus and some trash Sith. Still feels like dumb luck if it counts or not.
  • For some reason, healing doesn't count if they're already at full health and recover some.
  • Malak lead, wat and vader. Give health tech to malak, dps to vader. Try and get deathmark on vader, kill off jtr and finn first, then auto basic on tier 6 for red box. Or you can auto basic like I said, after a few mins force drain Poe otherwise they just survive for ages (this is tier 7 now), then back to auto basic
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Have they changed how it works now? I put Wat health regenerate tech on Malak and I’m sure he’s healed way over 2 million by the end but still no complete.

no it still works you probably didnt take enough damage to heal it
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Have they changed how it works now? I put Wat health regenerate tech on Malak and I’m sure he’s healed way over 2 million by the end but still no complete.

Perhaps if we had a counter then we wouldn't have to guess.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »

Perhaps if we had a counter then we wouldn't have to guess.

i wasnt saying we dont need one ;)

but yeah i do agree 1000% that we need counters for all feats mid battle
  • At best this either doesn’t work as intended or is poorly worded.

For example health gain from Wat should work based on the wording but clearly does.

On the other hand - based on the wording - the two logical solutions both don’t work.

1) SEE lead plus 4 weak Sith with high health means they all recover health every time one dies this alone should be enough. Using EP as one for his special which should be worth 7.5% of all health in the board at that moment - all Sith abilities

2) Nihilus lead - Sith ability - so all health gain is by stealing under his lead. Three man team. Nihilus, Malay, Wat. Attacker tech on Malak makes every attack a 150k plus steal.

Both the above don’t work, but cheese it using Wat as the above poster, which is what I did after seeing it. Thanks for that, great tip.

A counter would be nice, clear explanation about the requirement would be nicer.

However, I do quite like this mode. It’s quick easy, requires some thought but not too much, and it’s free stuff - also doesn’t matter if it crashes unlike for everything else.

Games heading in the right direction, but small things will make big differences and improve player experiences
  • I put in Barriss lead with Malak , wat & Vader. And I went in at the second to last tier now, only needing 1 million heal. Not sure if barriss made a difference, but I figured 10% extra max health on Malak couldn’t hurt. Good thing I don’t need the last tier to get the max reward.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    2) Nihilus lead - Sith ability - so all health gain is by stealing under his lead. Three man team. Nihilus, Malay, Wat. Attacker tech on Malak makes every attack a 150k plus steal.

Both the above don’t work, but cheese it using Wat as the above poster, which is what I did after seeing it. Thanks for that, great tip.

They mentioned this one in particular before that health steal (aka everything about nihlius lead) doesnt count. I dont remeber why but i think because it wasnt coming from a "true ability" (im probably rememebering part of that wrong, but yeah i know for sure they did mention why nihlius doesnt count)
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    1 - Health Steal does not count. Said so very clearly by the devs.

2 - Character actually needs to be healed for it to count. If there down 5,000 health and heal back 30,000 only the first 5,000 counts. Also stated by the devs.

3 - Combining this with the death mark modifier is really dumb.
  • flux_rono wrote: »

They mentioned this one in particular before that health steal (aka everything about nihlius lead) doesnt count. I dont remeber why but i think because it wasnt coming from a "true ability" (im probably rememebering part of that wrong, but yeah i know for sure they did mention why nihlius doesnt count)

I must have missed this. But the devs definitely apply a ‘rules of golf’ system. The rule is one line that can be interpreted fairly broadly so you have to look somewhere else for the interpretation.

My best advice for these is to look here or on YouTube. The solution will be posted soon enough. I don’t really mind if it makes sense or not. There is some fun solving the puzzle but often time constraints mean it’s easier to let someone else do it
  • I’m thinking there might be some strange behavior when several healing effects are in place but where only one of them count towards the feat. Then it becomes important in which order the healing is applied, and that is basically impossible for the player to distinguish giving the impression that you’ve healed up enough to be done.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Only way I've managed to come close on T6:

Palp, Thrawn, BSF, Malak +1 low gear that hopefully dies.

Shock Holdo, Fracture JTR. Control everyone else until JTR is dead.

Then you can just use Malak 1v4 and keep draining away at all the others because they'll keep taunting to allow you to avoid the Deathmark.

Granted, my Malak died before I could complete it, but all you have to do to avoid that is waste Finn about halfway through so his ramping damage doesn't overcome Malak's drain life.
  • Malak (l), Sith Assassin, Traya, Wat, Savage.
    Isolate Rey early on and only use drain force on her. When she's gone try and get BB8 isolated to stop illuminated destiny going off. Use Treya and Wat to cleanse, use basics to stall out the battle and you should be good. This was T6, by the way.
  • DR, Malak and wat. Give Malak the tech that regens health and try to give him deathmark. Kill JTR, then basics on bb8. Spend some minutes doing that, because without a counter it's impossible to really know when you're done.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    These kinds of feats without some kind of counter are just the absolute worst and it makes me hate this game very, very much.
  • I really hate this one. Malak plus wat, basics only after I kill rey and I still don't get the stupid feat before I kill everyone.
  • I just don't get the point of this feat. I kill them too fast to heal enough what on earth am I supposed to do to make my guys weaker? I didn't think cg wanted to encourage you to make chars weaker.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Take square mod off Malak?
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Bring in some under-geared Sith if you have them. I used Sith Assassin and Savage at gear 11.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Bring in some under-geared Sith if you have them. I used Sith Assassin and Savage at gear 11.

Tried that too. No go.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    1 - Health Steal does not count. Said so very clearly by the devs.

2 - Character actually needs to be healed for it to count. If there down 5,000 health and heal back 30,000 only the first 5,000 counts. Also stated by the devs.

3 - Combining this with the death mark modifier is really dumb.

Death mark + Healing immunity from JTR too, lol
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Agreed 100%. I've said it before - having these types of feats with no counter is like trying to do a puzzle with a blindfold on. You work on it and then take the blindfold off to see if you "miraculously" accomplished it. Nope? Put the blindfold on and try again.

A while back I commented that there was a special place in the devil's home for designers who would enact these types of feats....then I realized that these types of feats are the punishment in such a place.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Agreed 100%. I've said it before - having these types of feats with no counter is like trying to do a puzzle with a blindfold on. You work on it and then take the blindfold off to see if you "miraculously" accomplished it. Nope? Put the blindfold on and try again.

Yeah I agree with this analogy

Even though I got the feat done, it was a guessing game for a good chunk of time, not knowing when I can kill the enemies and praying I got the feat after I couldn’t stall anymore
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

A while back I commented that there was a special place in the devil's home for designers who would enact these types of feats....then I realized that these types of feats are the punishment in such a place.

100%. If they can't put a counter in yet (because it is taking them time to create it) why can't they just disable these feats for now or use others feats that aren't so ambiguous as to if they have been completed. Its maddening.
  • DarthAsajj
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Agree with the things stated above. This feat really needs a counter and/or better explanations in the game about what counts as steal.

From what I've heard, Health Steal (Sith ability) doesn't count, Malak's Drain (Sith ability) doesn't count, SEE's lead (Sith ability) doesn't count, but Wat's medpack (non-Sith ability) does count. What the hell?
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Drain does count, he just has to need the health for the amount to count. If he's full health he gets no credit.

Palp lead counts. Get Deathmark on DR or BSF and just let them eat hits and keep re-healing every turn from their own debuffs & CBM.
  • Malak lead with 300+ speed so he goes first and gets death mark, wat gives med pack to Malak, 2 low gear sith just to die, and bring traya, do not give the bonus protection to Malak from isolate, do 2 force drains only, and kill off rey asap. Then just basic ur way for few minutes, when clock hits 8/9 minutes u need to take out Finn or he will 1 tap Malak then just finish the game and u should have gotten the 1.5 mil health regen
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Drain does count, he just has to need the health for the amount to count. If he's full health he gets no credit.

Palp lead counts. Get Deathmark on DR or BSF and just let them eat hits and keep re-healing every turn from their own debuffs & CBM.

Really? Ok I'll try that, thanks. But really it should be a lot more clear in game.