R8 income

Talking about new GL coming soon, it’s pretty obvious that we will need R8... So, my point is, what will CG do to make it possible for players with a solid roster to reach R8 in a guild that can’t beat the heroic rancor (265M GP)? I love my guild and don’t want to leave them but CG has to find a way to help these players... Even with 10 aeromagnifiers in the last chest of hard conquest mode (if we manage to reach it at each conquest), if it is only running once a month, it means we will need at least 6 months to get enough materials to level 3 toons to R8, does it... look fair?

Replies

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    Thats only if they make relic 8 a requirment. And unless they make it more obtainable, i really do doubt they will make it a requirment.
    Why you may ask? Because the whales cant get those areomagnifiers easily enough to instantly finish the requirments. like everyone else they are limited to waiting for conquest or raids to get the peices, currently. (Unless there are new packs im unaware of)
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Thats only if they make relic 8 a requirment. And unless they make it more obtainable, i really do doubt they will make it a requirment.
    Why you may ask? Because the whales cant get those areomagnifiers easily enough to instantly finish the requirments. like everyone else they are limited to waiting for conquest or raids to get the peices, currently. (Unless there are new packs im unaware of)
    There have been 9 packs to purchase so far and they can bring them back any time.

R8 income is fine as it is. If you were in a lower GP guild despite your account being eligible to easily join a better one, you were halting your own progress on GET 2 capital ships too. Why should it be any different **if** new GLs actually require R8?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Don't forget Traya.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • HumbleMumble
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Don’t worry, the new GLs won’t be better than the old ones so you won’t need them to stay competitive. But I don’t believe they’ll have R8 as a hard requirement anyway.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Endgame toons require endgame progress

If your guild isn’t endgame yet, you either move up or don’t get the latest toon in time
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Don’t worry, the new GLs won’t be better than the old ones so you won’t need them to stay competitive.

Really hoping this is true aren't you.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Don’t worry, the new GLs won’t be better than the old ones so you won’t need them to stay competitive.

Well based on what CG has declared regarding the balance between GLs you’ll be able to beat any of the new GLs with one of the old ones, which you can already get without R8.
    And given time people find counters to GLs even using non GL teams.

But of course there’s always the possibility of them releasing a new Ultra Galactic Epic Hero Legendary Meta Entity which requires Ultimate Relics.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    They said the two new ones would be on par with the first two. I don't remember anything about future GLs.
  • Stokat
    823 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    They said the two new ones would be on par with the first two. I don't remember anything about future GLs.

I also don’t remember them saying that all future meta defining characters will be called galactic legends. They could just call them something else on avoid the whole “all galactic legends should be on par” debate.
  • TVF wrote: »

Well based on what CG has declared regarding the balance between GLs you’ll be able to beat any of the new GLs with one of the old ones, which you can already get without R8.
    And given time people find counters to GLs even using non GL teams.

But of course there’s always the possibility of them releasing a new Ultra Galactic Epic Hero Legendary Meta Entity which requires Ultimate Relics.

They just said that about SEE and JML, on par with the first two. They never gave a blanket statement for all GLs.

And expect 1 to 3 R8 requirements for next GLs, depending how far out they are.

• For OP- Conquest, Crancor, and packs. That is what we will have for short term. Maybe they give 5 Aeromagnifiers for May 4th. But Conquest and Crancor should be enough.

How is your guild with reworked Crancor? 260 mill gp you say? That should be doable for you guys. It is quite easy so long as you have a few big hitting teams (slkr, jedi) and a good number of viable r5 teams.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Don’t forget gk either
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • SparkyBurns
    519 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Don’t worry, the new GLs won’t be better than the old ones so you won’t need them to stay competitive. But I don’t believe they’ll have R8 as a hard requirement anyway.

Yep. We're likely stuck with Kylo being the be-all end-all for GLs and those of us who ponied up for SEE and JML being out of luck. So at this point if you aren't working on SLKR then you aren't doing it right.

I think they realized their mistake with Kylo and to a lesser extent Rey so from here on out the new GLs might be good but nowhere near their level of value overall
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You spelled r15 wrong..... j/k

It's not obvious at all that any higher relic requirements will be needed for anything, but doesnt hurt to speculate.
  • i haven't give r8 to anyone yet. I don't compete for top 10 Squad Arena spots, but I doubt I would compete for them even after r8-ing an Arena squad because Arena just isn't a game mode I like.

So I'm just building up the mats & then if they release a new toon requiring r8, I won't have to worry about building up the mats. They'll be there for me to choose to spend if I think the new toon is worth it.

I'm not sure how many people are getting any major rewards out of bringing characters to r8. I'm sure there are some people who, for instance, take #1 in Arena where they're competing against r8 toons and they might have a hard time getting #1 without r8 themselves. But mostly r8 is an incremental thing. Going r6 to r7 yields the same amount of increase for a toon, but for many, many fewer resources.

So my thinking is that until there's a requirement for r8 for something, or until all my toons are r7, there's no point in r8.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Yep. We're likely stuck with Kylo being the be-all end-all for GLs and those of us who ponied up for SEE and JML being out of luck. So at this point if you aren't working on SLKR then you aren't doing it right.

I think they realized their mistake with Kylo and to a lesser extent Rey so from here on out the new GLs might be good but nowhere near their level of value overall

Other than "you need SLKR at this point" everything you posted is either wrong or pure (and unlikely imo) speculation.
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    What everyone should be doing is stashing 60-120 pieces of the the r8 salvage. Chances are the requirements that used to be r7 will become r8. Going by past GLs they both needed three r7 characters so it’s logical to assume the next step would be to make the r7 requirments r8
  • Well thank you for your responses! I m on my way to slkr 9/13, so I get it! I m pretty sure R8 will be needed for next GL but sure this is only speculation... For the question about my guild, I created mine a long time ago, so this is the main reason why I feel at home and want to stay with them :) with 260M GP, it s note like « this easy »... even if we have some very good players, we still have few casual players and if not everyone is working on the rancor, you don’t beat it. My point is IF R8 is mandatory for the next GL coming, it s still not fair for people in my position who don t want to pay for R8, even if giving the best to get enough mats in the F2P way (conquest) ;) I hope we will beat the crancor before the GL come in game as I imagine the requirement ^^’
  • Spharynx01
    251 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Shaddess wrote: »
    What everyone should be doing is stashing 60-120 pieces of the the r8 salvage. Chances are the requirements that used to be r7 will become r8. Going by past GLs they both needed three r7 characters so it’s logical to assume the next step would be to make the r7 requirments r8

That is exactly what I m thinking... R8 is the new R7!
  • Well for the past months, all what i read everywhere is only about speculations. Would be great to read real things instead
  • Well for the past months, all what i read everywhere is only about speculations. Would be great to read real things instead

R8 income is real in swgoh’s economy, you should read the newspapers for «real» things ;)
  • Well well well now that it is concrete... should we expect 3/4 R8 per new GLs ?
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Well well well now that it is concrete... should we expect 3/4 R8 per new GLs ?

Yeah, looks like I was right in assuming
  • Guess I was wrong about relic 8 but correct about new GL being the same strength as the old ones.
    Well with R8 materials being available in Conquest it will easier to get at least.
  • I completed all hard conquest battles last time but not all feats, so I ended up with crate 5 and missed out on aeromagnifiers. SEE is my only GL, so at this stage I'll be skipping the new GL (and probably the one after) and working on an older one.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Talking about new GL coming soon, it’s pretty obvious that we will need R8... So, my point is, what will CG do to make it possible for players with a solid roster to reach R8 in a guild that can’t beat the heroic rancor (265M GP)? I love my guild and don’t want to leave them but CG has to find a way to help these players... Even with 10 aeromagnifiers in the last chest of hard conquest mode (if we manage to reach it at each conquest), if it is only running once a month, it means we will need at least 6 months to get enough materials to level 3 toons to R8, does it... look fair?

How long till you relic aayla, mace, and bo katan (not to mention the next group)? About 6 months? Perfect timing!!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    There are some comments in this thread that aged very well...and others...well... :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

How long till you relic aayla, mace, and bo katan (not to mention the next group)? About 6 months? Perfect timing!!

Or today?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Or today?

Let's see them.

Even if true, we all know that's not typical.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Or today?

Let's see them.

Even if true, we all know that's not typical.

I relic'd two of the three yesterday (Bo Kat is only 42/85, so I need to wait until she shows up in the store more - probably a couple weeks for her). :shrug:
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*