Strength Through Passion. Lower Levels 1-IV

Darthjobbie
363 posts Member
edited April 2021
So, for level I, the health steal is 50k, how do you do this? 1 toon team? 2? No mods? The Opp is so weak they are killed in first turn no matter what. Any looking into this only shows the Sion, Wat teams at 7*s etc. why? New players need help to achieve these too, How can anyone achieve this 50k, 100k etc steal? The wording on the events (feats) is also so poor its unbelievable.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    You don't need to do the lower ones. Do the highest tier you are able to and you will get the rewards for the lower tiers.
  • Ah so, if you say do level V then you get the rewards for each level up to the level you achieved? In other words you need to do the higher level steals.
  • In other words, you wont get the rewards for certain tasks unless you invest in higher teams. That makes sense with this developer. Im remembering why i left.
  • In other words, you wont get the rewards for certain tasks unless you invest in higher teams. That makes sense with this developer. Im remembering why i left.

Uhh what? Obviously if you want to do the feats in higher tiers you'll need higher gear teams. But if you're not an endgame player and don't have super high gear, you can still try to do the lower tiers. That's why there's so many tiers, so players at all levels can have something to play.

In your case, if your teams are too high level to get the feats in the lower tiers, then just...don't do the lower tiers. Do the higher tiers instead, and if you get the feat done you'll get credit for the lower tiers too.
  • JoryG87
    258 posts Member
    In the lower tiers it probably won't make a difference in prize boxes if you get or don't get a feat.
  • Thats true but it doesnt encourage lower players to continue if the feel every event (even at level I) cant be done.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    In other words, you wont get the rewards for certain tasks unless you invest in higher teams. That makes sense with this developer. Im remembering why i left.

No it was added so people with only relics werent at a disadvantage getting certain feats. How they set ot up is the best for everyone, as you dont need to do pointless battles for each feat on each tier, just your highest completable tier.

Psrsonally i would hope they add this to assult battles one day so if i beat challenge tier 1, i dont need to play the lower 4 battles

Uhh what? Obviously if you want to do the feats in higher tiers you'll need higher gear teams. But if you're not an endgame player and don't have super high gear, you can still try to do the lower tiers. That's why there's so many tiers, so players at all levels can have something to play.

In your case, if your teams are too high level to get the feats in the lower tiers, then just...don't do the lower tiers. Do the higher tiers instead, and if you get the feat done you'll get credit for the lower tiers too.

This is my point i can do upto level V (bear in mind im only playing after FIVE years away) and for me, a feat to steal 50k in level 1 should be easy. Why isnt it? It was mentioned that doing a higher level health steal would then incorporate the levels below prizes. My question is, why cant it be done easily (Ive looked this issue up and its not the first complaint on it) and i have no issue with superb teams doing level VII etc.
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    In other words, you wont get the rewards for certain tasks unless you invest in higher teams. That makes sense with this developer. Im remembering why i left.

No it was added so people with only relics werent at a disadvantage getting certain feats. How they set ot up is the best for everyone, as you dont need to do pointless battles for each feat on each tier, just your highest completable tier.

Psrsonally i would hope they add this to assult battles one day so if i beat challenge tier 1, i dont need to play the lower 4 battles

My Recommended tier is IV. Depends on the type i can do either that or the +1recommened blows me away, fine, i know that i need to improve other units to achieve. Some feats just seem unachievable even though you can win easy.
  • This is my point i can do upto level V (bear in mind im only playing after FIVE years away) and for me, a feat to steal 50k in level 1 should be easy. Why isnt it?

it's not easy for you so it can be easy for someone else. Your TierV squads are so powerful that they kill everything on Tier1 before you get injured, much less before you heal anything.

In order to give everyone a chance to participate, the Tier1 feat is not doable by someone who completes TierVII, but it's possible to complete for people who can't defeat Tier4 with their best team, let along Sith-only.

In order to give out fair rewards, though, if you complete the healing feat on TierV, they give you credit for having done it on Tier 1-IV.

What's driving me batty on this one is that JTR dishes out healing immunity that cannot be cleansed, so when I put in a team strong enough to take her out right away, I can't heal enough because I mow everyone down. When I put in a team weak enough for the battle to last a while, JTR prevents all my healing.
  • This is my point i can do upto level V (bear in mind im only playing after FIVE years away) and for me, a feat to steal 50k in level 1 should be easy. Why isnt it?

it's not easy for you so it can be easy for someone else. Your TierV squads are so powerful that they kill everything on Tier1 before you get injured, much less before you heal anything.

In order to give everyone a chance to participate, the Tier1 feat is not doable by someone who completes TierVII, but it's possible to complete for people who can't defeat Tier4 with their best team, let along Sith-only.

In order to give out fair rewards, though, if you complete the healing feat on TierV, they give you credit for having done it on Tier 1-IV.

What's driving me batty on this one is that JTR dishes out healing immunity that cannot be cleansed, so when I put in a team strong enough to take her out right away, I can't heal enough because I mow everyone down. When I put in a team weak enough for the battle to last a while, JTR prevents all my healing.

You have my point exactly. This is where i think wording isnt brilliant (maybe a better description box somewhere that explains in detail that natural health recovery isnt counted etc My tactic is thrawn her, vader, palp (hope for a stun) then i try to whittle down the others naturally as to get the 3 in one turn as well as health steal. Thank you for the detail on what you think :)
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    You also don't need to get the feats in the same attempt - Galactic challenges don't take energy of any form to attempt, and getting each one with a different team is vastly easier.

As an example, I used 3 teams for this one.
    T7: Palp/Vader/DR/BSF/Malak (T7 clear and T7 all sith clear)
    T7: Rey/Hoda/Wat/Armorer/R2 (Kill 3 enemies at once - team setup is to just massively buff GL Rey while having minimal other units attacking, so her ult can kill the last 3)
    T6: Savage lead, Malak, Wat, Traya, Armorer. For the healing feat. (I only have a 5* Malak so Armorer + Savage lead helped him survive hits.)

That got me max rewards, but aside from the initial clear, each team only completed 1 feat, and was purpose built to complete that one feat.

Galactic Challenge feats have also always been a little wonky with how easy or hard to complete some of them are - Healing feats are always a pain, often requiring very specific team setups that most lower GP players just don't have. Multi-kill feats are also a pain if you don't have high-damage aoe chars, like GG, Anakin or GL Rey.
    Meanwhile, some others, like "don't lose a unit" are generally fairly easy to accomplish with most teams that can reliably clear a tier.

But that's basically the point of the mode - It's something that encourages wider investment, rather than just going for the 1 current strongest meta team.
  • Artumas wrote: »
    You also don't need to get the feats in the same attempt - Galactic challenges don't take energy of any form to attempt, and getting each one with a different team is vastly easier.

As an example, I used 3 teams for this one.
    T7: Palp/Vader/DR/BSF/Malak (T7 clear and T7 all sith clear)
    T7: Rey/Hoda/Wat/Armorer/R2 (Kill 3 enemies at once - team setup is to just massively buff GL Rey while having minimal other units attacking, so her ult can kill the last 3)
    T6: Savage lead, Malak, Wat, Traya, Armorer. For the healing feat. (I only have a 5* Malak so Armorer + Savage lead helped him survive hits.)

That got me max rewards, but aside from the initial clear, each team only completed 1 feat, and was purpose built to complete that one feat.

Galactic Challenge feats have also always been a little wonky with how easy or hard to complete some of them are - Healing feats are always a pain, often requiring very specific team setups that most lower GP players just don't have. Multi-kill feats are also a pain if you don't have high-damage aoe chars, like GG, Anakin or GL Rey.
    Meanwhile, some others, like "don't lose a unit" are generally fairly easy to accomplish with most teams that can reliably clear a tier.

But that's basically the point of the mode - It's something that encourages wider investment, rather than just going for the 1 current strongest meta team.

I completely get that point, In the same sentence you have mentioned WAT, Armorer, Malak etc. the feat should be possible for those that dont have the teams. I completely accept that if you have certain OP toons then its easier but there should still be an avenue to achieve feats at a lower level than you can actually beat the tier you challenge.

So i can maybe beat Tier V at times depending on RNG (maybe a mod change) but at Tier IV where i can draw out a challenge i still get nowhere near the health steal. So is the challenge about health steal or is it about having certain characters which influences financial investment? I believe that every tier feat should be possible within the range of your own GP etc, beating the challenge itself is realistic, doing it with full Siths is realistic, killing 3 in one turn challenges your tactical thinking, the health steal defies the logic applied