Please review my roster - thoughts?

DarthGirthios
92 posts Member
edited April 2021
https://swgoh.gg/p/858614262/characters/

So I’m a returning player and took around just as GAS was released,

1. I don’t intend to go for a GL just yet as I want to acquire more teams which I think would help me out in the long run and I also want to see what comes in the future.
2. I’m currently gearing my JKR, whilst farming for Darth revan.
3. I’m also farming slowly for GAS as I think I’d prefer him to Malak (I also understand he’s what makes a DR team function)
4. I’ve also managed to find a very good guild that’d take me in that is doing DS geo TB for wat.

Can someone give me some advice on if I’m doing anything wrong? Bloating my GP for where my Roster is at? Or any advice at all that’ll help me in the future?

Many thanks

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• What's your guilds GP?

Your plan seems solid. Gear up JKR and go for DR to wrap up two decent teams. I would suggest going for Malak over GAS if you are going to DR.
  • MKHolloway wrote: »
    What's your guilds GP?

Your plan seems solid. Gear up JKR and go for DR to wrap up two decent teams. I would suggest going for Malak over GAS if you are going to DR.

Yeah I’m very happy to be in the Guild I am and the guys in there seem great too! Just wanted to see if there was any more advice out there just in case I’m missing anything, I know I should probably go for Malak but GAS is one of my favourite characters along with Kenobi from the films/series so I’d prefer to go for him
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you want to have a viable JKR team you will need to gear up JKR, Jolee and Bastilla Shan. If you want to have a viable DR team you will have to gear up DR and Bastilla Shan (Fallen). This means you will gear up 5 of the 10 characters required to unlock Malak anyway so why not gear up the remaining 5 to meet the minimum requirements for Malak as well? You'll be so close to fulfilling the requirements so I'd recommend gear up the remaining few characters as well.

Your bounty hunters are almost ready to unlock a 7* legendary Chewbacca. Cad Bane and Dengar don't need much gear. G10 will suffice for them.
  • @Kyno

This is the kind of thread that is appropriate for the "New Players" not "general discussion" part of the forums, although i understand that you're not "new" but "returning" (Kyno? Maybe a relabel of that section is appropriate?)

That said, I'm happy to look at your roster.

Empire:
    Toons to bring to 7*:
    Veers
    Colonel Starck
    Range Trooper

Toons to Gear:
    Vader => g12+3 minimum, relic if you can
    Palp => g12+0
    Veers => g9
    Snowtrooper => g9

Sith
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Traya (Passive boost through HSTR raid)
    Sion + Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (Light-Side 9-A... do NOT farm from the Fleet battles node)
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)

Toons to gear:
    Bastila Shan (Fallen) => g10
    Traya => g10

Bounty Hunters:
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    Cad Bane => g10
    Jando Fett => g12 + 0
    Bossk => g12+3

First Order:
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    KRU => g11
    Kylo Ren => g10

Old Republic
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Carth Onasi
    Juhani

...maybe Canderous? This is a Cantina farm, so you can't farm it with a lot of other things at the same time. Farm only when ready to go for Darth Revan.

Toons to gear:
    JK Revan => g12+0
    Jolee Bindo => g11+3

Geonosians
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    Brood Alpha => r1
    Spy => r1

Phoenix
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Sabine

Toons to gear:
    None

Rebels
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Chewbacca
    Threepio & Chewbacca

Toons to gear:
    Han => r1

Resistance
    Toons to bring to 7*
    BB-8
    Rey (Jedi Training)

Toons to gear:
    BB-8 => g11
    Finn => g11
    Resistance Trooper => g11

I see JTR's Resistance as the biggest hole in your roster that you can fill in the near term future. JTR is used for many, MANY things, including dramatically improving raid performance.

You can of course put these suggestions in any priority order you like, but for gearing purposes, I would make your top priorities these (in order)
    1. Vader
    2. KRU
    3. Kylo Ren
    4. BB-8
    5. Finn
    6. Rey (Jedi Training)

Vader just because he's transformative for Empire in the same way that JTR is transformative for Resistance, and you already have him, sitting there undergeared. KRU & Kylo Sen are so that you can finish the BB-8 event. They can be moved back in priority as soon as you have a 7* BB-8. (You still need to gear them, but the immediate pressure to do that ASAP is gone.)

BB-8 and Finn will help you in the JTR event, and then JTR herself becomes the top priority as soon as you have her.

After that? I would make your next gear priority the Bounty Hunters until you have grabbed 7* Chewbacca. Then your top gear priorities for a bit are Han Solo & Chewbacca.

Also? You should really create a plan for every single type of energy - how much you're spending on what every single day - and every store. For the stores you just need to decide what your priorities are, but you won't necessarily buy those things every day since they may not show up every day.

You always get farther faster in the game with a plan, and I strongly recommend making a comprehensive one even if your priorities are completely different from what I've suggested. It's not what your buying or farming, it's knowing what you're working on so you don't get distracted & end up finishing nothing.

• @Kyno

This is the kind of thread that is appropriate for the "New Players" not "general discussion" part of the forums, although i understand that you're not "new" but "returning" (Kyno? Maybe a relabel of that section is appropriate?)

Empire:
    Toons to bring to 7*:
    Veers
    Colonel Starck
    Range Trooper

Toons to Gear:
    Palp => g12+0
    Veers => g9
    Snowtrooper => g9

Sith
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Sion + Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (Light-Side 9-A... do NOT farm from the Fleet battles node)
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)

Toons to gear:
    Traya => g10

Bounty Hunters:
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    Cad Bane => g10
    Jando Fett => g12 + 0
    Bossk => g12+3

First Order:
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    KRU => g11
    Kylo Ren => g10

Old Republic
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Carth Onasi
    Juhani

...maybe Canderous? This is a Cantina farm, so you can't farm it with a lot of other things at the same time. Farm only when ready to go for Darth Revan.

Toons to gear:
    JK Revan => g12+0
    Jolee Bindo => g11+3

Geonosians
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    Brood Alpha => r1
    Spy => r1

Phoenix
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Sabine

Toons to gear:
    None

Rebels
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Chewbacca
    Threepio & Chewbacca

Toons to gear:
    Han => r1

Resistance
    Toons to bring to 7*
    BB-8
    Rey (Jedi Training)

Toons to gear:
    BB-8 => g11
    Finn => g11

I see JTR's Resistance as the biggest hole in your roster that you can fill in the near term future. JTR is used for many, MANY things, including dramatically improving raid performance.

You can of course put these suggestions in any priority order you like, but for gearing purposes, I would make your top priorities these (in order)
    1. Vader
    2. KRU
    3. Kylo Ren
    4. BB-8
    5. Finn
    6. Rey (Jedi Training)

Vader just because he's transformative for Empire in the same way that JTR is transformative for Resistance, and you already have him, sitting there undergeared. KRU & Kylo Sen are so that you can finish the BB-8 event. They can be moved back in priority as soon as you have a 7* BB-8. (You still need to gear them, but the immediate pressure to do that ASAP is gone.)

BB-8 and Finn will help you in the JTR event, and then JTR herself becomes the top priority as soon as you have her.

After that? I would make your next gear priority the Bounty Hunters until you have grabbed 7* Chewbacca. Then your top gear priorities for a bit are Han Solo & Chewbacca.

Also? You should really create a plan for every single type of energy - how much you're spending on what every single day - and every store. For the stores you just need to decide what your priorities are, but you won't necessarily buy those things every day since they may not show up every day.

You always get farther faster in the game with a plan, and I strongly recommend making a comprehensive one even if your priorities are completely different from what I've suggested. It's not what your buying or farming, it's knowing what you're working on so you don't get distracted & end up finishing nothing.

My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • MKHolloway wrote: »
    What's your guilds GP?

Yeah I’m very happy to be in the Guild I am and the guys in there seem great too! Just wanted to see if there was any more advice out there just in case I’m missing anything, I know I should probably go for Malak but GAS is one of my favourite characters along with Kenobi from the films/series so I’d prefer to go for him

GP means galactic power. I found your guild's GP to be:

kvxp5uarqmzu.png
  • @Kyno

Empire:
    Toons to bring to 7*:
    Veers
    Colonel Starck
    Range Trooper

Toons to Gear:
    Palp => g12+0
    Veers => g9
    Snowtrooper => g9

Sith
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)

Toons to gear:
    Traya => g10

Bounty Hunters:
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    Cad Bane => g10
    Jando Fett => g12 + 0
    Bossk => g12+3

First Order:
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    KRU => g11
    Kylo Ren => g10

Old Republic
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Carth Onasi
    Juhani

Toons to gear:
    JK Revan => g12+0
    Jolee Bindo => g11+3

Geonosians
    Toons to bring to 7*
    None

Toons to gear:
    Brood Alpha => r1
    Spy => r1

Phoenix
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Sabine

Toons to gear:
    None

Rebels
    Toons to bring to 7*
    Chewbacca
    Threepio & Chewbacca

Toons to gear:
    Han => r1

Resistance
    Toons to bring to 7*
    BB-8
    Rey (Jedi Training)

Toons to gear:
    BB-8 => g11
    Finn => g11

1. Vader
    2. KRU
    3. Kylo Ren
    4. BB-8
    5. Finn
    6. Rey (Jedi Training)

Brilliant man, thanks for all the info and apologies for posting in the wrong place.

Like said I’m currently farming to unlock DR however I’d much prefer to go for GAS than Malak (although I know Malak is what makes a DR team function at full capability)

I have starck and veers but currently not unlocked as I’m focusing on other characters at the moment,

I also have a 7* Chewbacca that needs (don’t know how I did it with the BH I have) unlocking which i will be focusing on after I’ve got my JKR to a sufficient Gear level. I’m also farming Chewpios hard node but it’s taking foreeeever.

I almost have all Old republic at 7* just Juhani which is taking her sweet sweet time but I’m refreshing her node once a day.

I know my resistant toons are very neglected and that’s an issue with my roster I just never really paid attention to them as I wasn’t a fan of them, however I do have a 7* BB8 (again waiting to be unlocked) I just need to focus on Gear and Vet chewie for the event itself.

So would you still suggest hearing KRU and Kylo as I already have BB8 7* or should they be toons I focus on further down the line?

I probably overspend on crystals daily by around 100-200 a day, because as you can imagine my arena team being Padme I'm surrounded by so many much better squads than mine, I also can’t break top 20 in fleet just yet however I’m beginning to focus on fleet more (something I wish I didn’t neglect in the past).

I would be more than happy to spend £20-£50 a month also just to keep the Crystal income coming in whilst I try and get back up and running.

• Waqui wrote: »
    If you want to have a viable JKR team you will need to gear up JKR, Jolee and Bastilla Shan. If you want to have a viable DR team you will have to gear up DR and Bastilla Shan (Fallen). This means you will gear up 5 of the 10 characters required to unlock Malak anyway so why not gear up the remaining 5 to meet the minimum requirements for Malak as well? You'll be so close to fulfilling the requirements so I'd recommend gear up the remaining few characters as well.

Your bounty hunters are almost ready to unlock a 7* legendary Chewbacca. Cad Bane and Dengar don't need much gear. G10 will suffice for them.

True, very good point- however do you know the minimum gear requirements for these?

I have managed to snag A 7* chewbacca after 1 Hour of trying so I must’ve gotten good RNG.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Congratulations on your new Chewie :-)

There's no gear requirements for the Malak's event. However, there's a requirement for 17.5k character GP. I'd recommend to skip gearing T3-M4 and Juhani and take the remaining available characters to 17.5k.

You can Complete JKR's and DR's events with less gear but overgearing won't be wasted since you need it for Malak anyway. The key characters for those events are Bastilla x 2. A g12 Bastilla/BSF with lower gear allies will do the trick.
  • Unless you used Dengar and or a G12 zBossk, yes RNG was in your favor.
  • @ Mephisto
    They had both g12 zBossk and Dengar, but they didn't have a good 5th BH, so, yeah, I consider it lucky that they got through with essentially 4 BH, even if they had the two main required ones.

@ DarthGirthios

Please note that I've heard you say you want to go for GAS before Malak, but that you also want to shore up a bunch of teams right now instead of creating one super-team. I got that impression relying on these quotes:
    I want to acquire more teams which I think would help me out in the long run and I also want to see what comes in the future. ...

I’m also farming slowly for GAS

So I'm staying consistent with farming slowly for GAS rather than focussing full bore, and also I'm trying to shore up the holes in your roster with competent teams rather than trying to create any one super-team.

So that's the context of my advice. If your goals change, the advice would change. On the same page now? Great. Let's go:

I would stick largely to the gearing priorities I laid out for you: Vader first, then do what is necessary to get your JTR squad functional, which now does NOT include giving some gear to KRU & Kylo Ren for the BB-8 event, since you already have 7* BB-8.

Also? Even if you don't gear a toon past g6 (g6 should be exceptionally easy for any character by the time someone has hit your GP level) you should always unlock your event toons and take them to 7*. Credits might need to be managed, but it's about 2.0 to 2.1M per character, and we're only talking the event characters, so it's not that much, considering you get more than 0.5M per day just from Galactic War, and regular raiding increases that by a lot.

Once they're all unlocked and g6 (which requires a level around 45-50 or something, the credits for that are already factored into the 2M listed above since early levels are cheap), you're going to need to selectively bring them along to level 78 as quickly as you can. At that point, you can choose to level them up only when you're ready with gear which requires a higher level on your toon or you're ready with a zeta (which will require Level 82, level 84, or in rare cases level 85)

I guess this is how I would rework your gear priorities:
    1. Vader => g12+3
    2. Chewbacca => g11
    3. Tarkin => g12+3
    4. Han Solo => r1 to r3, somewhere in there.
    5. BB-8 => g10
    6. Finn => g10+4 to g11+2, somewhere in there
    7. Rey (Jedi Training) => g11+4
    8. Vader => r1 to r3, somewhere in there
    9. Veers => g8
    10. Starck => g8
    11. Boss => r1 to r3, somewhere in there

You can and should work on more than 1 toon's gear at a time. I usually work on 2-3 at a time. You do this most productively by picking characters with different roles. An attacker's gear doesn't overlap as much with a Tank's gear as two Tanks overlap with each other. So you keep them in order, but where the gear does not conflict you place it on a toon right away. But role isn't everything. That's just a proxy for looking in detail at the gear required: you should be able to do Chewbacca & Vader simultaneously, for instance, but giving the first Mk5 StunGun to Vader, the 2nd one to Chewbacca, etc.

Likewise, you should be able to bring anyone you want to g6 easily without slowing down any of your high-gear priorities. Veers should be brought up to g6 right away, as should Starck. You want both of those poised to take off as soon as you have the spare gear, and in the meantime they might help you in a Galactic challenge or Conquest event if you can bring them to g8 and get the zeta on Veers. The greatest thing about the Imperial Troopers is that they can pull off some amazing feats with just that single zeta on Veers' Unique. I don't have their gear tables memorized, but you should take Veers & Starck to g8 the earliest moment you can do that without messing up progression for someone higher on the priority list. This shouldn't be **too** hard, but, for example, Mk3 Holo Lenses are a common gear piece required at g6 & g7, while at g8+ they are typically only found as a component in a much more significant piece - Usually a Mk5 Fusion Furnace. Using a Mk3 Holo for Chewbacca's Fusion Furnaces at g9 should be a higher priority (since Chewbacca is listed higher up) than giving a Mk3 Holo to Veers or Starck at g6/g7. But the conflicts are relatively small at g6 & g7 and should be non-existent below that.

Also note that g12 gear only overlaps to a very small degree with g8 to g11 gear, so it should be easy to take Han to Relic while gearing almost anyone else. This means that when you get Vader to g12+3, even if Chewie isn't at g11 yet, you can take your g12 Han to relics while working on Chewie, or if Chewie is done, you can easily take Han to relic while working on BB-8 and Finn. He really shouldn't conflict much at all with any particular character below g12.

I've noticed that your Capital Ships are at 6*. I assume you're making proper progress on getting the 7th star there, those battles aren't too hard, but there are other things you can and should be doing to shore up your fleet. The entire reason Tarkin is on your gear list, for instance, is for benefits in fleet. Yes, he's a good and integral part of your current Empire squad, and that affects where on the list I'm placing him, but the fact that he's on the list at all is about your Fleet performance. TIE Silencer also needs its 7th star, as does Vader's TIE. When Vader is g12+3, you may very well wish to replace Anakin's ETA starfighter with Vader's TIE. It's the Imperial synergy with Executrix that is going to make it worth it, even if Anakin's ETA hits a little harder and has that Buff Immunity trick up its sleeve.

I assume you're working hard to finish Sun Fac's Starfighter's 7th star. If you haven't figured it out on your own you should keep a bank of 2,000 or so Galactic War tokens that you ONLY spend on Sun Fac. Anything over 2k you can spend on other things, but if you're not keeping a bank, you'll most often be out of tokens when Sun Fac makes an appearance since it is a rare ship. But of course you really want to buy Sun Fac with those GW tokens rather than the more-precious Fleet Arena Tokens. Keeping a reserve is how to make sure you can do that.

Other than Sun Fac, you should be purchasing ONLY ships in the GW store. When you have every single ship to 7* in there, then you can purchase ships you already have (like Ahsoka or the Geos) and turn the extra blueprints into Shard Shop Currency.

Other ships needed are
    1. Hyena Bomber
    2. Vulture droid
    3. IG-2000
    4. Xanadu Blood
    5. Slave 1

None of those are available in the GW store, and all of them are necessary to your progress. The first 3 fit directly into the fleet you're building and the last 3 are required for Han's Millennium Falcon - a great ship if ever there was one.

• With zBoosk at G12 and Dengar even at G8 it should still be a cakewalk even with just 2 other OK BH
  • Master Seedy does give great advice.

Also, you actually get 0.6475m credits from gw ;)
  • @ Mephisto
    They had both g12 zBossk and Dengar, but they didn't have a good 5th BH, so, yeah, I consider it lucky that they got through with essentially 4 BH, even if they had the two main required ones.

@ DarthGirthios

Please note that I've heard you say you want to go for GAS before Malak, but that you also want to shore up a bunch of teams right now instead of creating one super-team. I got that impression relying on these quotes:
    I want to acquire more teams which I think would help me out in the long run and I also want to see what comes in the future. ...

I’m also farming slowly for GAS

So I'm staying consistent with farming slowly for GAS rather than focussing full bore, and also I'm trying to shore up the holes in your roster with competent teams rather than trying to create any one super-team.

So that's the context of my advice. If your goals change, the advice would change. On the same page now? Great. Let's go:

I would stick largely to the gearing priorities I laid out for you: Vader first, then do what is necessary to get your JTR squad functional, which now does NOT include giving some gear to KRU & Kylo Ren for the BB-8 event, since you already have 7* BB-8.

Also? Even if you don't gear a toon past g6 (g6 should be exceptionally easy for any character by the time someone has hit your GP level) you should always unlock your event toons and take them to 7*. Credits might need to be managed, but it's about 2.0 to 2.1M per character, and we're only talking the event characters, so it's not that much, considering you get more than 0.5M per day just from Galactic War, and regular raiding increases that by a lot.

Once they're all unlocked and g6 (which requires a level around 45-50 or something, the credits for that are already factored into the 2M listed above since early levels are cheap), you're going to need to selectively bring them along to level 78 as quickly as you can. At that point, you can choose to level them up only when you're ready with gear which requires a higher level on your toon or you're ready with a zeta (which will require Level 82, level 84, or in rare cases level 85)

I guess this is how I would rework your gear priorities:
    1. Vader => g12+3
    2. Chewbacca => g11
    3. Tarkin => g12+3
    4. Han Solo => r1 to r3, somewhere in there.
    5. BB-8 => g10
    6. Finn => g10+4 to g11+2, somewhere in there
    7. Rey (Jedi Training) => g11+4
    8. Vader => r1 to r3, somewhere in there
    9. Veers => g8
    10. Starck => g8
    11. Boss => r1 to r3, somewhere in there

You can and should work on more than 1 toon's gear at a time. I usually work on 2-3 at a time. You do this most productively by picking characters with different roles. An attacker's gear doesn't overlap as much with a Tank's gear as two Tanks overlap with each other. So you keep them in order, but where the gear does not conflict you place it on a toon right away. But role isn't everything. That's just a proxy for looking in detail at the gear required: you should be able to do Chewbacca & Vader simultaneously, for instance, but giving the first Mk5 StunGun to Vader, the 2nd one to Chewbacca, etc.

Likewise, you should be able to bring anyone you want to g6 easily without slowing down any of your high-gear priorities. Veers should be brought up to g6 right away, as should Starck. You want both of those poised to take off as soon as you have the spare gear, and in the meantime they might help you in a Galactic challenge or Conquest event if you can bring them to g8 and get the zeta on Veers. The greatest thing about the Imperial Troopers is that they can pull off some amazing feats with just that single zeta on Veers' Unique. I don't have their gear tables memorized, but you should take Veers & Starck to g8 the earliest moment you can do that without messing up progression for someone higher on the priority list. This shouldn't be **too** hard, but, for example, Mk3 Holo Lenses are a common gear piece required at g6 & g7, while at g8+ they are typically only found as a component in a much more significant piece - Usually a Mk5 Fusion Furnace. Using a Mk3 Holo for Chewbacca's Fusion Furnaces at g9 should be a higher priority (since Chewbacca is listed higher up) than giving a Mk3 Holo to Veers or Starck at g6/g7. But the conflicts are relatively small at g6 & g7 and should be non-existent below that.

Also note that g12 gear only overlaps to a very small degree with g8 to g11 gear, so it should be easy to take Han to Relic while gearing almost anyone else. This means that when you get Vader to g12+3, even if Chewie isn't at g11 yet, you can take your g12 Han to relics while working on Chewie, or if Chewie is done, you can easily take Han to relic while working on BB-8 and Finn. He really shouldn't conflict much at all with any particular character below g12.

I've noticed that your Capital Ships are at 6*. I assume you're making proper progress on getting the 7th star there, those battles aren't too hard, but there are other things you can and should be doing to shore up your fleet. The entire reason Tarkin is on your gear list, for instance, is for benefits in fleet. Yes, he's a good and integral part of your current Empire squad, and that affects where on the list I'm placing him, but the fact that he's on the list at all is about your Fleet performance. TIE Silencer also needs its 7th star, as does Vader's TIE. When Vader is g12+3, you may very well wish to replace Anakin's ETA starfighter with Vader's TIE. It's the Imperial synergy with Executrix that is going to make it worth it, even if Anakin's ETA hits a little harder and has that Buff Immunity trick up its sleeve.

I assume you're working hard to finish Sun Fac's Starfighter's 7th star. If you haven't figured it out on your own you should keep a bank of 2,000 or so Galactic War tokens that you ONLY spend on Sun Fac. Anything over 2k you can spend on other things, but if you're not keeping a bank, you'll most often be out of tokens when Sun Fac makes an appearance since it is a rare ship. But of course you really want to buy Sun Fac with those GW tokens rather than the more-precious Fleet Arena Tokens. Keeping a reserve is how to make sure you can do that.

Other than Sun Fac, you should be purchasing ONLY ships in the GW store. When you have every single ship to 7* in there, then you can purchase ships you already have (like Ahsoka or the Geos) and turn the extra blueprints into Shard Shop Currency.

Other ships needed are
    1. Hyena Bomber
    2. Vulture droid
    3. IG-2000
    4. Xanadu Blood
    5. Slave 1

None of those are available in the GW store, and all of them are necessary to your progress. The first 3 fit directly into the fleet you're building and the last 3 are required for Han's Millennium Falcon - a great ship if ever there was one.

Wow thank you so much for all of this needed information, I really appreciate that. Just a couple of questions though:

Any specific reasoning for gearing the characters you’ve mentioned?
    And are you suggesting I take all characters I’m interested in to G6 now?
  • Any specific reasoning for gearing the characters you’ve mentioned?

Yes. Your Empire squad is largely built, but Vader is a hugely important part of that squad. He should, in general, be the highest-geared toon in your Palp-led Empire/Sith squad. Yours in g8. So to make your Palp squad what it should be, you have to gear up Vader. Since your Palp squad is the squad that's closest to being ready for prime time without being prime time worthy, gearing up that single toon helps achieve one of your stated goals of getting multiple, solid squads by taking your mediocre Palp squad to excellent in a single step. Moreover, you're using an Executrix-based fleet. Vader's TIE does well in that mode under Executrix, so by gearing up Vader you get 2 things: the Palp squad you need and help in Fleet. The massive benefits from gearing a single character justify investing in him first.

Tarkin is very valuable in a Palp squad - not the greatest, but definitely belongs in that squad of the characters you have. And also Tarkin is your Fleet Commander. The huge boost to fleet from Tarkin's gear at a time when you're trying to move up the Fleet Arena ranks + the additional help to a Palp squad you're trying to make great justifies putting Tarkin high up the list.

Your CLS squad is also near the point where it can defeat other meta or at least A-level squads. To do that you need Han's suvivability increased. Remember that Han calls Chewie's assists and Han already does a lot of damage. Chewie adds +20% of the target's max health as bonus damage (and does his own basic damage) on an assist. This bonus % damage is often larger than Chewie's base damage. If you lose Han, you lose all those assists from Chewie on top of all the damage from Han himself (which is a lot). In short, the squad falls apart without Han. The problem is that Han is supremely squishy at g12+0 or anything below that. G12 pieces add enormous durability to Han while increasing his damage at the same time. Meanwhile, Chewie brings along automatic healing every time he attacks - giving Han even more survivability. So taking your CLS squad from useful to amazing is about getting Han's g12 gear and getting Chewie enough gear that he doesn't go down easily. But he doesn't have to be geared quite as high because he's much more sturdy than Han and he also has that bonus %Health damage which doesn't increase with gear.

So your CLS squad gets to A-level territory with 2 characters geared instead of one, and doesn't have the immediate Fleet benefit, but still it's a relatively small investment to make that squad great. Therefore Chewie & Han are next on the priorities.

BUT, of course, Tarkin & Han are already much better geared compared to Vader & Chewie, so in the Vader + Tarkin & Chewie + Han comparisons, bringing Vader & Chewie up to the general level of the rest of their respective squads is more important than improving Tarkin & Han. Also, I looked at the gear & it's pretty easy to do Vader & Chewie at the same time since little enough of their gear overlaps below g11.

Thus 1-Vader, 2-Chewie (giving 2 different squads large boosts in a short time), 3-Tarkin (further boosting top-priority squad + giving a benefit to Fleet), 4-Han (dramatically increasing his durability and thus making the CLS squad very hard to stop.

The 3rd priority squad is JTR because of how crucial she, BB-8, and Finn are to scoring well in raids. This requires more work than the other 2 squads above, but even if it requires boosts to 3 characters to make it come together, it's still more than worth it, and far less work than some other factions like NightSisters where you would need to gear 5 characters.

BB-8 & Finn come first because you need those characters at decent gear levels for the JTR even anyway.

Vader to relics reappears now because taking Vader to g12+3 made him the best toon on the Palp squad (which he should be) but he is an absolute terror at relics. He deserves relics. We would have made him a relic toon at the beginning except that bringing Han to relics makes a bigger difference to Han than it does to Vader. Since it made a bigger difference to Han, we gave him his g12 gear first. Since g12 gear doesn't conflict with sub-g12 gear very much, it's likely you'll be gearing Vader at the same time you're working on BB-8 or Finn (basically starting the moment you get Han to relics), but I put him lower since he's already going to be functioning very well, while JTR's squad isn't up and running at all yet. So where there is a conflict with gear, I want the priority to go to getting JTR's squad functional.

Veers & Starck because Imperial Trooper squads can do quite a lot even with low gear because of their TM jumping. If the other side can't take a turn, then it doesn't matter if the Trooper gear is lower and each hit isn't doing much. They're also important for certain events, so you can't ignore them entirely. If other squads could function on extremely low gear, I might put them ahead of Troopers, but they can't, so I didn't. This isn't so much about Troopers being awesome as it is about getting something useful for such a tiny investment you have to ask yourself, "Why not do it?"

Bossk is taken to relic because he's the principle tank in fleet and goes well with literally any Fleet squadron. At higher gear, he tanks more damage and thus protects the rest of your fleet better. There isn't a gear level too high for Bossk because of how much benefit he brings to fleet. BUT... you have a solid Bossk, so you have a solid Hound's Tooth, and this is about making the character and thus the ship better - not bringing them from non-functional to functional. Thus he's got to be on the list, but his priority on the list is lower than any other toon who is actually enabling a squad that wasn't previously functioning (or not functioning as it should) to get going.

Yep. There's literally no reason not to if you know you're going to be gearing them any time in the next several months. Only the characters that aren't on your priority list at all and you don't know when they'll ever make it onto your priority list should be left g1/level 1.

Now, that's a lot of characters even so. I'm not saying bring your NS to g6 if you don't want to: they simply aren't on the time horizon. But if your current long-term goal is getting GAS, then then all the toons you'll eventually need for GAS. If you know you want to get SLKR someday, but you don't know when that's ever going to happen, you can go ahead and leave FOTP at g1/level 1.

You do have to manage credits, but unlocking things and promoting them to 7* and then bringing them up to g6 makes them ready to level and gear. If you have them at level 50 you can even put placeholder mods on them. You might change those mods later depending on how important the toon becomes to you, but you can put critical damage mods on attackers that gain advantage or have high crit chance right now. Without slicing them, they won't be the best mods, but they won't count against your mod inventory either and when it does come time to upgrade those characters your placeholder mods provide a roadmap for whatever other mods you might need -- or, if you get lucky with your slicing, can just stay on that character.

Part of this is also about mod management in another sense. You can spend infinite amounts of money getting great mods. ANd working hard on mods is worth it. And you should spend a lot of money on mods. But if your character is 3*/ gear 1/level 1 and you don't have enough credits improve it, then even the best mods in the game don't matter at all.

By making sure you know what toons are needed for your goals and getting them to 7* and g6 now, you guarantee yourself that you won't someday realize you need the toon but have to wait a week to get them ready. Worse, this can happen to entire factions if you're spending all your money on mods, and then you might be held back for 3 weeks or so. Getting toons to 7*/g6 is a way to manage money so you don't accidentally overspend on the biggest credit-suck in the game: mods.

If you're trying to figure out, "do I really have the money to spare to buy or upgrade mods?" making sure that you've got those 2M minimum credits invested in each toon helps you to make quicker and better decisions about whether you really do have the credits for those mod actions you want to take.

So, yeah. Level a bunch of toons g1/L1, but if they're on your roadmap to your goals at all, get them up to 7* and g6 as soon as you can is my opinion. I think it leads to better decision making and more reasonable toon/mod balance in spending.

Yes. Your Empire squad is largely built, but Vader is a hugely important part of that squad. He should, in general, be the highest-geared toon in your Palp-led Empire/Sith squad. Yours in g8. So to make your Palp squad what it should be, you have to gear up Vader. Since your Palp squad is the squad that's closest to being ready for prime time without being prime time worthy, gearing up that single toon helps achieve one of your stated goals of getting multiple, solid squads by taking your mediocre Palp squad to excellent in a single step. Moreover, you're using an Executrix-based fleet. Vader's TIE does well in that mode under Executrix, so by gearing up Vader you get 2 things: the Palp squad you need and help in Fleet. The massive benefits from gearing a single character justify investing in him first.

Tarkin is very valuable in a Palp squad - not the greatest, but definitely belongs in that squad of the characters you have. And also Tarkin is your Fleet Commander. The huge boost to fleet from Tarkin's gear at a time when you're trying to move up the Fleet Arena ranks + the additional help to a Palp squad you're trying to make great justifies putting Tarkin high up the list.

Your CLS squad is also near the point where it can defeat other meta or at least A-level squads. To do that you need Han's suvivability increased. Remember that Han calls Chewie's assists and Han already does a lot of damage. Chewie adds +20% of the target's max health as bonus damage (and does his own basic damage) on an assist. This bonus % damage is often larger than Chewie's base damage. If you lose Han, you lose all those assists from Chewie on top of all the damage from Han himself (which is a lot). In short, the squad falls apart without Han. The problem is that Han is supremely squishy at g12+0 or anything below that. G12 pieces add enormous durability to Han while increasing his damage at the same time. Meanwhile, Chewie brings along automatic healing every time he attacks - giving Han even more survivability. So taking your CLS squad from useful to amazing is about getting Han's g12 gear and getting Chewie enough gear that he doesn't go down easily. But he doesn't have to be geared quite as high because he's much more sturdy than Han and he also has that bonus %Health damage which doesn't increase with gear.

So your CLS squad gets to A-level territory with 2 characters geared instead of one, and doesn't have the immediate Fleet benefit, but still it's a relatively small investment to make that squad great. Therefore Chewie & Han are next on the priorities.

BUT, of course, Tarkin & Han are already much better geared compared to Vader & Chewie, so in the Vader + Tarkin & Chewie + Han comparisons, bringing Vader & Chewie up to the general level of the rest of their respective squads is more important than improving Tarkin & Han. Also, I looked at the gear & it's pretty easy to do Vader & Chewie at the same time since little enough of their gear overlaps below g11.

Thus 1-Vader, 2-Chewie (giving 2 different squads large boosts in a short time), 3-Tarkin (further boosting top-priority squad + giving a benefit to Fleet), 4-Han (dramatically increasing his durability and thus making the CLS squad very hard to stop.

The 3rd priority squad is JTR because of how crucial she, BB-8, and Finn are to scoring well in raids. This requires more work than the other 2 squads above, but even if it requires boosts to 3 characters to make it come together, it's still more than worth it, and far less work than some other factions like NightSisters where you would need to gear 5 characters.

BB-8 & Finn come first because you need those characters at decent gear levels for the JTR even anyway.

Vader to relics reappears now because taking Vader to g12+3 made him the best toon on the Palp squad (which he should be) but he is an absolute terror at relics. He deserves relics. We would have made him a relic toon at the beginning except that bringing Han to relics makes a bigger difference to Han than it does to Vader. Since it made a bigger difference to Han, we gave him his g12 gear first. Since g12 gear doesn't conflict with sub-g12 gear very much, it's likely you'll be gearing Vader at the same time you're working on BB-8 or Finn (basically starting the moment you get Han to relics), but I put him lower since he's already going to be functioning very well, while JTR's squad isn't up and running at all yet. So where there is a conflict with gear, I want the priority to go to getting JTR's squad functional.

Veers & Starck because Imperial Trooper squads can do quite a lot even with low gear because of their TM jumping. If the other side can't take a turn, then it doesn't matter if the Trooper gear is lower and each hit isn't doing much. They're also important for certain events, so you can't ignore them entirely. If other squads could function on extremely low gear, I might put them ahead of Troopers, but they can't, so I didn't. This isn't so much about Troopers being awesome as it is about getting something useful for such a tiny investment you have to ask yourself, "Why not do it?"

Bossk is taken to relic because he's the principle tank in fleet and goes well with literally any Fleet squadron. At higher gear, he tanks more damage and thus protects the rest of your fleet better. There isn't a gear level too high for Bossk because of how much benefit he brings to fleet. BUT... you have a solid Bossk, so you have a solid Hound's Tooth, and this is about making the character and thus the ship better - not bringing them from non-functional to functional. Thus he's got to be on the list, but his priority on the list is lower than any other toon who is actually enabling a squad that wasn't previously functioning (or not functioning as it should) to get going.

Yep. There's literally no reason not to if you know you're going to be gearing them any time in the next several months. Only the characters that aren't on your priority list at all and you don't know when they'll ever make it onto your priority list should be left g1/level 1.

Now, that's a lot of characters even so. I'm not saying bring your NS to g6 if you don't want to: they simply aren't on the time horizon. But if your current long-term goal is getting GAS, then then all the toons you'll eventually need for GAS. If you know you want to get SLKR someday, but you don't know when that's ever going to happen, you can go ahead and leave FOTP at g1/level 1.

You do have to manage credits, but unlocking things and promoting them to 7* and then bringing them up to g6 makes them ready to level and gear. If you have them at level 50 you can even put placeholder mods on them. You might change those mods later depending on how important the toon becomes to you, but you can put critical damage mods on attackers that gain advantage or have high crit chance right now. Without slicing them, they won't be the best mods, but they won't count against your mod inventory either and when it does come time to upgrade those characters your placeholder mods provide a roadmap for whatever other mods you might need -- or, if you get lucky with your slicing, can just stay on that character.

Part of this is also about mod management in another sense. You can spend infinite amounts of money getting great mods. ANd working hard on mods is worth it. And you should spend a lot of money on mods. But if your character is 3*/ gear 1/level 1 and you don't have enough credits improve it, then even the best mods in the game don't matter at all.

By making sure you know what toons are needed for your goals and getting them to 7* and g6 now, you guarantee yourself that you won't someday realize you need the toon but have to wait a week to get them ready. Worse, this can happen to entire factions if you're spending all your money on mods, and then you might be held back for 3 weeks or so. Getting toons to 7*/g6 is a way to manage money so you don't accidentally overspend on the biggest credit-suck in the game: mods.

If you're trying to figure out, "do I really have the money to spare to buy or upgrade mods?" making sure that you've got those 2M minimum credits invested in each toon helps you to make quicker and better decisions about whether you really do have the credits for those mod actions you want to take.

So, yeah. Level a bunch of toons g1/L1, but if they're on your roadmap to your goals at all, get them up to 7* and g6 as soon as you can is my opinion. I think it leads to better decision making and more reasonable toon/mod balance in spending.

Brilliant thank you so much for all of this, would you recommend putting JKR on hold for now then? Also what should be my Zeta Priorities? I have 180 mats available

Brilliant thank you so much for all of this, would you recommend putting JKR on hold for now then? Also what should be my Zeta Priorities? I have 180 mats available

@MasterSeedy i don’t know if you’ve seen this mate but any advice on this would be greatly appreciated, I’ve started my Vader and Chewbacca gearing which is pleasantly going well
  • Oh, sorry, I hadn't noticed for some reason. Let me come back to that tonight or tomorrow. If you don't see anything by tomorrow evening, send me a message.
  • Oh, sorry, I hadn't noticed for some reason. Let me come back to that tonight or tomorrow. If you don't see anything by tomorrow evening, send me a message.

Brilliant thank you very much
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @DarthGirthios

Regarding your zeta priorities:
    I'd recommend that you zeta JKR (all 3) and also omega the 3 remaining abilities. It will fully transform your JKR team and make it significantly more viable in all game modes (individual as well as guild events).

Palpatine's leader ability and Vader's Merciless Massacre and unique zetas will also fully transform your empire team. Their remaining zetas are nice to have but I wouldn't recommend them for now.

If at some point you begin aiming for top-50 in fleet arena I would recommend Bossk's 2nd zeta simply to buff your HT. However, until you aim for top-50 it's only nice-to-have.

Dooku's zeta is nice-to-have for TB but not really required for now.

Those are the only zetas I would recommend on characters you have geared. I would save your remaining zeta materials for later.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    @DarthGirthios

Regarding your zeta priorities:
    I'd recommend that you zeta JKR (all 3) and also omega the 3 remaining abilities. It will fully transform your JKR team and make it significantly more viable in all game modes (individual as well as guild events).

Palpatine's leader ability and Vader's Merciless Massacre and unique zetas will also fully transform your empire team. Their remaining zetas are nice to have but I wouldn't recommend them for now.

If at some point you begin aiming for top-50 in fleet arena I would recommend Bossk's 2nd zeta simply to buff your HT. However, until you aim for top-50 it's only nice-to-have.

Dooku's zeta is nice-to-have for TB but not really required for now.

Those are the only zetas I would recommend on characters you have geared. I would save your remaining zeta materials for later.

Nice, Thankyou- well I done JKR and Vader’s MM Zetas, however I have done my Chewies 2 zetas aswel leaving me with 75 mats,

My initial plan was to go for GAS luckily I hadn’t really started it as I’ve changed my mind, I think it’d be more beneficial for my roster if I went DR then eventually Malak?
  • When is chapter 2 of this book coming out?

The moment either of them quotes the other fully. It will transform.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

I don’t understand...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    My initial plan was to go for GAS luckily I hadn’t really started it as I’ve changed my mind, I think it’d be more beneficial for my roster if I went DR then eventually Malak?

GAS and DR/Malak are both great and you will want to unlock both eventually.
    GAS is the better one for hSTR (phase 1). Both are great in TB and TW/GAC. I can't really give you any advice on the best order to unlock them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

GAS and DR/Malak are both great and you will want to unlock both eventually.
    GAS is the better one for hSTR (phase 1). Both are great in TB and TW/GAC. I can't really give you any advice on the best order to unlock them.

Brilliant thank you very much

@MasterSeedy just a friendly reminder mate