Rey on Defense in 3v3

13Next

Replies

• Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Wish that was my problem. I keep getting paired with opponents that have 50k more top GP than me. That 50k always seems to be a GL. I would think that with 10s of thousands of players in Div 1 they could match better. I would think that if 50k GP would be subtracted from my opponent's top 80 or 65 that it would be much more fair. Whatever though.

There is always the strategist's chance.
    50k GP is chump change in Division 1.
    As a difference in top 80?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Wish that was my problem. I keep getting paired with opponents that have 50k more top GP than me. That 50k always seems to be a GL. I would think that with 10s of thousands of players in Div 1 they could match better. I would think that if 50k GP would be subtracted from my opponent's top 80 or 65 that it would be much more fair. Whatever though.

Depends on the rosters. I don't necessarily use every toon in my top 80. Some of them are GL prerequisites and effectively dead-weight.

GP is merely a rough measure of resource investment. Combat power is determined by how those resources are invested and how the resulting toons and ships are used.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Yes. A great portion of D1 has matchmaking GP of 2-3m. What difference does 50k make there?
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited April 2021

Yes. A great portion of D1 has matchmaking GP of 2-3m. What difference does 50k make there?

I have never seen a top 80 GP difference anywhere near that magnitude. I have had total GP differences of 1-2 million, but top 80 character GP has always been much tighter than that.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

I have never seen a top 80 GP difference anywhere near that magnitude. I have had total GP differences of 1-2 million, but top 80 character GP has always been much tighter than that.
    1) It should be matching on top 66 right now, not top 80, since we are deploying 11 3-toon squads.
    2) It also takes ships into account

So looking at your top 80 is a waste of time.