Changes to conquest incoming...

Prev13
Itsa_me_Malario
1308 posts Member
edited April 2021
The following Conquests will likely feature the introduction and removal of a few data disk sets, different bosses, and a change in the rewards.

Mark my words, they will remove the cool down data disk, and reduce the rewards we get, because hey we can't have fun now can we
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well, the cooldown disks need rebalancing, they make it a bit too easy.
  • The following Conquests will likely feature the introduction and removal of a few data disk sets, different bosses, and a change in the rewards.

Mark my words, they will remove the cool down data disk, and reduce the rewards we get, because hey we can't have fun now can we

I bet you're fun at parties
  • Nauros wrote: »

Instead of removing and adding disks, they need to make it so everyone gets the same disks, it gives unfair advantages to some people where they can get a dread disk at the start of the conquest and basically have a walk in the park while others get 0 purple disks, or just get a terrible one like the booming voice and have to try twice as hard as someone else who got a better rng,
    Imagine having to do challenge tier 3, where depending on ur rng, teebo will either have 200k dps, or hit like a wet noodle. where is the fun in that
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Instead of removing and adding disks, they need to make it so everyone gets the same disks, it gives unfair advantages to some people where they can get a dread disk at the start of the conquest and basically have a walk in the park while others get 0 purple disks, or just get a terrible one like the booming voice and have to try twice as hard as someone else who got a better rng,
    Imagine having to do challenge tier 3, where depending on ur rng, teebo will either have 200k dps, or hit like a wet noodle. where is the fun in that

Well the distribution is a whole other issue that should be looked at. I don't think everyone getting the same disks is the way to go, but some set rarities (like every post-boss cache offering at least one purple) would be nice.
    By the way, the infinite loop combo requires exactly zero purple disks and is pretty easy to build.
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    The cooldown disks are too overpowered but they are a lot of fun. They like to remove fun
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Shaddess wrote: »
    The cooldown disks are too overpowered but they are a lot of fun. They like to remove fun

I think you misspelled "infinite loops". That's the thing they like to remove.

Just don’t compare what you get to other players. Conquest is an individual mode and you are just supposed to get as far as YOU can every time. It’s really fun compared to not having it. And if you hate it so much, just don’t play it. No need to be so negative about the beat game mode they have made in years when your own outlook is most of the issue.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    chuckrambo wrote: »
    The following Conquests will likely feature the introduction and removal of a few data disk sets, different bosses, and a change in the rewards.

I bet you're good at clichés.

Well the distribution is a whole other issue that should be looked at. I don't think everyone getting the same disks is the way to go, but some set rarities (like every post-boss cache offering at least one purple) would be nice.
    By the way, the infinite loop combo requires exactly zero purple disks and is pretty easy to build.

It can go away, all it did was make Vader OP and tons of fun for like 5 matches, it makes no difference in the long run for my roster, since all we are fighting are the same teams over and over and over with 20 to 100% more health and dmg. (Whic is really silly imo, what's a ewok team gonna do with extra 300% hp/protection and damage vs a gas team with 70% stamina?)

Purple disks should be given after each boss, and be the same for all players, that way no one gets an unfair advantage

Just don’t compare what you get to other players. Conquest is an individual mode and you are just supposed to get as far as YOU can every time. It’s really fun compared to not having it. And if you hate it so much, just don’t play it. No need to be so negative about the beat game mode they have made in years when your own outlook is most of the issue.

Um I don't know of a single person that hates conquest.

Don't compare what I get to others? Why not? why should some one have an easier time in a game mode vs someone else just because rng? Why should someone have to work twice as hard as someone else in the same exact game mode, competing for the same exact rewards and having the same exact teams?

Pointing out obvious flaws aren't the same thing as being super negative, if I didn't care for the game mode I wouldn't be here on this forum, like the 80% of player base that never come here.

This is what should be addressed regardless of whether or not they remove or alter preexisting disks or not. Players shouldn't have it easier or harder due to having or missing these disks because of anything other than choice.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member

Speak for yourself, booming voice was the only reason I got max rewards last conquest. My geos weren't strong enough to survive long enough against hard SEE to get the assist count, but GL rey + booming voice totally was.

It's also stupidly good on Vader if you don't bring Piett, giving EVERY ABILITY USED during merciless a mass assist effect. (also, if devs are reading this: Can you guys look into changing it so Piett calling Vader to assist during merciless doesn't cancel merciless? tmk, this is only possible in galactic challenge and conquest, as it relies on vader calling piett to assist who then calls vader to assist. Because vader hits the same target twice, it immediately cancels merciless.)
    Also turned Lifeblood into a mass assist for GL Rey, which allows you to just kill everything via turtle strats.
    It also completely and utterly breaks BB8. Resistance lead (JTR, GL Rey, Finn, etc.) + BB8 and no other characters causes a near infinite chain of assists, because apparently booming voice activates off of being called to assist. Yeah. ...I actually don't know why it would sometimes break, as it should theoretically be a full infnite loop until the enemy dies with how it was working.

And no, don't remove the RNG.
    I don't want a conquest that's built around having a Padme team when I don't have one built, etc.
    The randomness is what makes the mode good, it's not my fault, the devs' fault, or anyone else's fault if you're bad at basic levels of theorycrafting and just want to be able to leech off of others' work. Without the RNG, all conquest boils down to is "Wait until the day 1 whales go through the entire mode on day 1, and then follow the specific path that gives you the most OP disk combo for the most invested team you have". It removes any and all actual skill or knowledge, because it's just "Ok here's how to allow a G10 vader team to get max rewards in hard mode".
    No one wants that.
    No one wants another copy-paste mode that's basically just "longer galactic challenge mode".
    The RNG is what makes the mode good, and feel different from every other event we have.
  • Speak for yourself, booming voice was the only reason I got max rewards last conquest. My geos weren't strong enough to survive long enough against hard SEE to get the assist count, but GL rey + booming voice totally was.
    That's good for you, to me it was completely useless since I got troopers and slkr which just eat SEE for breakfast, so yes it was completely useless to me, didn't use it once.
    And no, don't remove the RNG.
    I don't want a conquest that's built around having a Padme team when I don't have one built, etc.

So you are saying you will be happy to get rubbish disks after rubbish disk while ur friends and guild mates get the best disks and have much easier time?
    What I'm asking for is everyone getting the same disk options after they beat a boss, that means you get a choice of 3 purple card that is same for all the players.

Nah dude randomness makes the game broken, that's how I get an option of battling padme, or padme or padme on my 3 path, or how I get 3 of the same exact disk and game says choose one.
    The randomness is what makes the mode good, it's not my fault, the devs' fault, or anyone else's fault if you're bad at basic levels of theorycrafting and just want to be able to leech off of others' work.

Hah that's rich! It's not ur fault or devs fault for people being bad at theorycrafting, hahahaha, what does that have to do with people getting crap shoot of an rng when it comes to getting disks that is purely based on rng? Funny enough it is the devs fault.

Leech of other people? How dare you say crap like that?
    Without the RNG, all conquest boils down to is "Wait until the day 1 whales go through the entire mode on day 1, and then follow the specific path that gives you the most OP disk combo for the most invested team you have". It removes any and all actual skill or knowledge, because it's just "Ok here's how to allow a G10 vader team to get max rewards in hard mode".
    No one wants that.
    No one wants another copy-paste mode that's basically just "longer galactic challenge mode".
    The RNG is what makes the mode good, and feel different from every other event we have.

Again it seems like you don't understand what I was saying, no one is asking them to make it one battle for everyone, pay attention to the thread, what I'm saying is the purple disks should only be given to you after each boss and they would be the same for everyone, so we don't have scenario where I get dread and you get the option of choosing between bonus 5% speed or bonus 5% speed or bonus 5% speed, you see one of us is getting an unfair advantage 😉.

Yeah you don't need to be genius to understand that the meta teams are called meta because they beat everything, oh look ewoks with c3po, what should I use!!!!!! Oh wait anything works........ oh FO team with bonus dmg and protection!!! Omg 😲 what am I gonna do!!!!! Oh wait I I GAS at 60% stamina but it still kills them. OMG SEE with 100% more health and protection!!! Oh wait slkr just solo's it. You get the point yet?

It is just a longer galactic challenge at its current state and that is literally fine because people love to be able to use all of their toys in a battle like galactic challenge.

Again no, rng makes it bad, if my choice of getting 3 disk is the same exact disk no matter which one I choose, it's bad, if I got 3 path and all 3 paths have the same exact team for me to fight, then it is bad, if I get the no purple data disks while you get all of them, then no it is bad.

RNG is good, heck it's great, but too much RNG simply sucks
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    If they remove cooling disks... that would be a bummer

The way I see it, they would make it "Once per turn" or something like that, I mean, that would not stop Vader repeating MM every once in a while, but would stop a lot other teams
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I do
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • If you get bad luck on one conquest, you might get good luck on the next. Everyone faces the same rng and it will balance over time, same as shard drops.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    If you get bad luck on one conquest, you might get good luck on the next. Everyone faces the same rng and it will balance over time, same as shard drops.

If you get bad RNG when you open a loot box, just open another one so you may get better RNG.
    Yeah sure 10 out of 10 advice lol

If you don't win the lottery, play again you may win

If you are homeless just buy a home
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    If you get bad luck on one conquest, you might get good luck on the next. Everyone faces the same rng and it will balance over time, same as shard drops.

If you get bad RNG when you open a loot box, just open another one so you may get better RNG.

If you don't like rng, perhaps you shouldn't play a game that is basically all based on rng.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

If you don't like rng, perhaps you shouldn't play a game that is basically all based on rng.

Oh is that why everyone gets a different stat when they lvl up the same character? Is that why we all face the same boss in the raid? Is that why we all get the equal chance If getting shard? Is that why we all get the same exact weekly shipment? Is that why we all get the same reward when we beat the assault battles? Is that why we all get the same exact 3 starting characters when we make our account?

Or what you mean is some part of the game depend on rng, like most video games
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

Oh also telling people to stop playing the game is against the terms of service, can we get a mod to remove these useless comments?
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    TVF wrote: »

I do

Could you elaborate? Or link me if you already have elsewhere please
  • Is that why we all get the equal chance If getting shard?

We all have an equal chance of getting the data disks we want. Your guildmate gets good ones this time but won't get them every time and you won't get bad ones every time. If your guildmate consistently gets further than you, it's not just rng with the data disks, they either have better toons, better mods or better strategy than you. RNG with data disks will balance over time. Same as shards.

• Calagon
    80 posts Member
    57ouklgpzsmc.gif
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    chuckrambo wrote: »

I bet you're good at clichés.

You shouldn't bet - a fool and his money are soon parted

Don't compare what I get to others? Why not? why should some one have an easier time in a game mode vs someone else just because rng? Why should someone have to work twice as hard as someone else in the same exact game mode, competing for the same exact rewards and having the same exact teams?

Pointing out obvious flaws aren't the same thing as being super negative, if I didn't care for the game mode I wouldn't be here on this forum, like the 80% of player base that never come here.

Until CG ruins it...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Is that why we all get the equal chance If getting shard?

You really don't understand RNG.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Shadroth wrote: »

I do

Could you elaborate? Or link me if you already have elsewhere please

I've seen two people say they hate it. When the second person said it I responded "just you and {the first person} so far."
  • TVF wrote: »

So you are saying that CG alters the drop rate of shards based on individual players then
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

So you are saying that CG alters the drop rate of shards based on individual players then

Of course not. Doubling down on your lack of understanding what RNG is I see.