Conquest Difficulty

Ok, this dead horse of a topic is at the glue factory at this point, but screw it. Conquest needs an easy mode for lower level (1,000,000 GP max) players.

Replies

• That's called galactic war...
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Efranzblau wrote: »
    That's called galactic war...

While I used to believe this, GW doesn’t have data disks, consumables or different sectors. We want people to play and stay with the game, so having an easy mode to keep early players engaged is a win in my book. GW is very far from engaging and more of a slog until you hit those sweet 50 wins.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

While I used to believe this, GW doesn’t have data disks, consumables or different sectors. We want people to play and stay with the game, so having an easy mode to keep early players engaged is a win in my book. GW is very far from engaging and more of a slog until you hit those sweet 50 wins.
    There's a lot of other content which is still playable at low GP though. Things that we sim or auto and wish CG would just let us sim, low GP players actually have to work for.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

There's a lot of other content which is still playable at low GP though. Things that we sim or auto and wish CG would just let us sim, low GP players actually have to work for.

While I overall agree, an easy mode that caps out at like G12 with far less rewards would be fun for some people. Or cap at g13. Idk I wouldn’t mind them adding an easy mode where you fight a DR team at the end that’s G13 or something like that
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I think it also needs a harder mode or current hard to be adjusted upwards.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

What? How about no lol
    Do you want another CT3, LSGEOTB stuff right?

It's perfect at it is
  • It’s fine as is, just give us counters so we know if we have reduced 700% TM, evaded 100 times, etc.... while in the battle
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

What? How about no lol

It's perfect at it is

LS Geo is very doable now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

What? How about no lol

It's perfect at it is

You can always not participate if there's an upper difficulty. The rewards become meaningless when everyone you can possibly encounter in the game are also getting the same.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

What? How about no lol

It's perfect at it is

Certain data disks make the "hard mode" of conquest pretty trivial. Experienced/competetive players would be totally up for an "extreme mode" of conquest just as very new players would love to see a "very easy" one I guess.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    This. Hard mode is way too easy as it is. Basically most 4m+ accounts with 1-2 GLs should be able to easily complete it.

That does not exactly test one's roster depth, at least not when you consider the 6-9.5m GP players.

Arena and fleet meta are stale as they are, access rate of new content like RC should be gated to some degree, not just given as an almost freebie to anyone above 4m.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    This. Hard mode is way too easy as it is. Basically most 4m+ accounts with 1-2 GLs should be able to easily complete it.

That does not exactly test one's roster depth, at least not when you consider the 6-9.5m GP players.

Arena and fleet meta are stale as they are, access rate of new content like RC should be gated to some degree, not just given as an almost freebie to anyone above 4m.
    At 5.4m GP with 1 GL, I managed to beat the final boss, JMLS, barely and I managed to claim the top prize box, barely,.with just a few hours remaining and a number of refreshes earlier in the event. And I am a better than average player with a good understanding of the disks.

With a second GL or another half million GP, I might change my tune a bit but where my roster is at currently, I would not describe hard mode as "easy". Beatable, yes, but by no means easy.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

At 5.4m GP with 1 GL, I managed to beat the final boss, JMLS, barely and I managed to claim the top prize box, barely,.with just a few hours remaining and a number of refreshes earlier in the event. And I am a better than average player with a good understanding of the disks.

With a second GL or another half million GP, I might change my tune a bit but where my roster is at currently, I would not describe hard mode as "easy". Beatable, yes, but by no means easy.

Same dilemma as gac divisions. It's superbly fine that whereabouts of your roster barely makes it to max the current hard. That gives everyone building towards it a goal. The rest who are above aren't pushed like you did and already getting bored.

Same dilemma as gac divisions. It's superbly fine that whereabouts of your roster barely makes it to max the current hard. That gives everyone building towards it a goal. The rest who are above aren't pushed like you did and already getting bored.

if you're bored with SWGOH after an exhibition event maybe you just need a new game at this point.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

if you're bored with SWGOH after an exhibition event maybe you just need a new game at this point.

Or you can reread the sentence you are responding to.
  • Shadroth
    160 posts Member

What? How about no lol

It's perfect at it is

You can always not participate if there's an upper difficulty. The rewards become meaningless when everyone you can possibly encounter in the game are also getting the same.

Player choice and how they choose to spend those rewards counts for something though doesn’t it?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Shadroth wrote: »

What? How about no lol

It's perfect at it is

Player choice and how they choose to spend those rewards counts for something though doesn’t it?

Sure. That doesn't neutralise my point though. For example galactic challenges causes this spread of varying success.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

At just over 6m GP and 2 GLs I can say that hard mode wasn’t very hard.
    Took some time to max feats but not all that difficult.
    If you are at 7m GP and 4 GLs it must be borderline boring.

I would welcome a challenge/epic/whatever mode provided they don’t nerf rewards.
  • I have a 2nd acc with 1 GL and 4.3M GP, no refreshes and completed red box 2 days before the end. It was easy!
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    I hope you all are happy having to spend even more time playing. I know I won't be.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I hope you all are happy having to spend even more time playing. I know I won't be.

You don't have to.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

You don't have to.

If I want the rewards, I might have to, but you knew that.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

At just over 6m GP and 2 GLs I can say that hard mode wasn’t very hard.
    Took some time to max feats but not all that difficult.
    If you are at 7m GP and 4 GLs it must be borderline boring.
    Fair enough.
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    I would welcome a challenge/epic/whatever mode provided they don’t nerf rewards.
    Be careful what you wish for. They might actually give us another difficulty level... starting at r9! ;)

9h6kif7j5rcb.png