L3-37 For the Droids Zeta

Slaveen
481 posts Member
Not one of my prouder Zetas, but hey, I have her at R6 and I was trying out a Rey, L3, BB8, R2, 3P0 team in arena for a while so her Zeta made sense in that lineup... but it doesn't work... at least, from what I can tell.

Both in arena and in the Forest Moon assault battles, I've noticed that this Zeta does nothing. Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Not one of my prouder Zetas, but hey, I have her at R6 and I was trying out a Rey, L3, BB8, R2, 3P0 team in arena for a while so her Zeta made sense in that lineup... but it doesn't work... at least, from what I can tell.

Both in arena and in the Forest Moon assault battles, I've noticed that this Zeta does nothing. Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something?

2 things:

1. I just looked at my L3 and I have the zeta too, and have no idea why.

2. JTR droids is much better with T3. I used this during the JKR meta. Although Chewbacca was better as a 5th when he came out.

Perhaps chew3p0 will be even better?
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    I was actually using them with GL Rey
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Why though. GL Rey is garbage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I’ve always said she is the second best toon in the game... but a trash investment compared to SLKR. Arguably a trash investment compared to JKLS too.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Arguably a trash investment compared to JKLS too.

Now you're just being silly.
  • TVF wrote: »

Unrelated

(So is my comment but I don't have the zeta on L3)
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    Arguably a trash investment compared to JKLS too.

Now you're just being silly.

I mean, less toons to G13 with way lower relic requirements... one of whom counters Rey even at R3. Overall, much better toons to relic than Rey’s. Not to mention JKLS can beat both GLs.

Really only toons you’ll feel like you wasted resources on for JKLS are Lando, ROLO, and CHOLO.... btw, 2 of whom are easy cantina farms and 1 of whom most of us already have at or close to 7* due to the Hoth TB days. All good ships to farm.

Rey gear wasted: Rose, Res Pilot, Vet Chewy, Poe, Scavenger, RT (half of whom are not easy shard farms)
    Regular energy wasted on garbage ship farm: Rey’s ****
    Ship energy & ship building mats wasted: farming Res X-wing & Poe’s X-wing
  • I was thinking about adding L3’s Zeta to a GL Rey lead team that would include L3 and IG-11.

To the OP’s point - I’m wondering if L3’s Zeta (other droids equalize health with L3 1st time they are reduced to 1 Health), since GL Rey’s Wisdom of the Scared Texts provides damage immunity the 1st time characters are reduced to 50% Health, then restores 50% health after - I’m wondering if a droid gets a hit that would normally kill it, if that triggers BOTH L3’s Zeta and Rey’s Sacred Texts, essentially only triggering one (likely Rey’s) and making L3’s Zeta unnecessary under GL Rey (but useful in other situations)

Just a theory - I was planning on adding L3’s zeta but worried it gets nullified and found this post
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    Rey's ability doesn't activate if the character gets 1-shot from full health, only if they survive after dropping below 50%. I sometimes forget to swap mods back to JKR and he gets 1-shot by SLKR or JKL.

I'm... honestly wondering if it actually does exactly what it says it does, which makes it literally useless.
    The .gg description says it should be working as expected, where it prevents death, but... the actual description of the ability "the first time each other droid ally is reduced to 1% health", imho, makes it sound like it literally only applies if you're reduced naturally to 1% health without dying, which would be... really useless.
  • · Unique · Level 8
    For the Droids
    . The first time each other Droid ally is reduced to 1% Health, they equalize Health with L3-37.

· Unique · Level 8
    Savior

While another Jedi ally is active, Revan ignores Taunt.

The first time another Jedi ally would be reduced to 1% Health, if Revan is active, they recover 100% of their Max Health and Protection, gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns, take a Bonus Turn, dispel all debuffs on themself,

Similar ability but Revan's one says "would be reduced" , I think that means before or if they would die .
    L3 reads as if they might naturally need to be taken down to 1% health.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    It should work the same way as Savior: as your character "passes/hits" the 1% threshold it kicks in. You don't have to exactly hit 1%.

You could hit a character with 600k damage, and if Savior hasn't been triggered yet, it will restore them. That 600k for sure would have deleted them otherwise, not just simply "reduced" them to 1%.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    This would be fairly easy to test if anyone/someone has GL Rey and L3 zeta'd. Just try it on arena with 1 weak droid.
    Post edited by Nikoms565 on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I think Rey's bad investment potential has yet to be realized. It kind of depends on whether they drop more dark side heavy hitters in the future. As it stands, who could they bring in to synergize more with Rey?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I think Rey's bad investment potential has yet to be realized. It kind of depends on whether they drop more dark side heavy hitters in the future. As it stands, who could they bring in to synergize more with Rey?

Like jkl or jkr? Could be anyone I suppose
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Rey's biggest problem is she performs best with people that weren't required to gear up to unlock her.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Rey's biggest problem is she performs best with people that weren't required to gear up to unlock her.

In arena, sure. Works great in GAC and TB with Res.
  • Artumas wrote: »
    Rey's ability doesn't activate if the character gets 1-shot from full health, only if they survive after dropping below 50%. I sometimes forget to swap mods back to JKR and he gets 1-shot by SLKR or JKL.

I'm... honestly wondering if it actually does exactly what it says it does, which makes it literally useless.
    The .gg description says it should be working as expected, where it prevents death, but... the actual description of the ability "the first time each other droid ally is reduced to 1% health", imho, makes it sound like it literally only applies if you're reduced naturally to 1% health without dying, which would be... really useless.

appreciate the clarification - i always thought rey's ability was the first time a character goes below 50%, including if they are killed - i didn't realize they have to survive, thanks for that insight.
  • Artumas wrote: »

appreciate the clarification - i always thought rey's ability was the first time a character goes below 50%, including if they are killed - i didn't realize they have to survive, thanks for that insight.

I’ve seen battles where SLKR’s stun one shots both RHs against GL Rey.