Changes to conquest incoming...

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Is that why we all get the equal chance If getting shard?

You really don't understand RNG.

So you are saying that CG alters the drop rate of shards based on individual players then

Of course not. Doubling down on your lack of understanding what RNG is I see.

I see Doubling down ur pretentious ways.

The length of a character farm is roughly the same for all players, with 1 or 2 week difference between them.
    Now we got players who are getting 4 to 5 purple data disks and others who have gotten 0 purple data disks in 2 conquest in a row, this is equal to farming for a month and getting 0 shards every day.
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited April 2021

We all have an equal chance of getting the data disks we want. Your guildmate gets good ones this time but won't get them every time and you won't get bad ones every time. If your guildmate consistently gets further than you, it's not just rng with the data disks, they either have better toons, better mods or better strategy than you. RNG with data disks will balance over time. Same as shards.

It seems like my original reply to you was deleted.

I will shorten it down for you, there should be an equal playing field for all players, by making purple data disks only appear at the end of each boss fight and be the same reward for all players, just like how the boss is the same for all players.

So just going over it for you one more time, the disks u get while playing the game are still completely random, the enemies you face are still completely random, what is changing is we won't have a player who gets 2 dread disks, 1 booming voice and 1 dangerous momentum (or whatever it was called) while tons of other people get 1 purple disk or 0. The purple disks will only be given to you after you beat the boss and there will be 3 and you get to choose one
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member

We all have an equal chance of getting the data disks we want. Your guildmate gets good ones this time but won't get them every time and you won't get bad ones every time. If your guildmate consistently gets further than you, it's not just rng with the data disks, they either have better toons, better mods or better strategy than you. RNG with data disks will balance over time. Same as shards.

I will shorten it down for you, there should be an equal playing field for all players, by making purple data disks only appear at the end of each boss fight and be the same reward for all players, just like how the boss is the same for all players.

So just going over it for you one more time, the disks u get while playing the game are still completely random, the enemies you face are still completely random, what is changing is we won't have a player who gets 2 dread disks, 1 booming voice and 1 dangerous momentum (or whatever it was called) while tons of other people get 1 purple disk or 0. The purple disks will only be given to you after you beat the boss and there will be 3 and you get to choose one

I only have 4.5mil gp and I never got a single purple disk and finished hard with little difficulty, can’t imagine how easy it was for people with 8+ mil gp. If you need a purple disk to finish hard, perhaps they didn’t design hard for you. The guessing game around boss feats was much more annoying than not having a purple disk.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

I only have 4.5mil gp and I never got a single purple disk and finished hard with little difficulty, can’t imagine how easy it was for people with 8+ mil gp. If you need a purple disk to finish hard, perhaps they didn’t design hard for you. The guessing game around boss feats was much more annoying than not having a purple disk.

Here let me even make it easier, a disk can make your gear 11 imperial troopers beat forst moon chllange tier 3, while because another person didn't get that data disk he needs relic 5 troopers to do the same thing.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member

Here let me even make it easier, a disk can make your gear 11 imperial troopers beat forst moon chllange tier 3, while because another person didn't get that data disk he needs relic 5 troopers to do the same thing.

I think your missing the point, assault battles and conquest are different modes. You don’t get data disks in assault battles.

But on topic, purple disks are a crutch to a poor roster. Did you need a purple disk? @Itsa_me_Malario
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »

I think your missing the point, assault battles and conquest are different modes. You don’t get data disks in assault battles.

But on topic, purple disks are a crutch to a poor roster. Did you need a purple disk? @Itsa_me_Malario

Don't bother asking, none of their answers are believable without a gg link.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Damodamo wrote: »

Assault battles and conquest are different yes, but the end of the day you have to beat the same exact boss, and do the same exact feat and you get the same exact reward as everyone else, so again why should someone have an easier time over another person? Why should some one be able to use toons that are under geared but now can be menace because they got a disk that allows them to be punch way above their pay. One player should not get a advantage over another when it comes into a game mechanic, it has always being about mods and character farm not RNG

I didn't need it no, all the massively overpowered did was not allow me to get my feats so I removed it.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    chuckrambo wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    The following Conquests will likely feature the introduction and removal of a few data disk sets, different bosses, and a change in the rewards.

Mark my words, they will remove the cool down data disk, and reduce the rewards we get, because hey we can't have fun now can we

I bet you're fun at parties

I bet you're good at clichés.

You shouldn't bet - a fool and his money are soon parted

You should take your own advice then.
  • It sounds to me like @Itsa_me_Malario really has some deep issues with CG. Do you realize that this game has thousands of players and not all of them will like everything and not everyone gets everything the same. If you go at your own pace and stop comparing what others get or don’t get compared to you, you will have more fun. Just remember that not everything is designed for everyone to beat day one, week one, month one or year one. Just some thoughts. Don’t take offense to this please. I’m really just trying to help.
  • It sounds to me like @Itsa_me_Malario really has some deep issues with CG. Do you realize that this game has thousands of players and not all of them will like everything and not everyone gets everything the same. If you go at your own pace and stop comparing what others get or don’t get compared to you, you will have more fun. Just remember that not everything is designed for everyone to beat day one, week one, month one or year one. Just some thoughts. Don’t take offense to this please. I’m really just trying to help.
    He might reply when his ban expires. Or with one of his forum alts.
  • i stopped taking him seriously when he said Booming Voice was terrible. That was a really fun disk.
  • chuckrambo wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    The following Conquests will likely feature the introduction and removal of a few data disk sets, different bosses, and a change in the rewards.

Mark my words, they will remove the cool down data disk, and reduce the rewards we get, because hey we can't have fun now can we

I bet you're fun at parties

I bet you're good at clichés.

You shouldn't bet - a fool and his money are soon parted

Who’s more foolish, the fool or the fool who posts on CG Forums?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I hope the cooldown disc is changed to purple, or probably just removed outright. It's overpowered. Naturally I used it for every match in both Conquests, that's how I know.

The problem is that if it's removed, all the remaining discs are kind of generic and boring. Generic and boring doesn't mean bad by any means, but it's hard to get excited about "Your characters have more offense" because, sure, bigger numbers are neat and all, but cooldown reduction fundamentally alters how characters work on a core level. That was rad as hell. So hopefully they introduce new discs that can alter how characters are played to make up for what is, admittedly, just plain busted.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Wait, you mean you guys haven't muted him already? You should. It's great.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Drathuk916
    624 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    The difficulty level seems appropriate to me and I hope they don’t make it anymore difficult. The gate to max rewards appears to be 1 gl and a 5 million gp roster. I’m sure it can be done with no gl and certainly with less gp but given the rewards this seems to be the right point. Yes you’ll end up with a 7* rc in six months (buying shards) or seven months (not buying). You’ll get 6 or 6.5 r8s a year (they’ve phrased it as once a month and two weeks on and off so it isn’t clear whether normal cadence is 12 or 13 conquests a year). The rest is a much needed boost to the gear crunch we all face.

Regardless, this isn’t a game breaking amount of rewards and rc is on a mostly normal cycle of introduction to 7*. As for data discs and nerfing jkl in this mode, sure tweaks are expected but I hope we never get to the point that data disc manipulation is needed for max reward for more than a small fraction of players who are lower on the power curve.

For jkl specifically, I’m against “fixing” his interaction with stamina. It’s how his character was designed and quite frankly doesn’t overpower him as using him at 140-240 speed or at 50 speed doesn’t really change the outcome when he’s lead. The fight is basically over once he slows them. But what’s next? Do we nerf rey’s damage mitigation within conquest because that overpowers her?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    For jkl specifically, I’m against “fixing” his interaction with stamina. It’s how his character was designed and quite frankly doesn’t overpower him as using him at 140-240 speed or at 50 speed doesn’t really change the outcome when he’s lead. The fight is basically over once he slows them. But what’s next? Do we nerf rey’s damage mitigation within conquest because that overpowers her?

I believe the point is that JKL lead improves the lower his stamina (much easier to do it with 1 toons or a D team at 50 vs 140). This is fundamentally opposite to the design of stamina. its not that he "overpowers" anything, and no other toon (currently) has this issue, so there is no real correlation between the JKL situation and any other toon/kit.

• I believe the point is that JKL lead improves the lower his stamina (much easier to do it with 1 toons or a D team at 50 vs 140). This is fundamentally opposite to the design of stamina. its not that he "overpowers" anything, and no other toon (currently) has this issue, so there is no real correlation between the JKL situation and any other toon/kit.

That’s my point though, he was designed to improve his detrimental effect on his opponent the slower you made him. Yes, he’s the only character that actually benefits in some way from losing stamina but the rest of his stats are still lower. This isn’t an unintended interaction but instead the function of his kit design. To make jkl a special case and, I assume, make his speed unaffected by stamina loss is saying something is broken when it’s working as intended.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    Drathuk916 wrote: »

I believe the point is that JKL lead improves the lower his stamina (much easier to do it with 1 toons or a D team at 50 vs 140). This is fundamentally opposite to the design of stamina. its not that he "overpowers" anything, and no other toon (currently) has this issue, so there is no real correlation between the JKL situation and any other toon/kit.

That’s my point though, he was designed to improve his detrimental effect on his opponent the slower you made him. Yes, he’s the only character that actually benefits in some way from losing stamina but the rest of his stats are still lower. This isn’t an unintended interaction but instead the function of his kit design. To make jkl a special case and, I assume, make his speed unaffected by stamina loss is saying something is broken when it’s working as intended.

Yes it is an unintended interaction, that is why this is being addressed. He has a base speed, that was intended to be the lower limit that his kit would reach.

no, it is an unintended interaction and is not WAI.

EDIT for clarity:

what you are saying is true - he is intended to reduce an opponents speed to his base speed. this is intended.

the unintended interaction is with stamina now lowering what was that lower limit - this is an unintended interaction.

they are not lumped together, they are independent interactions one is WAI the other is not.

I got the red box exactly on Mar 22nd 9:02 am PST.

You guys really don't get the problem here, you can't give an unfair advantage to someone when everyone is competing for the same thing 🤷, it's like saying here do the 100 meter dash but 2nd guy and the 6th guy get to take performance enhancing drugs.

In the following game modes the thing that determines how much of an easy time you are going to have is, having the right teams, the right gear lvls, and the right mods.

TW, TB, GAC, galactic conquest, and assault battles.

Conquest, now RNG determines if you are going to be having an easier time, we can have a gear 12 character actually perform better than a relic 7 character because one person got the right rng and the other didn't. This shouldn't happen imo.

You guys really don't get the problem here, you can't give an unfair advantage to someone when everyone is competing for the same thing 🤷, it's like saying here do the 100 meter dash but 2nd guy and the 6th guy get to take performance enhancing drugs.

In the following game modes the thing that determines how much of an easy time you are going to have is, having the right teams, the right gear lvls, and the right mods.

Conquest, now RNG determines if you are going to be having an easier time, we can have a gear 12 character actually perform better than a relic 7 character because one person got the right rng and the other didn't. This shouldn't happen imo.

I've had my ships miss 3 times in a row vs. Anakins fighter, I think we should abolish rng so that everybody misses exactly once every 50th attempt, much fairer to everyone.
    Also, I think we need to fix the rng on which toons the AI target in assault battles and when you crit. Sometimes I can run through and other times I need to actually take some time, RNG plays much to big a role.

/sarcasm
  • Morgoth01 wrote: »
    It sounds to me like @Itsa_me_Malario really has some deep issues with CG. Do you realize that this game has thousands of players and not all of them will like everything and not everyone gets everything the same. If you go at your own pace and stop comparing what others get or don’t get compared to you, you will have more fun. Just remember that not everything is designed for everyone to beat day one, week one, month one or year one. Just some thoughts. Don’t take offense to this please. I’m really just trying to help.

I've had my ships miss 3 times in a row vs. Anakins fighter, I think we should abolish rng so that everybody misses exactly once every 50th attempt, much fairer to everyone.
    Also, I think we need to fix the rng on which toons the AI target in assault battles and when you crit. Sometimes I can run through and other times I need to actually take some time, RNG plays much to big a role.

/sarcasm

Harhar, your ship missing 3 times vs your ship getting the ability to cause fear and plague on the enemy ships each time it takes a turn isn't the same thing now is it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It sounds to me like @Itsa_me_Malario really has some deep issues with CG. Do you realize that this game has thousands of players and not all of them will like everything and not everyone gets everything the same. If you go at your own pace and stop comparing what others get or don’t get compared to you, you will have more fun. Just remember that not everything is designed for everyone to beat day one, week one, month one or year one. Just some thoughts. Don’t take offense to this please. I’m really just trying to help.

The funny part is, we are not competing for the same thing in that sense. No matter what i do I cannot stop you or take away the top prize from you. We also do not really compete against the same match, as the teams are already different, and there are other RNG factors that are in play, the only thing that is guaranteed to be the same for each player is the boss nodes.

just due to RNG in matches and in teams placed, some players will have an easier time, this factor is no different than those.

all of those factors also determine how easy of a time you will have here. I think you may be over exaggerating the ease provided by the discs, and maybe underestimating the effectiveness a few combos equal to that of a purple disc.
  • The funny part is, we are not competing for the same thing in that sense. No matter what i do I cannot stop you or take away the top prize from you. We also do not really compete against the same match, as the teams are already different, and there are other RNG factors that are in play, the only thing that is guaranteed to be the same for each player is the boss nodes.
    That is simply wrong, the reward per node, the Jawa's that sell the RC shards, the rewards in each loot box is the same for everyone, so in a sense we are all competing for the same thing, the red box.
    just due to RNG in matches and in teams placed, some players will have an easier time, this factor is no different than those.
    That's fine no one has anything against it.
    all of those factors also determine how easy of a time you will have here. I think you may be over exaggerating the ease provided by the discs, and maybe underestimating the effectiveness a few combos equal to that of a purple disc.
    Yes I was using 2 disks that were giving tons of speed, health and (I think) offense to the leader, and I ran it with cls and chewpio, it was hilarious. Heck my slkr was hitting like semi truck right at the start of the match. I also had the cool down disk which turn my Vader to a monster, but you can not sit here with a straight face and tell me how massively overpowered, dread, booming voice (imo is hot garbage but others disagree) and deadly momentum isn't more powerful some of the combos that we had. Dread is literally the only reason why some people managed to beat the conquest.

To me it makes 0 difference, if I get 0 disks or 10 of the best disks out there, I can still beat any team that is in conquest, but other people can't say the same. You can't have a mode where depending on luck you can either sleep through it, or have to try 5x harder then others. We all are fighting the same boss at the end of each sector, so I don't see why everyone shouldn't be given the same 3 options of the disks
  • Yes I was using 2 disks that were giving tons of speed, health and (I think) offense to the leader, and I ran it with cls and chewpio, it was hilarious. Heck my slkr was hitting like semi truck right at the start of the match. I also had the cool down disk which turn my Vader to a monster, but you can not sit here with a straight face and tell me how massively overpowered, dread, booming voice (imo is hot garbage but others disagree) and deadly momentum isn't more powerful some of the combos that we had. Dread is literally the only reason why some people managed to beat the conquest.

To me it makes 0 difference, if I get 0 disks or 10 of the best disks out there, I can still beat any team that is in conquest, but other people can't say the same. You can't have a mode where depending on luck you can either sleep through it, or have to try 5x harder then others. We all are fighting the same boss at the end of each sector, so I don't see why everyone shouldn't be given the same 3 options of the disks

So now you want to punish players that are weaker than you for using strategy to win rather than brute forcing it like you do? That's harsh.
  • Yes I was using 2 disks that were giving tons of speed, health and (I think) offense to the leader, and I ran it with cls and chewpio, it was hilarious. Heck my slkr was hitting like semi truck right at the start of the match. I also had the cool down disk which turn my Vader to a monster, but you can not sit here with a straight face and tell me how massively overpowered, dread, booming voice (imo is hot garbage but others disagree) and deadly momentum isn't more powerful some of the combos that we had. Dread is literally the only reason why some people managed to beat the conquest.

So now you want to punish players that are weaker than you for using strategy to win rather than brute forcing it like you do? That's harsh.

What are you talking about? Did you even read this???????????? Brute forcing? Bro you can't even come close to my tactics, I'm the only slkr in my shard that can beat every single JML team and take first place, 😤

Who is punishing who? I'm the one asking for all players to be given the same option of purple data disks after they beat a boss so one doesn't get an unfair advantage and YOU guys are the one saying no its fine and they should leave it as is and it's not big deal since it will balance itself out
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Yes I was using 2 disks that were giving tons of speed, health and (I think) offense to the leader, and I ran it with cls and chewpio, it was hilarious. Heck my slkr was hitting like semi truck right at the start of the match. I also had the cool down disk which turn my Vader to a monster, but you can not sit here with a straight face and tell me how massively overpowered, dread, booming voice (imo is hot garbage but others disagree) and deadly momentum isn't more powerful some of the combos that we had. Dread is literally the only reason why some people managed to beat the conquest.

What are you talking about? Did you even read this???????????? Brute forcing? Bro you can't even come close to my tactics, I'm the only slkr in my shard that can beat every single JML team and take first place, 😤

Not true without a valid gg link.

Man you are truly opposed with my gg link, it won't happen, quit harassing me about it

Man you are truly opposed with my gg link, it won't happen, quit harassing me about it
    Quit posting blow-hard claims that can’t be verified, then.

Quit posting blow-hard claims that can’t be verified, then.

Quit derailing conversations and stay on topic then
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It's not harassment, you keep bringing up your supposed prowess and refuse to back it up with actual proof.