Changes to conquest incoming...

13Next

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Yes I was using 2 disks that were giving tons of speed, health and (I think) offense to the leader, and I ran it with cls and chewpio, it was hilarious. Heck my slkr was hitting like semi truck right at the start of the match. I also had the cool down disk which turn my Vader to a monster, but you can not sit here with a straight face and tell me how massively overpowered, dread, booming voice (imo is hot garbage but others disagree) and deadly momentum isn't more powerful some of the combos that we had. Dread is literally the only reason why some people managed to beat the conquest.

To me it makes 0 difference, if I get 0 disks or 10 of the best disks out there, I can still beat any team that is in conquest, but other people can't say the same. You can't have a mode where depending on luck you can either sleep through it, or have to try 5x harder then others. We all are fighting the same boss at the end of each sector, so I don't see why everyone shouldn't be given the same 3 options of the disks

So now you want to punish players that are weaker than you for using strategy to win rather than brute forcing it like you do? That's harsh.

What are you talking about? Did you even read this???????????? Brute forcing? Bro you can't even come close to my tactics, I'm the only slkr in my shard that can beat every single JML team and take first place, 😤

Not true without a valid gg link.

Man you are truly opposed with my gg link, it won't happen, quit harassing me about it

It's not harassment, you keep bringing up your supposed prowess and refuse to back it up with actual proof.

Nah I got the proof, I show u the pics, yet you don't belive it, you want my user name and player ID, that will never happen
  • I'm the only slkr in my shard that can beat every single JML team and take first place, 😤
    Quit derailing conversations and stay on topic then
    I will if you will.
  • Yes I was using 2 disks that were giving tons of speed, health and (I think) offense to the leader, and I ran it with cls and chewpio, it was hilarious. Heck my slkr was hitting like semi truck right at the start of the match. I also had the cool down disk which turn my Vader to a monster, but you can not sit here with a straight face and tell me how massively overpowered, dread, booming voice (imo is hot garbage but others disagree) and deadly momentum isn't more powerful some of the combos that we had. Dread is literally the only reason why some people managed to beat the conquest.

To me it makes 0 difference, if I get 0 disks or 10 of the best disks out there, I can still beat any team that is in conquest, but other people can't say the same. You can't have a mode where depending on luck you can either sleep through it, or have to try 5x harder then others. We all are fighting the same boss at the end of each sector, so I don't see why everyone shouldn't be given the same 3 options of the disks

So now you want to punish players that are weaker than you for using strategy to win rather than brute forcing it like you do? That's harsh.
    Brute forcing? Bro you can't even come close to my tactics, I'm the only slkr in my shard that can beat every single JML team and take first place, 😤
    @DarjeloSalas
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    What does that have to do with conquest?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

He claims I'm just brute forcing my way though everything, and I'm pointing out if all I did was brute forcing my through the game I would never be able to beat JML with slkr
  • The funny part is, we are not competing for the same thing in that sense. No matter what i do I cannot stop you or take away the top prize from you. We also do not really compete against the same match, as the teams are already different, and there are other RNG factors that are in play, the only thing that is guaranteed to be the same for each player is the boss nodes.
    That is simply wrong, the reward per node, the Jawa's that sell the RC shards, the rewards in each loot box is the same for everyone, so in a sense we are all competing for the same thing, the red box.
    just due to RNG in matches and in teams placed, some players will have an easier time, this factor is no different than those.
    That's fine no one has anything against it.
    all of those factors also determine how easy of a time you will have here. I think you may be over exaggerating the ease provided by the discs, and maybe underestimating the effectiveness a few combos equal to that of a purple disc.
    Yes I was using 2 disks that were giving tons of speed, health and (I think) offense to the leader, and I ran it with cls and chewpio, it was hilarious. Heck my slkr was hitting like semi truck right at the start of the match. I also had the cool down disk which turn my Vader to a monster, but you can not sit here with a straight face and tell me how massively overpowered, dread, booming voice (imo is hot garbage but others disagree) and deadly momentum isn't more powerful some of the combos that we had. Dread is literally the only reason why some people managed to beat the conquest.

@InyakSolomon88 please point out where I said I want people with less GP then me punished
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

He claims I'm just brute forcing my way though everything, and I'm pointing out if all I did was brute forcing my through the game I would never be able to beat JML with slkr

Tactics in arena /= tactics in conquest

Irrelvant
  • Yes I was using 2 disks that were giving tons of speed, health and (I think) offense to the leader, and I ran it with cls and chewpio, it was hilarious. Heck my slkr was hitting like semi truck right at the start of the match. I also had the cool down disk which turn my Vader to a monster, but you can not sit here with a straight face and tell me how massively overpowered, dread, booming voice (imo is hot garbage but others disagree) and deadly momentum isn't more powerful some of the combos that we had. Dread is literally the only reason why some people managed to beat the conquest.

Brute forcing? Bro you can't even come close to my tactics, I'm the only slkr in my shard that can beat every single JML team and take first place, 😤
    @DarjeloSalas
    All this quote does is prove my point. You come on here (when you’re not banned) full of braggadocious claims about how brilliant you are at the game but you refuse to be open and honest.

For what it’s worth, on this occasion I am inclined to agree with your idea that purple discs should be available in a guaranteed location(s) for all players.

But, the longer you continue to pass yourself off as someone whose advice should be followed but mask your in game identity, the less credible you become.

@DarjeloSalas
    All this quote does is prove my point. You come on here (when you’re not banned) full of braggadocious claims about how brilliant you are at the game but you refuse to be open and honest.

I can show you my mods, my roster, my placement in my shard, but I won't give you my player ID or GG account, I like my privacy in game.
    For what it’s worth, on this occasion I am inclined to agree with your idea that purple discs should be available in a guaranteed location(s) for all players.

This is exactly my point, we may all not like each other but sometimes we all have to agree on the same things, heck I hate it but even I have to agree with TVF some times on some things.

But, the longer you continue to pass yourself off as someone whose advice should be followed but mask your in game identity, the less credible you become

Me not showing who I'm in game shouldn't have an effect on what I say on certain topics, and if anyone just gonna disagree with me on everything just because I didn't show them my GG account, well I got nothing to say to them.
    No one should take anyone's advice as is and should look into the matter themselves and come to their own conclusions
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2021
    The funny part is, we are not competing for the same thing in that sense. No matter what i do I cannot stop you or take away the top prize from you. We also do not really compete against the same match, as the teams are already different, and there are other RNG factors that are in play, the only thing that is guaranteed to be the same for each player is the boss nodes.
    That is simply wrong, the reward per node, the Jawa's that sell the RC shards, the rewards in each loot box is the same for everyone, so in a sense we are all competing for the same thing, the red box.

No we are not competing for the same thing, we are playing for ourselves for equivalent rewards.

But how I do in the event and how i do it, in no way has any impact on you. None.

It's a good thing we dont have that, unless you can show your work?

I dont see why we cant either, but I also dont think that is needed. I think some mild changes but still some RNG helps keep the game mode "fresh" and a little different each time.

Edit to expand a little:
    If your concern is around the difficulty players feel, then you should want it to be much harder, as players at 4M have a much harder time (5x or more) than a player at 6,7 or 8M.

But if you took 2 players in the same range 6M(any number really) with a reasonable +/-, the discs they get will have less to do with the difficulty they see than the choices they made with thier roster. (This is why I say I dont think they are needed.)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    The funny part is, we are not competing for the same thing in that sense. No matter what i do I cannot stop you or take away the top prize from you. We also do not really compete against the same match, as the teams are already different, and there are other RNG factors that are in play, the only thing that is guaranteed to be the same for each player is the boss nodes.

No we are not competing for the same thing, we are playing for ourselves for equivalent rewards.

But how I do in the event and how i do it, in no way has any impact on you. None.

It's a good thing we dont have that, unless you can show your work?

I dont see why we cant either, but I also dont think that is needed. I think some mild changes but still some RNG helps keep the game mode "fresh" and a little different each time.

Yes it doesn't impact me if you complete conquest or you don't, it only has an impact on you and ur arena, since you know RC is gonna be a requirement for the next GL.(you call it speculation, I call it fact)

Yeah we have, it's called dread, if RNG smiles up on you and you get it, try it, its hell of a disk.

There is nothing fresh about beating 5 relic geo teams, there isn't anything fresh about beating a padme team or a BH team, I face them every week in TW and gac, unless they have added unique enemies to the conquest and I never got to face them because of rng.

You can keep the rng in making the game mode "fresh" keep the enemies random, keep the disks random, except the purple ones so no one gets an unfair advantage and give them out only after each boss
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

@DarjeloSalas

I can show you my mods, my roster, my placement in my shard, but I won't give you my player ID or GG account, I like my privacy in game.

This is exactly my point, we may all not like each other but sometimes we all have to agree on the same things, heck I hate it but even I have to agree with TVF some times on some things.

But, the longer you continue to pass yourself off as someone whose advice should be followed but mask your in game identity, the less credible you become

Me not showing who I'm in game shouldn't have an effect on what I say on certain topics, and if anyone just gonna disagree with me on everything just because I didn't show them my GG account, well I got nothing to say to them.
    No one should take anyone's advice as is and should look into the matter themselves and come to their own conclusions

I don't think we would be thrilled to see a 9k offense and +100 speed SLKR and a +130 speed DR 🤣
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • ka4cuk10qeak.jpg
    47a7nc2hk4vn.jpg
    pbtuvhv4ohkd.jpg

@Legend91 how about them apples?
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    I wonder whose apples those are and what they have to do with conquest changes.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

Idk ask Legend 🤷
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Someone else's and nothing.

• Who is punishing who? I'm the one asking for all players to be given the same option of purple data disks after they beat a boss so one doesn't get an unfair advantage and YOU guys are the one saying no its fine and they should leave it as is and it's not big deal since it will balance itself out

Where did any of us say that? Frankly I've already said the spread of purples needs to be fairer. I know ppl who got 0 or 1 and others who got 4. However even the people who had 0 could still clear it so not having it isn't really impacting them bc alot of the "lower tier" disks are just as helpful if not moreso. However if we all get the same disk choices on the map, that eliminates the personal experience of each conquest. You just need to watch a youtuber, see which route they take and which disks they find on it, and follow them for the exact same disks. That doesn't reward anyone's strategy skills.
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    The difficulty level seems appropriate to me and I hope they don’t make it anymore difficult. The gate to max rewards appears to be 1 gl and a 5 million gp roster. I’m sure it can be done with no gl and certainly with less gp but given the rewards this seems to be the right point.

For the record, I pulled max rewards starting GC being forced to bloat/push my GP up TO 4M (Didn't qualify before), no GL, and I still managed to get Max rewards (I had around 4.1M by the time I was done).

For the record, I have JKL and was /NOT/ abusing the Stamina-interaction (didn't even know it existed until I got max rewards, and have been using him with high-speed mods, tbh).

So the gate for the max reward crate is - as far as I'm concerned - quite literally the minimum requirements for entry.

• It sounds to me like @Itsa_me_Malario really has some deep issues with CG. Do you realize that this game has thousands of players and not all of them will like everything and not everyone gets everything the same. If you go at your own pace and stop comparing what others get or don’t get compared to you, you will have more fun. Just remember that not everything is designed for everyone to beat day one, week one, month one or year one. Just some thoughts. Don’t take offense to this please. I’m really just trying to help.

I got the red box exactly on Mar 22nd 9:02 am PST.

You guys really don't get the problem here, you can't give an unfair advantage to someone when everyone is competing for the same thing 🤷, it's like saying here do the 100 meter dash but 2nd guy and the 6th guy get to take performance enhancing drugs.

In the following game modes the thing that determines how much of an easy time you are going to have is, having the right teams, the right gear lvls, and the right mods.

TW, TB, GAC, galactic conquest, and assault battles.

Conquest, now RNG determines if you are going to be having an easier time, we can have a gear 12 character actually perform better than a relic 7 character because one person got the right rng and the other didn't. This shouldn't happen imo.

One, I’m glad I his is just your opinion, because I think if it was designed like this it would be boring.

Two, you still aren’t getting my point, stop looking at what other people get. Do you get the same exact drop rates, shipment refreshes, TB/TW/Raid reward crates as everyone else? No, so we all get different things.

Three, Geo TB does have variations to the waves you face. So it’s not all the same.

Four, many people are tired of the same assault battle style events. The cool thing about conquest is that it changes every time and is different for everyone.

I understand you won’t understand these points because you seem to be a little bit unreasonable. But I am glad CG runs things and not the fans. Thank you, have a great one. I’m out of this conversation.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    Conquest if pretty much fine as is. I never got a single purple disk, I didn't get max rewards and beat node except the last one in Sector 5. Other than a few minor tweaks here and there I think this is one of the better game modes they have introduced in a long time.
  • I understand that you don't read anything before you comment, the argument is everyone should be given the option of the same purple disks after they beat the boss(since we all beat the same exact boss, why should one get a better reward then another), no one is saying ChAnGe EvErYtHiNg MaKe AlL tHe DiSk'S sAmE fOr EvErYoNe, AnD mAkE aLl ThE eNeMiEs ThE sAmE.

Read what it says

• Who is punishing who? I'm the one asking for all players to be given the same option of purple data disks after they beat a boss so one doesn't get an unfair advantage and YOU guys are the one saying no its fine and they should leave it as is and it's not big deal since it will balance itself out

Where did any of us say that? Frankly I've already said the spread of purples needs to be fairer. I know ppl who got 0 or 1 and others who got 4. However even the people who had 0 could still clear it so not having it isn't really impacting them bc alot of the "lower tier" disks are just as helpful if not moreso. However if we all get the same disk choices on the map, that eliminates the personal experience of each conquest. You just need to watch a youtuber, see which route they take and which disks they find on it, and follow them for the exact same disks. That doesn't reward anyone's strategy skills.

You just said that
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I understand that you don't read anything before you comment, the argument is everyone should be given the option of the same purple disks after they beat the boss(since we all beat the same exact boss, why should one get a better reward then another),...

purple discs are not limited to those locations, and its not necessary for everyone to get the same "rewards". They are looking at changes to how the discs are placed, but this idea is not really necessary to the game mode.
    I understand that you don't read anything before you comment, the argument is everyone should be given the option of the same purple disks after they beat the boss(since we all beat the same exact boss, why should one get a better reward then another),...

purple discs are not limited to those locations, and its not necessary for everyone to get the same "rewards".

67bna17bm8dy.gif
    It seems like I'm wasting my time here good bye

purple discs are not limited to those locations, and its not necessary for everyone to get the same "rewards".

It seems like I'm wasting everyone else's time here good bye

fify