Difficulty increase between tiers 4 & 5 are a lot

ahen
4 posts Member
These challenges are often not very rewarding for the effort involved. The feats themselves aren't that exciting and often prove to be frustrating so I don't spend much time on them. The biggest frustration is that between tiers 4 & 5 the difficulty jumps considerably. I've had a team that breezes through tier 4 taking little to no damage, yet can't even get an attack in on tier 5, even when switching to my best teams just to at least get the win.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is kind of the point of the progressive system incorporated into GCs, they drive a wider roster to account for all the factions, and investment to get them "on farm" at the max level. it is possible you are in the mid level of development and just need to pick an area and focus on that.
  • ahen
    4 posts Member
    Yeah the progression makes sense. My point though is that I've got high level teams that breeze through tier 4 and are quickly defeated on tier 5. It seems like I should be challenged at tier 5 with that team, but not defeated without a turn. It seems to lack meaningful progression and takes a sharp turn into extreme difficulty.
  • ahen
    4 posts Member
    An example: My 142k gp BH team can easily take out a tier 4, but when they hit tier 5 they hit a wall and if I'm lucky I get one or two attacks in before I'm taken out.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The real goal in that game mode is the feats, many can be done by (and should be done by) other teams not specified for that GC. Due to modifiers some teams just do not fair as well as others do when you increase the opponent level.

This has been brought up before, but generally speaking this seems to be intended. There is a goal to have certain amounts of key cards locked behind roster development.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    ahen wrote: »
    An example: My 142k gp BH team can easily take out a tier 4, but when they hit tier 5 they hit a wall and if I'm lucky I get one or two attacks in before I'm taken out.

Your arena team isn't going to be able to beat everyone, especially when it's a BH team like yours.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

If you had built your jedi team instead you would have been able to get the highest reward crate in the current GC - even without any relic upgrades at all. It's not a question of gear/relic levels. It's a question of different mechanics of different teams and different GCs.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member

The speeds in this GC weren’t that high, if you could only get 1 or 2 attacks in you need to work on mods.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I asked again, and recieved a follow up, they have seen in the data, that there is a bump there and they are discussing this.