UNIT - Fixed an issue that caused Vulture Droid to assist at the wrong time.

Samurhaj
40 posts Member
edited April 2021
This is said in last update. ive noticed a difference but dont know what exactly does it mean. Anybody ?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    its an order of operations thing in the sequencer of the match/abilities. Some mass attacks happen "at the same time" as the ability is used (this can be seen when all assists happen even if a toon dies). Other assists happen after the primary attack (this is seen when a toon dies and no assist is triggered).

They were changed to the latter. At least from my understanding.
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Yeah, resulting in a nerf to the malevolence fleet.
    I don't know if it was necessary because the separatists were weak on defence anyway.
    But it is what it is, seems they only want negotiator to be meta.
    Not a diverse fleet arena
  • Well, we've witnessed not all vulture droids assisting in matchups in TW when attacking an enemy with buzz droids.
  • Well, we've witnessed not all vulture droids assisting in matchups in TW when attacking an enemy with buzz droids.

Bear in mind that summoned Vultures don’t automatically assist on buzz droids targets, it has always been a percentage chance.
  • Ruprecht wrote: »
    Yeah, resulting in a nerf to the malevolence fleet.
    I don't know if it was necessary because the separatists were weak on defence anyway.
    But it is what it is, seems they only want negotiator to be meta.
    Not a diverse fleet arena

Is the NERF noticable to you? It looked weird but I think my fights went similiar as before update
  • Ruprecht
    111 posts Member
    Yeah they do less damage now.
  • It shouldn’t be a huge impact. It is a very small nerf to Malevolence since this prevents vultures from assisting if the first attack kills the target, robbing those vultures of a stack of Overcharge. I don’t see that affecting the outcome of many battles.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ruprecht wrote: »

how so
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

how so

They are not assisting after the target is already dead so they are not gaining as many stacks of overcharge.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Lor_San_Teka
    558 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Well, we've witnessed not all vulture droids assisting in matchups in TW when attacking an enemy with buzz droids.

Bear in mind that summoned Vultures don’t automatically assist on buzz droids targets, it has always been a percentage chance.

Source for this? Is there a documentation of what the buzz droid ability on summoned units is?

Thanks in advance if you can show me where to find this.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Well, we've witnessed not all vulture droids assisting in matchups in TW when attacking an enemy with buzz droids.

Source for this? Is there a documentation of what the buzz droid ability on summoned units is?

Thanks in advance if you can show me where to find this.

3uslutj9zfcw.png
    Post edited by ImaSmakya on
  • It might have always been a 70% chance, but my RNG must have just had the biggest swing in luck ever, because I went from never noticing that it's a 70% chance to having multiple turns in a match with 0 assists, to the point that I'm searching for it now and not the year or whatever I've been using the fleet.
  • Loadage
    8 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Its 100% on the vulture droid unique ability for me. Its a 70% assist chance if that ability is level 1 instead of max level.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    Loadage wrote: »
    Its 100% on the vulture droid unique ability for me. Its a 70% assist chance if that ability is level 1 instead of max level.

It's 100% on the actual Vulture droid ship at max level. The other vulture droids are created when the original vulture dies or by Malevolence when you use a special ability, those instances of the vulture only ever have a 70% assist chance.
  • Amoliski wrote: »
    It might have always been a 70% chance, but my RNG must have just had the biggest swing in luck ever, because I went from never noticing that it's a 70% chance to having multiple turns in a match with 0 assists, to the point that I'm searching for it now and not the year or whatever I've been using the fleet.

You and almost everyone else it seems. Me included. But some players insist they’ve seen no change and CG are completely silent on this, closing all specific threads on that subject.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    Amoliski wrote: »
    It might have always been a 70% chance, but my RNG must have just had the biggest swing in luck ever, because I went from never noticing that it's a 70% chance to having multiple turns in a match with 0 assists, to the point that I'm searching for it now and not the year or whatever I've been using the fleet.

You and almost everyone else it seems. Me included. But some players insist they’ve seen no change and CG are completely silent on this, closing all specific threads on that subject.
    Or just directing people who claim there is a bug to the correct place to report it.

There is also more than enough footage out there of separatists before this change, shouldn't be too hard to prove there was more of a change than what was already stated in the update.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I've fought 10 arena battles over the last two days and had like 90% assist rate (rough estimate).

It's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    I didn't notice a drop in the rate of assists but I noticed a slight drop in damage due to the new order of assists.
    Not that I loose my fights against Negociator :-D
  • StarSon
    7406 posts Member

Not true. The text always said 70% chance (as it still does), but until the first change a few weeks ago it was always 100% anyway.
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

how so

They are not assisting after the target is already dead so they are not gaining as many stacks of overcharge.

They also lose the -% defense bonus from the buzz droids since the non VD will hit first, which removes a stack.